Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

Lucky Chap, Saved By Reducing Speed Limit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lucky Chap, Saved By Reducing Speed Limit (839 Views)

Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / How God Saved Me From A Car Fire Incident. Lessons And Tips. / FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucky Chap, Saved By Reducing Speed Limit by mrkels(m): 10:16am On Apr 07, 2016
So last night I saw a video on facebook posted by 332, a page dedicated to cars, thug poower, speed and every other car related accidents and features. It seemed very educating and interesting as I viewed over 14 videos on that page.
From there I went to youtube and started searching for horrible crashes in real life situations and I was just learning from it, it was also very hilarious especially when you see these bikers speed so much and then try to brake when they sense danger and a head on collision. It also contained some scenes that I wouldn't advice you to watch.

To cut the long story short, I slept off and woke up this morning just like every other morning, LATE. (Don't blame me, it's the kind of job I have, get up very early and go home very late) And as usual I rushed to have a bath, got ready and started my journey that almost took me to my maker.

On the mini express just before express junction in Udu where I was speeding with my colleague and jamming olamide's Igara chicken , I wanted to overtake someone and the next thing I saw was my bonnet almost smashing my windscreen, my colleague immediately ducked because he wasn't watching, people around were already sympathising as if we were going to die . Lucky for me I have been In stress like situations before and I know the best thing to do at that moment is to remain calm and that was how I was able to bring my car to a complete halt without causing any other major damage. Apparently after checking for oil and water this morning I didn't lock the bonnet properly.

Now when I go to work on that particular express I always try to march the throttle to the end, I have always been a fan of fast and furious and I always get excited when am on that road because its so smooth and also I just got this car last month so the engine, shocks, everything is also so smooth unlike the Ml I was using before. What really saved me today was those videos I watched yesterday and just when I wanted to increase my speed, I remembered that video, I then removed my leg a little from the throttle and gbam, my bonnet was coming onto us like an army set in battle array.

I just want to say here today that over speeding is not good and under no circumstance should you go above the speed limit stated for the road, it might just save your life and give you another fighting chance in this world with your friends and loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Chap, Saved By Reducing Speed Limit by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
speed kills, speed saves lives.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Chap, Saved By Reducing Speed Limit by DECOtech(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
speed kills, speed saves lives.

lol!
its a two edged sword
Re: Lucky Chap, Saved By Reducing Speed Limit by lonelydora: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2016
Whenever person wake up, na him morning be that.

(1) (Reply)

My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help / Classical Needles In The Haystack! / Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.