Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) (29566 Views)

Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Photo Of A Proud Father And His Six Daughters / Viral Picture Of Mother And Her Daughters. Can You Spot The Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Islie: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
A 65-year-old man, Alhaji Kamorudeen Ajibade and his daughters, Wuraola (19) and Shakirat (15) died on Tuesday in Somolu area of Lagos when their generator exploded. The incident, according to neighbours, happened about 10p.m. at 5, Adebiyi Street, Somolu.

Witnesses said Ajibade was pouring fuel inside his generator near a burning stove at the back of their apartment while Shakirat held the torchlight for him when the generator exploded. The sound of the explosion, the neighbours added, attracted Wuraola’s attention. According to them, she rushed outside but fell into the fire while trying to rescue her father and sister.

It was learnt that the wife of the deceased, Mrs. Rachael Ajibade, ran out of the house naked with her last child when she learnt of the tragedy. Ajibade’s first daughter, Mrs. Tawa Olasunkanmi, said she could not believe her father and two stepsisters had died. She said:

“I was on my way home after closing from shop when I got a phone call from my father’s neighbour that my father and my stepsisters had been consumed by fire. Immediately, I went to his residence only to see a mammoth crowd in the compound. Some people were wailing.

I was told my father died as a result of fuel explosion when he was refilling his generator.” Mrs. Rukayat Ibrahim, a neighbour, said when ‘Alhaji’ returned from work, he asked Shakirat to prepare tea for him. She went inside the room to prepare the the tea, while her father went to fill their generator near where she was boiling water. But they did not know the generator was leaking. “Shakirat on her phone’s light for her father to see. Suddenly, there was a loud sound which attracted everybody in the compound.

“That is all I could remember. I don’t even want to think about it. It is a big loss to this community.” A neighbour, who did not want his name in print, said, Wuraola would have survived the incident because she went inside the room to get milk for the tea when she heard the loud noise. According to him, Wuraola saw her father and sister burning but while trying to save her father who was close to her, she fell inside the fire. He said: “It is an awful experience. They all burnt beyond recognition.

It was difficult for the firefighters to access the house. The crowd was massive. Nobody knew they were trapped there. We thought they escaped. The firefighters went through another building and brought out their remains. That was when we knew they were dead.”

Ajibade, it was learnt, was to be appointed as the Chairman, National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Onipanu Phase 2. The NURTW Chairman, Bajulaiye Abiodun Unit, Mr. Sulaiman Allison, said he was with Ajibade on Tuesday at the motor park to discuss the latter’s proposed inauguration. He said: “I was surprised when I received a phone call about his death.

That is why I came to sympathise with his family. His death is a big loss to the union in Somolu. We will miss him.” One of Ajibade’s daughters, Shukurat Shabi, said it was difficult to believe that her father and sisters were gone. She said: “My father was a hardworking man.

When it is time for him to be rewarded for his efforts towards the progress of transport business in Somolu, he died. He bought a new bus three weeks ago to complement the one he had. He took fuel from the same bus to power the generator which caught fire.”

A neighbour, Vincent Achum, described the fire as mysterious. Achum said that about N400,000 the deceased collected from a cooperative society also got burnt. The burnt naira notes littered the compound. He said: “It was unusual for the deceased to return home early because he was plying Fola Agoro-Onipanu route.

But yesterday (Tuesday) he came early and asked for a cup of tea. He died without taking the tea. But to our surprise, the fire did not spread to other apartments in the compound.” The Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasaq Fadipe, said the fire was caused by fuel storage in the compound. He advised residents to desist from storing petroleum products in their homes to prevent loss of lives and property.

The Lagos State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit (SEHMU) was said to have evacuated the remains of the deceased to the Mainland General Hospital mortuary.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/father-two-daughters-die-lagos-explosion/

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by ExAngel007(f): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
SAD

these fuel issues have caused more distructions

God save us frm this mess!

8 Likes

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by chocolateme(f): 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
It's so unfortunate, RIP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by jane0000(f): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
RIP embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Pheals(f): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2016

the father must have been in the sun before he was able to get that little amount of fuel o! ! But y putting it near fire! ! RIP cry

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by VickyRotex(f): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
This is sad. May their souls find eternal rest.

3 Likes

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
Rip
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
RIP embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by tobtap: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
shocked shocked embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by calabaman(m): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
so sad.

NEPA HAVE U SEEN WHAT U HAVE CAUSED?

God help us all

RIP to the deceased!!

2 Likes

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by naira4554: 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
goodbye is the saddest word.
rip to the dead
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Curvinus(m): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
RIP

Apparently he was refueling the generator while its engine was still running..... a costly mistake that has cost him his dear life and that of his daughters......Sounds like a case of whom the gods want to kill........Sad indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Ugobxt(m): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
R. I. P to them.

Oh Lord save us at this Point Suffering
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by magicminister: 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nigeria is one of the few countries i know where life is virtually worthless.
I could shoot someone right in the middle of the street and get away with it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by just2okworld(f): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
father please have mercy!!!

1 Like

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by shobroy10(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
Things like that is to happen not cos of fuel scarcity
So mind u the guy up up up der take note

Btw RIP to the dead and imagine the fine gal though
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by patrickjose: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
sad news, RIP. please ensure maximum safety wen handling combustible substance.

1 Like

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by bodee(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lord God, have mercy!!!

1 Like

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Dollyak(f): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
God. Another people lost to the failed system.
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by MadCow1: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chai!
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by opineflu(m): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
These is a sad news too digest this hot afternoon...RIP to the dead.
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by lyterydim(m): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
I don't want to know what happen all I can say is blame buhari

1 Like

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Generalkorex(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
May their soul rest in peace.see wetin fashola caused
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
Their blood na ontop the head of our Minister of Petroleum and that phoney Minister, the one described as a square peg in a round hole, the one who said a serious government would fix the power situation within 6months. I no mention names oo, before zombies would descend on me.
RIP to the dead, may Allah grant you fridaus al Janna.

3 Likes

Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by gunther6(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
RIP cry... Sell this country already abeg... There is zero premium on life in this country. I am not afraid of hell abeg, I was born in Nigeria
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by queenserere(f): 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
Rip... wot a loss!!!
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by amdoyin82(m): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
ExAngel007:
SAD

these fuel issues have caused more distructions

God save us frm this mess!
did u forget to mention buhari name? U can't read and comprehend! Olote
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by classiclight(m): 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
too bad, RIP
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Igholize(m): 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
U seee... If dere is power supply, dis people would nt ve put gen dat causes explosion dat steal dier lives away.... Country dat doesn't ve plans 4 its citizens. Surfer dey dis country shal !
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by tbliz: 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
RIP
Re: Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) by Brugo(m): 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fire, fuel and generator all in one place. Very wrong!

Nigerians please stop risking your lives. Keep your generators far away from flames.

In every filling station, you'd find safety signs cautioning you against SMOKING AND RUNNING ENGINES. These signs are not there for nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women In STEM / What Wife Friendly Occupation Would You Suggest? / Marriage Is BORING! Fact! Soul mate or JUST MATES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.