Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,118 members, 7,860,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday (622 Views)

Death Of Idps: As Kashim Shettima Waits For Jonathan’s Call / Buhari's Minister Of Youth And Sports Barr. Dalong Just Visited Gongola State / Minister Of Sport Visit Gongola State In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday by youngies(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
The Honourable Minister of Sports and Youth Development Barrister Solomon Dalung yesterday attended a football match to mark the United Nations International Day of Sports for Peace and Development. To further celebrate the event, he posted several photos on his Facebook wall.

It is not clear if the Minister does not know that Gongola state stopped existing since 27 August 1991 or if the IDP football team is actually called IDPs of Gongola State.

Gongola State was a former administrative division of Nigeria. It was created on 3 February 1976 from Adamawa and Sardauna Provinces of North-Eastern State, together with the Wukari Division of the then Benue-Plateau State; it existed until 27 August 1991, when it was divided into two states - Adamawa and Taraba.

It will be recalled that Dalung was once quoted as saying: "I admit that I am a novice. But I also know that there are internal wrangling in the Federation" He made this statement in trying to respond to jibes over his poor knowledge of Nigeria Sport and whether he was qualified to head the ministry.

"I attended a football match between Internally Displaced Persons IDPs of Gongola State and footballers from the Diplomatic Community yesterday to mark the United Nations International Day of Sports for Peace and Development. The Diplomatic community included the Embassies of Argentina, Egypt, Venezuela, Italy, Germany, Turkey etc. Volunteers including the NIGERIA Red Cross, UNAIDS, UNICEF and the LIKEMINDS PROJECT donated food, stationery, clothing and other basic items to the IDPs. There was free HIV testing for all who came while I was also presented with an award for my contribution to Sports development."

Source: https://thewhistler.ng/story/dalung-attended-in-2016-a-football-match-of-idps-of-gongola-state-yesterday

Re: Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday by Last2comment(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ehen
Re: Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday by jane0000(f): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good. I so much love dis man.
Re: Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lol. This got me laughing.

Chai buhari park dullarrd full hin side nyafu nyafu
Re: Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
jane0000:
Good. I so much love dis man.
Are you from Gongola state or you didn't see the reason people are laughing grin
Re: Dalung Attended In 2016 A Football Match Of Idps Of Gongola State Yesterday by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lalasticlala come aend see Gongola state again.

Indomie generation won't even know there was a state called Gongola state before

(1) (Reply)

Akanu-ibiam-airport-cleared-flights-usa-china / Breaking News: Many Feared Killed As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Communities / Army Killed 1000+ Including Many Passersby In Zaria- Zakzaky's Elder Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.