Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal (27439 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Campaign Poster For Charmain Of Okrika LG Rivers State / Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Lilimax(f): 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool This is not about detractors and sadists BUT THE RULE OF LAW: You are the same people that complain that Nigeria is corrupt but when corruption favors you you turn a blind eye like a cheap hypocrite. Kwantinou. cool
I don;t know her personally but have been following this story up. As you know, this incident is no longer fresh? A life was involved accepted; but she has pleaded for clemency. Good a thing she has smelt the rod in Kirirkiri prison for a period but I'm just happy she has regained her freedom.
I'm sure she must have learnt her lessons.?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by DrChukzy(m): 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool Rubbish! To kill someone while driving recklessly (intentional or not) is a crime. She did the crime now she must do the time. cool
Oga go and jail her jare! If ur mum is in her shoe, u would av been shouting Lalas name to move ur post to fp after u go don blab and beg Nigerians tire! Think jor.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
what was her offense?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Gavel(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
charlesucheh:
Hen!hen!hen! So because she has Money abi? Come to think of the fact that, there are loads of people with similar offense, but because they aren't ibinabo, they're meant to complete their sentence and even serve more!!! The common law practice here in Nigeria has been skewed with corruption and material benefits #Justiceisfortherichindeed!!
Don't get it twisted bro. It's just bail pending appeal.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Gavel(m): 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
MissGdope:
what was her offense?
Reckless driving occasioning death, sis.

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by prophetfire: 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
kilokeys:
Is it over yet?

Lawyers in the house.. Please come and prove to us that u cannot just kill someone, pay 2m and go Scot free..

Cos there are many pple I wanna kill o.
i think people re realy misunderstandin what bail is all about. She has bn convicted,yes but this bail is to bring her out of prison pendind the hearing of her appeal cos she appealed to de supreme court.if she runs away,her sureties who signed for her bail will pay the state the 2million naira each or forefeit de properties dey pledged to de court if they default or abscond. If de supreme court affirms her conviction, she goes to prison finaly to serve her term. Peeps misunderstand dis with the stealin police men engage in @ police statios whereby dey arrest even innocent people or criminals, collect bail money from them and set them free,or make someone who is having a case @ de station to pay money before allowin de person to go home n be reporting for de case from home. Police bail is free legaly. Court bail is free too but sureties sign to pay de bail money if suspect absconds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by charlesucheh(m): 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
DrChukzy:
was the killing intentional or accidental? Who is the poor? Giwa's family? Setimental judgements wont take u anywhere.
Recklessness!!! Which is punishable by Law!!! If the act was intentional, she would have by now been serving a life sentence!!! I don't want to know any legal cry by so called learned colleagues on this thread! What I know is that, the law has been skewed in her direction to favor her some how!!!! NB: she was sentenced for Manslaughter (out of recklessness but not intentional) that's why she got 5years and not Life!!!!they should have allowed her spend her term and show the concrete nature of the law in this country for once!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
ICEFLAME419ja:
fuel is all the poor man has leftooo
Lol, both rich and poor needs fuel
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Gavel(m): 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lilimax:
I don;t know her personally but have been following this story up. As you know, this incident is no longer fresh? A life was involved accepted; but she has pleaded for clemency. Good a thing she has smelt the rod in Kirirkiri prison for a period but I'm just happy she has regained her freedom.
I'm sure she must have learnt her lessons.?
Well, yes she has pleaded for clemency, but a plea for clemency (allocutus in law) can only weigh the mind of the court to reduce the punishment for the offence. In any case, if she meets her bail conditions she is free to attend court from her home until judgment. But if the Supreme Court finds her appeal as lacking in merit, she will do the time.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
Gavel:

Reckless driving occasioning death, sis.
oh wow! and she's being granted bail? that's ridiculous.
thanks for filling me in btw

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by PrivateInvestig: 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good for the family of the deceased, as she and everybody beg dem reach, dem nor gree, 2million na change for Ibinabo, oil woman. Life is about forgiveness. Noe they can do nothing, if they had forgiven her, shr would be in their debt for life. undecided
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Lilimax(f): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
Gavel:

Well, yes she has pleaded for clemency, but a plea for clemency (allocutus in law) can only weigh the mind of the court to reduce the punishment for the offence. In any case, if she meets her bail conditions she is free to attend court from her home until judgment. But if the Supreme Court finds her appeal as lacking in merit, she will do the time.
I pray she finds favour in their sight and regain total freedom smiley

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by oglalasioux(m): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
kilokeys:
Is it over yet?

Lawyers in the house.. Please come and prove to us that u cannot just kill someone, pay 2m and go Scot free..

Cos there are many pple I wanna kill o.

There's a difference between manslaughter and murder. We should use our language in accordance with which of the two she committed.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by arsenal33: 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
charsobodo:
Respite for Ibinabo, wish her all the best in this battle...
what do you wish the family of the deceased?

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by stubbornman(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
Angelberry:
must it be about fuel
yes oh it has to be oh
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by samjadinero(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dem don runz am for Background.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by mkoabiola: 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
With muiz banire has her counsel, I see her walk freely as she will get justice in her favour.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Fanirandele: 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
So many are ignorant. She's been given bail till the case is over and the final judgment is passed on her. She will definitely get some jail time as all the courts have found her guilty the only thing in contention is how much time she does. That nonsense of paying fine will no longer apply.

When she's sentenced years from now you lot will be the same people saying after all these years
Sooner or later she will likely serve time

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
helphelp:
Let's see if truly she's arrogant.

She probably will never visit the Giwa's again, since it's the court's decision and not the so many pleads to the deceased family.

Meanwhile, her case is not with the Giwa's but the state.

This is getting stale, if I were her, I would put my house in order and do my time, she might be paroled in a year if she is of good behavior, that way, everyone gets closure. As she might have payed for her crime if she is guilty.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by datribune: 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
DrChukzy:
If it was ur dad that accidentally murder somebody and he is been publicly disgraced like this, how would u feel? Mtcheew

Publicly disgraced?. What an idiot u ar. As we speak, Fiberesima still drinks despite having killed someone in a drunk- driving incidence. She was said to have been seriously drunk while driving along Lekki/Epe Expressway which resulted in d accident dat killed Doctor Suraju Giwa. Onlookers & witnesses to d tragedy testified dat d impact of Fiberesima’s car into d victim’s was so violent that it took rescue teams over half an hour to rescue d persons who had survived d crash but who had also sustained injuries. Her conduct following d accident is d reason why d family of d victim & d lagos govt will not agree to an amicable settlement. Fiberesima fled d accident scene & checked into a hospital 4 medical attention leaving d victim behind. d police traced d car thru d VIN no & discovered d Lexus Jeep belonged to her ex-lover Daniel Wilson. She was brought in for interrogation d next day & subsequently put under arrest.

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by AntiWailer: 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
odinese:
Ibinabo, I and my men in black guys are coming to fight for you

I love Ellen I swear .
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by amanikondo: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lilimax:
Great! smiley
I've been praying that they temper justice with mercy on her.

Btw, this will not go down well with her so many detractors and sadists shocked
Shame to bad people! embarassed
I hope someone in your family is killed like that and you will say "Shame to bad people" that wants justice.

3 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by datribune: 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Fanirandele: 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
PrivateInvestig:
Good for the family of the deceased, as she and everybody beg dem reach, dem nor gree, 2million na change for Ibinabo, oil woman. Life is about forgiveness. Noe they can do nothing, if they had forgiven her, shr would be in their debt for life. undecided

You realise the case is still on right You are so ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Fanirandele: 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
tochimas:

This is getting stale, if I were her, I would put my house in order and do my time, she might be paroled in a year if she is of good behavior, that way, everyone gets closure. As she might have payed for her crime if she is guilty.

If she's smart she'll use this period to put her house in order in preparation for whatever time she will get because I certain she will go to jail. The supreme Court is not sitting on if she's guilty or not that has already been established . The Supreme Court will only decide how much time she'll get.

By the way you people should leave the family out of this.

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by greatbrian(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
I said it. The law in Nigeria is only meant for the common man. A lady did an hit and run. If not for passerby's she would HV not even own up to it...... Definitely she's not just doing it. And the best the civilian court can do is 2m bail when a life was involved ........ I weep for my country. What happened to dearth by hanging. What happened to 50 yes imprisonment. Kai. May God judge her sha
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
dotcomnamename:
HOW TO GO SCOT-FREE AFTER KILLING SOMEONE IN NIGERIA

(1) Be a Nollywood
(2) Be a politician, even if its just Counsellor
(3) Be a billionaire

HOW TO GO TO JAIL FOR KILLING SOMEONE IN NIGERIA:

(1) Come from a very poor family background
(2) Be poor
(3) Be very poor
No nah it's not peculiar to Nigeria, it's a globe phenomenon
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Fanirandele: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
PrivateInvestig:

Let's just open the prison gates and let everyone go free since life is about forgiveness

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by diva90: 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
How is this even possible? Do people who are already sentenced get bail? Isn't bail only applicable to people who haven't been sentenced yet. How unfair and unjust is this issue? I hope the family of the deceased gets justice! No one should be able to evade the law just because of their societal position. For those of you saying the law should tamper justice with mercy, just put ur self in the shoes of the family of the deceased. Imagine that was your relation.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Obamina(m): 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
Laws are made to protect the rich and prosecute the poor here in Nigeria...
Uchehot:
she don submit
Uchehot:
she don submit
Uchehot:
she don submit
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fanirandele:

If she's smart she'll use this period to put her house in order in preparation for whatever time she will get because I certain she will go to jail. The supreme Court is not sitting on if she's guilty or not that has already been established . The Supreme Court will only decide how much time she'll get.

By the way you people should leave the family out of this.
What I mean is that innocent peeps sometimes do go to jail due to circumstantial evidence , Nigeria police don't do alcohol test at a spot.instead of relaying just on witnesses to deem her drunk. Courts have sentenced innocent victims before .
My own is that she is better off accepting her fate instead of continually postponing the evil day.she can pay the price and latter on use her status to champion a cause for better equipments for police and frsc. How many Innner city roads have speed ,limit sef to determine over speed? If they have do the police or frsc have the equipment to capture a person's sped at the time of the accident.
Let her do her time and chose a cause based on her experiences.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by bedspread: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
dotcomnamename:
HOW TO GO SCOT-FREE AFTER KILLING SOMEONE IN NIGERIA

(1) Be a Nollywood
(2) Be a politician, even if its just Counsellor
(3) Be a billionaire

HOW TO GO TO JAIL FOR KILLING SOMEONE IN NIGERIA:

(1) Come from a very poor family background
(2) Be poor
(3) Be very poor
(4) Steal a pen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AY Thanks The Person That Once Duped Him / Ubi Franklin Drags Troll Who Said His Post Made 'no Sense' / Meet Chukwudi Ezenwa, Chairman Of GSS Group, Architect And Filmmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.