Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal (27437 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Campaign Poster For Charmain Of Okrika LG Rivers State / Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Fanirandele: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
tochimas:

What I mean is that innocent peeps sometimes do go to jail due to circumstantial evidence , Nigeria police don't do alcohol test at a spot.instead of relaying just on witnesses to deem her drunk. Courts have sentenced innocent victims before .
My own is that she is better off accepting her fate instead of continually postponing the evil day.she can pay the price and latter on use her status to champion a cause for better equipments for police and frsc. How many Innner city roads have speed ,limit sef to determine over speed? If they have do the police or frsc have the equipment to capture a person's at the time of the accident.
Let her do her time and chose a cause based on her experiences.

The courts didn't find her guilty based on if she was drunk or not alone
The car was checked and it was established that there was no mechanical fault so either way she was guilty of reckless driving. Plus she tampered with evidence by taking paper away from the car and running from the scene of the accident
Yes she better off doing her time and rebuilding her life. If she had done her time since she would have moved on by now

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
kilokeys:
Is it over yet?

Lawyers in the house.. Please come and prove to us that u cannot just kill someone, pay 2m and go Scot free..

Cos there are many pple I wanna kill o.
She will still be on trial. Payment of bail doesn't mean that she will be discharged and acquitted
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Chinatownm(m): 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
ayaotas:
Hope she will behave herself

Wat happened initially
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by nwarosa: 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
Why are people so certain that Ibinabo is rich by the way?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by slap1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
I'm happy for her. May God console the late lawyer's family.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by tbliss22(m): 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
But I thought the case is manslaughter and not murder as insinuated by some people here!!
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
greatbrian:
I said it. The law in Nigeria is only meant for the common man. A lady did an hit and run. If not for passerby's she would HV not even own up to it...... Definitely she's not just doing it. And the best the civilian court can do is 2m bail when a life was involved ........ I weep for my country. What happened to dearth by hanging. What happened to 50 yes imprisonment. Kai. May God judge her sha
She has been convicted for manslaughter which isn't punishable by death. Her meeting the bail conditions doesn't set her free.
Her case will still be heated by the Supreme Court which could either affirm the sentence of the lower court (5-yr imprisonment) or reduce her punishment.
I don't think the Supreme Court would lessen the sentence due to the fact that she sped off from the accident scene, thereby implying that she wasn't remorseful for her reckless act.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by kilokeys(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
Gavel:

Haha. Bros, a convict who is appealing a conviction has the right to apply to the trial court of an appellate court for bail pending appeal. The condition precedent for the grant of such bail is special or exceptional circumstance. Granting same is at the discretion of the court. A bail bond is a binding force to ensure that the convict attends trial from day to day. No money is paid. The bail sum is not paid until the convict jumps bail and the surety's property is attached and the surety loses that sum.

Gavel.. Thanks for the education.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by greatbrian(m): 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
CFCman:

She has been convicted for manslaughter which isn't punishable by death. Her meeting the bail conditions doesn't set her free.
Her case will still be heated by the Supreme Court which could either affirm the sentence of the lower court (5-yr imprisonment) or reduce her punishment.
I don't think the Supreme Court would lessen the sentence due to the fact that she sped off from the accident scene, thereby implying that she wasn't remorseful for her reckless act.
It still goes back to the stupid mob. Pple there should have hacked her. its only hungry theifs stealing rice or goat that they will beat to stupour. I rili wish the angry mobs should have left scars on her that would HV lived her disable for life. She would HV learnt the limitation of arrogance
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by DrChukzy(m): 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
datribune:

Publicly disgraced?. What an idiot u ar. As we speak, Fiberesima still drinks despite having killed someone in a drunk- driving incidence. She was said to have been seriously drunk while driving along Lekki/Epe Expressway which resulted in d accident dat killed Doctor Suraju Giwa. Onlookers & witnesses to d tragedy testified dat d impact of Fiberesima’s car into d victim’s was so violent that it took rescue teams over half an hour to rescue d persons who had survived d crash but who had also sustained injuries. Her conduct following d accident is d reason why d family of d victim & d lagos govt will not agree to an amicable settlement. Fiberesima fled d accident scene & checked into a hospital 4 medical attention leaving d victim behind. d police traced d car thru d VIN no & discovered d Lexus Jeep belonged to her ex-lover Daniel Wilson. She was brought in for interrogation d next day & subsequently put under arrest.
You must be an idiot to be able to detect one. Cant u explain witawt insult?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by loomer: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
This one na country?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
greatbrian:

It still goes back to the stupid mob. Pple there should have hacked her. its only hungry theifs stealing rice or goat that they will beat to stupour. I rili wish the angry mobs should have left scars on her that would HV lived her disable for life. She would HV learnt the limitation of arrogance
I'm not generally in favor of jungle justice though. I still believe the legal system is the best avenue for civilized people to seek redress for a breach of the law.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
PrivateInvestig:
Good for the family of the deceased, as she and everybody beg dem reach, dem nor gree, 2million na change for Ibinabo, oil woman. Life is about forgiveness. Noe they can do nothing, if they had forgiven her, shr would be in their debt for life. undecided

For Someone who was driving under the influence of alcohol and fled the scene of the crime on record. Anyway it's her against the state. She 'll still do her time.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by datribune: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
DrChukzy:
You must be an idiot to be able to detect one. Cant u explain witawt insult?

If making Ibinabo, an unrepentant convicted killer drunk-driver who still drinks into a victim who is being publicly disgraced is not d argument of an idiot then what can possibly be. When i read ur earlier post i thought u were an idiot, but now all doubt is gone. Re-read what u wrote earlier & u be d judge.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by ostopsmich(m): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Are you coachable and wish to make extra Income from home while you still do what you do presently? If YES, Contact Temitope on ostopsmich@gmail.com
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by xtervaganza(m): 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lilimax:
Great! smiley
I've been praying that they temper justice with mercy on her.

Btw, this will not go down well with her so many detractors and sadists shocked
Shame to bad people! embarassed
would be good to hear the tune you'll play if she had killed you or your family

Oloshi
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
Seriously... just think of it this way -> "would you say the same thing if she killed your father?"

No... just imagine it in that manner... in USA and UK she would not even get bail!

Lilimax:
Great! smiley

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by greatbrian(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
CFCman:

I'm not generally in favor of jungle justice though. I still believe the legal system is the best avenue for civilized people to seek redress for a breach of the law.
Now I read a story last month of a man who stole 20k or smfin and he was sentence to death in ondo state. And imagine someone who killed in day light. I guess coz she's influential the case was changed to man slaughter. And am sure she won't be jailed.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
greatbrian:

Now I read a story last month of a man who stole 20k or smfin and he was sentence to death in ondo state. And imagine someone who killed in day light. I guess coz she's influential the case was changed to man slaughter. And am sure she won't be jailed.

I believe she was charged with manslaughter because she didn't commit the offense with malice or aforethought. In other words, there was no evidence that Ibinabo had thought and planned to kill the late doctor before she got into her car and drove on that day. So, the manslaughter charge is in order. In some jurisdictions, her crime is termed "vehicular manslaughter".

On the other hand, the man in Ondo may have committed armed robbery, if he used a weapon or weapons to aid him in stealing the N20k. In Nigeria, armed robbery carries an automatic death sentence; which I think is too harsh.

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by greatbrian(m): 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
CFCman:

I believe she was charged with manslaughter because she didn't commit the offense with malice or aforethought. In other words, there was no evidence that Ibinabo had thought and planned to kill the late doctor before she got into her car and drove on that day. So, the manslaughter charge is in order. In some jurisdictions, her crime is termed "vehicular manslaughter".

On the other hand, the man in Ondo may have committed armed robbery, if he used a weapon or weapons to aid him in stealing the N20k. In Nigeria, armed robbery carries an automatic death sentence; which I think is too harsh.
Are u a law student??
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
greatbrian:

Are u a law student??
Yes, I am. cool I have some general knowledge of American (and common law) criminal law and procedure
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Ndolarr: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
The bail was granted not on merit, but on the basis of man know man. Muniz Banire is a Lagos power broker, so the appeal court judge must concur! The case will fizzle out with time. The family of the deceased doctor should hand over the matter to God, with whom there is no partiality
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by greatbrian(m): 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
CFCman:

Yes, I am. cool I have some general knowledge of American (and common law) criminal law and procedure
I see. Anyway I dtest lawyers so much.... My elder sister z preparing for law school and u know living with a lawyer might be technical. We argue on most things. And the truth z am nt trained to argue so she always end up winning the arguments. Don't know if am to say nice meeting u
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
greatbrian:

I see. Anyway I dtest lawyers so much.... My elder sister z preparing for law school and u know living with a lawyer might be technical. We argue on most things. And the truth z am nt trained to argue so she always end up winning the arguments. Don't know if am to say nice meeting u
Lol. Lawyers are only concerned with getting the best deal for their client(s); although some are slimy and borderline criminal in their professional conduct.
I'm looking to practice immigration law though. Criminal law would be my 'second choice'
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by saasala(m): 12:21am On Apr 08, 2016
"Suddenly, they dislike Obama for shaking and always giving Buhari an audience. They say a Fulani man shouldn't be ruling them. They care less about his capacity and competence. All they see is a Fulani and a northerner. They hate the war on corruption. They say it's one sided, witch-hunting, persecuting and selective. Yet they want Nigeria to be better They hate the Nigerian Army. They now love Boko Haram and don't want insurgency to end. Because victory over Boko Haram is shame on their man and a credit to Buhari! They now see Saraki as their hero regardless of his corrupt past and present, as long as he is doing their bidding and disregarding his party's directives. They love his being an APC by day and a PDP by night. To them, rebellion is a good thing. They now love Wike, Fayose, FFK, Okupe, Metuh, Diezani, Iweala, and co. to always talk and defend the indefensible. Even when they know they were part the group that almost destroyed the country. They blame Buhari for padding. They asked Buhari to sign Budget Summary. Even when they know that's not the ideal thing to do. Yet they will be the first to blame him if budget implementation fails. They complain about fuel scarcity yet they are the ones causing the scarcity. They blame Tinubu for scolding Kachikwu. They were expecting Kachikwu to insult Jagaban...How disappointed they were! They called Jonathan a saint. Jonathan and co. are refunding their loots. They say we should let Jonathan be. Even when they know he oversaw the worst mismanagement of the Nigerian economy. And in all of these, they chorused, "is this the change we voted for?" Even when they know they never voted for change in the first place. That is how mischievous an average wailer is......They're career sadists, enemy of decency, and haters of progress!!!! One moment they say they are Biafrans, the next moment, they say they are British!!! So you knew you're British and you came to disturb the peace of another country. Hypocrite! One moment they say FFK hate them. Later, they say FFK is their man. They will say Kachikwu is not theirs but call for Kachikwu's resignation, they will say you hate them. To them, Dasuki is from Aba, Okorocha is from Kano. Their complaint is that they hate Nigeria and want her dissolved. Ask them for solution they will tell you, 'Concede power to us, let's lead Nigeria.' So Science and Technology is not good, Labour Ministry is bad and there's nothing in Foreign Affairs. Yet they didn't complain when Jonathan gave them Labour....yet no wahala. They will wonder why Yorubas are not supporting Saraki but worry less about why they hate Amaechi so much! Hatred is a vehicle that can only take its passenger to a destructive destination! You can't sow hate and reap love! It is a natural law. There's nobody that cannot rule Nigeria, if Jonathan can, if Gowon can, anybody can but no one can do it alone or use a vehicle of hate to get there! Credit: Deji Osho JP" Copied Matthew Patrick Akhere
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by MathsChic(f): 2:58am On Apr 08, 2016
Lilimax:
Great! smiley

Are you right in the head at all? Those who want a dead man and his grieving family to get justice are detractors and sadists? What has the fallen standards in this hopeless country caused your reasoning?

3 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by MathsChic(f): 3:00am On Apr 08, 2016
TheTransformer:
Seriously... just think of it this way -> "would you say the same thing if she killed your father?"

No... just imagine it in that manner... in USA and UK she would not even get bail!

"Bail" is saying too much. In the US, she'd have more counts to answer to, including driving under influence.

2 Likes

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 08, 2016
MathsChic:

"Bail" is saying too much. In the US, she'd have more counts to answer to, including driving under influence.
Since her offense isn't murder, she would be eligible for bail in the US
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by TheSociopath(m): 5:37am On Apr 08, 2016
Gavel:

Haha. Bros, a convict who is appealing a conviction has the right to apply to the trial court of an appellate court for bail pending appeal. The condition precedent for the grant of such bail is special or exceptional circumstance. Granting same is at the discretion of the court. A bail bond is a binding force to ensure that the convict attends trial from day to day. No money is paid. The bail sum is not paid until the convict jumps bail and the surety's property is attached and the surety loses that sum.

Most of this commenters think the court has set her scot free. I don't know how bail pending the appeal means she's free
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by greatbrian(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2016
CFCman:

Lol. Lawyers are only concerned with getting the best deal for their client(s); although some are slimy and borderline criminal in their professional conduct.
I'm looking to practice immigration law though. Criminal law would be my 'second choice'
My sis z into oil and gas. Although I love her choice shaa
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by Dexema(m): 7:18am On Apr 08, 2016
ceejay80s:

She never intended to kill, it was an accident and it can happen to anybody,
It happened to My colleague in the office , his girlfriend was still learning how to drive, one day the guy left his car at home and warned her not to touch the car key, the guy came to the office and called her on phone again and told her not to drive the car but the devil as usual pushed her, and she killed a man with the car , at the end it was settled after months of begging at the police station
your colleagues girlfriend needs to be delivered first by TB Joshua then sentenced to do time at ikoyi prisons.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal by ILEGHIT: 7:39am On Apr 08, 2016
so dis thing wey be happen for pdp tenure when she go jail for some months don come back again for baba go slow era,nawa o..naija we are are cursed for life.
if na poor man go by mistake do wetin she do,judge no go even get joy,na to sentence am to about 60years with hard labour,e go first do 25years b4 anytin.
useless country,men na to do anything to get this money dey my head now,as long as i no carry gun,kill
poverty na disease,poverty no be when you no geh money o,poverty na when you dey stey rented apartment,dey drive tokunbo car,dey que for filling station,dey form boss.thats the poverty im talking about.

abegi,d case don end,ibinabo don go aous,dem feel say na yankee dem dey,wey dem dey form released on bail with strict warning my foot

If na say na during the Power Drunk Party Days(PDP)i for say well its allowed,blame jona,...but who go think am say all dis kind matter go still dey exist unda apc aft d so called Dullard Buhari claimed he will kill corruption with mouth abi.
smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AY Thanks The Person That Once Duped Him / Davido Meets, Ernest Bai Koroma, Sierra Leone President / Ini Edo Rocks N900k D&G Embellished Glasses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.