Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency (1438 Views)

Is Smartweb.com.ng Good? / Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng / My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by mikkytrio(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good day,

I am a computer engineer and I happen to be a co-founder of an i.c.t. startup in Nigeria. With the new #buyNaijaGrowTheNaira we opted to move our services to Nigerian hosting companies. Our choice came down to Smartweb.com.ng, and the regrets, downtimes and even things as simple as the captured screen attached were issues we faced while we have (because we are still working on transferring our domain, still with drama) our hosting with them. I am not here to openly point a woe to them, but as a community I thought it wise to share this knowledge to avoid other webmasters from suffering avoidable issues such as this.

Please, if you have other options for hosting that can guarantee quality and service, my team and I would be really grateful to use their / its service.

Thanks

1 Share

Re: Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by Destined2win: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
They are for real. Take that from me
Re: Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by mikkytrio(m): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
@Destined2win, I respect the fact that they (smartyweb.com.ng) have a customer care unit that tells you your problem has been solved only for your site to go on and off.
Being real means offering the service / services as promised. Not part of the service, I believe that is what hosting companies are to offer. Not to bloat over foreign companies, but it really is disheartening when your client calls you in the middle of a presentation to tell you that your website is off. Better companies apologise before hand, averting you embarrassment and instilling confidence in you when responding to customer complaints, because you do not only know what went wrong but also for how long.

@Destined2win I highly advocate for Nigerian products, but when we see errors in them, its only right; we call them out and allow the company / (ies) work on their flaws or not promise offers they cant afford to meet up to.
Re: Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
hmmm.... I cannot vouch for any Web Hosting company in Nigeria
Re: Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by kingthreat(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
I will rate their customer support 50% but they are for real. A better option is whogohost.com. i actually made my client leave her UK host for those guys.
Re: Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by resultcase(m): 12:05am On Apr 08, 2016
Honestly Smartweb needs to review the efficiency of their customer service/technical team.
Re: Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by mikkytrio(m): 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
coolsix:
hmmm.... I cannot vouch for any Web Hosting company in Nigeria

It really is embarrassing when we have very beautiful and talented set of young aspiring developers, whaling away talents cause of these so called hosts.
Re: Is Smartweb.com.ng A Scam Or A Real Hosting Agency by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 09, 2016
mikkytrio:
Good day,

I am a computer engineer and I happen to be a co-founder of an i.c.t. startup in Nigeria. With the new #buyNaijaGrowTheNaira we opted to move our services to Nigerian hosting companies. Our choice came down to Smartweb.com.ng, and the regrets, downtimes and even things as simple as the captured screen attached were issues we faced while we have (because we are still working on transferring our domain, still with drama) our hosting with them. I am not here to openly point a woe to them, but as a community I thought it wise to share this knowledge to avoid other webmasters from suffering avoidable issues such as this.

Please, if you have other options for hosting that can guarantee quality and service, my team and I would be really grateful to use their / its service.

Thanks

Hello mikkytrio,

If you'd be interested in a more solid uptime at an extremely cheap price then take a look at what we've in stock for you.

Now N2,500 per year Only!!! Get 5GB Large Disk Space, 50GB Bandwidth, Unlimited Email Accounts, Unlimited Databases, Unlimited Sub-domains, Unlimited FTP Accounts and More Unlimited Features with Free DDoS Protection, Free Unlimited SSL Certificates, Free Website Migration Assistance, Attracta SEO Tools, Softaculous, Cloudflare CDN, 100% Uptime, 24/7 Customer Support, 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Get all & even more for Only N2,500 per year!

We guarantee a rock solid 100% Uptime!

KINDLY CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR OUR WEBSITE

(1) (Reply)

Web Hosting / Build Ur Website / As A Human, Does Smoking Weed Make You More Creative In Your Daily Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.