Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence (615 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 08, 2016
IMPORTANT QUESTION NEEDING GODLY PROOF/ANSWER.
HI Peeps. Please respond o the following with scriptural quotes to back up your answer: Is it ok or sinful to be a member of a church in country A and send your monthly tithe to another church whose pastor has been of tremendous spiritual assistance to you in country B? And should the country B pastor insist on your sending your tithe? please assist a confused brother with your candid answer
Re: Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by mymoneygrows(f): 3:30am On Apr 08, 2016
Tithes are supposed to be a deal between you and God. So, I pay my tithes to wherever and whoever i feel led to pay my tithe to either a pastor or mission organizations. My church or the persons or organizations have no right to monitor my tithe and i dont owe them explanations.
Re: Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by Annunaki(m): 6:26am On Apr 08, 2016
Are you even supposed to tithe as a christian in the first place

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by Peritus(m): 8:49am On Apr 08, 2016
My dear, Christianity is not a hard and fast rule. You can't just say it's wrong or right. The spirit may direct you to send your tithe to a growing church. Making some things of God fixed may hamper the work of the Spirit. The major thing is to worship in spirit, and he will surely direct every aspect of your life.
From my own perspective, there is nothing wrong in paying tithe outside if the intention is wholly good, and devoid of ill will. Remember, tithing should be out of free will, and not sake of command. Be careful of any minister who is particularly interested in your tithe. Be wary also of those who preach/prophesy money out of people's pocket. If your spirit tells you to feed physically the person that gives you the right spiritual food, then follow your spirit, he's right.
Re: Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by dorox(m): 9:18am On Apr 08, 2016
Tithe is a holy scam used by men of god to enrich their pockets. It is a practice that is not supported in the bible account of the first century christians.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by ifenes(m): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2016
A black person being a christian is a joke. Huge joke.
Re: Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
sweetpies:
IMPORTANT QUESTION NEEDING GODLY PROOF/ANSWER.
HI Peeps. Please respond o the following with scriptural quotes to back up your answer: Is it ok or sinful to be a member of a church in country A and send your monthly tithe to another church whose pastor has been of tremendous spiritual assistance to you in country B? And should the country B pastor insist on your sending your tithe? please assist a confused brother with your candid answer

Christians are not under the law of tithing because in Christ there are no jews or gentiles, we are all brothers and sisters. And if there are no jews or gentiles it follows that there are no levites beacuse we are all priests unto God. (1 peter 2:9)

If you want to give 10% of your income to any church you are at liberty to do so. Nobody has the authority to demand of you how to spend your money. It belongs to you.

The so called pastor insisting you pay tithe to him is lacking understanding of the chritsian faith - a problem too common in the pentecostal churches. You are meant to be a christian not a convert into Judaism. I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Is It Biblical Sendin Your Tithes To A Church Outside Your Country Of Residence by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
ApostleT:

Christians are not under the law of tithing because in Christ there are no jews or gentiles, we are all brothers and sisters. And if there are no jews or gentiles it follows that there are no levites beacuse we are all priests unto God. (1 peter 2:9)

If you want to give 10% of your income to any church you are at liberty to do so. Nobody has the authority to demand of you how to spend your money. It belongs to you.

The so called pastor insisting you pay tithe to him is lacking understanding of the chritsian faith - a problem too common in the pentecostal churches. You are meant to be a christian not a convert into Judaism. I hope this helps

Thanks Apostle. It helps.

(1) (Reply)

The Real Mohammed / Why Did JESUS Fold The Napkin / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.