Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On (9413 Views)

Whatsapp Will Stop Working On Certain Smartphones From Today / Whatsapp Group For Laptops And Computer Engineers In Sango / Help Ussd Code Not Working On My Hsdpa Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Tech heads, what projects are you guys working on at the moment. I am currently swapping out old EOS switches with newer ones. the technical work is simple but the documentation is tasking..... I will upload pics when i can.

feel free to share what you are working on

2 Likes

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by shawlxAk(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2016
I'm planning to set-up a wired LAN in my home. I'm currently searching for a used low-end CISCO catalyst switch at a very affordable price. Perhaps, you can help?

What is your approach to documentation? It's supposed to be fun..

Techsupport:
Tech heads, what projects are you guys working on at the moment. I am currently swapping out old EOS switches with newer ones. the technical work is simple but the documentation is tasking..... I will upload pics when i can.

feel free to share what you are working on
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
shawlxAk:

I'm planning to set-up a wired LAN in my home. I'm currently searching for a used low-end CISCO catalyst switch at a very affordable price. Perhaps, you can help?

What is your approach to documentation? It's supposed to be fun..

Hey, sorry to have replied late. crazy work week.

have you wired the place with CAT 6 cables, have you designated you IDF. If you have, then you have done the hard work. I will be particularly careful with the patch panel and the numbering of the wall plates. Do you intend to have a DHCP server for the client computers ?
As for the cisco switch, I am a bit far from you at the moment.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by shawlxAk(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
No worries. I can handle the setup.

Ok, no qualms.

Techsupport:

Hey, sorry to have replied late. crazy work week.

have you wired the place with CAT 6 cables, have you designated you IDF. If you have, then you have done the hard work. I will be particularly careful with the patch panel and the numbering of the wall plates. Do you intend to have a DHCP server for the client computers ?
As for the cisco switch, I am a bit far from you at the moment.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
I have to trash 14 of these....

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
And replace them with these

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Djcn: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2016
I am planning to setup a free wifi for my neighborhood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by jahstech: 9:15am On Apr 14, 2016
Techsupport:
And replace them with these
Please What's the difference?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by jahstech: 9:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Djcn:

What routers/servers do you plan to use?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
jahstech:

Please What's the difference?

The first picture is a 6509 and the replacement are 4500. the 6500 series chasis is no longer supported by cisco and we need a 10 GB uplink to the distribution switch on each access port, the 6500 only has 10 Gb on select ports.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by jahstech: 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Techsupport:

The first picture is a 6509 and the replacement are 4500. the 6500 series chasis is no longer supported by cisco and we need a 10 GB uplink to the distribution switch on each access port, the 6500 only has 10 Gb on select ports.

Cheers

WOW,

though a practicing networker, I think I understand to some extend. You mean you want each port of those routers to give out up to 10GB!!

Aspiring to know networking to such great extend.

Is your company an ISP, am wondering how come you are uploading such massive amount of data
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
jahstech:

WOW,

though a practicing networker, I think I understand to some extend. You mean you want each port of those routers to give out up to 10GB!!

Aspiring to know networking to such great extend.

Is your company an ISP, am wondering how come you are uploading such massive amount of data

Kinda Like An ISP. We have a data center and we service smaller entities. We run SAP and we support void across fiber links to different locations
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by lincoln123: 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
@ Techsupport as you working with system integration company? And where , lagos or outside Lagos
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
lincoln123:
@ Techsupport as you working with system integration company? And where , lagos or outside Lagos
I am sorry can you rephrase your question
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by lincoln123: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2016
Techsupport:

I am sorry can you rephrase your question

Oh sorry, I'm asking if u're working with system integrator Organisation. If yes, where?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
lincoln123:

Oh sorry, I'm asking if u're working with system integrator Organisation. If yes, where?

No sir, I am not working with a system integration Organization. ANd it is not in Lagos
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by jahstech: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Techsupport:

No sir, I am not working with a system integration Organization. ANd it is not in Lagos
What courses would train you on how to work on switches and routers of such class? I need to broaden my horizon.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
jahstech:

What courses would train you on how to work on switches and routers of such class? I need to broaden my horizon.
It depends on where u are now as regards experience and opportunity to work on such hardware. I would tell you to start with ccna and work up the ladder. Ccna is just a start. Don't get it and relax.

Cheers
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ok. Today is swap Friday and I am gething ready to upgrade the first switch. Powered up the switch and I could smell the sweet scent of the ios-xe.

2 Likes

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
;DToyed around with my tftp settings,
Got tftp going.
Now file transfer is done.
Time to reboot the switch

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by lincoln123: 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Techsupport:
;DToyed around with my tftp settings,
Got tftp going.
Now file transfer is done.
Time to reboot the switjch

Good job Bro. I Guess u're outside Nigeria ?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2016
Y is ccna getting more difficult
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
lincoln123:

Good job Bro. I Guess u're outside Nigeria ?

Why would you think that. I believed i called you sometime ago when you advertised a cisco job

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
ifex370:
Y is ccna getting more difficult

I would not say it is getting more difficult, The reason it is looking difficult is because Cisco is incorporating real life enterprise solutions in the exam. things like syslog and netflow are integral part of network monitoring. In this day and age you dont want to just deploy your network without a reporting and monitoring platform to oversee the health of the entire infrastructure.
So don't be discouraged. you can pass it and then do some more good.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
Techsupport:

I would not say it is getting more difficult, The reason it is looking difficult is because Cisco is incorporating real life enterprise solutions in the exam. things like syslog and netflow are integral part of network monitoring. In this day and age you dont want to just deploy your network without a reporting and monitoring platform to oversee the health of the entire infrastructure.
So don't be discouraged. you can pass it and then do some more good.

Cheers

Pls help me with names of materials I can get n key pointers.. I already have Jeremy ciaoris videos but I don't feel am doing enough..

I have less than 6 months to get certified so everyday count.. However I work in a place where there's uninterrupted power and I don't do anything all day...so I have enough time to study

Thank you in anticipation
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Djcn:
How big is your neighborhood
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
ifex370:

Pls help me with names of materials I can get n key pointers.. I already have Jeremy ciaoris videos but I don't feel am doing enough..

I have less than 6 months to get certified so everyday count.. However I work in a place where there's uninterrupted power and I don't do anything all day...so I have enough time to study

Thank you in anticipation

When you are done watching jeremy, get Todd lame ccna study guide
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Billyjim: 3:29am On Apr 19, 2016
Techsupport:

i will sugest kevin wallace video with only you shd be 70 % ready for the exam

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 6:41am On Apr 19, 2016
Techsupport:

I have lammies guide (pdf) but its second edition.. Am looking for a place to purchase the hard copy in Nigeria without going through Amazon
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 6:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Billyjim:
i will sugest kevin wallace video with only you shd be 70 % ready for the exam

Already downloading 87% grin
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Billyjim: 8:58am On Apr 19, 2016
am waiting for your feedback
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
Billyjim:
am waiting for your feedback

What feedback sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend / Swap Your Dead Or Faulty Laptop With A Perfectly Working Used Laptop In Lagos / Grade A USA Laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.