Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On (9497 Views)

Whatsapp Will Stop Working On Certain Smartphones From Today / Whatsapp Group For Laptops And Computer Engineers In Sango / Help Ussd Code Not Working On My Hsdpa Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by jahstech: 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
femipeters015:
hello guys, just stumbled on this thread and i must say it has been very educated. i just got a job as an i.t consultant in a security firm, i have knowledge about software but i'm faced with setting up there networking system, Have been able to set them up, through the help of google, trial and error. my main question is where do i start from if i want to have a career in networking? can i depend on youtube video tutorials?.. thanks as i appreciate your quick response
What type of networking do you want to concentrate on? Wired or wireless?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by chimeluiz: 6:51am On Jun 11, 2016
femipeters015:
hello guys, just stumbled on this thread and i must say it has been very educated. i just got a job as an i.t consultant in a security firm, i have knowledge about software but i'm faced with setting up there networking system, Have been able to set them up, through the help of google, trial and error. my main question is where do i start from if i want to have a career in networking? can i depend on youtube video tutorials?.. thanks as i appreciate your quick response

A career in Networking??

Start with Comptia N+, it would take you through the basics then try CCNA. You might not necessarily take the exams but these courses are a great reference material for any Network Administrator.

You could also share your network topology/setup and certain problems or new designs you are trying to implement and all the engineers on this thread can help you out!!

smiley smiley
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by slye(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
pls who knows how much ccna exams costs now ?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by femipeters015(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
chimeluiz:

A career in Networking??

Start with Comptia N+, it would take you through the basics then try CCNA. You might not necessarily take the exams but these courses are a great reference material for any Network Administrator.

You could also share your network topology/setup and certain problems or new designs you are trying to implement and all the engineers on this thread can help you out!!

smiley smiley
okay thanks alot,i appreciate
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ogbevireo(m): 6:56am On Jun 15, 2016
slye:
pls who knows how much ccna exams costs now ?

check NCT academy Ibadan. They have very good prices. And they can book for you to write anywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by slye(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2016
ogbevireo:

check NCT academy Ibadan. They have very good prices. And they can book for you to write anywhere in Nigeria.
Thanks bro, give me their address Pls
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by slye(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2016
ogbevireo:

I've gotten the address. @ring road, right?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
ogbevireo:

@Techsupport. Good evening. Kindly give a candid opinion. In today's network market especially considering Nigeria are there places for new CCIEs?

In Nigeria can a brand new CCIE get a steady pay of 7 figures monthly?

How long would you say it would take to move from CCNP to CCIE if one had the opportunity to study 100% for a six month period would that be enough time to pass the lab?

How many CCIEs do we have working in Nigeria?

Peace!

Sorry for the late response.
Of course there is always a place for a ccie, I dont have the exact figure for ccie but i know that they make around $140k per year outside Nigeria, so 1 million naira a month is very very possible.
I will say this for the duration, it all depends on how much you know already. I will give the written portion of the exam 4 months of heavy study and i will prepare for the lab for a minimum of 12 months. I am being realistic here. there is no cutting corners to that 1 million a month salary
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ogbevireo(m): 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
slye:
I've gotten the address. @ring road, right?

Yes its at ring road Ibadan. It is on the road beside MTN office.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ogbevireo(m): 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
Techsupport:

Sorry for the late response.
Of course there is always a place for a ccie, I dont have the exact figure for ccie but i know that they make around $140k per year outside Nigeria, so 1 million naira a month is very very possible.
I will say this for the duration, it all depends on how much you know already. I will give the written portion of the exam 4 months of heavy study and i will prepare for the lab for a minimum of 12 months. I am being realistic here. there is no cutting corners to that 1 million a month salary

Thank you boss!!!
Took ICND2 yesterday and I am now one step closer.

I really want to start studying for CCNP R&S immediately. I will appreciate if you can give a brother some advice as to what books to study. I have the OCGs for ROUTE, SWITCH & TSHOOT.

Also have LiveLessons videos by Wallace for ROUTE & SWITCH. Two set of CBT videos for TSHOOT by Jeremy and the combo of Keith & Sequoia.

I want to start with Route as it has more to cover.

Given your experience what other book will you advice I add to my reading list. I will read the books cover to cover before looking at the videos.

I hope to complete CCNP r&s by the end of November or lastest end of December.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by BetaTechnicians: 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
USA Used Cisco 1721 routers for sale ...

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Tgen: 9:23am On Jun 24, 2016
want to write CCNA..dont know how to go about it. i am a novice, need materials and help.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
Tgen:
want to write CCNA..dont know how to go about it. i am a novice, need materials and help.
Have you tried googling materials for ccna.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
just started ccna class.. see the topology i designed....
everything works perfectly, i can ping all routers n pcs on the network

3 Likes

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
aikluck007:
just started ccna class.. see the topology i designed....
everything works perfectly, i can ping all routers n pcs on the network
Great keep up the hustle. If u run into any problem just let me know
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by apasico(m): 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Greetings to you all,

I need your your HELP on training pathway.

I just got a job in an ICT Company in Abuja. But I don't have the experience required. The company deals on Routers and Switches. (Internet Connections (Fibre, Radio, Vsat))

I need your help on how to succeed. What are the necessary training that I should begin as to be good with it.

I really need your assistance as I am ready to learn.

I will start work by 1st of September.

I await your suggestions.

Thanks
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by persius555(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
apasico:
Greetings to you all,

I just got a job in an ICT Company in Abuja. But I don't have the experience required. The company deals on Routers and Switches. (Internet Connections (Fibre, Radio, Vsat))

I need your help on how to succeed. What are the necessary training that I should begin as to be good with it.

Thanks
Whatsapp 08166894416. There is a lot to learn but every journey starts with a step. Would be in Abuja on a few days hoping to stay longer depending on project duration.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
apasico:
Greetings to you all,

Thanks
What's d name of d company and where in Abuja do u reside? I can teach u d little I know.. I gat videos too.. I'm @ Gwarinpa Abuja
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by apasico(m): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
I am at Sun City Estate, Galadimawa. I will appreciate the videos and little teaching. And guidelines.

aikluck007:

What's d name of d company and where in Abuja do u reside? I can teach u d little I know.. I gat videos too.. I'm @ Gwarinpa Abuja
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
apasico:
I am at Sun City Estate, Galadimawa. I will appreciate the videos and little teaching. And guidelines.

Pm me.. Can't drop my number here
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by tim42d(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2020
I need an experience networking engr. With experience in CBT centre networking please call 08087674800.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
Gents and Ladies, I have been away from this thread. lets give it life again. with the Covid pandemic going on, remote learning and remote work is on top of the food chain. this is your opportunity to get your share of the pie.
If you have a problem with remote connectivity, site to site VPN, SSL VPN , DMVPN or any type of network connectivity. please bring it here and I will be happy to help.

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Gbengadaniel12: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2020
Techsupport:
Gents and Ladies, I have been away from this thread. lets give it life again. with the Covid pandemic going on, remote learning and remote work is on top of the food chain. this is your opportunity to get your share of the pie.
If you have a problem with remote connectivity, site to site VPN, SSL VPN , DMVPN or any type of network connectivity. please bring it here and I will be happy to help.
Hello sir.. You have a nice thread going here, I would like to be more active here, I will share share labs, topics, scenarios etc... I recently passed my ccna200-301 exam, so I am studying for Encore atm and looking for a job, I want to experience the real situations of a network more...
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
Gbengadaniel12:

Hello sir.. You have a nice thread going here, I would like to be more active here, I will share share labs, topics, scenarios etc... I recently passed my ccna200-301 exam, so I am studying for Encore atm and looking for a job, I want to experience the real situations of a network more...
Congratulations on passing your exam. If you want real life experience, bring up a topic or a lab and I will do my best to paint a real life picture of what you can expect from an enterprise network.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Gbengadaniel12: 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
Techsupport:

Congratulations on passing your exam. If you want real life experience, bring up a topic or a lab and I will do my best to paint a real life picture of what you can expect from an enterprise network.
thank I forward to our discussions...this is what I worked on today.. Routing the Access layer using l3 switch.. Aimed at reducing spanning~tree protocol blocked port when we have redundant links

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
Gbengadaniel12:
thank I forward to our discussions...this is what I worked on today.. Routing the Access layer using l3 switch.. Aimed at reducing spanning~tree protocol blocked port when we have redundant links

This is good. It is a good theory to spanning tree understanding but in the real world, I will not design a network like this.
I will leave the layer 3 etherchannel. Instead of creating a layer 2 redundant uplinks only to have some ports shut down, I will create a layer 3 redundant 30 bit routed interfaces.
Then use dynamic routing to advertise my internal vlans.
But this is just me. Some people love to wake up at 2am and battle switching loop.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Gbengadaniel12: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
Techsupport:

This is good. It is a good theory to spanning tree understanding but in the real world, I will not design a network like this.
I will leave the layer 3 etherchannel. Instead of creating a layer 2 redundant uplinks only to have some ports shut down, I will create a layer 3 redundant 30 bit routed interfaces.
Then use dynamic routing to advertise my internal vlans.
But this is just me. Some people love to wake up at 2am and battle switching loop.
if I get what you are trying to say,Is that I should used a l3 Etherchannel from the Access switch to the Distribution switch and implement a dynamic routing protocol within the Access and DIST. BTW I did used eirgp to advertise my vlans in the above topology....
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Gbengadaniel12: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2020
I worked on this, HSRP with two routers and also implemented a "tracking of interface"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hackers Threaten To Shut-down Facebook / The Cost Of Photocopy Machine / Clean Direct Uk Used Slim Hp Probook 4540s Core I5 4gb Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.