Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On (9414 Views)

Whatsapp Will Stop Working On Certain Smartphones From Today / Whatsapp Group For Laptops And Computer Engineers In Sango / Help Ussd Code Not Working On My Hsdpa Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Billyjim: 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
about kevin wallace video. i know its better than jeremy ciao
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Billyjim:
about kevin wallace video. i know its better than jeremy ciao

there are 2 ways to answer that. if you want to drift off and in the process see extra few commands, Jeremy is the way to go.
if you want step by step syllabus approach, no humor, then Kevin is your man.
personally i watch Jeremy's video then i go and read Kevin's material
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by barapistis(m): 6:50am On Apr 20, 2016
A good loung indeed
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by persius555(m): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
Techsupport:

there are 2 ways to answer that. if you want to drift off and in the process see extra few commands, Jeremy is the way to go.
if you want step by step syllabus approach, no humor, then Kevin is your man.
personally i watch Jeremy's video then i go and read Kevin's material
IMO, if you you want hands on tutelage and of course an insight into how the industry works, Jeremy is the guy. But if you are just in for the certification, kelvin is the man.
Op, nice work.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
persius555:
IMO, if you you want hands on tutelage and of course an insight into how the industry works, Jeremy is the guy. But if you are just in for the certification, kelvin is the man.
Op, nice work.

Like I said earlier, mix the 2 and you get the best of both worlds...

cheers

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by emaminaj(m): 7:54am On Apr 22, 2016
Techsupport:

Kinda Like An ISP. We have a data center and we service smaller entities. We run SAP and we support void across fiber links to different locations

Can I PM you...In the data centre line also and preparing documentation for a successful one

PS: Network Security professionals, I have Gigabytes of different courses... Exclusive, self explanatory videos if anyone is interested just PM me

CISA

CISM

Cisco CCNA

Computer and Hacking Forensics

ISC2 CSSLP

MCSA

Office 365 Web Content Management/
SharePoint

Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking

Project Management Professional

Secure Coding

Virtualization Management

Advanced Penetration Testing

CASP

CISSP

Intro to Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering

Metasploit

Post Exploitation Hacking
Python for Security Professionals

Social Engineering and Manipulation

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 23, 2016
emaminaj:

Can I PM you...In the data centre line also and preparing documentation for a successful one

PS: Network Security professionals, I have Gigabytes of different courses... Exclusive, self explanatory videos if anyone is interested just PM me

CISA

CISM

Cisco CCNA

Computer and Hacking Forensics

ISC2 CSSLP

MCSA

Office 365 Web Content Management/
SharePoint

Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking

Project Management Professional

Secure Coding

Virtualization Management

Advanced Penetration Testing

CASP

CISSP

Intro to Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering

Metasploit

Post Exploitation Hacking
Python for Security Professionals

Social Engineering and Manipulation

Thank you for the contribution. What can I help you with.... what are you working on.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by amazinggrace11: 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
hi techsupport can u pls explain how I can transfer files between two computers using a network cable...... pls I need all the steps well outlined, thanks in advance.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by lincoln123: 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
amazinggrace11:
hi techsupport can u pls explain how I can transfer files between two computers using a network cable...... pls I need all the steps well outlined, thanks in advance.

Get a LAN cable that has RJ45 at both end.
Connect both ends of the cable to your 2 stations.
Go to network settings on your computers. Click on IPV4.
Assign ip address to both computers.
If computer A was assigned with ip address 192.168.0.1. Computer will be assigned with ip address 192.168.0.2.

1 Like

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by chimeluiz: 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
amazinggrace11;

1.once you connect the two PC's assuming they are both running Windows, they would automatically try and identify the network.

2. on the network symbol on your task bar, right click it and click on Open network and sharing center; from there you would see change adapter settings, usually at the top left side of the window. Click on this.

3. Right click on local area connection and select properties

4. In the new window search for Internet protocol version 4 (ipv4) settings, youbmight need to scroll down to see this option. Double click on this.

5. In the new window you woukd see two radio button option for IP settings; a. Use the following IP address or b. Obtain an IP address automatically. Select use the following address.
This is because non of your two client systems acts as a dhcp server hence you would have to give them IP addresses manually and ensure they ate in the same subnet/ Lan as you have no rras server or router.

6. IP address for 1st system: 192.168.0.2 for 2nd system: 192.168.0.3
Subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0 for both systems
Now once you do this you have established connectivity between the two PCs.

To share files;
You need to enable file sharing. From "Open network and sharing center " somewhere at the top left of the window click "Change advanced sharing settings/options". From here you enable public folder sharing.

So from open network and sharing center tab, click on view network computers (or something of that nature)

You would see the other PC you are connected to, once you get access to that device you would see its public folder, from which you can copy documents to and fro
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by amazinggrace11: 12:56am On Apr 28, 2016
lincoln123:

Get a LAN cable that has RJ45 at both end.
Connect both ends of the cable to your 2 stations.
Go to network settings on your computers. Click on IPV4.
Assign ip address to both computers.
If computer A was assigned with ip address 192.168.0.1. Computer will be assigned with ip address 192.168.0.2.

Thanks a lot sir!!
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by amazinggrace11: 12:57am On Apr 28, 2016
chimeluiz:
amazinggrace11;

1.once you connect the two PC's assuming they are both running Windows, they would automatically try and identify the network.

2. on the network symbol on your task bar, right click it and click on Open network and sharing center; from there you would see change adapter settings, usually at the top left side of the window. Click on this.

3. Right click on local area connection and select properties

4. In the new window search for Internet protocol version 4 (ipv4) settings, youbmight need to scroll down to see this option. Double click on this.

5. In the new window you woukd see two radio button option for IP settings; a. Use the following IP address or b. Obtain an IP address automatically. Select use the following address.
This is because non of your two client systems acts as a dhcp server hence you would have to give them IP addresses manually and ensure they ate in the same subnet/ Lan as you have no rras server or router.

6. IP address for 1st system: 192.168.0.2 for 2nd system: 192.168.0.3
Subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0 for both systems
Now once you do this you have established connectivity between the two PCs.

To share files;
You need to enable file sharing. From "Open network and sharing center " somewhere at the top left of the window click "Change advanced sharing settings/options". From here you enable public folder sharing.

So from open network and sharing center tab, click on view network computers (or something of that nature)

You would see the other PC you are connected to, once you get access to that device you would see its public folder, from which you can copy documents to and fro

You are amazing, I really appreciate ur help thanks.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Billyjim:
am waiting for your feedback

25% on Kevin Wallace's video..

Its not as easy as I expected

Though I was actually viewing 6months preparation... But with Kevin Wallace's videos.. I think 3 months can be optimized
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
Am really gona get certified real soon grin

By Gods grace I can't wait..

Thank God for Nairaland .. Assuming someone didn't tell me about kevins videos... Ah for de wander about with Jeremy... Kai.. That guy too de talk.. Simple thing wey in go summarize in go de talk long tori..

Kevin Na beta business Mann..no time
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
ifex370:
Am really gona get certified real soon grin

By Gods grace I can't wait..

Thank God for Nairaland .. Assuming someone didn't tell me about kevins videos... Ah for de wander about with Jeremy... Kai.. That guy too de talk.. Simple thing wey in go summarize in go de talk long tori..

Kevin Na beta business Mann..no time

my point exactly. he will drift so much that you forget what you were originally talking about. on the flip side, you will pick up a few things as he drifts
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Techsupport:

my point exactly. he will drift so much that you forget what you were originally talking about. on the flip side, you will pick up a few things as he drifts

I love his explanations tho.. Cos even a retard can understand it...

Especially his subnet masking.. Compared to Kevin Wallace's subnetting ... Jeremy made me understand sub netting easily..

Kevin Wallace's has higher precision another aspects
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Techsupport:

Are you Ccnp certified? Or ccie
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
ifex370:

Are you Ccnp certified? Or ccie

i plead the 5th cool cool
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by persius555(m): 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
ifex370:

I love his explanations tho.. Cos even a retard can understand it...

Especially his subnet masking.. Compared to Kevin Wallace's subnetting ... Jeremy made me understand sub netting easily..

Kevin Wallace's has higher precision another aspects
Check out jeremy's tweets. This guy has been around since networkin itself. The days of sonet ring networks, dedicated leased circuits for enterprises, PVCs.
He is so full of details, touches every aspect and best of all he makes networking look like a pizza delivery course. If you are the type that believes networking should be taught at the speed of "steroids", then check out keith barker's videos.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
persius555:
Check out jeremy's tweets. This guy has been around since networkin itself. The days of sonet ring networks, dedicated leased circuits for enterprises, PVCs.
He is so full of details, touches every aspect and best of all he makes networking look like a pizza delivery course. If you are the type that believes networking should be taught at the speed of "steroids", then check out keith barker's videos.

Is he Cisco proprietary based
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
Techsupport:

i plead the 5th cool cool

Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
ifex370:

It means I will not talk about that.

Cheers
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
Techsupport:

It means I will not talk about that.

Cheers

Ooh.. That's alright
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
ifex370:

guy he mean ccie now, copy that?
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by persius555(m): 6:42am On May 02, 2016
ifex370:

Is he Cisco proprietary based
CCIE Security. 27 years in the industry. A very active partner with offensive security.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ifex370(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2016
persius555:
CCIE Security. 27 years in the industry. A very active partner with offensive security.

Wow... Can I get I direct link to his video's
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by persius555(m): 11:19am On May 02, 2016
ifex370:

Wow... Can I get I direct link to his video's
follow him on twitter and you will get video links:
@KeithBarkerCCIE
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by zibah1: 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
@Techsupport. Good evening. Kindly give a candid opinion. In today's network market especially considering Nigeria are there places for new CCIEs?

In Nigeria can a brand new CCIE get a steady pay of 7 figures monthly?

How long would you say it would take to move from CCNP to CCIE if one had the opportunity to study 100% for a six month period would that be enough time to pass the lab?

How many CCIEs do we have working in Nigeria?

Peace!
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by ogbevireo(m): 10:44am On Jun 05, 2016
Techsupport:
Tech heads, what projects are you guys working on at the moment. I am currently swapping out old EOS switches with newer ones. the technical work is simple but the documentation is tasking..... I will upload pics when i can.

feel free to share what you are working on

@Techsupport. Good evening. Kindly give a candid opinion. In today's network market especially considering Nigeria are there places for new CCIEs?

In Nigeria can a brand new CCIE get a steady pay of 7 figures monthly?

How long would you say it would take to move from CCNP to CCIE if one had the opportunity to study 100% for a six month period would that be enough time to pass the lab?

How many CCIEs do we have working in Nigeria?

Peace!
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by routik(m): 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hello guys,

Nice thread. now following.
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by femipeters015(m): 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
hello guys, just stumbled on this thread and i must say it has been very educated. i just got a job as an i.t consultant in a security firm, i have knowledge about software but i'm faced with setting up there networking system, Have been able to set them up, through the help of google, trial and error. my main question is where do i start from if i want to have a career in networking? can i depend on youtube video tutorials?.. thanks as i appreciate your quick response
Re: Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On by azeezInfo(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Can help you out, am CCNP and MCSE with some years of experience. PM me on 07031223447(whatsapp), 09082029430. Engr. Azeez
femipeters015:
hello guys, just stumbled on this thread and i must say it has been very educated. i just got a job as an i.t consultant in a security firm, i have knowledge about software but i'm faced with setting up there networking system, Have been able to set them up, through the help of google, trial and error. my main question is where do i start from if i want to have a career in networking? can i depend on youtube video tutorials?.. thanks as i appreciate your quick response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend / Swap Your Dead Or Faulty Laptop With A Perfectly Working Used Laptop In Lagos / Grade A USA Laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.