Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

help me identify the breed of this dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / help me identify the breed of this dog (4921 Views)

Please Help Me Identify The Breed Of These Dogs. / Who Can Tell The Breed Of This Cute Dog / Who Knows The Breed Of This Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

help me identify the breed of this dog by youngchopper(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
my first dog is 7weeks today
bought it for security guard
wanna know it's breed

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by izuch(m): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
Bro, it's definitely an ekuke! They are always fine as puppies, when it loses all the puppy cuteness it'll only be good for akpan's pepper soup pot not security grin

5 Likes

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
izuch:
Bro, it's definitely an ekuke! They are always fine as puppies, when it loses all the puppy cuteness it'll only be good for akpan's pepper soup pot not security grin

You live in my head

2 Likes

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
izuch:

Smh. I hope you're just joking. A dog is a dog. Being mixed breed doesn't make it any less of a dog.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Xionez(m): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Chinwawa...
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by cbay(f): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
Chai! You people are harsh I swear grin grin
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by kaycexx(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
ehh! cool kayyy.

lmao
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by youngchopper(m): 10:34am On Apr 09, 2016
[/color][color=#770077][color=#550000][/color]na my dog Una dey beef so oo
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Lavendra(f): 10:52am On Apr 09, 2016
it looks like a mixed breed of German Shepard and Caucasian... how much did you get him?

4 Likes

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by youngchopper(m): 11:42am On Apr 09, 2016
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by olisafincy(m): 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
Guy that chain is too much for a dog at that age. it's a naija Caucasian.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by youngchopper(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
dog lovers come to my aid oo
took this pet for castration ever since he bites every one even me ooo
what could have gone wrong.
u try to play with em next he tries to bite
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
youngchopper:

Humour me. How would you feel / react if the person you trusted the most in this world had you (or tried to have you) castrated?
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by youngchopper(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
LordRegalia:

Humour me. How would you feel / react if the person you trusted the most in this world had you (or tried to have you) castrated?
we area is aggressively porous for thief's
so the reason for casterating him for fast growth
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by uchpanila(m): 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
youngchopper:

castration and docking of tails has nothing to do with aggression or growth in dogs.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by uchpanila(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
youngchopper:

create that bond with him, he's still afraid, make him trust you.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by uchpanila(m): 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
go to the nearest pet shop, get a nice puppy collar and chain, you are already punishing him with the big chain and oversized collar. a good vet will advice you on what to do
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
youngchopper:

This sort of thing is always saddening.

I simply cannot understand why many people choose to put their dogs through some very wrong treatments and procedures, all for the wrong reasons of either trying to attain physical features that the dogs are not genetically predisposed to attain, or getting the dog to assume a role that it is too young / immature to play.

If you had said that you had the dog neutered so as to prevent breeding and further propagation of the mixed breed, it would have made a lot more sense to the point of being justifiable.

If your sole aim was simply fast growth, all you had to do was feed the dog better quality food and feed more portions.

Well, as uchpanila rightfully hinted, you need to start from scratch to earn your dog's trust again.

Good luck.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by callmemuzby(m): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
hes is a caucasian mixed with something..... Not pure sha, people cross dogs for security sha, its ok since its for security and not breeding
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 12:39am On Apr 18, 2016
callmemuzby:
hes is a caucasian mixed with something..... Not pure sha, people cross dogs for security sha, its ok since its for security and not breeding

I do not understand the concept of "crossing dogs for security". What in the world does that mean?

If people cross dogs for security, then what are purebreds for?
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Lavendra(f): 6:32am On Apr 18, 2016
pure breeds are for breeding, cross breeds for security.

1 Like

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by youngchopper(m): 8:12am On Apr 18, 2016
callmemuzby:
thanks, this said dog is just too aggressive and hardly obey any command.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Baroba(m): 8:41am On Apr 18, 2016
Lavendra:

Enlighten me please, so what makes cross breed adequate for security..
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by younghartz(m): 9:09am On Apr 18, 2016
Lavendra:

Hi lavendra,

Please could you enlighten us more about this statement
because I really don't agree with you
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
Lavendra:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Please do not even try to defend it.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Baroba(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
LordRegalia:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Please do not even try to defend it.

I agree with you boss, not a dog expert by an stretch, according to people I have spoken with, the rationale behind this according to them is, you breed two dogs with different traits to create an unstable dog, which results in a vicious highly aggressive dog only suitable for security purposes.

Its similar to popular belief back in the early 90s in Eastern Nigeria, can't speak for everywhere else that neutering a dog will result in a bigger dog irrespective of the breed. Our mongrel ( am not even sure of the breed then, looked like a rott mix looking back, short and compact and highly aggressive grin I was too young back then)was cruelly neutered by a quack vet lady, the poor thing remain a mid sized dog throughout its life, though it didn't help he was fed starchy food and left over bones for 13 years.. We were all ignorant back then.. I still miss that dog.

1 Like

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
youngchopper:

Hello youngchopper.

The dog first needs to be taught the commands and then trained to obey them until they become institutionalized in his psyche. Surely you know that this is your first responsibility if you would expect the dog to obey you. These things just do not happen by magic.

I am really sorry but I need to say this; you know, going over your entire thread, I cannot help but wonder what you are doing owning a dog in the first place since it is obvious that you clearly do not know what you are doing.

First you buy a pup and you have no idea what breed it is.

Then you use such a big chain to restrain the poor little fella (especially at an age where he should be allowed to roam free and learn more about his environment).

Then you have the pup neutered without a clue at all as to why the procedure is usually performed. (Even calling it “castrate” when such a crude term is no longer in general use).

Next you cannot effectively identify or manage the pup’s emergent behaviour after the procedure.

Now you marvel at the pup’s aggression and expect it to magically become all-knowing and obey commands.

All these in one month (or even less)

Have you ever heard the phrase “There are no bad dogs, only bad owners”?

My sincere advice to you would be for you to let go of the dog and give him to a more experienced person to raise, while you take your time to study and research about dogs and learn how to effectively raise / train them to get the best (and desired) results out of them before you get another dog. Because all I can see here is trouble brewing up and some serious disaster just waiting to happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
Baroba:

I agree with you boss, not a dog expert by an stretch, according to people I have spoken with, the rationale behind this according to them is, you breed two dogs with different traits to create an unstable dog, which results in a vicious highly aggressive dog only suitable for security purposes.

Its similar to popular belief back in the early 90s in Eastern Nigeria, can't speak for everywhere else that neutering a dog will result in a bigger dog irrespective of the breed. Our mongrel ( am not even sure of the breed then, looked like a rott mix looking back, short and compact and highly aggressive grin I was too young back then)was cruelly neutered by a quack vet lady, the poor thing remain a mid sized dog throughout its life, though it didn't help he was fed starchy food and left over bones for 13 years.. We were all ignorant back then.. I still miss that dog.

Hello Baroba.

Here are the two main reasons why dogs of different breeds were originally crossed.

To create a new breed of dog:- This was done by crossing select breeds with desirable traits over several generations until the desired (new) breed was achieved.

To water down certain (undesirable) traits of a specific breed by crossing with another breed with the desired traits in order to hopefully achieve the desired balance in the progeny. This was more common and practiced by the majority of people. One very prominent example of this was in the cross-breeding of rottweilers and GSDs. The aim was to tone down the extreme protective / territorial nature (and by extension, the corresponding aggression) of the rottweiler, while infusing the calm and intelligence of the GSD in addition to it’s friendly and energetic nature. Of course, in doing this, the temperaments of both parent dogs was usually known to increase the chances of success. The result was usually a very beautiful cross-breed with more of the appearance and colouring of the GSD, while the look and texture of the coat was a lot like that of rottweiler. These dogs were usually a lot more easier for the average person to manage than both the rottweiler and the GSD because both extremes had been diluted. Hence, the dog was usually more friendly and accommodating, yet still retained enough size and territoriality to ward off intruders. Personally, I have seen a couple of these rottweiler / GSD mixes before and I must say they were really lovely dogs.

On the flip side of this, some irresponsible people also began indiscriminately crossing different breeds for more aggression, for example the rottweiler and the bulldog cross. A very dangerous and unstable dog.

The truth is, in crossing different breeds it is usually unknown and a gamble what the temperaments and mental stability of the progeny would be like and naturally, the risk of unstable temperaments was ever present, hence the need to understand the temperaments of both parents in order to attain a measure of predictability.

Thus, for someone to flippantly say that dogs are crossed for security is absurd and misleading. It is even more absurd to say that purebreds are for breeding while cross breeds are for security. Although I can understand why one would make such assumptions; cross-breeds are usually SOLD as pets / security dogs since they cannot be called full breeds and hence cannot be bred / sold at the same benefits and privileges as purebreds.

I am also aware of the popular (erroneous) belief that neutering a dog would result in the dog growing larger than the breed average. Of course this is false, as neutering a dog has no effect whatsoever on it’s growth (though, it may come as a surprise that many naturally sterile dogs are usually larger in size than the virile dogs of the same breed). It is much the same way in which it was erroneously believed that docking a dog’s tail would also result in a larger dog.

2 Likes

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Baroba(m): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello Baroba.

Here are the two main reasons why dogs of different breeds were originally crossed.

To create a new breed of dog:- This was done by crossing select breeds with desirable traits over several generations until the desired (new) breed was achieved.

To water down certain (undesirable) traits of a specific breed by crossing with another breed with the desired traits in order to hopefully achieve the desired balance in the progeny. This was more common and practiced by the majority of people. One very prominent example of this was in the cross-breeding of rottweilers and GSDs. The aim was to tone down the extreme protective / territorial nature (and by extension, the corresponding aggression) of the rottweiler, while infusing the calm and intelligence of the GSD in addition to it’s friendly and energetic nature. Of course, in doing this, the temperaments of both parent dogs was usually known to increase the chances of success. The result was usually a very beautiful cross-breed with more of the appearance and colouring of the GSD, while the look and texture of the coat was a lot like that of rottweiler. These dogs were usually a lot more easier for the average person to manage than both the rottweiler and the GSD because both extremes had been diluted. Hence, the dog was usually more friendly and accommodating, yet still retained enough size and territoriality to ward off intruders. Personally, I have seen a couple of these rottweilr / GSD mixes before and I must say there were really lovely dogs.

On the flip side of this, some irresponsible people also began indiscriminately crossing different breeds for more aggression, for example the rottweiler and the bulldog cross. A very dangerous and unstable dog.

The truth is, in crossing different breeds it is usually unknown and a gamble what the temperaments and mental stability of the progeny would be like and naturally, the risk of unstable temperaments was ever present, hence the need to understand the temperaments of both parents in order to attain a measure of predictability.

Thus, for someone to flippantly say that dogs are crossed for security is absurd and misleading. It is even more absurd to say that purebreds are for breeding while cross breeds are for security. Although I can understand why one would make such assumptions; cross-breeds are usually SOLD as pets / security dogs since they cannot be called full breeds and hence cannot be bred / sold at the same benefits and privileges as purebreds.

I am also aware of the popular (erroneous) belief that neutering a dog would result in the dog growing larger than the breed average. Of course this is false, as neutering a dog has no effect whatsoever on it’s growth (though, it may come as a surprise that many naturally sterile dogs are usually larger in size than the virile dogs of the same breed). It is much the same way in which it was erroneously believed that docking a dog’s tail would also result in a larger dog.

Thank you for this, as always, highly appreciated..
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by callmemuzby(m): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2016
LordRegalia:

I do not understand the concept of "crossing dogs for security". What in the world does that mean?

If people cross dogs for security, then what are purebreds for?
breeding is different from rearing for security, but not that purebreds cant be used for security. If u r breeding a dog it means u r keeping d bloodline pure(and prolly maybe security), but if u r rearing a dog then its for something else(its just not breeding, and this also applies to purebreds) and you dnt hope to get something from it, so what else could it be for. And yes people cross dogs for security very well. Google am Oga
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by callmemuzby(m): 8:46am On Apr 19, 2016
youngchopper:
train it well o, if nt u wont be able to control it later. Before my own learnt to sit e dey chop minimum of 78 slaps a day
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 8:56am On Apr 19, 2016
callmemuzby:

breeding is different from rearing for security, but not that purebreds cant be used for security. If u r breeding a dog it means u r keeping d bloodline pure(and prolly maybe security), but if u r rearing a dog then its for something else(its just not breeding, and this also applies to purebreds) and you dnt hope to get something from it, so what else could it be for. And yes people cross dogs for security very well. Google am Oga

I see you have missed the point and still managed to contradict yourself and at the same time confuse your entire defense. It probably would have been better if you did not attempt the defense. But it's fine. I will not argue. I believe I already explained everything in an earlier post on the same thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boerboel and Rottweiler Puppies For Sale. / Deji Adebayo "Djpet" In Ibadan Is A Scam! / My Alabai Just Littered 11 Puppies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.