Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:33 AM

help me identify the breed of this dog - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / help me identify the breed of this dog (4877 Views)

Please Help Me Identify The Breed Of These Dogs. / Who Can Tell The Breed Of This Cute Dog / Who Knows The Breed Of This Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 9:06am On Apr 19, 2016
callmemuzby:

train it well o, if nt u wont be able to control it later. Before my own learnt to sit e dey chop minimum of 78 slaps a day

That is really bad / irresponsible ownership. You can train a dog to learn and achieve anything within it's physical and mental capability without having to strike the dog in any way.

The truth is, when you feel the need to strike a dog in order to teach it anything, it only shows that you are the one in need of some learning, as your training methods are wrong.

When you really learn how to train a dog, you would discover that you have absolutely no reason or excuse to strike the dog. The more you realize this, the better you get as a trainer. And in reality, when you train a dog, you are actually the one being schooled in creativity, patience and perseverance.

The entire summary of training a dog properly and effectively means you are learning to communicate better with the dog to get it to do what you want.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
see schooling...which u cud mk a thread on this to inform other nigerians about this stupid culture of beating their pets in the name of teachin them how to obey instructions [quote author=LordRegalia post=44834723]

That is really bad / irresponsible ownership. You can train a dog to learn and achieve anything within it's physical and mental capability without having to strike the dog in any way.

The truth is, when you feel the need to strike a dog in order to teach it anything, it only shows that you are the one in need of some learning, as your training methods are wrong.

When you really learn how to train a dog, you would discover that you have absolutely no reason
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by osomegbe(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Bro, check Belgian Malinios. Looks like that. Very nice and good for security. Very agile also. Can I buy it of you
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
liveLongNprospa:
see schooling...which u cud mk a thread on this to inform other nigerians about this stupid culture of beating their pets in the name of teachin them how to obey instructions

It would be nice open a thread on effective dog training, unfortunately, the time to do that is really elusive. As it is, I have not fulfilled a promise to respond to a question a fellow nairalander and petlover asked me some time ago. Quite an enlightening thread to open, if only I could complete it.

But really, Nigerians need to educate themselves on how to be better and more responsible dog owners. The culture of beating dogs for whatever reason is rampant in this part of the world and the reason behind most cases is either ignorance or bad advice or both.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Lavendra(f): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Baroba:

Enlighten me please, so what makes cross breed adequate for security..

cross breeds can be really aggressive that's why they are best for security and pure breeds for breeding because not everyone wants to buy a cross breed puppy they want pure and cross breeds are normally quite cheaper than pure breeds.... I'm expecting my first dog soon...
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
izuch:
Bro, it's definitely an ekuke! They are always fine as puppies, when it loses all the puppy cuteness it'll only be good for akpan's pepper soup pot not security grin

LMFAO
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Lavendra(f): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
hey guys I only gave my opinion on what I think you are free to give yours, I never said all cross breeds are meant for security not all but in Nigeria most of them are then most pure breeds are used for breeding and are more expensive than cross breeds, how often do you see a breeder looking for cross breeds? they mostly go for pure breeds here in Nigeria because they know if the breeds are mixed they'll be forced to sell cheaper, but for some Nigerians who don't care about breeding but want security they mostly go for cross breeds and it's cheaper for them but not all go for this, that what I think, you are free to give your opinions.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 1:14am On Apr 27, 2016
Lavendra:
hey guys I only gave my opinion on what I think you are free to give yours, I never said all cross breeds are meant for security not all but in Nigeria most of them are then most pure breeds are used for breeding and are more expensive than cross breeds, how often do you see a breeder looking for cross breeds? they mostly go for pure breeds here in Nigeria because they know if the breeds are mixed they'll be forced to sell cheaper, but for some Nigerians who don't care about breeding but want security they mostly go for cross breeds and it's cheaper for them but not all go for this, that what I think, you are free to give your opinions.

Hello Lavendra

Your point is understandable and your candid opinion is appreciated.

But here is the thing; all dogs, irrespective of the breed, are used for some form of security one way or another. The choice of cross / mixed breeds or purebreds now depends on each individual owner's preferences. Whether it is mixed or pure does add to or take away from a dog's inherent nature / ability to provide security.

The degree of aggression is merely dependent on the method of raising / handling of the dog by each individual owner. Any breed of dog, mixed or pure, can be MADE to be extremely aggressive.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by Lavendra(f): 6:04am On Apr 27, 2016
OK, I was wondering, can I make aSamoyed aggressive?
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by LordRegalia: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2016
Lavendra:

Yes you can. But I wonder why you would want to.
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by trfd(m): 11:41am On Apr 27, 2016
its a caucasian cross
Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by youngchopper(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2016
senator (my dog) n i taking a walk and i saw him poop warm today, and

Re: help me identify the breed of this dog by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2016
Lavendra:
This is 'Pina', my Lhasa Apso. He looks cute and girls always want to cuddle him, but make no mistake, i'll share 2 incidents;

- chelsea vs tottenham, Eden Hazard grabs a late and dramatic equaliser, my friend screams "goal!!!!" and. In a flash, Pina jumps attacks him, leaving him grateful to his jeans.

-whenever Bae comes over, Pina confines her to the couch, he sits infront of her and barks at her whenever she attempts to leave the couch. Last month, he attacked and sunk his little teeth in her thighs.

Moral of this little epistle is all dogs can be aggressive, just depends on the upbringing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Journey To Breeding My Rottweilers As Good As I Can.. / Pure Breed(Pedigree) German Shepherd (slant Back) For Sale / Boerboel and Rottweiler Puppies For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.