Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

.NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity (1847 Views)

PHP Or Python For Server-side Scripting / Php Vs Python / Cryptography (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2016
I was just wondering......

Between C#.NET and Python, which is better for encryption algorithm as used in the banks??
I'm talking about advanced crypt algorithms like AES, Triple DES and Rijndael.

I know .NET has a standard assembly for this;

System.Security.Cryptography

but its for Windows, and i know some banks' mainframes are unix-powered.

Coming to python, there are some opensource apis for its cryptographic implementation. But its interpreted; hence its weakness.

So, which is better for data encryption in the banks??
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2016
This is really not a complex question.....why no response
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
. Net has inbuilt encryption . is
SymmetricAlgorithm, which is inherited by
the following algorithms:
1. Aes
2. DES
3. RC2
4. Rijndael
5. TripleDES.
For example like the random number generator encryption. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librarysystem.security.cryptography.rngcryptoserviceprovider(v=vs.110).aspx . It is very difficult to crack .
Developer has direct support from Ms .

unlike python that uses hashlib Secure hashes and
message digests , Key derivation hmac — Keyed-Hashing for Message Authentication ,md5 MD5 message digest algorithm ,sha — SHA-1 message
digest algorithm . The bug are hard to find because no smart ide . I would say that pycharm make your python codes neater .

Conclusion : .Net is amazing but python is cool but it will give you headache you see 10000 errors .
It will make you lose hope and give up. .Net framework will tell you that the third party libraries is secure or not for bank application .

1 Like

Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thanx for the info@proxy20, but .NET is Windows specific framework, and i don't think most banks are running their database on windows....unix i believe. So those banks cant use .NET for data encryption, right?? Now, Are they using java or C++ for secured cryptography

2 Likes

Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by iyb(m): 2:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
Python wins this easily. It is used heavily in network programming including development of penetration tools,encryption tools,password crackers
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:
Python wins this easily. It is used heavily in network programming including development of penetration tools,encryption tools,password crackers

please can you site examples of cryptographic tools used in banks created in python?? I'm interested......
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
java , c++ are cross platform . B developer will use complex ide like c++ builder .
Eclipse with android sdk and ndk for java/c++.
or qt with eclipse
or qt with netbean application .

The database are stored using Sql , Oracle 12c , and cloud db .you can store data using Http ( http://1.1.1.4......) request from a server . I believe that the variable and database are store using this processes. To create a more secure db cipher classes are used to encrypt and decrypt dB's system .

The current version of Crypto++ supports the
following compilers:
MSVC 6.0 - VS2015
GCC 3.2 - 5.2
Clang 2.9 - 3.7
Intel C++ Compiler 11 - 16.1
Solaris Studio 12.3
Xcode 3.0 - 7.1
C++Builder 2010 (for version 5.6.1)
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
proxy20:
java , c++ are cross platform . B developer will use complex ide like c++ builder .
Eclipse with android sdk and ndk for java/c++.
or qt with eclipse
or qt with netbean application .

The database are stored using Sql , Oracle 12c , and cloud db .you can store data using Http ( http://1.1.1.4......) request from a server . I believe that the variable and database are store using this processes. To create a more secure db cipher classes are used to encrypt and decrypt dB's system .

The current version of Crypto++ supports the
following compilers:
MSVC 6.0 - VS2015
GCC 3.2 - 5.2
Clang 2.9 - 3.7
Intel C++ Compiler 11 - 16.1
Solaris Studio 12.3
Xcode 3.0 - 7.1
C++Builder 2010 (for version 5.6.1)

Nice to know....thanx man. smiley
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
Banks are partnering with payment gateway provider to improve customers satisfaction and faster services .
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
nice
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Craigston: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
I don't know which is better but it seems .NET framework is now opensource. You can check it out.
Re: .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nice

(1) (Reply)

JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS. JOHN3:16 / What Do You Think About Using PHP For Software Development / Submitting A Form And Passing Form Values To Another Page In Asp.net.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.