Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,426 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Lessons From Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons From Jehovah’s Witnesses (484 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From Jehovah’s Witnesses by Olumidzti(m): 1:45am On Apr 10, 2016
When you hear Jehovah’s Witness, what comes to your mind? Most people think of them as pests, disturbances. But that is one side of the story. I am not a Jehovah’s Witness (I’m a Baptist) but when I see Jehovah’s Witnesses going around to preach the gospel, I see them going to do what most Christians have neglected to do.

Some are even fast to castigate Jehovah’s Witnesses message as the wrong message but that is hypocrisy at best. They take their messages from the Bible even if everybody else think their interpretation is faulty. But can we say other denominations have the best interpretation? Initially, Christians were solely Catholic before Martin Luther started the protestant church. They felt the Roman Catholic Church preached a faulty message. Now we feel the Catholics are wrong, Jehovah’s Witnesses are wrong, all other denominations except ours are wrong. Unfortunately, there is no hard evidence to proof that anybody or any denomination is right.

What I see in Jehovah’s Witnesses are devotion and perseverance. They are arguably the best evangelists, at least in Nigeria. Despite the bad reputation they have, even among Christians, they still go out to talk to people even when they are not fully interested in what they have to say. And after that, they follow up with the person.

Even when people think they are preaching heresy, they are dedicated to it. Now, being a pest can be an unbearable behaviour but I don’t think any Jehovah’s Witness will force you to listen to him/her if you state frankly that you don’t want to listen. It is hypocrisy when some Christians think Jehovah’s Witnesses preach the wrong message but they can’t even tell anybody about their so called right message. At least the Jehovah’s Witnesses are dedicated to what they believe in. Every Christian should try to emulate that.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons From Jehovah’s Witnesses by rulesman: 4:44am On Apr 10, 2016
true talk n fact
Re: Lessons From Jehovah’s Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 7:37am On Apr 10, 2016
Re: Lessons From Jehovah’s Witnesses by pamijlove(f): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
Yes.. their teachings are based from d bible

(1) (Reply)

God Is Softening The Heart Of The Person That Is To Help You Right Now. / , "The Crucifixion Death Like Jesus Experienced Is 'medical Catastrophe'".. / Calm Down, But Don’t Back Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.