Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (49711 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 3:09am On Mar 24, 2016
I was in benin yesterday so I attended the memorial at a Kingdom Hall around akpakpava.
1; Nissan is the first month in the jewish calendar, the isrealites usually remember the passover in this month. The commemoration of christ death replaced the passover because it was done on the same day.
2; According to the speaker christ specifically commanded his followers to continually observe this event. Luke 22:19.
3; Two destinies awaits faithful Christians, to be rewarded with entenal life in heaven to serve as kings and priests with jesus christ or to enjoy life here on earth under perfect conditions without sorrows and other problems.
4; The opportunity of going to heaven was for the isrealites but they proved to be unfaithful to the point of killing jesus the son of God. It was now extended to the gentiles.
5; God himself determine whether you are qualified for life in heaven or not, God's spirit must bear witness with our spirit if we are.
6; According to revelation they were singing a new song and no one was able to master the song except them, he asked do you know the song? The audience was quite.
7; Contrary to popular belief that righteous ones will go to heaven to rest. For instance at death you'll hear things like rest in peace, rest in the bosom of the lord in heaven is not in harmony with the teachings of the bible because the bible expressly said the people going to heaven are going to serve as kings and priests not going to sing and clap like we are taught in the churches.
These are the few things I remembered.

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 3:38am On Mar 24, 2016
And you got more confused as you've never been.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 24, 2016
Jehovah witness not my thing...

Awake and watchtower very educative... I like

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by adorablepepple(f): 6:29am On Mar 24, 2016
undecided
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 7:44am On Mar 24, 2016
rottennaija(m):
: 5:08pm
okitz4: :

explain ur assertion about the paganism related to 1914, others? Oga check ur records, are Christmas and Easter celebrations scriptural?

We live in an information age . Google can help you a lot, just Google the word pyramidology and Russel.

I know about Christmas and easter. I'm a jw! So I do.

Russel derived has 1914 teachings from pyramidology (free masonary concept), even Russel himself did not deny it. This link would also show so many other occultic teachings that the watchtower has rejected, except for 1914 which was modified.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/davinci-freemason.php
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2016
aitt
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
oglalasioux:
And you got more confused as you've never been.

Confused? Na, those points to me rather makes sense.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
favoured234:
Jehovah witness not my thing...

Awake and watchtower very educative... I like

Awake and watchtower is Jehovah's witnesses and Jehovah's witnesses are owners of the journals.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
aitt

Yea sure
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
paulGrundy:

What?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
ableguy:

Confused? Na, those points to me rather makes sense.

The problem with religion is it's different versions. Only lies have different versions.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

The problem with religion is it's different versions. Only lies have different versions.

Substandard products in the market doesn't mean there are no good products bro!

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
ableguy:

Substandard products in the market doesn't mean there are no good products bro!

I believe you are using good and substandard products to depict my argument for religion.

Please fix as appropriate;

Catholic
Methodist
Anglican
Church of Christ
Seventh Day Adventist
Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints
Olumba Olumba
Celestial Church of Christ
Redeemed Christian Mission
Believers Love World
Jehovah's Witnesses
The Lord's Chosen

Help me categorize the above according to good and substandard (I'll come up with more).

Then you check bible translations;

Good News Version
King James Version
New world Translation
Revised Standard Version
New Jerusalem Bible
The Living Bible etc

Please explain why they should be different versions of a holy book. The only obvious answer is that it's a forgery. But let me wait for your answers.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

I believe you are using good and substandard products to depict my argument for religion.

Please fix as appropriate;

Catholic
Methodist
Anglican
Church of Christ
Seventh Day Adventist
Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints
Olumba Olumba
Celestial Church of Christ
Redeemed Christian Mission
Believers Love World
Jehovah's Witnesses
The Lord's Chosen

Help me categorize the above according to good and substandard (I'll come up with more).

Then you check bible translations;

Good News Version
King James Version
New world Translation
Revised Standard Version
New Jerusalem Bible
The Living Bible etc

Please explain why they should be different versions of a holy book. The only obvious answer is that it's a forgery. But let me wait for your answers.

What are you driving at?

5 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
ableguy:

What are you driving at?

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?
3. Why are we in different races and languages?
4. Why are they disasters and wars?
5. What is consciousness?
6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between?
7. Why is religion proliferating by the day?
8. What happens after death?
9. Is there a devil and hell?
10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?
3. Why are we in different races and languages?
4. Why are they disasters and wars?
5. What is consciousness?
6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between?
7. Why is religion proliferating by the day?
8. What happens after death?
9. Is there a devil and hell?
10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

Unfortunately you haven't taken time to search the scriptures, if you do you will be surprised that the bible has answers to these questions including other life's big questions.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
ableguy:

Unfortunately you haven't taken time to search the scriptures, if you do you will be surprised that the bible has answers to these questions including other life's big questions.

You that have searched the scriptures give me just an answer to one of the questions I put up.

Okay. I'll give you time to ask people you think knows the bible if you don't know.

I'm particularly waiting for a Jehovah's Witness answer.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

You that have searched the scriptures give me just an answer to one of the questions I put up.

Okay. I'll give you time to ask people you think knows the bible if you don't know.

I'm particularly waiting for a Jehovah's Witness answer.

The Bible is wide open for anyone okay

18 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
ableguy:

The Bible is wide open for anyone okay

Okay. Nice rubbing minds with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
ableguy:
I was in benin yesterday so I attended the memorial at a Kingdom Hall around akpakpava.
1; Nissan is the first month in the jewish calendar, the isrealites usually remember the passover in this month. The commemoration of christ death replaced the passover because it was done on the same day.
2; According to the speaker christ specifically commanded his followers to continually observe this event. Luke 22:19.
3; Two destinies awaits faithful Christians, to be rewarded with entenal life in heaven to serve as kings and priests with jesus christ or to enjoy life here on earth under perfect conditions without sorrows and other problems.
4; The opportunity of going to heaven was for the isrealites but they proved to be unfaithful to the point of killing jesus the son of God. It was now extended to the gentiles.
5; God himself determine whether you are qualified for life in heaven or not, God's spirit must bear witness with our spirit if we are.

Only those that are born-again will enter heaven john 3:1-10

6; According to revelation they were singing a new song and no one was able to master the song except them, he asked do you know the song? The audience was quite.
7; Contrary to popular belief that righteous ones will go to heaven to rest. For instance at death you'll hear things like rest in peace, rest in the bosom of the lord in heaven is not in harmony with the teachings of the bible because the bible expressly said the people going to heaven are going to serve as kings and priests not going to sing and clap like we are taught in the churches.
These are the few things I remembered.

Biblical proof for your assertion?

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 12:17am On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Okay. Nice rubbing minds with you.

Thanks and welcome, I like your way

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 12:20am On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

Only those that are born-again will enter heaven john 3:1-10

Biblical proof for your assertion?

I already know you, your profile says it all. Gat not time for your endless and baseless arguments!!!

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 6:27am On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

I already know you, your profile says it all. Gat not time for your endless and baseless arguments!!!

I don't plan on argueing with you, you can't argue facts, you state them. Well since you know, let me drop you with this;

The watchtower originally taught that NO ONE would make heaven, and that heaven is already complete.

It was later changed and stated they were not sure if heaven was complete, hence some can now make heaven. grin grin

For over 70 years it was held that the 144,000 were fully assigned by 1935.

"Logically, the calling of the little flock would draw to a close when the number was nearing completion, and the evidence is that the general gathering of these specially blessed ones ended in 1935." Watchtower 1995 Feb 15 p.19

If anyone since 1935 rightfully claimed to be anointed it was as a replacement of a sinful remnant, no longer worthy of heaven.

"For 19 centuries there was only the one calling, the heavenly one, with Jehovah being very selective as to who would serve with his Son to make up the Kingdom government. Many would be invited but only a precious few chosen. (Matthew 22:2, 14) In time the prescribed but limited number of 144,000 would be reached. After this no more would be anointed by holy spirit as witness that they had the heavenly hope, unless, in a rare occurrence, the unfaithfulness of one of the remaining 'chosen ones' made a replacement necessary." Watchtower 1982 Feb 15 p.30

In 2005, it was 70 years since the calling was said to have closed. Since a person cannot become anointed until after their baptism, the youngest of the 1935 anointed would have been around 15 in that year, and so in 2005 the youngest anointed from 1935 were already 85. In 2005, only a very small number of those from 1935 were still alive, and so most partakers would need to be considered replacements.

There are a number of holes it the idea that the heavenly call closed in 1935. [size=20pt]To start with, there is absolutely no Scriptural basis that the calling would close, let alone specifically in 1935 or any other year[/size] (this explains why you avoided my question). None of the Governing Body were even been born before 1935. Furthermore, there has been no decrease in partakers in over 35 years. This led to Watchtower finally admitting that this doctrine never had any basis.

"When does the calling of Christians to a heavenly hope cease? …
On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.
How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. " Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31

Check here for more truth: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

Centuries of deception at its worst!

16 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2016
What is it with you and Watchtower? Every of your post is all about them? For your information thier teachings still make sense to me

15 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

I don't plan on argueing with you, you can't argue facts, you state them. Well since you know, let me drop you with this;

The watchtower originally taught that NO ONE would make heaven, and that heaven is already complete.

It was later changed and stated they were not sure if heaven was complete, hence some can now make heaven. grin grin

For over 70 years it was held that the 144,000 were fully assigned by 1935.

"Logically, the calling of the little flock would draw to a close when the number was nearing completion, and the evidence is that the general gathering of these specially blessed ones ended in 1935." Watchtower 1995 Feb 15 p.19

If anyone since 1935 rightfully claimed to be anointed it was as a replacement of a sinful remnant, no longer worthy of heaven.

"For 19 centuries there was only the one calling, the heavenly one, with Jehovah being very selective as to who would serve with his Son to make up the Kingdom government. Many would be invited but only a precious few chosen. (Matthew 22:2, 14) In time the prescribed but limited number of 144,000 would be reached. After this no more would be anointed by holy spirit as witness that they had the heavenly hope, unless, in a rare occurrence, the unfaithfulness of one of the remaining 'chosen ones' made a replacement necessary." Watchtower 1982 Feb 15 p.30

In 2005, it was 70 years since the calling was said to have closed. Since a person cannot become anointed until after their baptism, the youngest of the 1935 anointed would have been around 15 in that year, and so in 2005 the youngest anointed from 1935 were already 85. In 2005, only a very small number of those from 1935 were still alive, and so most partakers would need to be considered replacements.

There are a number of holes it the idea that the heavenly call closed in 1935. [size=20pt]To start with, there is absolutely no Scriptural basis that the calling would close, let alone specifically in 1935 or any other year[/size] (this explains why you avoided my question). None of the Governing Body were even been born before 1935. Furthermore, there has been no decrease in partakers in over 35 years. This led to Watchtower finally admitting that this doctrine never had any basis.

"When does the calling of Christians to a heavenly hope cease? …
On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.
How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. " Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31

Check here for more truth: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

Centuries of deception at its worst!

I don't even have time to or read your long copy and paste trash.

10 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

I don't even have time to or read your long copy and paste trash.

That shows that you are closed minded. Its your type that believes anything he hears without subjecting it to facts.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 11:04am On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

That shows that you are closed minded. Its your type that believes anything he hears without subjecting it to facts.

My problem with you is your obsession with the Witnesses, if so there's nothing good I can learn from you. All your post, all of them. Does it not show you the rather close minded fellow here?

12 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

My problem with you is your obsession with the witnesses, if so there's nothing good I can learn from you. All your post, all of them. Does it not show you the rather close minded fellow here?

That's very wrong! I may be obssesed with witnesses, but am not closed minded.

On two occasions I rejected my preconcieved doctrines after subjecting to biblical evidence I accepted that the witnesses were right.

In this thread I corrected my self after realizing that man is a living soul and not made up of body, soul and spirit as non-JW's claim.

https://www.nairaland.com/2594661/jw-dummies/1

Here I admited to a witness stance that Jesus ressurected with a spiritual body.

paulGrundy(m):
: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
rabzy: :

As to the Quickening which you cited and expatiated on.
This is an explanation of the term:

Two balanced phrases state the result: "having been put to
death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit." The Greek
construction is identical in each phrase, indicating intended
balance and correspondence between them.
"Having been put to death in the flesh" declares the violent
death of Jesus, terminating His life as a man here on earth. Men
took violent action against Him to procure His death. "Flesh"
(sarki>, used without an article, is qualitative and refers to the
humanity He assumed at the Incarnation (John 1:14; 1 Tim.
3:16) and characterizes Him as a man among men here on earth.
He was no Docetic phantom who only appeared to have a body.
"But made alive in the spirit" declares a glorious antithesis.
God acted to bring Him to life again (cf. Rom. 8:11; 1 Pet. 1:21).
Some interpreters hold that the reference here is not to Christ's
bodily resurrection but rather pictures the quickening of His
spirit, which, set free from the limitations of His body, entered
into a new life in the spiritual realm and engaged in spiritual
activities in the spiritual world.6
But the antithetical structure of these two clauses more
naturally suggests His resurrection as over against His death.
The verb (z&opoihqei>j), used in ten other places in the New
Testament, refers to the resurrection of the dead (John 5:21
[twice]; Rom. 5:17; 8:11; 1 Cor. 15:22, 36, 45) or denotes the
giving of spiritual life (John 6:63; 2 Cor. 3:6; Gal. 3:21). It clearly
means to give life where before it had ceased to be or where it had
never been. In Romans 8:11 it is used synonymously with "raise
up" (e]geo>rw) and asserts resurrection. Christ's redemptive victory
was not complete until His resurrection. The expression does not
refer to a quickening of His disembodied spirit which did not die.
The balanced grammatical structure also implies an antithesis
between "flesh" (sarki> and "spirit" (pneu<mati), suggesting
that the two nouns should be taken in the same case.

I have just concluded my scriptural research on this subject, and yes you are very correct.

https://www.nairaland.com/2058270/doctrines-jehovah-witnesses-vs-holy/1

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

On two occasions I rejected my preconcieved doctrines after subjecting to biblical evidence I accepted that the witnesses were right.

In this thread I corrected my self after realizing that man is a living soul and not made up of body, soul and spirit as non-JW's claim.

Here I admited to a witness stance that Jesus ressurected with a spiritual body.

Alright, thanks!!

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

So what do you want me to do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

So what do you want me to do?

I don't want you to do anything, am just proving to you that your accusing me of being myopic is wrong.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State / Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.