Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:09 PM

IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS (1380 Views)

On The Fallacious Propaganda Against The National Convention Planning Committee / Atiku Abubakar Debunks The Accusations By The Oba Of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu. / Ipob Press Release: Buhari And His Agents Disgraced Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Bre(f): 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
IPOB has released this statement in retort to the obvious scam the DSS is trying to pull.

I am really proud of nairalanders. It seems that the majority of us, despite any political/cultural divide, can see through the dangerous and inciteful shenanigans of the DSS.

Truthfully, something insidious is going on in this country, but the response I've read from nairalanders concerning this story gives me hope that the machinations of this government to further use propaganda as a divisive tool against its people is no longer as effective.

Original breaking news post: https://www.nairaland.com/3039490/ipob-members-killed-five-hausa-fulani

Profile of shameless journalist who carried such a baseless story, severely thin on evidence: https://twitter.com/FredrickNwabufo
I think it's time we start holding these shameless goats to account for such irresponsible reporting.

Press release below:

THE UNSUCCESSFUL FRAMING UP OF IPOB AS A VIOLENT AND TERRORIST GROUP: BUHARI AND DSS SHOULD TRY HARDER NEXT TIME

Retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari and his Gestapo Organization called Department of State Services (DSS), henceforth referred to as “Gestapo-DSS“, have once again failed in their attempts to portray the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) as a violent and terrorist group. In their latest but poorly written statement titled “DSS Official Statement on Barnawi and IPOB“, the Gestapo-DSS stated that: “the Service has uncovered the heinous role played by members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), in the abduction/kidnap of five Hausa-Fulani residents, namely Mohammed GAINAKO, Ibrahim MOHAMMED, Idris YAKUBU, and Isa Mohammed RAGO at Isuikwuato LGA in Abia State.” They further noted that: “The abducted men were later discovered at the Umuanyi forest, Abia State, where they were suspected to have been killed by their abductors and buried in shallow graves, amidst fifty (50) other shallow graves of unidentified persons. Arrest and investigation conducted so far, revealed that elements within the IPOB, carried out this dastardly action.”
To drive home their evil intentions, the murderous Gestapo-DSS asserted that: “It is pertinent therefore to alert the general public that IPOB, is gradually showing its true divisive colour and objectives, while steadily embarking on gruesome actions in a bid to ignite ethnic terrorism and mistrust amongst non-indigenes in the South-East region and other parts of the country. Following this act, tension is currently rife among communal stakeholders in the State with possibilities of spillover to other parts of country“
Sadly, Buhari and his Gestapo-DSS have come too late to the party because the world is already aware of their plans as earlier revealed through IPOB‘s statement dated September 9, 2015 and titled: “ PERSISTENT TERRORIST ATTACKS ON BIAFRANS BY THE NIGERIAN STATE.”
The aforementioned IPOB‘s statement is posted at the end of this Press Release to remind Buhari and his Gestapo-DSS that IPOB knew ahead of time, what they have up their sleeves. But apart from IPOB’s proactive warning, it is important to analyze this red-herring being drawn by Buhari and his Gestapo-DSS.
First, on the website of the Gestapo-DSS, they stated thus: “We are obligated by law to investigate the following;
· Threat of espionage
· Threat of espionage
· Threat of sabotage
· Economic crimes of national security dimension
· Terrorist activities
· Separatist agitations and inter-group conflicts.“
But all the claims above are at variance with Section-2(3) of CAP74 LFN 2004 which is the law that established and empowers the Gestapo-DSS. Above all, it is not the duty of the Gestapo-DSS to investigate and make conclusive statements on civilian abduction and murder cases but rather, it is the duty of the Homicide Department of the Nigeria Police Force under the Force/State Criminal Investigation Department (FCID or SCID) and the office of the Director of Coroner’s Inquest of the State in question. Therefore, structurally and mandate-wise on this occasion, the Gestapo-DSS is a fraud and their claims/activities are equally fraudulent.
Now, we come to the their statement; How did the Gestapo-DSS come to the conclusion that it was IPOB members that perpetrated the said crime? Why was it so easy to identify the five Hausa-Fulani victims by names while they were unable to identify the name of atleast one person out of the other fifty victims? Are they saying that only Hausa-Fulani people can be easily identified by names? Who conducted the “arrest and investigation“ and when was it done? By the way, where are the pictorial and video evidences of the claims by the Gestapo-DSS in comparison to the pictures and video footages provided by IPOB when Buhari killed dozens of Biafrans on February 9, 2016 and for which Buhari cowardly refused to watch the video footage during an interview with Al Jazeera’s Martine Dennis?
It is clear to everyone that Buhari and his Gestapo-DSS are bereft of any strategy to quell the rising profile of IPOB and the growing resoluteness of Biafrans to restore their God-ordained nation of Biafra despite extra-judicial killings, intimidations, blackmail, monetary inducements to Ohaneze Ndigbo and allied groups, and sundry evil acts perpetrated by state agents. On the other hand, the Gestapo-DSS have realized that they are on the losing side of the legal proceedings that they initiated against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of IPOB. They have rather resorted to concocting stories of abduction and killing and have subtly introduced the word “Terrorism“ so that they will hopefully make it stick on IPOB and then get Buhari to proclaim IPOB a violent and terrorist organization.
One of the reasons behind this ill-fated statement by the Gestapo-DSS is to give them the opportunity to go to court and cite Section-62(2) of CAP38 LFN 2004, which is the missing piece in the second charge against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. But they have failed woefully. Another reason is to give justifications to any upcoming genocidal killing of Biafrans in the Northern (Arewa nation) part of Nigeria, having laid the grounds for reprisal killing of those from the Igbo-speaking areas of Biafraland residing in Arewa portion of Nigeria. Therefore, IPOB is once again alerting the world of the evil plans of Buhari and his Gestapo-DSS in which they want to tag Biafrans as violent and terrorists.

We urge the public to disregard this hogwash statement from the Gestapo-DSS because it lacks credibility, it is not from the constitutionally/legally authorized source, and it is intended to achieve the twin objectives of classifying IPOB as a terrorist organization and satisfying Section-62(2) CAP38 LFN 2004.

Signed
Barrister Emma Nmezu
Spokesperson for IPOB

Dr. Clifford Chukwuemeka Iroanya
Spokesperson for IPOB

http://www.thebiafratelegraph.co/2016/04/ipob-press-release-unsuccessful-framing.html?showComment=1460295876741#c1815572380020627980

Mods please pay attention to this. There needs to be a balance. To highlight the original story to the front page, for once do the right thing and also highlight the response of the accused. (Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by HARDBOI: 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
mod pls move this upfront.
to neutralise the initial false info.
don't compromise nairaland with bigotry.
We are in 21st century
this is not the nairaland I used to kno as a guest.
where I com to get useful info.

seun u can even do this urelf sir!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Keziehenry(m): 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Daura secret service doing everything possible to paint nnamdi kanu black but they must surely fail.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by TheArchangel(f): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
I just dey weak for Nigeria everyday.... Haba.

Hausa-Fulani were "clearly identified" by names while the other corpse were not. What a childish bullshit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by izospindle(m): 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
am coming
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Ojiofor: 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hmmm
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
Even though i dont support ipob for their curses and deranged statements heap on other ethnicities
i think this is all a ruse
why didnt dss investigate fulani killings with this type of fervor
i think an attempt is being made to paint ipob as a muderous terrorist organisation,so as to properly douse the agitations with violence
even if igbo kill fulanis what about the numbers of southerners killed by fulanis
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Bre(f): 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
HARDBOI:
mod pls move this upfront.
to neutralise the initial false info.
don't compromise nairaland with bigotry.
We are in 21st century
this is not the nairaland I used to kno as a guest.
where I com to get useful info.

seun u can even do this urelf sir!

A counter to that report needs to be heeded. Otherwise, the nairaland establishment will only be seen as a den of hypocrites when the mods break rules they hold other people to. I don't think anyone will disagree that Rule no.8 was flouted: "Don't post false information on Nairaland.". Yet false information was posted and promoted.

Challenge yourselves to do something with integrity.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Bre(f): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Even though i dont support ipob for their curses and deranged statements heap on other ethnicities
i think this is all a ruse
why didnt dss investigate fulani killings with this type of fervor
i think an attempt is being made to paint ipob as a muderous terrorist organisation,so as to properly douse the agitations with violence
even if igbo kill fulanis what about the numbers of southerners killed by fulanis

I don't know where my opinions stand with the IPOB movement yet, I pride myself on being a free thinker so will make my mind up on them irrespective of the drivel being shoved down my throat. I will not allow someone else to make my mind up for me.

However, if anyone or anything wants to threaten the safety and peace of my people, I will be loathe to just quietly watch it unfold. That is why, for the first time in a long time, I was proud of the nairaland commenters for seeing beyond their own prejudices to voice out their open refusal of that report.
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Bre(f): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
TheArchangel:
I just dey weak for Nigeria everyday.... Haba.

Hausa-Fulani were "clearly identified" by names while the other corpse were not. What a childish bullshit.

Because their lives were the only ones that matter, abi? angry
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
Sincerely i just pity southerners our foolishness has gone too far
even we despise ourselves
why cant we just for once and end this nonsense of a country and go our seperate ways
even if ipob approach is wrong they should mend cracks and form alliances now
before it becomes everyone for its own
then the loss maybe too colossal
Bre:

I don't know where my opinions stand with the IPOB movement yet, I pride myself on being a free thinker so will make my mind up on them irrespective of the drivel being shoved down my throat. I will not allow someone else to make my mind up for me.

However, if anyone or anything wants to threaten the safety and peace of my people, I will be loathe to just quietly watch it unfold. That is why, for the first time in a long time, I was proud of the nairaland commenters for seeing beyond their own prejudices to voice out their open refusal of that report.
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by betterABIAstate: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
This dull DSS people
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by betterABIAstate: 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bre:

Because their lives were the only ones that matter, abi? angry
my point also, only the fulanis matter.

As a matter of fact, any Fulani herdsman should be killed.
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by kettykings: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
Any body ever noticed that any state the Fulani can't conquer they use SSS and the military to defeat them, thist happened between them and nassarawa eggon, when nassrawa eggon had the upper hand the governor invited police men and Sss officials to invade the forest and arrest the leader of eggon and their chief priest which led to the mother of all ambush that caused the slaughtering of police and Sss officials.

My advice to igbos is to give up and surrender to the fulanis because even their fellow southerners will betray them in this war with Fulani ,nothing will save igbos so igbos should abandon their farms for Fulani cattle to feed on so that peace will reign.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by PhockPhockMan: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
DSS should be held responsible if any crisis break out between hausa and Igbos.
Reverend sisters was kidnapped, raped and killed, they kept mute.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
Goodness, Gracious me...how can a federal instituted body like DSS perpetrate such venomous and destructive lie that would have thrown the country into serious ethnic killings? From my experience having lived in the north, whenever there is Hausa-Igbo conflict or killing, it morphs into christian-muslim, to them when they start killing Christians. ..is everyone whether you are igbo, nupe, northern christian, yoruba, Igala, Edo., you will be slaughtered.

Duara at DSS must resign now...now!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Bre(f): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
kettykings:
Any body ever noticed that any state the Fulani can't conquer they use SSS and the military to defeat them, thist happened between them and nassarawa eggon, when nassrawa eggon had the upper hand the governor invited police men and Sss officials to invade the forest and arrest the leader of eggon and their chief priest which led to the mother of all ambush that caused the slaughtering of police and Sss officials.

My advice to igbos is to give up and surrender to the fulanis because even their fellow southerners will betray them in this war with Fulani ,nothing will save igbos so igbos should abandon their farms for Fulani cattle to feed on so that peace will reign.

You are not okay. What about what you wrote is in any way sensible or feasible?
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by kettykings: 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bre:

You are not okay. What about what you wrote is in any way sensible or feasible?
The problem is not the fulanis but our fellow southerners who are waiting and praying for confrontation with the Fulani to join Fulani to fight igbo

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
kettykings:

The problem is not the fulanis but our fellow southerners who are waiting and praying for confrontation with the Fulani to join Fulani to fight igbo

We all know the part of the South that is praying for Hausa-Fulani vs Igbo confrontation.
Re: IPOB Press Release On The Fallacious Abian Murder Accusations By DSS by Bre(f): 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
uduak2016:

We all know the part of the South that is praying for Hausa-Fulani vs Igbo confrontation.

I'm trying not to tow that line. Let me leave my focus on the murderous clan that everybody had a problem with.

I only want to know why the Fulani herdsmen aren't know for killings in the north?

(1) (Reply)

FG To Launch "Change Begins With Me" Campaign / Governor Of Kano State Dozes Off At The Katsina Economic Summit. Photos / One Of Lai Mohammed's Masquerades Doing Industrial Training At PHCN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.