Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

5 Reasons Girls Avoid Engineering Courses - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Girls Avoid Engineering Courses (26265 Views)

Best Universities In Nigeria 2018 To Study Engineering Courses / Best Engineering Courses To Study In Nigeria 2018 / Will Unical Offer Admission Into Engineering Courses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Girls Avoid Engineering Courses by Norajones(f): 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
CaptainECole:
watch ur language lady... I am not a "commoner".. Perhaps you're the commoner here ... and about being "unknown".. with time I'd be known by God's grace... Now go and find a kid like you to lie to.. seems you were born outta wedlock .. no wonder.. spoilt brat
yes I was born outta wedlock n my mom was strong enough to carry me at d age she was. Guess if u were in her shoes u'd b so ashamed. Rubbish. UNAM IKOT IWA. She how far I've come. Most ppl u hear about today u think they were not born outta wedlock? Even Jesus christ himself was.wedding is just a mere tradition. Love bonds all.
Re: 5 Reasons Girls Avoid Engineering Courses by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
Norajones:
yes I was born outta wedlock n my mom was strong enough to carry me at d age she was. Guess if u were in her shoes u'd b so ashamed. Rubbish. UNAM IKOT IWA. She how far I've come. Most ppl u hear about today u think they were not born outta wedlock? Even Jesus christ himself was.wedding is just a mere tradition. Love bonds all.
hmmmmmm.. I agree with you.. Love bonds all.. lets just make armistice, forget what I said.. #peace
Re: 5 Reasons Girls Avoid Engineering Courses by originbm: 1:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Women thrive around situations that nurture relationships.They are not machine organisms like men.Building tall buildings don't matter as much to women as ascertaining how the next person feels.Women are not obsessed with expressing power and achievement through machine-based constructions;they are more attracted by courses that promote human interaction...that's why they own nursing and the communication disciplines.
Engineering is an emotionally dry discipline that appeals essentially to the macho in man.It is wrong to conclude that women don't go into it because of a deficiency in intellect.When u r wired in a particular way,some things come easier to you.A woman is not wired to relate to machines like a man,just like men lack the patience to intuit the wants of a new born baby, like a woman would.
THEREFORE TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN.
Re: 5 Reasons Girls Avoid Engineering Courses by SenatorJames(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2016
One of the reasons is that STEM courses are tedious when you get to the field after graduation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? / Dominican University, Ibadan Pro Chancellor, Peter Obi At Convocation Ceremony / ASUU Strike To Continue For The Next Two Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.