Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

How To Grow Wealthy From Writing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Grow Wealthy From Writing (586 Views)

READ AND GROW RICH / Earn #20,000 Weekly From Writing / Make Money From Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow Wealthy From Writing by OliveSystems(m): 1:15am On Apr 11, 2016
Plenty people in past and present generations have amassed wealth with writing. You too can be one of them. Wanna know the secret? You have hit jackpot.

Writing as a form of communication for record keeping and transmission of civilisation has come a long way through the ages. Early men wrote on stones, animal skins, leaves, bones, etc. But fast forward to today, you find radio, television, satellite, the internet, and so on all around us making our lives simpler and better.

Across all epochs, one phenomenon has stood the test of time. It is non-disposable! And its wielders have amassed power and wealth in the process. Writing!

Writing commands authority, paves ways, creates opportunities and generates income for its weavers. Hitherto obscure people have become celebrities overnight just by their writing abilities; take a look at E. L. James of 50 Shades of Grey. And many men gallivanting in the perimeter of poverty have gotten financial freedom through writing; a case study being Dale Carnegie, renowned author of How to Make Friends and Influence People fame which written in the early 18th century and has sold more than 15 million copies.

Now, let us do some simple arithmetic.

Let’s say after deducting cost of printing, marketing, and so on, Dale Carnegie made $1 (about N200) from each sale of his bestseller. That will be a whooping sum of $15 million (N3 billion). Furthermore, he authored more than five others books which all became bestsellers.

Related: How to Grow Wealthy with Blogging 102: Laying the Foundationhttp://www.memorila.com/grow-wealthy-blogging-102-laying-foundation/

And let’s take another example. Pat Flynn, the author of Will It Fly, which started selling on Amazon.com in February 1, 2016, shows on his site that he had accumulated about $ 171010.60 (about N35 million) from the sales of the books in February 2016 only. Isn’t that awesome?
Why Write?

Many people write out of passion for a particular topic. Some do to entertain. Others write to create paradigm shifts, while some do so to show how to perform certain tasks. But the best part of it all is that a lot of people have utilised these talents of theirs to smile to the bank.

At the basics, they have gotten two fold of benefits. One, they have impacted on the lives of their readers thereby creating an image of themselves in them and secondly, their pockets jingle with more coins.

Don’t you want to share in this delicious cake sharing? What are you waiting for? Give me a knife…
Who Can Write?

There are many who have this talent naturally and are putting it into great use. Some do have it but are unaware of its potentials. Others know of the potentials but don’t have ideas of turning them into their financial equivalences.

And yet in other side of the divide, there are some who don’t have the skills, are aware of their deficiency but don’t have the drive to imbibe the skills. So also are there few people who don’t have the skill but have found a way to develop it. And yet, there are some who don’t have it, desires to have it but don’t know how to go about acquiring it.

There is one thing I have come to realise in life: There is nothing that is impossible!

Everything is possible with God. The only thing impossible is what He has not ordained. If you desire for something and you go for it systematically with trust in the Almighty, you will surely get it.

Hence even if you don’t have writing skills or you do have it, but it hasn’t manifested itself, don’t give up. The writing genius in you is only hibernating. You can wake it up. But how?
Developing the Skill

Let me narrate a personal story for you on how I developed the ability of public speaking. Public speaking and writing are two different ball games, but related in some ways.

Read this too: Memorila – Become Wealthy with Your Talentshttp://www.memorila.com/memorila-become-wealthy-with-talents/

Back in 2004, I lived with an uncle of mine in Abuja, Nigeria. We went for a local function where I was drafted to introduce to the speaker of the occasion. But I flopped! Public fright took hold of me.

It was just a gathering of not more than 15 people. But I couldn’t address them. My uncle was flabbergasted. To address the issue, he delegated his own session to me. Wonders shall never end!

Here I was, yesterday, unable to introduce a speaker, but today, have been made the speaker myself. So, what do I do? And there was no way out. The deal has been done!

So I had to go to work. I spent the next few days researching on the topic I was assigned.

And finally, the D-day came. I mounted the rostrum and delivered a mesmerizing lecture. The audience followed. And a chord was struck!

I couldn’t imagine myself while I was delivering the lecture. “Is this the Faruk who was shy yesterday?” I said to myself. I was amazed at the presentation. The genius in me has revealed itself. And since then I haven’t looked back.

I know you will shout, “How does this relate with writing?” Calm down! I will show you.
Bringing out the Genius in You

Everybody is born with a particular gift. Most times, this gift is not identified and hence remains unnoticed.

The gift of writing can be harnessed. Even if you don’t write very well right now, you could learn to improve it. And the best part of it, become wealthy from it.

I wasn’t also very good in writing before. But with some baby steps, here I am penning down scripts upon scripts whenever and wherever I want.

I am not saying that I am perfect. NO! But when I look back, I know my today is better than my yesterday. And life has been good with me. Thank God.

You too can learn to write or master the art of writing. I want to help you achieve this dream of a lifetime. All you need is a nudge in the right direction and you will never be your old self again. Positively speaking!
Introducing Memorila.com Writing Course

Memorila.com has created an online academy to bring out the geniuses in people. One of the first courses to be offered in the academy is How to Grow Wealthy from Writing.

Here, interested person will be exposed to the art of writing and the geniuses in them lying fallow will be woken up. In short, they will be turned into stars. Here is just a tip of the iceberg of what you will be expecting:

* Introduction to communication

* How writing was used to generate wealth in the past

* How writing is being used to generate wealth today

* Techniques of Writing

* How to create and publish an e-book

* Marketing your e-book

* How to sell your e-book

* Other ways of generating wealth from writing

This writing course is a 10-weeks practical class. By the end of the course, you must have earned at least your first $25 (N5,000) from writing. And the sky is just your beginning.
Registering for the course

Registration for the Writing Course is very easy and the classes take place online. If you would like, you could take your lessons by correspondence through emails. Click here to register now!

I know you will be wondering by now, “How much will the course cost?” It is not much and won’t cause any dent in your pocket. Hmmm! And here we are talking of you making millions in return of your investment.

Well, it is everybody's knowledge that NairaLand has prohibited advertisement through posts. Hence, I will not state the price here. If you are interested to more, visit here pleasehttp://market.memorila.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hey Literature Landers Am Back! Itx Ur Boy Rounakid (iphiekuttie) / I'm Writing A Fiction Series, And I'm Sharing Everything I Learn Along The Way. / “I Don’t Have Strong Enough Fingers To Tear Up A Green Card- Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.