Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest (2024 Views)

Charly Boy Group Resumes Anti-Buhari Protest Over Corruption (Photos) / Osinbajo Reveals Plots Against Anti-graft War / "I Stand With Buhari" Protest To Hold Alongside 2face's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by suasmablow(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2016
The New Initiative for Credible
Leadership (NILC) has warned Governor
Nyesom Wike of Rivers State to stop
instigating Nigerians against President
Muhammadu Buhari.
Executive Director of the group Reverend
Steven Onwu said on Sunday that the
planned protest against Buhari on
Thursday in Port Harcourt is uncalled for.
He said that announcement by
facilitators of the protest tagged "Occupy
Nigeria Season 2", where they revealed
that a protest was being planned against
federal government’s inability to solve
the perennial fuel scarcity in the country
is mischievous and that the mass action
apparently being sponsored by Governor
Wike was because President
Muhammadu Buhari consistently
maintained his neutrality in the state’s
rerun poll instead of supporting him as
he had expected.
"The issue between the Minister of
Transport and immediate past governor,
Rotimi Amaechi and Wike has reached its
limit. It is the reason Wike is sponsoring
the so called ‘Occupy Nigeria Season 2’ to
both embarrass and sabotage the
Federal Government. If this is Wike’s
strategy of getting at President Buhari for
not taking sides in the re-run elections
then it is very sad.
"Mr President displayed the maturity
expected of a statesman by neither
siding with Amaechi nor Wike; so why
should the governor now be trying to
burn the state simply to spite the FG,"
Onwu said.
He also urged all those invited for the
protest to ask critical questions before
making themselves available.
He said: "Our advice to student bodies,
NGOs, CSOs, CBOs and any other person
or group that has been contacted for this
paid protest is that they should read
between the lines and understand what it
is they are asking for. The economic
situation in the land and the associated
fuel crisis are already being dealt with
from what is being reported in the media
so what else is the protest meant to
achieve?"

Source: www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cso-warns-wike-against-anti-buhari-protest/141816.html

1 Like

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2016
Wike your head dey there jare. Amaechi must go. That traitor must go down. Rivers is PDP. PDP is Rivers.
It doesn't matter that security in the State has been left to God and his angels. Even Angel Micah walks around with bullet proof vest in PH. But, Amaechi must pay for betraying the South. Who's he to even think of building Lagos-Calabar coastal project? Traitor... angry angry

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by Mynd44: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2016
I hope I will be as colorful and wide spread as the season 1 with loads of entertainment, food and drinks.
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by stevealibi: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2016
Am in rivers state and my abode is few km frm state house' noffin of such has been heard of #idontbelieve# this post

1 Like

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by dechriscool(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2016
The new initiative for credible leadership,hmmm.This is amazing,so many ghost group on the pages of news paper.why would Buhari support Wike in the rerun election in preference to his party APC. Thing before your make unfounded accusations NICL.The present economic hardship turbulence in the country does justify protest from any part of the country.If that will make the tourist president to sit at home and administer governance.The insensitivity of the man Buhari is what marvel me more.

3 Likes

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by mrvitalis(m): 7:48am On Apr 11, 2016
The only protests any sensible southern Nigeria should do is against there senators and HOR members.. .... But trust me they won't.. . Even the foolish tweeter senator has gone mute

After all Rivers people say Jonathan(that accepted he did nothing in 6 years ) is far better than ameachi (their son that transformed Rivers State )

The way south south people reason.. . Still need to be researched on

4 Likes

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by diegwu01: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Dead on arrival
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by oganology33(m): 7:50am On Apr 11, 2016
Useless man. When Occupy Nigeria protest season 1 took place under GEJ, it was gud 4 our democracy. Now under PMB itz now Wike's plan. And dat fool actually believed dat Wike was expecting Mr. President 2 support him. Some ppl are reasoning with dia heads on the ground sha.
Pure & Undiluted Hypocrisy!!!

9 Likes

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by Jirate(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2016
The People of the State are Solidly behind Wike and in Politics, that is no Mean Achievement. Ride On Sir. cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by dechriscool(m): 8:07am On Apr 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
The only protests any sensible southern Nigeria should do is against there senators and HOR members.. .... But trust me they won't.. . Even the foolish tweeter senator has gone mute

After all Rivers people say Jonathan(that accepted he did nothing in 6 years ) is far better than ameachi (their son that transformed Rivers State )

The way south south people reason.. . Still need to be researched on
This Diobu man always amaze me with your line of reasoning and assertion.The economic hardship you are facing presently at Diobu area of portharcourt is different from what other people are facing in other part of the country.The no light,no fuel situation in the country is not a cause for alarm but the Lagos calaber coastal rail is your priority.Beside senator John Enoh from Akwaibom and ogheneh from Lagos,all of PDP had express their shock over the removal of the coastal rail.So what is your fuss.

1 Like

Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by criminalmindz: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2016
Imagine the rubbish talk that buhari showed maturity by not taking sides with amaechi in the rivers re-run election yet 3weeks after results have not been released...
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by mrvitalis(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2016
dechriscool:
This Diobu man always amaze me with your line of reasoning and assertion.The economic hardship you are facing presently at Diobu area of portharcourt is different from what other people are facing in other part of the country.The no light,no fuel situation in the country is not a cause for alarm but the Lagos calaber coastal rail is your priority.Beside senator John Enoh from Akwaibom and ogheneh from Lagos,all of PDP had express their shock over the removal of the coastal rail.So what is your fuss.
My line of reasoning is devoid of sentiments nigga
Are they not ashamed they are shocked?
So too the northerners will pass a bill to make us second class citizens and when it is passed the will all be shocked... See if u are not ready for a job sit aside

And as for Buhari. .. every one who knows me can teastyfy how I supported Jonathan in 2010... gave him 2 years and he failed... See if after two years Buhari fails I will be the first to campaign against him.. .. I don't do centiments.. . Ameachi performed that's y he will still have my support
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by Nkemtreasure: 10:24am On Apr 11, 2016
Freedom of speech ehhhh, na you know watin you wan cause.
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by dreamworld: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2016
ss/se proudly 5%
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by Belexy95: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2016
Wike should be ashamed of himself for his inability to pay civil servants february salary not to mention march. With the huge resources compared to other states.
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by gillz(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
State of emergency loading faster than expected in Rivers state
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by odikimi: 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Belexy95:
Wike should be ashamed of himself for his inability to pay civil servants february salary not to mention march. With the huge resources compared to other states.
which of the Rivers State? Is it the one in Katsina or d one sharing boundary with Akwa Ibom, Abia? If it the later, u better rush down to Yaba left because he has paid, my mum got alert ds early momo.
Please tell yo useless Amaechi to return the NIGERIA MARITIME UNIVERSITY to the Niger Delta, and ask yo mumu president to pay March NYSC Allowance, pls I beg of u
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by Jombojombo(m): 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
So this govt should be left to continue their cluelessness without being questioned?
Re: CSO Warns Wike Against Anti- Buhari Protest by gare(f): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
suasmablow:
The New Initiative for Credible
Leadership (NILC) has warned Governor
Nyesom Wike of Rivers State to stop
instigating Nigerians against President
Muhammadu Buhari.
Executive Director of the group Reverend
Steven Onwu said on Sunday that the
planned protest against Buhari on
Thursday in Port Harcourt is uncalled for.
He said that announcement by
facilitators of the protest tagged "Occupy
Nigeria Season 2", where they revealed

that a protest was being planned against
federal government’s inability to solve
the perennial fuel scarcity in the country
is mischievous and that the mass action
apparently being sponsored by Governor
Wike was because President
Muhammadu Buhari consistently
maintained his neutrality in the state’s
rerun poll instead of supporting him as
he had expected.
"The issue between the Minister of
Transport and immediate past governor,
Rotimi Amaechi and Wike has reached its
limit. It is the reason Wike is sponsoring
the so called ‘Occupy Nigeria Season 2’ to
both embarrass and sabotage the
Federal Government. If this is Wike’s
strategy of getting at President Buhari for
not taking sides in the re-run elections
then it is very sad.
"Mr President displayed the maturity
expected of a statesman by neither
siding with Amaechi nor Wike; so why
should the governor now be trying to
burn the state simply to spite the FG,"
Onwu said.
He also urged all those invited for the
protest to ask critical questions before
making themselves available.
He said: "Our advice to student bodies,
NGOs, CSOs, CBOs and any other person
or group that has been contacted for this
paid protest is that they should read
between the lines and understand what it
is they are asking for. The economic
situation in the land and the associated
fuel crisis are already being dealt with
from what is being reported in the media
so what else is the protest meant to
achieve?"

Source: www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cso-warns-wike-against-anti-buhari-protest/141816.html

Who told you PMB took a neutral position, all the soldiers that Amaechi and Dakuku carried with them are from where, forget that old man he is very wicked and vindictive, he gave approval for the soldiers to work with Amaechi but to his surprise Amaechi could not deliver and you say he is taking a neutral stand.

Then secondly there is nothing wrong in staging a peaceful protest, if that will wake them up fine, it has never being this bad, the country was not this bad when he took over from GEJ, despite the corruption level, now that things are suppose to be looking good, it is the reverse.

The Occupy Nigeria season was justified because it was done in Lagos, I never heard you advice Fashola, whatever you call yourself you have shown that you are an hepocrit, the protest has nothing to do with Amaechi or PBM as a person rather it has to do with the Federal Govt failing to keep its promise, please keep your advice to yourself or better advice PMB to ensure there is constant power and fuel.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Okowa, Dangote Commissions Chinedu And Sons Ultra Modern Office Complex And / BREAKING: Kanu's Attorneys Request That Court Arrange Buratai To Produce Nnamdi / 2019: Buhari Caught Giving 4 + 4 Sign To The National Assembly Members(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.