Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,228 members, 7,849,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen (12843 Views)

Ondo Election: Mimiko Meets With Buhari Again / OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun / Mimiko Meets With Striking Workers In Ondo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Pavarottii(m): 8:51am On Apr 12, 2016
Where are the yoruba's supporting the fulani herdsmen and think they are not a minority?

I laff in swahili. Abi is Mimiko not Yoruba, or Olu falae not Yoruba or is OPC is not a Yoruba.

My advice. If the yorubas/zombies don't start SAYING NO to fulani herdmens nationwide. What is happening now will be child's play compared to what happened in Mile 12, Ketu, Orile and ebute metta.

This is an agenda by PMB. The earlier we say No, the better.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by sinistermind(m): 8:51am On Apr 12, 2016
The level of hypocrisy among the south-western APC is unbelievable. Come at me if you like, but it's the truth. No APC chieftain from the south-west has come out openly to condemn these attacks on Falae by these fulanis. Political Parties have now become a new tool for division. I guess becos the President has kept quiet so far about these Fulani menace, other southwest APC chieftains should also keep quiet. If a PDP member attacks the president on this issue, that's when you'll see all of them insulting such person. Let's wait when they'll attack the family of one APC chieftain and see what they'll have to say. These Fulani herdsmen menace is gradually getting out of hand. They are gradually invading the south and most people are keeping quiet. God help us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by idupaul: 8:53am On Apr 12, 2016
Governors need to start arming local militias to tackle the herdsmen
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 12, 2016
Now that is a governor protecting the interest of his people.
meanwhile the president who is to protect our general and collective interest against harm is speechless. this is really absurd and another bad precedent being kicked off by this administration... why impose your selves into another man's property which he/she legally paid for? in better countries, "trespassers are shot dead immediately" now imagine what would be done to invaders..

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by mediachirps(m): 8:56am On Apr 12, 2016
Enjoy the one Nigeria.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by chimaobinelson(m): 8:56am On Apr 12, 2016
make una de dea de talk me i don the learn how to handle,shoot at close n distant range wit my toy gun..oga na self help tins nowoo grin

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Abeymills(m): 8:57am On Apr 12, 2016
D grand patron of the Fulani herds demons from hell bubuhari will not say anything nonsical korkor biliti yeye govt
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Ushiefrank(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2016
If you want to know true man's character put him in power. It is not i will again but i have done this. Mr president is better do some before those that are supporting turn back with regret
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by HirstMOG(m): 8:59am On Apr 12, 2016
sometimes I wonder what good this administration has really done that the zombies keep singing its praises. in the history of this country, we have never experience bad governance as this. there is no side you can point to that any good thing is coming from. with the way these herdsmen are going, it will result into ethnic war if no measure is taken soon. just look at bubu!!!

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by tempest01(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2016
Where is the DSS? They should release statement. Fulani don follow kill person.

Nonsense.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by ehinmowo: 9:12am On Apr 12, 2016
I am very careful what I say here lest DSS pay me a visit. but these goro eaters want to make me support the establishment of OPC and probably subsequent strengthening of same. since d govt does not seem to understand issues of national importance.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by orisa37: 9:16am On Apr 12, 2016
OPC members killed? How and Why were they so csreless? For every OPC member killed, one hundred Fulani Herdsmen should be killed in replacement. That is the spirit of Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Born2Breed(f): 9:26am On Apr 12, 2016
"they don’t sell these cattle for free"

This is a leader who knows his onion.

My take is this anywhere you see the fulani herdsmen chase them by any means necessary.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by rjek: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2016
neolboy:
The Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko on Monday said the federal government must act now to stop the incessant killings of people, particularly farmers, by Fulani herdsmen.
The governor added that if the government failed to act, the country may be heading towards a precipice.

Mimiko stated this while meeting with members of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) over the death of one of their colleagues, who was allegedly killed by herdsmen at the farm belonging to the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae at Ilado community in Akure North local government area of the state.

The deceased, Ayodele Ige, was the coordinator of the group in Akure North local government.

Mimiko also noted that if urgent actions were not taken, people may resort to self help.

While appealing to the OPC not to take law into their hands, he urged the government to collaborate with northern states governors to set up big ranches with dams, including schools for the herdmen.

Mimiko assured the OPC members that those behind the killing of their member will soon be brought to book by the law enforcement agencies.

The governor who picked holes in the proposed Fulani grazing reserves bill by National Assembly, said it would further aggravate the crisis between the farmers and the herdsmen.

His words,”these herdsmen must be called to order, these wanton destructions, audacious incursions into other people’s territory cannot continue for too long.

“I am again appealing to Mr President and all the major stakeholders in government in Nigeria that we should put heads together and sort out this.

“For me, I see the grazing reserves as aggravating the problem; though I’ve not read the law, I don’t see how that law can find comfort with the land user’s act; the control of land is vested in the governor of the state; I can’t see any federal law that will compulsorily acquire any land from any state government; in my state for example, it cannot work.

“The owners of these cattles, according to the information in my disposal are well to do people, they are elites and if cattle rearing is commercial venture, why should they not contribute in collaboration with state government or Private Public Partnership or whatsoever to set up ranches, so that if you want to graze on such ranches, you pay a fee, after all, they don’t sell these cattle for free.

“We have been talking about diversification and agriculture is the main focus, but in my state there is hardly any medium scale or large scale farmers that has not had any encounter or the other with the herdsmen.

“They just go to the farm and devastated it, some of the owners have been turned to perpetual debtors because some of them borrowed from bank , the herdsmen will just get there and destroy these farmlands and we are talking of diversification.

“I think if we don’t do anything about the activities of these herdsmen, I can see a threat to the security of this country so it’s a major challenge and I think the President and all major stakeholders should take this as a very serious challenge.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/11/mimiko-meets-opc-members-over-killing-of-colleague-by-fulanis-herdsmen/
Hey mimiko, where my state alawee for one year?
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by ovie99(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2016
buhari was quick to label rivers state as d most dangerous state in Nigeria but has never condemned d killings of his brothers. foolish president

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 12, 2016
The only advice i will give now is this.....Yorubas and Igbos and Niger Deltans, let us come together, form a strong coalition and fight this common enemies! This technique was employed in the bronze ages where rival kingdoms come together and form an ally to fight a common stronger kingdom. By the time we come together and fight these tse-tse flies and share their meat, then we can now continue to fight each other.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:51am On Apr 12, 2016
The fulanis will never try this in Ngwaland, they know strong clans in Naija.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Pwetyefe(f): 9:57am On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=cktheluckyman post=44617591]

I just love this man!! Any southern Governor that gives out an inch of their lands to these murderers in the name of grazing reserves should be hanged!! Igbos are predominantly traders and no one is talking about trading reserves for them.Anyone who wants land anywhere should raise money and pay for it[/quote)He shuld be concerned on how to pay salaries cos teachers in d state are not happy dey re suffering
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by dragunov: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2016
ilawanson44:
The only advice i will give now is this.....Yorubas and Igbos and Niger Deltans, let us come together, form a strong coalition and fight this common enemies! This technique was employed in the bronze ages where rival kingdoms come together and form an ally to fight a common stronger kingdom. By the time we come together and fight these tse-tse flies and share their meat, then we can now continue to fight each other.
Share their meat? You shouldn't have said that. That's cannibalism. Yoruba's ain't cannibals. OK. Fight, yeah. But sharing of meat? No way.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2016
Buhari with his fish brain will soon send this country into another civil war
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2016
dragunov:
Share their meat? You shouldn't have said that. That's cannibalism. Yoruba's ain't cannibals. OK. Fight, yeah. But sharing of meat? No way.

I mean their cow meat nah! Shebi una like Kpomo well well. Yoruba take the Kpomo, we Igbos take the head and the shaki cos we like Isi efi and pepper soup tinz and then Niger Deltans take the whole meat.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by psamuel618(m): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Something should be done fast else ALL FARMERs will lose their crops and farm yards to those bastard fulanis and nothing anybody will do to it... If they can be licensed rifles and AK-47, soonest they will go about with local made bomb to threatened armless civilians. The So-Called President is just enjoying himself abroad while it's hometown is in a great havok. I pity him.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by freshinko: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
100 year gone, Nigeria has expired. I have managed to go through history, at least to see if there is any country other than Nigeria that has expiring date attached to her existence. But allas, am yet to see one. No matter how u try to patch you weak tyire, it will continue to trouble u until you replace it.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by King44(m): 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
Am watching what these herdsmen activities would lead to in d end in HD
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
Can somebody tell this man to go and paay the five months old pension he's owning the pensioners

If only he knows how the old are cursing him. I wonder hoe his old age is gonna look like even after having d all money in dis world.

Don't quote me if none of ur parents is a pensioner coz both of mine are undecided
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
DabELLs:

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GOD WAS GIVING OUT COMMON SENSE
The sense got finished before him & his people got there.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by dragunov: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2016
ilawanson44:

I mean their cow meat nah! Shebi una like Kpomo well well. Yoruba take the Kpomo, we Igbos take the head and the shaki cos we like Isi efi and pepper soup tinz and then Niger Deltans take the whole meat.
Awww come on dude! You people take the whole protein while we eat the dead cells. No way. Let's do it like this; you guys take the bones( you can access the marrow from there. Quite proteinous), the head, horns and hoofs ( for any isi anything), in fact all the strong strong parts because you guys are strong nah. Shebi? OK we take the Inu Eran parts plus the hind quarters and humps. We alsobtake the neck and chest regions too while our pugnacious brothers who love to refer to themselves as militants can do with the tails. Abi. You no know say cowtail pepper soup taken with kaikai or sapele water na de real thing.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
dragunov:
Awww come on dude! You people take the whole protein while we eat the dead cells. No way. Let's do it like this; you guys take the bones( you can access the marrow from there. Quite proteinous), the head, horns and hoofs ( for any isi anything), in fact all the strong strong parts because you guys are strong nah. Shebi? OK we take the Inu Eran parts plus the hind quarters and humps. We alsobtake the neck and chest regions too while our pugnacious brothers who love to refer to themselves as militants can do with the tails. Abi. You no know say cowtail pepper soup taken with kaikai or sapele water na de real thing.

So we don't have a deal then!
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by dragunov: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
ilawanson44:

So we don't have a deal then!
OK.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations / House Of Representatives Approves June 12 As Democracy Day / Labour Party Postpones Rallies In Ekiti And Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.