Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,912 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (4392 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari With Commandant Of US Army War College In 1980 (Throwback Photo / For Or Against Nigeria's Possible Division? / Aisha Buhari Prepares For Get-Involved Initiative (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by senior123: 12:13am On Apr 12, 2016
There are strong indications that the United States of America, USA, may be gearing up for a possible balkanisation of the country following developments in the last few years.
This indication is contained in a publication credited to NEWSRESCUE in America, where accounts of an article written by Director of the African Security Research Project in Washington, DC and Guest Columnist of AllAfrica Global Media, Mr. Daniel Volman and speakers in an AFRICOM conference held at Fort McNair were given.
It would be recalled that in 2005, the US predicted that Nigeria would cease to be a nation state in 2015 in view of threats posed by continued ethno-religious crisis over the years. Similarly, the United States military had, in May 2008, conducted a war games test called Unified Quest 2008, to ascertain how its military might respond to a war in parts of Africa with a mention of Nigeria.
Also, the question of how to handle possible splits between factions within the Nigerian government was tested with a plan by the Americans to send about 20,000 troops to secure and take over the oil-rich South while the North would be turned into an Arab aligned, possibly terrorist enclave.

Recent developments in the polity, namely the post-election violence up country, the activities of militants in the South and the recent activities of the Islamic Boko Haram sect in a spate of terrorism-like bomb attacks may have laid strong credence to the claim.
Indications are that the US will favour a disintegration of the country given Nigeria’s not too distant past romance with countries considered not to be allies of the self-acclaimed world super power.
The Nigerian government had not long ago signed deals with Russia and Iran for major resource, military and power (Nuclear generation) mutual ventures. This alliance did not go down well with the US as these nations are considered perpetual enemies. In addition, Nigeria has been promoting development, not by serving US interest but by cooperation’s with so-called third world Nations like Brazil.
The US has been known to be at the center of important breakups in the past. Countries like Vietnam and Korea had the US play a major skewed role, and when these Nations divided into North and South, the US stationed its troops at the border to defend usually the Southern territory, and the Northern usually became a rejected, isolated rudiment.
It would also be recalled that in the 2010 budget, the US had made provision for the expansion of the operations of United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), which will provide increased security assistance to repressive regimes in Nigeria, Niger, Chad, and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and key US allies such as Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Rwanda and Uganda.
This is even as in 2009, Nigeria’s late President, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, clearly rejected the installation of US AFRICOM military command in Nigeria, probably sensing that the Pentagon had planned to establish a new military command in Africa. WE WILL NEVER BREAK UP. SHAME THE DEVIL

http://www..com/talk/topic,89668.0.html

1 Like

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by iPrevail(m): 12:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Dem go wait tire.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by VANHELLSING: 12:29am On Apr 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by VANHELLSING: 12:36am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:
WE WILL NEVER BREAK UP. SHAME THE DEVIL
We will, however peacefully

12 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by excellencyabia1: 12:43am On Apr 12, 2016
Why won't they predict our breakup when we call ourselves brothers but we can't live together. This is not just praying but adjusting and working on their reason because to them nigeria is a name but the body, a dead one. To me i don't even know the one to prefer because the present state i no enjoy even common electricity and fuel, the later who know if the face will be like obj own.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by correctyourself(m): 1:06am On Apr 12, 2016
Op dont destroy your country with misleading information, be you muslim/christian, political affiliation, our creator is watching!

1 Like

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by senior123: 1:22am On Apr 12, 2016
VANHELLSING:

We will, however peacefully

Why do u want to break up. Look at the articles i posted. The west have done this tirelessly for years. Look at Libya, Syria, Korea, Soviet Union, Iran, Iraq, disintegrated economies, those countries were broken up bcoz the west wanted it to. Look at them now. even in more war than before.
Read these documents and tell me
The US is evil n u want to let them suceed. It is a shame.

5 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by senior123: 1:27am On Apr 12, 2016
iPrevail:
Dem go wait tire.

Guys it is serious. I dont know if anyone has seen this but I just decided to search the famous WIKILEAKS for CIA documents on Nigeria. It was revealing. Apparently PDP politicians have been working with the US for years. Buhari noted this and have been trying to fight them off. There was an email where a PDP politician said "I would take care of the Buhari Problem". The politicians have been using our country to play hanky panky

This is the link
https://search.wikileaks.org/?q=buhari
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by weyabblog: 1:29am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:

Why do u want to break up. Look at the articles i posted. The west have done this tirelessly for years. Look at Libya, Syria, Korea, Soviet Union, Iran, Iraq, disintegrated economies, those countries were broken up bcoz the west wanted it to. Look at them now. even in more war than before.
us is beta dan fulani abeg

8 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by senior123: 1:31am On Apr 12, 2016
weyabblog:
us is beta dan fulani abeg

Wait, u think they will allow u come to d us. dont bother. If IPOB want to go, gop but u cannot go with our nigerian land. the igbos will stay there. u people will go and look for where to live simple

1 Like

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by pchukwudi: 1:57am On Apr 12, 2016
OP go tell that mumbo jumbo to your co-fulani-herdsmen, and while you're at it, make sure to inform the most divisive head of state the country ever had. Then examine your personal shiploads of bigotry and hate speech (which you are in the chronic habit of littering the web with) against the igbos. Then after that, come back and give us one coherent reason why you think it's moral or normal to forcefully unite with a tribe you hate and disdain so much with all the venom you could muster. Then after that we can talk. Ehi

senior123:
There are strong indications that the United States of America, USA, may be gearing up for a possible balkanisation of the country following developments in the last few years...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 12, 2016
Bad belle people...werrin concern dem corcern our matter?

Nigeria will still divide buh we'll do it on our own....

2 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by weyabblog: 6:49am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:

Wait, u think they will allow u come to d us. dont bother. If IPOB want to go, gop but u cannot go with our nigerian land. the igbos will stay there. u people will go and look for where to live simple
jus a matter of time. Parasite

7 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by opalu: 6:51am On Apr 12, 2016
NIGERIA ARMY IS IN SAMBISA FOREST PREPARING FOR AMERICAN BREAK UP WHEN TRUMP WIMS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2016
BREAKING UP is the best thing that could happen to Nigeria right now.....

9 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Craniumm: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2016
GreatSE:
BREAKING UP is the best thing that could happen to Nigeria right now.....
you think so?
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Caseless: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2016
Stale!

Trust me, America will fall or break before Nigeria does that. We are all going to break some days.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by coolscott(m): 6:59am On Apr 12, 2016
.. smiley
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Caseless: 7:06am On Apr 12, 2016

It would also be recalled that in the 2010 budget, the US had made provision for the expansion of the operations of United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), which will provide increased security assistance to repressive regimes in Nigeria, Niger, Chad, and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and key US allies such as Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Rwanda and Uganda.
people of God, I think it was hero that was in power at this time. His asslickers call him "hero", but the west saw his government as repressive .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Caseless: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2016
opalu:
NIGERIA ARMY IS IN SAMBISA FOREST PREPARING FOR AMERICAN BREAK UP WHEN TRUMP WIMS
I pray!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Achuwa1(m): 7:12am On Apr 12, 2016
Nigeria will break up peacefully,,,,& everyone will retain his ancestral land...
Like igbos will form ally with isreal coz we are decedant of GOD..

3 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by ElCount: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2016
When your president already divided the country with his 95%-5% statement and then trying to plunge the country into yet more anarchy by supporting the activities of the herdsmen as well as the increased civil unrest and total disregard for the rule of law which is a major binding factor in the country.
Folks can keep shouting nigeria will not break up bla bla bla and keep supporting buhari's move but we all know what will happen in the end because all the ingredients for a break up is almost complete and all thanks to the president GMB

6 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:

typical muslim troll,always anti-us.The usa only capitalizes on disunity in these countries nd also lack of diplomacy .Is it the us's fault that we are nt united nd not getting it right? .U shud also blame lack of patriotism on d path of dia willing tools like obj as u CLAIMED.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by zendy: 7:38am On Apr 12, 2016
Nigerians make me laugh. So you people are telling me that a bunch uncultured Fulani Shepards will come down to Igboland with their cattle, destroy our farm lands, rape our women, shoot at us and kill us and you people still expect us to dancing to the song of 'one Nigeria'? I cannot be one Nigeria with Fulani people! Not now, not ever! We are going to shame this evil contraption created by the British opportunist called Lugard and named Nigeria by his deranged wife. Igbo land and the minorities who agree with us must become self Governing!!

3 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Fmartin(m): 8:02am On Apr 12, 2016
I think wit d incesant attack by herdsmen across d nation, one may prefer a break up as the solution.
Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Mckennedy: 8:17am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:

Nigerian land Laugh wan kill me...who's Nigeria and in which language is Nigeria Was Nigeria a God creation or a man made It's in this Nairaland I first discovered tribalism in life...

3 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by obailala(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2016
They tried bokoharam, we subdued them, they trued ipob, that phase passed, now it seems they are trying the fulani herdsmen's murderous approach. But God still pass them.

2 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by pchukwudi: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2016
Caseless:
people of God, I think it was hero that was in power at this time. His asslickers call him "hero", but the west saw his government as repressive .

So in your as.slicking mind you actually missed where it says the aim was to provide security assistance? If yuu are not as.slicker you'd have known that the OP was either lying or the only group the so called "repressive regime" ever needed help to repress was the the terrorist BH.

Now do you see how unresonable you are?

1 Like

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by lonBucci(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:

Guys it is serious. I dont know if anyone has seen this but I just decided to search the famous WIKILEAKS for CIA documents on Nigeria. It was revealing. Apparently PDP politicians have been working with the US for years. Buhari noted this and have been trying to fight them off. There was an email where a PDP politician said "I would take care of the Buhari Problem". The politicians have been using our country to play hanky panky

This is the link
https://search.wikileaks.org/?q=buhari

APC supporters be like grin hehehehehe, am waiting to hear when APC will blame pdp for super eagles poor performance undecided

1 Like

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:
WE WILL NEVER BREAK UP. SHAME THE DEVIL
We will bro,it's just a question of how and when?

1 Like

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Presidiotbuhari: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2016
senior123:

I said peacefully" the madness going on in Syria and Libya can not be hinged entirely on US, but rather on the stoburness of their respective leaders. Who refused to listen to the voice of their people.

Thesame cenerio is about to play out in Nigeria, the deafening silence from the leadership of this country towards the cries of many section of this contraption is only a catalyst to civil unrest.
Which if not handled carefully and delicately may methermophose into civil war(God forbid) which in turn will result to intervention/ desterbilization by US.

The leadership of this country is toeing the stubborn part that Gadaffi and Asad took that have left both country in a perpetual war. The man who his house is on fire does not run after rat. This country is seating on a timing bomb and the time is tickling fast. It would be better if the country is dissolved peacefully than to end up like Syria or Libya.

3 Likes

Re: US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2016
We have planted good seeds in this land called Nigeria.....Nothing like that will happen. angry angry angry Let them prepare for theirs since evidence of rigging is beginning to show up in their electoral system.. angry angry angry angry angry

Nigeria will disappoint everyone who is expecting us to go to war....just like they did before last year's election....Nonsense!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Says There Is Hardship In Nigeria? / Nnamdi Kanu Security And Protection Is Handled By Biafran Special Forces Team / Israeli Warns Nigeria: No Harm Should Befall Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.