Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu (37994 Views)

Semi Detached Six Bedroom Duplex At Bodija Ibadan For Rent / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by richgang(m): 9:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Please sir, I want to build a five bedroom duplex in Benin, I'm contacting the contractor this Friday, so I want you to help me out by telling me how much it will cost from starting to finish of the 5 bedroom duplex ,i don't want to be cheated...Thank you in advance
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by alakara(m): 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
richgang:
Please sir, I want to build a five bedroom duplex in Benin, I'm contacting the contractor this Friday, so I want you to help me out by telling me how much it will cost from starting to finish of the 5 bedroom duplex ,i don't want to be cheated...Thank you in advance
They can build it for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2016
Lintel work: this phase of the job is divided into, formwork, iron work and concrete work

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:02am On Apr 27, 2016
More picture updates

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:04am On Apr 27, 2016
More updates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by ceelog(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2016
@Abdul...will u be in Enugu town Saturday morning? Would like us to see face to face and discuss. We had spoken on phone three weeks ago
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by ceelog(m): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2016
@Abdul...will u be in Enugu town Saturday morning? Would like us to see face to face and discuss. We had spoken on phone three weeks ago.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2016
ceelog:
@Abdul...will u be in Enugu town Saturday morning? Would like us to see face to face and discuss. We had spoken on phone three weeks ago.

My second (podosci) would be around, I can tell him to see you so you guys can discuss sir... . Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Here is the summary of this stage:

Construction Operations
During the construction, the engineers performed the under listed
operations:
- Placement of the Ground floor column reinforcements
- Curing of the DPC
- Ground Floor Block work up to lintel level
- Placement of plumbing pipes
- Placement of lintel reinforcements
- Placement of formwork for ground floor columns and lintel
- Concrete work for ground floor columns and lintel
- Ground floor block work from lintel level to first floor slab level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2016
RESULTS
3.1 Placement of Ground floor column reinforcements
The column starter bars were extended up to the first floor level based on the
reinforcement specifications by the structural engineer. A total of 55 Y16 (main bar)
and 37 Y8 (links) was used for the extension.

3.2 Curing of DPC
The concrete was cured to enable the DPC achieve its full strength. A water
hose was used.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by darchiplanhomes(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
Am happy that you guys are delivering the baby i conceived nicely. Keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:35pm On May 01, 2016
Construction Dates

The ground floor stage of the construction commenced on 17th of April, 2016. The DPC-First floor slab stage continued till the 25th of April, 2016 before completion.

Construction Operations
During the construction, involve the performance of the under listed task:

- Curing of the DPC

RESULTS

Placement of Ground floor column reinforcements
The column starter bars were extended up to the first floor level with the reinforcement specifications by the structural engineer. A total of 55 Y16 and 37 Y8 was used for the extension.

fig 1.0 Continuation of column reinforcement up to first floor slab
Curing of DPC
The concrete was cured to enable the DPC achieve its full strength. A water hose was used.

Fig 1.1 concrete curing
Ground Floor blockwork up to lintel level
The blocks were laid based on the architectural specifications. A total of 3517 number of 9” blocks was laid while 90 number of 6” block was laid. 50 bags of cement was used for the mortar joint.

Fig 1.2 ground floor block work

Fig 1.3 continuation of ground floor block work

Placement of plumbing pipes
There was a change from the agreed type of plumbing work to be executed for the building . The change involved a switch from surface to conduit plumbing, which caused the chiseling and breaking of the dc and walls respectively. The openings created was patched with mortar. A total of 2 bags was used to patch up the openings.
Fig 1.4 Waste and water supply pipes

Fig 1.5 Waste and water supply pipes
Placement of lintel reinforcement.
The 10mm diameter high yield reinforcement was used for the lintel with 8mm diameter high yield links spaced at 300mm center to center according to the Nigerian building specifications. A total of 52 Y10 and 22 Y8 number of high yield reinforcement was used.

Fig 1.6 lintel reinforcements

3.6 Placement of formwork for ground floor columns and lintel
The formwork was placed with precision and adequate brace to avoid
failure of the formwork. A total of 93 number of planks was used.
Fig 1.7 columns braced to building code specifications.

Fig 1.8 columns and lintel braced to building code specifications.

Concrete work for ground floor columns and lintel
This was done in accordance to the Nigerian building code and the structural engineers specifications. The lintel was constructed along the entire perimeter of the building to prevent sancrete block cracks and allow for adjustment of the building plan during future renovations. A total of 106 bags of cement was used for the concrete work.

Fig 1.9 shows concrete work for the columns and lintel

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2016
Summary of ground floor work

SIX BEDROOM DUPLEX CONSTRUCTION

Introduction

Between the 17th of April and 25th of April 2016, Harney Projects commenced the ground floor construction of a six-bedroom duplex located at Amurri, Enugu state. For Financial purposes the project was broken into four stages: substructure, ground floor, first floor slab, first floor and roof

Construction Objectives

This report presents the result for the Ground floor stage (DPC to ground floor level). The objective of this stage is to construct a structurally sound and durable structure while considering economy without compromising building standards and specifications.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2016
Fig 2.0 shows concrete work for the columns and lintel

Fig 2.1 lintel along the entire perimeter of the building
Ground floor blockwork from lintel to first floor level
Following the architectural specified height of the ground floor, two course of sancrete blocks was laid to attain the specified height. A total of 870 number of 9” block and 29 number of 6” block was laid. 15 bags of cement was used for the mortar joint.

Fig 2.2 Continuation of Ground floor blockwork after lintel level

Fig 2.3 front view of the building after completion of ground floor

Fig 2.2 front view of the building after completion of the ground floor stage
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2016
Here is the third stage of the work : this stage involve the following activities
1. formwork to first floor beam and slab (decking)
2. first floor slab reinforcement details
3. electrical conduit pipes
4. waste pipe conduit work
5. casting of first floor slab work

DECKING WORK DURATION: 14 days 4/22/16 TO 5/5/16
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Share)
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2016
work updates

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:51pm On May 01, 2016
more updates

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:53pm On May 01, 2016
more

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 2:07pm On May 01, 2016
more updates

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Mayor78: 5:45am On May 02, 2016
Good job guys! Waiting for breakdown of the decking stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2016
Mayor78:
Good job guys! Waiting for breakdown of the decking stage.

cost breakdown is coming soon sir..
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:58pm On May 03, 2016
Making of concrete cover:
Dimensions of cover for slab 75x75x 25mm
Type of curing : wet

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:00pm On May 05, 2016
Stair case formwork

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2016
Reinforcement detailing work

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:11pm On May 05, 2016
More updates

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Saintee2009(m): 8:00am On May 07, 2016
abdulwastecx:
more information about the isolated pad footing also non as column base.
we have two type of these footings as specified by the design enginner.
pad type one with plan dimension of 1100mm x 1100mm and depth of 450mm (18"wink
pad type two of two number with plan dimension of 1800mm x 1100mm and depth of 45mm (18"wink

How do we achieve this on site?
we get the job done by first digging the strip footings up to the required depth of 900mm and after that the space for the pad is dug down byand additional 250mm
Good day sir, sorry for dragging you bk a bit. Does that mean we'll have to dig down an additional 250mm for the isolated footing? Making the total (900 + 250) Moreso, why 250mm when the depth of the isolated footing is 450mm? Thanks for your usual clarification. Huge fan. Graduate civil engineer smiley

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Saintee2009(m): 8:23am On May 07, 2016
abdulwastecx:
the column base were specify to be 1100mm x 1100mm and 450mm thick

the reinforcement for the pad footing is 1100-50 = 1050mm, allowing a cover of 25mm both side.
the spacing of the reinforcement is 150mm center to center , 1050/150 = 7 bars both ways making a total of 14 bar
anchorage length of 150mm both side making a total of 1050 + 300mm = 1500mm

total number of bar for the 36 pad footings = 12/1.5 = 8bars per each length of iron
since i need 36 x 14 = 504nr of bars /8
we will be needing 63 length of Y12 for the 36 foundation footings

for the remaining two combine footing of dimension 2100mm x 1100mm ( we realize that 1800mm x1100mm will be inadequate so we have to change the longer side to 2100mm)
the pad is doubly reinforced because of the action or hogging moment

Sorry sir, i "think" there was a minor mistake in the calculation. (1050 + 300 = 1350) thereby making it 12m(length of reinforcement in m) divided by 1350mm(1.35m) = 8.888nos.
On other hand, i guess you used 1.5m so as to get accurate figure (cool right? Just a little clarification needed. Thank you sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Saintee2009(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2016
abdulwastecx:
More updates
Formwork to dpc
Casting of stair starter bar
I noticed the hollow blocks were not filled with concrete prior to casting of the dpc. A little insight sir. Thanks sir.
Sorry for my numerous questions sir.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Saintee2009(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Making of concrete cover: Dimensions of cover for slab 75x75x 25mm Type of curing : wet
A little explanation sir for olodos like me in the house. Thank you sir.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Saintee2009(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Construction Dates

The ground floor stage of the construction commenced on 17th of April, 2016. The DPC-First floor slab stage continued till the 25th of April, 2016 before completion.

Construction Operations
During the construction, involve the performance of the under listed task:

- Curing of the DPC

RESULTS

Placement of Ground floor column reinforcements
The column starter bars were extended up to the first floor level with the reinforcement specifications by the structural engineer. A total of 55 Y16 and 37 Y8 was used for the extension.

fig 1.0 Continuation of column reinforcement up to first floor slab
Curing of DPC
The concrete was cured to enable the DPC achieve its full strength. A water hose was used.

Fig 1.1 concrete curing
Ground Floor blockwork up to lintel level
The blocks were laid based on the architectural specifications. A total of 3517 number of 9” blocks was laid while 90 number of 6” block was laid. 50 bags of cement was used for the mortar joint.

Fig 1.2 ground floor block work

Fig 1.3 continuation of ground floor block work

Placement of plumbing pipes
There was a change from the agreed type of plumbing work to be executed for the building . The change involved a switch from surface to conduit plumbing, which caused the chiseling and breaking of the dc and walls respectively. The openings created was patched with mortar. A total of 2 bags was used to patch up the openings.
Fig 1.4 Waste and water supply pipes

Fig 1.5 Waste and water supply pipes
Placement of lintel reinforcement.
The 10mm diameter high yield reinforcement was used for the lintel with 8mm diameter high yield links spaced at 300mm center to center according to the Nigerian building specifications. A total of 52 Y10 and 22 Y8 number of high yield reinforcement was used.

Fig 1.6 lintel reinforcements

3.6 Placement of formwork for ground floor columns and lintel
The formwork was placed with precision and adequate brace to avoid
failure of the formwork. A total of 93 number of planks was used.
Fig 1.7 columns braced to building code specifications.

Fig 1.8 columns and lintel braced to building code specifications.

Concrete work for ground floor columns and lintel
This was done in accordance to the Nigerian building code and the structural engineers specifications. The lintel was constructed along the entire perimeter of the building to prevent sancrete block cracks and allow for adjustment of the building plan during future renovations. A total of 106 bags of cement was used for the concrete work.

Fig 1.9 shows concrete work for the columns and lintel
You're three much sir. Godspeed
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:04pm On May 07, 2016
Saintee2009:

Good day sir, sorry for dragging you bk a bit. Does that mean we'll have to dig down an additional 250mm for the isolated footing? Making the total (900 + 250) Moreso, why 250mm when the depth of the isolated footing is 450mm? Thanks for your usual clarification. Huge fan. Graduate civil engineer smiley

You have to dig 300mm, where we have 50mm as the blinding while 225mm is the Isolated pad footings.

The reason why I have 225mm inside after 900mm is that the foundation is a combination of isolated pad footings and strip footing, so the other strip of 225mm plus the initial 225m will equal to 450mm. Note: since the pad and strip are monolithically cast together.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:05pm On May 07, 2016
Saintee2009:

I noticed the hollow blocks were not filled with concrete prior to casting of the dpc. A little insight sir. Thanks sir.
Sorry for my numerous questions sir.

They were filled with broken blocks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. / My Portharcourt Eneka 6 Flats Project. / Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.