Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu (38172 Views)

Semi Detached Six Bedroom Duplex At Bodija Ibadan For Rent / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by kopell: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Another big lesson learned... though we send him an agreement letter but he insisted that he doesn't do that, that he prefer word of mouth, we never expected things to work out this way. Part of the learning curve my oga. We will keep learning to be better
Word of mouth
is the name of the game, he knew what he want to do from the beginning. There is a reason it's end this way. Professional you guys have proving you can handle issues nor matters how bad it is. Better once will come your way, stay blessed.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2016
n3xt:
Well done. Abdulwastecx and Podosci, so many lessons to learn from this.

I've been there and I can tell you. It doesn't work 99% of time due to ethnic rivalry, language barrier and logistics issue (it's so difficult to manage issues from area that you're completely new to).

As per contracts, here's my advice to you. Forget the paperwork, if possible forget the builders quote (it doesn't work most times except you get lucky).

Let the owner get a QS estimate for his build. Prepare the scope of work and payment schedule with dates. Have a lawyer sign the contract on your behalf. Also ensure you include the deliverables and responsibilities of both parties into the contract document.

I've found out that most issues can be prevented if business are done this way.

________
Don't be surprised that the man who took over has been with you for months observing and harping on why you should be replaced?

#SpeakingFromExperience

Thank you boss.

It was a Smoot ride for us, we settled well in the locality, people there were friendly and they missed our absence. Ethnicity was never the issue for us because my cast were ethnically diverse. My iron bender is an ibo guy from imo state, electrician a guy that has been with me since port Harcourt is an ibo guy from ebonyi state, my carpenters were hausas and yorubas, Amy brick layers were hausas and yorubas, most of my labor were igbos and hausas. I have a very diverse group of committed young men working for me.

We started the project with one Mr prince (a civil engineering graduate not too sure), he was in charge of logistics, procurements of materials and general running around. He was very helpful and humble and he is guy that was interested in the good of the project, he was a young guy in out age bracket and we enjoy working with him. He put in lot of effort, sometimes I do pity him from the stress inflated on him from Mr in lagos.

He was always around and made things easier for us. We settled down quickly with him.
Later run Mr Chidi (the main owners relative) join the party, he was also good and we get along very well. All these men were good people and have nothing to do with what happen here.

Mr understanding of the whole issue was that Mr Tony wanted people he can control any how, he saw young enthusiasts people like us and he taught that yes!! '' These guys are small and they can be treated any how job wish''

I may be a small dude but I am not that naive to understand basic things, a man in his late twenties and early thirties in a country with life expectancy rate of 45years is not that small. I am not any way insinuating that we have seen it all but I know I am old enough to make decisions for my self, I am a responsible father and a husband, podosci is also a father.

I don't believe any of those two guys were responsible for what happened since Mr Tony told them not to visit the site again after we left and he refuse to pay them the money he was owing them.

As a matter of fact, Harney team leader (either or podosci or abdulwastecx or both) were always on ground throughout the whole duration of the project, we supervised the whole project based on the structural design and where errors were made with the design we called on the parties involved before any correction were made. We have all the conversation recorded.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by segcymoor(m): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2016
NL1960:

With the intelligence, knowledge and professionalism they have displayed here, the sky is their starting point. They have made me to fall in love with Civil Engineering to the extent that iam now being tempted to consider switching the Mechanical Engineering i was considering for my son to Civil Engineering. Iam a big great fan of Mechanical Engineering.
Civil for Mechanical......abeg don't make that mistake

-------
I just came through this thread.
Hmnn. Client has been cheating contractor since 100BC grin

.I ve been victim sometimes. But I wish I didn't come across such client in the future. Some people could be funny regarding money issues.

Guy,Take heart!

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Please sir don't take it personal, I see nothing wrong from what my fastshipping wrote, it is his personal decision not to reveal the identity of the man that messed up his job and we should be okay with that decision.

It is quite unfortunate that things pan out this way between us and the owner representative but we try all we could to get in touch with the owner to clarify issue but the writing on wal shows that he knows everything about what really happened.

We made this mistake because we have been fortunate to work with people that are very good, open minded and always ready to listen to us when we have problem on site. Our anambra job is a good example of what can be done with listening and understanding owner, we started the job last year August and we about to complete the building, I pay that the almighty provide him with fun to complete the job in face of rising cost.

The owner of the anambra project came here and he commented on this issues, he is a good reference point on how a client should behave and organize project, we have learned a lot from his organization skills and we are still learning.

It was painful to be treated the way Mr Tony treated us, the day we left the site one of his representative on site (a good guy that is my friend now), he called the guy to instruct him not to let us leave the site that we have to balance him money because of what he term our disagreement not to complete the job. Unknowingly for him, Mr prince put the phone on loudspeaker and we heard all the things he said and he wasn't even ashamed of himself at that age (I heard that he is an elderly man in his sixties). After he dropped the call, in front of every one podosci called him 5 times and he refused to pick the call. Everyone was there and I have indulge Mr prince (one of the two supervisor appointed by Mr Tony) to open up a nairaland account so that he can also contribute on this topic because up till now he alleged that they haven't settled his outstanding payment up to about N300,000.

The whole issue was really a big surprise to is, we have never worked for people without the integrity of the structure in mind. At every milestone we have to talk, act as if we are the owner, demand for good materials and insisting they do the right things.
Am not taking it personal but stating the obvious here, Fast shipping is a sissy. He started the insult in his post and i had to reply him, read his post again and see the way he crassly displayed his ignorance here on this matter. We have not supported the client on this issue or come against you guys, in our posting on this issues we have subtly expressed our displeasure on the client

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by n3xt(m): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2016
Just let it slide before it turn into a party.

We thank God for no accident recorded.

Best regards,

Brabus.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by segcymoor(m): 9:48am On Jun 19, 2016
abdulwastecx:
we need professional eye to get the job moving....day three on the job
blinding of the column base, permit me to introduce my partner and a new father mr podosci....

we have 38 column bases and according the structural design we have the following information
pad one 1100mm x 1100mm x 75mm (blinding for column base)
pad type 2 : 2100 x 1100mm x 75mm (blinding for combine base)

volume of concrete = 1.1 x 1.1 x 0.075 x 36(number of column base 1) = 3.267cubic meter
volume of concrete for combine base = 2.1 x 1.1 x 0.075 x 2 (number of column base 2 ) = 0.035cubic meters
total volume of concrete = 3.302cubic meters (increasing this value by 25% to cater for losses ) = 1.25 x 3.302 =4.13cubic meters
for the blinding we are going to use 1:3:6 by weight (this translate to about 4.25bags per cubic meter)
total bags of cement required = 4.25 x 4.125 = 18bags of cement
since we are batching by weight, for sand we have 18 x 50 x 3/1000 = 2.7 tonnes of sand = 3tonnes of and
for gravel = 3 x 2 = 6tonnes of gravel
Sorry for taking u back, please any reason for not combining this columns base that looks very close.

-------
You ve done very well!
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2016
segcymoor:

Sorry for taking u back, please any reason for not combining this columns base that looks very close.

-------
You ve done very well!
Combined colunm base is for colunm base that overlaps each other not for colunm base that are very close. And before combinining the base we have to redesign and locate the center of gravity when we take into action the two colunms acting on the combined base. Like we nited earlier the strcutral drawing was not done by us, So professional ethics compels us to assume the designs are accurate unless when its very very obvious that there is an error

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Druman(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2016
@Harney project team; all hope is not lost if actually you feel cheated. You can file a case if you discover that any section of the contract was breached. If, not just let go. There are clause for contract termination. If you guys are the one who breached the contract; the client too has right to sue you guys if way you claim are not fact. Because no one has heard from the client. Just my two pence.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Druman:
@Harney project team; all hope is not lost if actually you feel cheated. You can file a case if you discover that any section of the contract was breached. If, not just let go. There are clause for contract termination. If you guys are the one who breached the contract; the client too has right to sue you guys if way you claim are not fact. Because no one has heard from the client. Just my two pence.

We have let it slide.... That is behind us now. We are grateful to almighty Allah for good health and more blessing. We just you want guys to know why we left the site and we don't want to create any scene because of our Integrity

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
back2sender:

Your comments are despicable, The owner has been called out here by a famous and upright nlanders to come and explain his own side and even before this when the Builders gave an insight on what was going on fellow nlanders responded. You that was defrauded and you were not bold enuf to call a spade a spade! You come here calling people girly, naa you girly pass because at your advanced age you are not straight forward and cannot speak boldly or maybe naa you even defraud the builder!!! And to think you are based in the diaspora where things like this are not hidden shows you yourself get K-LEG in characters. Iranu abasha

Who gives a damn what you think or did I tell you I'm in pain that I lost money? Why don't you mind your damn business instead of mouthing off and displaying foolishness? Was my post directed to you or lastpage? My post was never to report what happened to anyone. Who made the rule that I MUST report any infraction at my site to the people of nairaland? Some of you need life out of nairaland property section. If you have work or something tangible to do with your life, you wouldn't be worried about what happened at my site for the past 3-4 days that you have continued to wail. Damn it! You need to get a life and get busy with something tangible. I refuse to grant you permission to cry more than the bereaved.

In my post to lastpage, I was only showing what humility can do or would have done to brabus. In my own case the guy was remorseful and that prevented me from humiliating him in the public. Do I have the right to talk about it despite his apology? The answer is yes. If the guy wasn't apologetic enough, I would have shown him to the public in full. I dealt with my case the way I see fit without any contribution from a ragtag internet warrior like you. This is the way I prefer to deal with what happened and not the way you want me to deal with it. My post was not directed to anyone except lastpage. Some of you that never even bought cement in your life coming here to say rubbish. As a matter of fact, I brought up the issue last year. It wasn't even new and some of your fellow internet warrior and chestbeaters are now acting like they just heard about it.

If you don't like the way I dealt with it, go ahead and kill yourself.

Again, you are a very foolish boy and need to get a life away from nairaland instead of looking for "fraudster" to take out your frustration on.

N.B

Normally, I don't derail or throw insults but you deserve everything I said here. Sorry to anyone offended by my response to this kid.

8 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:

Who gives a damn what you think or did I tell you I'm in pain that I lost money? Why don't you mind your damn business instead of mouthing off and displaying foolishness? Was my post directed to you or lastpage? My post was never to report what happened to anyone. Who made the rule that I MUST report any infraction at my site to the people of nairaland? Some of you need life out of nairaland property section. If you have work or something tangible to do with your life, you wouldn't be worried about what happened at my site for the past 3-4 days that you have continued to wail. Damn it! You need to get a life and get busy with something tangible. I refuse to grant you permission to cry more than the bereaved.

In my post to lastpage, I was only showing what humility can do or would have done to brabus. In my own case the guy was remorseful and that prevented me from humiliating him in the public. Do I have the right to talk about it despite his apology? The answer is yes. If the guy wasn't apologetic enough, I would have shown him to the public in full. I dealt with my case the way I see fit without any contribution from a ragtag internet warrior like you. This is the way I prefer to deal with what happened and not the way you want me to deal with it. My post was not directed to anyone except lastpage. Some of you that never even bought cement in your life coming here to say rubbish. As a matter of fact, I brought up the issue last year. It wasn't even new and some of your fellow internet warrior and chestbeaters are now acting like they just heard about it.

If you don't like the way I dealt with it, go ahead and kill yourself.

Again, you are a very foolish boy and need to get a life away from nairaland instead of looking for "fraudster" to take out your frustration on.

N.B

Normally, I don't derail or throw insults but you deserve everything I said here. Sorry to anyone offended by my response to this kid.
You are a sissy and not man enough a mumb head and a foolish man. In america where you are do people commit such frauds repeatedly in the open and go scott free? Tomorrow you will come here and say Nigeria no dey develop, when people like cover up evil. Baba agbaya oshi see as your Tail dey behind your back, no difference between you and my bingo when afraid.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Find something tangible to do with your miserable life instead of looking for so called "fraudster" to fight online.

Find work to do. Oponu akidanidani omo kekere! grin
Baba oshi radarada. Its you that your life and that of your generations are useless. An old man covering fraud which means you are a fraudster yourself because it takes 2 to tango. I will keep saying it you are a sissy and a foooolish man, your tail behind your back.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by TLAX: 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Thank you boss.

It was a Smoot ride for us, we settled well in the locality, people there were friendly and they missed our absence. Ethnicity was never the issue for us because my cast were ethnically diverse. My iron bender is an ibo guy from imo state, electrician a guy that has been with me since port Harcourt is an ibo guy from ebonyi state, my carpenters were hausas and yorubas, Amy brick layers were hausas and yorubas, most of my labor were igbos and hausas. I have a very diverse group of committed young men working for me.

We started the project with one Mr prince (a civil engineering graduate not too sure), he was in charge of logistics, procurements of materials and general running around. He was very helpful and humble and he is guy that was interested in the good of the project, he was a young guy in out age bracket and we enjoy working with him. He put in lot of effort, sometimes I do pity him from the stress inflated on him from Mr in lagos.

He was always around and made things easier for us. We settled down quickly with him.
Later run Mr Chidi (the main owners relative) join the party, he was also good and we get along very well. All these men were good people and have nothing to do with what happen here.

Mr understanding of the whole issue was that Mr Tony wanted people he can control any how, he saw young enthusiasts people like us and he taught that yes!! '' These guys are small and they can be treated any how job wish''

I may be a small dude but I am not that naive to understand basic things, a man in his late twenties and early thirties in a country with life expectancy rate of 45years is not that small. I am not any way insinuating that we have seen it all but I know I am old enough to make decisions for my self, I am a responsible father and a husband, podosci is also a father.

I don't believe any of those two guys were responsible for what happened since Mr Tony told them not to visit the site again after we left and he refuse to pay them the money he was owing them.

As a matter of fact, Harney team leader (either or podosci or abdulwastecx or both) were always on ground throughout the whole duration of the project, we supervised the whole project based on the structural design and where errors were made with the design we called on the parties involved before any correction were made. We have all the conversation recorded.

You and Pososci have discharged yourself well and you have nothing to worry about. The way life works is that the dividend for this project is further down the road in many folds.

Thanks for the epic lesson to Brabus about work place diversity and not seeking the well beaten path of blaming personal failures on ethnicity, religion and the devil!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by TLAX: 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
back2sender:

Baba oshi radarada. Its you that your life and that of your generations are useless. An old man covering fraud which means you are a fraudster yourself because it takes 2 to tango. I will keep saying it you are a sissy and a foooolish man, your tail behind your back.

FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Look at the way you are displaying your foolishness and stupidity. So because I didn't come to nairaland property section to open a thread it has become "covering fraud" to you. grin

I repeat, it is nobody's business how I deal with what happened at my site. No rule that says anyone should open a thread and let the whole world know what happen at any work site.

Continue to exercise your right and display your foolishness on a Sunday afternoon.

You are such a foolish and hopeless nonentity looking for someone to put you out of your misery.

It is your right to wail, cry, and eventually kill yourself. No one cares.

Here is a noose. Go ahead and kill yourself.

Are we still on this? The matter has shifted to this thread. This thread is even more active now than when the building was in progress.

Nothing as good as an "insult trading opportunity" to stir things up. grin

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by TLAX: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
n3xt:
Since you love my stories, here's one from my PH project to teach you some lessons.

You'll recollect the 6" block saga in the "Let's build this house" project.

Here's the other part of the story.

There's no need to recapture how the client came on Nairaland with his builders estimate to build the house and everyone including myself told him that the quote is fair to some extent even though all of us are not really familiar with the terrain.

You'll think I've done what I should have done. No! I went ahead to request that they should get me a local engineer who is familiar with the terrain to work with till we have a good understanding of the work environment. This will help us a lot especially in an environment where the major prob is language barrier.
I[b] never knew I was setting up myself for failure with this singular act. [/b]

To cut the long story short, we left the project and the same man you see in blue jean in the picture below finished up the house.

Halleluyah!

Brabus
________
Moral of the lesson | Beware of the praise singers.

I am not sure the situation you described above is the same as the one these two young men faced. I remember that build...let's just let by gones be by gones and not try to rewrite history. E no go favour you.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
TLAX:

Are we still on this? The matter has shifted to this thread. This thread is even more active now than when the building was in progress.

Nothing as good as an "insult trading opportunity" to stir things up. grin
Dont mind the senile old fuul that is a sissy, am ready for him. He was jumping up and down like a frog that his throwing shades on clients based on the experience the owner of this post said on the enugu building and i had to Point it to him that we have never supported the owner of this project here and a highly respected nlanders has mentioned the client needs to say its own side, even my humble SELF has asked Darchiplan the architect to look into this since it Seems he has contact with the owner. The old corrupt haggard fuul hiding in america had the temerity to come and dance naked here and trust me i will play the bata for him to dance well. He has his tail behind his back, A sissy! You need to man up like the madam tell you when the issue of the shyster carpentar came up.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
Keep wailing cry

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:
Keep wailing cry
Baba Oshi, A senile old fuul. Have you cut off your tail behind your back grin cool. Supporting frauds since 1860codedly and profiteering from it. we know your type, Iranu abasha!!!!

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

It is all member of your family that are cursed. Whatever you wish my children shall befall every of your household in a million folds. Now I see I hit a nerve of a cursed kid that got you to bring my family into discussion.

So my country of residence is the next thing you want to wail about now? Enjoy mosquitoes infested face me I face you house of yours. grin grin

Keep on wailing.
I never start you don dey cry pele baba sissy, i live in a face me i face you at least with my legitimate income and not a fraudster hiding in america. Your children lives will be ruined the way the shyster Builder ruined the projects of alot of people here. Thier lives will sink the way kc1building is sinking, thier lives will jammed with fakes. Oya say Amen to it. Wetin be america my wife goes to phil every year for a month vacation so been in america is not a big deal idiot Omo ale jatijati a big fuul at 60. Keep it coming, i will baff you with concrete Iranu abasha SLOW SHIPPING, A sissy!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Trash. I wish your children everything you wrote there.

Oponu arindin. You son of a wh0re!

I can see I hit you so badly that you had to start throwing feet. grin grin grin grin
Baba SLOW SHIPPING =A SENILE OLD Fuul =A SISSY.
Your mama too is a LovePeddler, she is well known in empire at mushin grin. Even your Neighbour is shagging your wife under your nose, your wife too na LovePeddler ooooo.
Your children lives will be use to play kalokalo like thier fathers live a fraudster hiding in america. Omo ale jatijati. After i finish casting you i will put a beam on your head. Have you cut off your tail behind?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 6:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
[.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

It is all member of your family that are cursed. Whatever you wish my children shall befall every of your household in a million folds. Now I see I hit a nerve of a cursed kid that got you to bring my family into discussion.

So my country of residence is the next thing you want to wail about now? Enjoy mosquitoes infested face me I face you house of yours. grin grin

Keep on wailing.
See as all your teeth don finish for mouth, so this is how you look? suffer no good ooooo, if america no good for you make you come back home.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Go and sleep you son of a dog. I have given you enough beating today. grin
Match never start you don dey seke. I understand your condition baba slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by back2sender: 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Go and sleep you son of a dog. I have given you enough beating today. grin
Your mama naa dog work she do for empire cool cooleven your wife dey do the same for america. Baba slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by FastShipping: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2016

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) / New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. / Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.