Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? (2007 Views)

What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 9:02am On Apr 12, 2016
It seems that is the only prayer-point that crosses my minister's mind and it makes me wonder "what if I am my own enemy?". Is it right to pray for the death of all your enemies?
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by excellencyabia1: 9:27am On Apr 12, 2016
Depends on what you call your enemy. Like somebody once asked why do angels fight when they don't die? You have to understand that as long as christianity is concern, it is not all about physical.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by johnydon22(m): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2016
I want you to remember something, Since you consider someone an enemy remember you also is being considered an enemy by the person or someone else.

So if the prayer is for enemies to die you also is not safe since you are also someone else's enemy

From the fact above, determine what you'd like.

If there are God(s) and they listened to the prayers of men, all mankind would have quickly perished because they always pray for bad things to befall another

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by kadas01(m): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2016
Very stupid prayer line by the "majority" who "ironically" are "spiritually indolent"!

Anyways, they should put it at the back of their minds that even our MESSIAH, CHRIST JESUS, "admonished" humans to pray for their enemies! (Matthew 5:44)
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Justmary06:
It seems that is the only prayer-point that crosses my minister's mind and it makes me wonder "what if I am my own enemy?". Is it right to pray for the death of all your enemies?

Praying that your enemies should die is a revelation of a murderous intent and demonic influence on a man's heart. This is not a christian prayer but a prayer originating from the pit of hell.

Sadly though it resonates with alot of Nigerians who do not understand the christian faith. Jesus said "pray for your enemies...bless those who curse you" Luke 6:28

God has used many enemies of the church for his glory. Saul later called Paul was on a mission to kill christians before his conversion. Cyrus the Persian King was used by God.

You should withdrawal from this your minister. He is not a christian if all he does is pray for the death of his enemies. I bet if given a knife he may as well slaughter his percieved enemies. Jesus preached love not hate.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
ApostleT:

Praying that your enemies should die is a revelation of a murderous intent and demonic influence on a man's heart. This is not a christian prayer but a prayer originating from the pit of hell.
Please stop lying. Satan doesn't pray.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by itstpia8: 2:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
is anyone immortal?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

You can pray for the death of your enemy since na you get your mouth, however, your enemy's death will not prevent your own death whether sooner or later.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by itstpia8: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
johnydon22:

If there are God(s) and they listened to the prayers of men, all mankind would have quickly perished because they always pray for bad things to befall another

If God were man, the earth would be empty.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2016
excellencyabia1:
Depends on what you call your enemy. Like somebody once asked why do angels fight when they don't die? You have to understand that as long as christianity is concern, it is not all about physical.
I know bt I always get this vibe that the prayers are directed to people in the physical. People lik me nd yu who are considered enemies.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by itstpia8: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
it's ignorance and short sightedness.

Everybody is an enemy to somebody, shouting your enemy's name simply because they havent shouted yours yet, doesnt mean you are in the right.

Its not a question of who first identifies an enemy, but are you applying sense in your life.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2016
johnydon22:
I want you to remember something, Since you consider someone an enemy remember you also is being considered an enemy by the person or someone else.

So if the prayer is for enemies to die you also is not safe since you are also someone else's enemy

From the fact above, determine what you'd like.

You just voiced out my thought in a clearer version. Thats what I feel too. But yu sound lik yu dont bliv in God's existence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
kadas01:
Very stupid prayer line by the "majority" who "ironically" are "spiritually indolent"!

Anyways, they should put it at the back of their minds that even our MESSIAH, CHRIST JESUS, "admonished" humans to pray for their enemies! (Matthew 5:44)
When you encounter such prayer-points in church, what do you do instead?
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
ApostleT:

Sadly though it resonates with alot of Nigerians who do not understand the christian faith. Jesus said "pray for your enemies...bless those who curse you" Luke 6:28

God has used many enemies of the church for his glory. Saul later called Paul was on a mission to kill christians before his conversion. Cyrus the Persian King was used by God.

You should withdrawal from this your minister. He is not a christian if all he does is pray for the death of his enemies. I bet if given a knife he may as well slaughter his percieved enemies. Jesus preached love not hate.

I dnt think he is capable of commiting such atrosity. I think some ministers think their life is a kind of battle and d only weapon dey need is prayer. The battle just happen to have no end.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Please stop lying. Satan doesn't pray.
Satan do pray, prayer is a form of communication between anyform of beings either spiritual or physical nd God. And def, even though he has been casted out of heaven he still prays.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by kadas01(m): 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
Justmary06:

When you encounter such prayer-points in church, what do you do instead?
Sincerely, I would stop attending such a church!

A church is suppose to be a "place of worship"! NOT a "place for cursing"!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2016
itstpia8:
it's ignorance and short sightedness.

Everybody is an enemy to somebody, shouting your enemy's name simply because they havent shouted yours yet, doesnt mean you are in the right.

Its not a question of who first identifies an enemy, but are you applying sense in your life.
You got me raelly confused
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by excellencyabia1: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
Justmary06:

I know bt I always get this vibe that the prayers are directed to people in the physical. People lik me nd yu who are considered enemies.
then it is there problem
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by itstpia8: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
Justmary06:

You got me raelly confused

just speaking generally.

Shouting and cursing at enemies only multiplies them.

If an enemy drops dead due to "die my enemy" prayer, expect at least a hundred more to replace the person, all targeting the "enemy dier".
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
Justmary06:

Satan do pray, prayer is a form of communication between anyform of beings either spiritual or physical nd God. And def, even though he has been casted out of heaven he still prays.
So, ehn, Satan prays? Like in Jesus name? undecided

Pls, which Satan is this?
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by dblackninja: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

grin Please don't make me laugh this bloody evening.. In J's name...rotfl cheesy
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
Christians of the 21st century just have this wrong notion that God has a plan(blueprint) specially designed to make them prosper... if they are not "prospering" then "enemies somewhere are at work."

That was how I used think

God of the Bible used to kill "enemies" by fire, water, lightening, angel of deaths, famine, genocide etc... at least that is what the stories say.

I don't blame them for believing in these stories, I blame them for not thinking. The whole world except the Israelites were once God's enemies.

God must have needed so many enemies to test his wits...

1 Like

Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by verboten: 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
It shows the amount of ill will that supposed children of God bear in their hearts. They believe they worship an omnipotent God and yet the only solution they can think of for a situation of enmity is death. How about just turning the enemy into a friend or making him forget that you exist or making him forget about the enmity? If you must hurt him you can even ask for him to be so overwhelmed by problems that he won't have time for you. Why is death all they can come up with?

I thinks it's just hurtful people showing who they really are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by johnydon22(m): 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
Justmary06:

You just voiced out my thought in a clearer version. Thats what I feel too. But yu sound lik yu dont bliv in God's existence.

Correct observation!!!
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Buddhist, Hindian, Judaist, Baha'i, Wiccanist, Sikh, Taoist (my fav religion after Christianity), even Sango worshippers do not say "in Jesus name" yet they all pray. Like I said earlier, Prayer is just a form of spiritual communication. You pray when trying to communicate with Spiritual being more powerful than you. Satan who you seem to admire is of lower power compared to God.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
verboten:
It shows the amount of ill will that supposed children of God bear in their hearts. They believe they worship an omnipotent God and yet the only solution they can think of for a situation of enmity is death. How about just turning the enemy into a friend or making him forget that you exist or making him forget about the enmity? If you must hurt him you can even ask for him to be so overwhelmed by problems that he won't have time for you. Why is death all they can come up with?

I thinks it's just hurtful people showing who they really are.
True talk. Besids I beliv death is an easy get away. In d bible, we have stories where God actually suffers those he considers as enemy bt hardly to d point of death. I beliv that its best if your enemy is kept alive inorder to witness the wonders of God.
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 12:02am On Apr 13, 2016
Pyrrho:
Christians of the 21st century just have this wrong notion that God has a plan(blueprint) specially designed to make them prosper... if they are not "prospering" then "enemies somewhere are at work." I think its only Africans that think that way.

God of the Bible used to kill "enemies" by fire, water, lightening, angel of deaths, famine, genocide etc... at least that is what the stories say. We are Christians nt Judaists. Christ teachings is all about Peace, Love, Charity, to mention a few. As christians, we should focus more on the new testament.

I don't blame them for believing in these stories, I blame them for not thinking. The whole world except the Israelites were once God's enemies. Smiles... Quite hilarious cheesy smiley
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 12:03am On Apr 13, 2016
johnydon22:

Correct observation!!!
So what do you beliv?
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by johnydon22(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Justmary06:

So what do you beliv?

Let's throw away the whole notion of "Belief" and try to find things out... Belief can be a dishonest thing to hold and an enemy of truthful deductions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Justmary06(f): 9:41am On Apr 13, 2016
johnydon22:

Let's throw away the whole notion of "Belief" and try to find things out... Belief can be a dishonest thing to hold and an enemy of truthful deductions
Interestingly, thats your "Belief". Yu have not fully "thrown yours away"
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by johnydon22(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2016
Justmary06:

Interestingly, thats your "Belief". Yu have not fully "thrown yours away"
LOL... So i am to have a discussion over red herring unless of course you do not know what "belief" is..

then i have nothing more to tell you
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 13, 2016
Justmary06:

I dnt think he is capable of commiting such atrosity. I think some ministers think their life is a kind of battle and d only weapon dey need is prayer. The battle just happen to have no end.

If he wants his enemies to die then he really can kill them with his hands if given the opportunity.

Prayer is a request we make to God. It is not like invoking spirits. It is a communication with God. We must approach God with all reverence and must know that our prayers and supplication are subject to God's will. It is important that a Christian know that his/her prayers will be answered as God wills. Prayer is the place of total submission to God's will. Shouting and screaming and getting angry will not change God's mind. In fact Jesus said God does not want us to get entangled in vain repetition because it will not make God answer us better than someone who is praying silently.

I hope your minister come to the true knowledge of God and prayer
Re: Why Must We Always Pray For The Death Of Our Enemies? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2016
Justmary06:

The same thing annoys me in my mum. She dey pray for enemies to die like a million times in just a single prayer....... Sometimes I go shake my head wan nearly laugh.......... Sometimes I dey tell am: haha how many times you wan make dem die? Once you don talk am, shebi God don hear, why you cum dey talk "die" like 1 million times?

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / Trinity Is Not Biblical / Jesus Is Real - A Living Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.