Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

How It All Began: My Journey Into Landscape Photography - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How It All Began: My Journey Into Landscape Photography (484 Views)

My Venture On Europe Route(my Journey To Europe By Road) / Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? / The Beauty Of A Kenyan Safari . Here's My Journey In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How It All Began: My Journey Into Landscape Photography by Philipsakwari(m): 11:45am On Apr 12, 2016
Growing up, I used to dream of being a medical Doctor. I never knew the course of my life would move towards photography. As a secondary school student, I was a core science student even though I was very poor in mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. My very first close contact with a camera was when my friends and I borrowed a camera to capture ourselves in school uniform towards our final days in secondary school.
We contributed money to buy a 36 exposure film and finished it snapping ourselves at different places especially at such places where we knew we would not drag a photographer to. Some of such places gave us an aesthetic view of the town. I had my secondary education in my home town, Abiriba and my school was located in the most beautiful part of the town. Usually in photography, the most important thing is what the photographer sees and this is what distinguishes him from the rest. If he sees beauty, you are sure that he can create it but if he can't see beauty and aesthetics it will be hard for him to create it. In training a photographer, It is easier to train one on how to capture what he sees but very hard to train someone on how to see what to capture. Beauty can be seen in every little and seemingly insignificant things but the truth is some people can't even see it when it's bold and elaborate. So from this point I realized that the first indication to me that I was made for this profession was my ability to visualize aesthetics at a very tender age. Needless to say that we made a big mess of our snapping expedition because we never knew how to handle the camera. For details go to: http://philipsakwari.com.ng/2016/04/12/how-it-all-began-my-journey-into-landscape-photography/

Re: How It All Began: My Journey Into Landscape Photography by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2016
(In Dr-craze voice) Boss ooooo i hail oo. Nigeria's got talents mehn!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Receiving Western Union Payment / Why Do Federal Road Safety Officers Hide In Corners? / Tumb Printing For Nigerian Drivers License Its Implication On Getting Pp Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.