Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. (8262 Views)

7 Proven Ways To Play Office Politics! / 7 Reasons Why You Should Keep Away From Office Politics / 3 Ways To Deal With People Who Play Office Politics Against You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2016
sunch:
Office politics is a must so that the mediocres wont outshines the brilliants. Seeking for recognition and promotion is the reason we find ourselves in that office, and protecting it is our sheer responsibility. Politics is indeed marketing and selling oneself at the expense of whoever.
undecided
Re: OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. by obstead200(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2016
Chiefpriest1:
Office politics is not bad on its own, but in Nigeria it means leaking your boss' behind.

If you work in this part of the world, you have to learn to do it or you either remain stagnant or get fired during appraisals.

It has affected me in the several places I 've worked, but it's just not me to do anything outside what is official. It's a choice I 've made.

Ps: that backbiting and blackmailing seems to be their biggest tool in Nigeria
u are right.
But as far as I am concerned, corporate politics is a child's play compared to civil service politics. if u work in any MDA, u can testify.
Re: OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. by skylowlow: 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Caracta:
To benefit from office politics, don't pledge allegiance to the ruling party or opposition. Play both sides of the game. Be very smart. The ruling party today could be thrown out tomorrow.

tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. by RareDiamond: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nice One. This is article is true to an extent.
Re: OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. by EmmyDe25(m): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2016
Caracta:
To benefit from office politics, don't pledge allegiance to the ruling party or opposition. Play both sides of the game. Be very smart. The ruling party today could be thrown out tomorrow.
This is so so correct. A colleague of mine is just about to be thrown out on the basis of what you cited. It is a crazy world! Last two weeks have been nightmarish for me. Just couldn't deal with the scheming and the snide comments from different angles. Had to close early yesterday,despite having so much to do just to clear my head.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cross River Uncovers 734 ‘fake Teachers’ / Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff / Question And Answers For Oil And Gas Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.