Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,310 members, 7,954,240 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF (10270 Views)

FG Borrows N5trn From Pension Funds / Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG / FG Borrows N600bn Monthly To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by MadCow1: 10:39am On Apr 13, 2016
Fadman4real:

Sack the whole civil service staff smh talking trash

Nobody said that, but typical Idiot like you who cant read and reason properly would interpret it like that.

You sound so stupid right now I am amazed you can know how to use the internet.

1 Like

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Remii(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2016
donpata:
I think the guy is High on something or its just the propagation of the thing we know zombies with - LIES.
N600B in 10 months is N6trillion. so at the end of the year, our whole federal budget goes to workers? That's a joke. Just to "Augment"? not even the whole salary. Nigeria, I hail thee
the guys may have included support for states too. Fgn budget is N6tr but with states, Nigeria budget is in excess of N12tr. unfortunately only borrowed money can give us capital development this year, in 2016 budget 70% is recurrent, 30% capital but they plan to borrow 37% of funding. In other words, all our earning plus 7% to be borrowed fund is for reccurent aka salaries and emoluments of these vagabonds in power? Smh.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Buchoalfa: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2016
BUBU
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by sn019051: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2016
But of all duplicated civil servants are sacked again everybody will start to scream. Will people vote anyone with vision of sacking this duplicated civil servants?
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by purplekayc(m): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2016
why cant they use the over 41trillion recovered loot?
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by MadCow1: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2016
Trailblazer1:

I suggest they sack the entire civil service to prevent Buhari from borrowing undecided

anything to defend the borrowing dullard is welcome

madcow

re-read the thread and make your modification as necessary

2 Likes

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by rita25(f): 10:43am On Apr 13, 2016
SALARIES THEY AINT EVEN PAYING .........MTWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW angry
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2016
I wonder oooo
samogo1:
INHERITED WHAT? we are tired of all these blames. didn't they kw what they were abt to inherit before giving all those promises? what have they been using all the recovered loots for? yet we are borrowing.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by winterfell007(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2016
when i read comments like we should bear the pain, we are ripping the fruits of PDP sixteen years misgovernance, i ask myself, was Nigeria created sixteen years ago? Did PDP inherit a working and functional government in 1999? was Nigeria one of the countries then to be reckoned with? PDP might have had its failure but stability of the nation is definitely not one of them. for the first time since 1999, Nigerians are actually getting poorer, purchasing power of the citizen is nearly eroded. people tend ascribe the growth of the nation to the oil price, i vehemently refuse to accept that. Nigeria's growth over years was not beacause of her oil wealth but for the market viability and purchasing power of the citizen was on an upswing.

When the Nation's GDP was revised, it showed clearly that economic growth was largely driven by the non oil sector most especially the service sector. Nigeria has a huge service sector we are still to tap from as a source of revenue to the government. Investor didn't come into the country because of her oil wealth but because of the size of the market.

So when APC says the economy is down due to oil price reduction and PDP misgovernance, ask them if the PDP they accuse inherited a rosy economy from the military. A leader is one who looks and profer solution not make of excuses for your inefficiencies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by dustydee: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
APC is suffering from numerical madness.

600,000,000 x 12 = 7.2 trillion.

Our budget is 6.9 trillion.

We are now left with 3billion

How come buhari packed brainless and dullardss around him just to dull theirselves.

600 billion has nine zeros.
Per annum means every year.
Always look before you leap.

2 Likes

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by symbianDON(m): 10:47am On Apr 13, 2016
donpata:
I think the guy is High on something or its just the propagation of the thing we know zombies with - LIES.
N600B in 10 months is N6trillion. so at the end of the year, our whole federal budget goes to workers? That's a joke. Just to "Augment"? not even the whole salary. Nigeria, I hail thee
600bn/annum not 600bn monthly. at any rate I don't believe FG borrows as much as that.

1 Like

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by symbianDON(m): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2016
PROVACATEUR:

Buhari should borrow also from China to pay civil servants

How come buhari packed brainless and dullardss around him just to dull theirselves.

which one did you refuse to do in primary school? arithmetic, English language or both??
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by anonimi: 10:53am On Apr 13, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
How much is being borrowed to fund Buhari's foreign trips?

How much is being BORROWED to feed Buhari in Aso Rock villa

Firefire:

‘A budget that moves domestic spending in Aso Villa from N580m to N1.7bn cannot be a budget of change’

Abuja – Sen. Eyinnaya Abaribe (PDP Abia South) on Wednesday in Abuja, berated the 2016 budget and called on President Muhammaduu Buhari to withdraw it and go back to the drawing board.

Abaribe while making contributions during the consideration of the budget, said the proposal was faulty on many grounds and could not be implemented at it was.

He said that predication of oil benchmark at 38 dollars per barrel when the crude oil price had fallen below 30 dollars per barrel made the budget unrealistic.

Abaribe faulted the government for increasing spending by 30 per cent based on borrowing.

“Mr President, my colleagues, this budget is indeed unique. After the budget presentation, the finance minister has never come to explain the details of the budget as it is normally done.

“It is a budget of change I agree, but it is a change in the wrong direction. I say it is a change in the wrong direction because it says that it is based on zero budgeting requiring all expenses to be fully justified.

“Mr President, a budget that increases spending up to 30 per cent based solely on borrowing, in what way are we justified? That is the question we want to ask the people who brought this budget.

“We know what is going on in the global economy: this budget is predicated on an oil benchmark of 38 dollars per barrel and I can now say that with oil being 28 dollars today, this budget is dead on arrival.

“The job of the opposition is to help the government to get its priorities right, so I want to please urge this government to withdraw this budget and go back to the drawing board,” he said.

The senator also faulted the adjustments made in the budget as well as allocation for spending in the Aso Rock Villa, saying that it was too exorbitant.

He said that the adjustments rather than reduce spending in areas where they were not necessary only spread it into different offices.

“Mr President, a budget that moves domestic spending within Aso Villa from N580 million to N1.7 billion cannot be a budget of change.

“We were told that in the revised budget there was an adjustment due to error, we agree but what has happened is that up to N7 billion were moved from buying vehicles and spread to offices.

“It also increased the spending that is due to renovations within the Villa.

“They are going to renovate the Villa with N3.9 billion: what else do you want to renovate there that Nigerians will see in the Year 2016?” he asked.

However, in his contribution, Sen. Ahmed Lawan (APC Yobe North) blamed the previous administration for the lack of funds due to the embezzlement witnessed in previous governments.

He said that this was the 17th budget he would be debating as a legislator and noted that not more than 40 per cent implementation was achieved in the last 16 years.

“The proposal before us is the first budget where the executive has deemed it necessary to give ordinary Nigerians genuine hope.

“N500 billion allocated for school feeding and social SAFTEY NET is commendable.

“It is time to say oil should not continue to play dominant role as we have suffered economically and politically: it is time to diversify this economy.

“The direction of the executive is the way to go. `That is, we should make every effort to have the real sector-agric mining and manufacturing.

“The budget deserves the support of everyone, including my colleagues on the other side. When we were in the opposition we supported the PDP, they should support us,” he said.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3317046_budgettt_jpegd73bb73944448e30966f27bc22a4c756

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/602809/
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by nell4: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2016
if you like borrow N1000tr. that means the country is a disaster. all these school cert politicians sef.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by omenka(m): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2016
PROATEUR:

600,000,000 x 12 = 7.2 trillion.

Our budget is 6.9 trillion.

We are now left with 3billion

How come buhari packed brainless and
dullardss around him just to dull theirselves.

They said APC suffers from "numerical MADNESS."

They said 600,000,000 multiplied by 12 gave them 7.2 trillion!!

And then they say Buhari is surrounded by "brainless dullardss".

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

You see what hatred can do to one's brain. gringrin

Obiagelli, Modath, Ebukaobi, guys come see greatness!! Same person that chases my shadow all over the forum for God-knows-why..cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by henchamb(m): 11:01am On Apr 13, 2016
donpata:

Illiteracy they say is actually a disease
Annually means yearly not monthly
Moreover he was referring to previous government as this govt is not up to a year

2 Likes

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by mokset123: 11:07am On Apr 13, 2016
These media houses should watch what they churn out to we the populace as par information. Imagine the link says monthly and the report heading says annually, which do we believe?
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Kingspin(m): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2016
Support the national confab report where everybody and part of Nigeria is compel to contribute and key into nation building. Federal continue to tell us rubbish when the country is not working as one. We cannot continue to sharing money monthly if people/state refused to be productive.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by modath(f): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2016
omenka:
They said APC suffers from "numerical MADNESS."

They said 600,000,000 multiplied by 12 gave them 7.2 trillion!!

And then they say Buhari is surrounded by "brainless dullardss".

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

You see what hatred can do to one's brain. gringrin

Obiagelli, Modath, Ebukaobi, guys come see greatness!! Same person that chases my shadow all over the forum for God-knows-why..cheesy

Someone wrote "thierselves" which exists only in "his" imagination, is referring to some other people as "dullards" & you are paying mind to such inanities? grin......

It is a classic case of pointing with one finger & the remaining four fingers doing a reverse "EFF U" sign at the person.. wink cheesy
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Fadman4real(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2016
MadCow1:

Nobody said that, but typical Idiot like you who cant read and reason properly would interpret it like that.

You sound so stupid right now I am amazed you can know how to use the internet.

Madcow1 I didnt insult you, please dont insult me. I understand that you are one of the nairaland children so please dont quote me, I dont sell bobo.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by omenka(m): 11:56am On Apr 13, 2016
modath:

Someone wrote "thierselves" which exists only in "his" imagination, is referring to some other people as "dullards" & you are paying mind to such inanities? grin......

It is a classic case of pointing with one finger & the remaining four fingers doing a reverse "EFF U" sign at the person.. wink cheesy
These explain why I told you the other time: "what is going on in their hearts minds transcend hate- it is a degenerative mental condition".

Such a damn shame.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Honza27(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Leke001: 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
samogo1:
INHERITED WHAT? we are tired of all these blames. didn't they kw what they were abt to inherit before giving all those promises? what have they been using all the recovered loots for? yet we are borrowing.

this is what a person who got no plans for his life does...blame others for his misfortunes;this govt is just a lie
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Knetpro(m): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by FullDepth1: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
donpata:

Just look at your life. Read, you will never read.

If people call you Ineffectual Buffon now, you will say People are Rude.

You dont know what 'Annually' is again...

1 Like

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by cheaperstores: 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
Correction: N600Bln annually not monthly make Nigeria no come quench.
donpata:
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Nusaf: 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
donpata:
Do u understand English? Assignment for u: Find out the meaning of the word 'annually' and make five sentences with it.

1 Like

Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Nbote(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
When d APC were busy making mountains out of molehills during their campaigns, dey didn't count on having to climb mountains.. Something jus doesn't add up, d govt claims it has recovered loads of billions in dollars of looted funds from corrupt officials who have either returned them demselves and have d said sums traced to their accounts. And again d TSA allegedly saved more billions/trillions, and so many other savings and recoveries. And then dis?? Since we seem broke, why haven't d govt com up with austerity measures dat affect dem too and not only d masses? Why are govt official still earning outrageous sums, allowances and bonuses? Why hasn't d govt slashed some of those allowances atleast then we'll know dey are serious.. Hypocrites
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Nusaf: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
IamQuins:
600Million monthly for just salaries, Nigeria is in one big fcking trouble
And is 600Million too much for salaries? Don't be in a hurry to condemn. Read and understand first.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by Nbote(m): 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

GEJ borrowed too to pay salaries.

Fact.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/150506055148505.html

So...you think GEJ was jsut as bad as Buhari was too.... smiley

Wait ooo, there's something I don't get. U all claim GEJ was clueless and as such voted in someone with all the answers. Why exactly do u still cite some of GEJ's "clueless decisions" as a benchmark for dis govt's actions? If u kip citing GEJ's supposed failures as an example for most of the failures of the supposed "Change" govt den it is obvious U are all hypocrites. If ur continuous reason for failures/mistakes is d fact dat someone else failed/made d same mistakes, then u'll have to admit U're a bigger failure who didn't learn.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by aloeman15(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
omenka:
These explain why I told you the other time: "what is going on in their hearts minds transcend hate- it is a degenerative mental condition".

Such a damn shame.
Is the back and forth between you and modath meant to reinforce the validity of your words?
You practice brilliant sophistry by dodging the issue and focusing on the utterly irrelevant.
By this display of shamelessness in the face of our overwhelming suffering, you true nature shows itself- a complete lack of conscience and, dare i say, morality as well.
But I've warned you before: The faceless internet will not save you lot.
Re: FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF by obailala(m): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
samogo1:
Oh yes they knew the problems they were going to inherit and they knew it was going to take time to stabilise things and move the nation forward. The only persons involved in the blame games here are the evil men who created the problems originally and their confused supporters who are wailing and mounting pressure on the new government to solve the problems their heroes created in one day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Nigeria Is Being Painted Red With Blood - Dogara / APC Distributes Membership Registration Materials To States / Renewed Hope: Tinubu’s March Scorecard - PBAT Media Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.