Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: (11387 Views)

Forbes: Net Worth Of Pastor Adeboye Of RCCG Is 39 To 65 Million Dollars / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by winningwinner(m): 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE OF RCCG SPEAKS ON MAKE-UP, JEWELLERY, WIGS & BLEACHED HAIR:

Below are the details of what he said:
The elders have a say, if children of the same mother enters into a room to talk and come out smiling, they have not told each other the truth, Alright so in the next 3 minutes, you might not be smiling, because am going to tell you the truth, because am your daddy, strictly speaking, and I have searched the scripture, there is nowhere that I have found where it is written, if you wear make-up, you will go to hell or you will not make it to heaven, I can’t find it in the bible, no where at all, but I have done my own research, there are two places in the whole bible where references were made to painting of face, only two places, and the two places are bad. One of the places talked about Jezebel. How many of you will name your daughter Jezebel? 2kings,9:30, the day Jezebel was going to die, she did make up properly, painted her face, dented her face with jewelries, but at the end of the day, dog ate her.

The second place is in Jeremiah 4: 29-30 where God was speaking in anger to daughters of Zion, He says when I make up my mind to deal with you, you can paint your face as you like, it is not going to deliver you, read it, you have your Bible to read. Those are the only two places I found, and they are terrible references.

Now as far as am concerned, it is up to you to decide how you want to look, you want to make up, you want to paint yourself, you are at liberty.

If for any reason whatsoever God decides not to allow you to enter heaven, sorry o!!! The point I'm making is this, nobody ever add sugar to honey. Have you seen anybody adding sugar to honey? Anytime you see a piece of furniture that is painted, wooden furniture that is painted, the wood is inferior. When the wood is ebony, nobody paints it, no no no. I think children of God should realise they are precious enough, by the special grace of God and by shed blood of Jesus Christ. They are honey, they don’t need sugar.

Some people go about in the name of fashion wearing wigs. I'm not being judgemental at all. This is not law, there is no where in the Bible which says if you wear wigs, you can't make it to heaven. But this hair that you are wearing, from whose head was it cut? Do you know who was the original owner of the hair? Do you know what kind of anointing is in that hair? It is put in the most important part of your body, the head!!! Thou anointed my head. Things are so bad now that some ladies comes for ordination with wigs on, I always asked them which one do you want me to anoint, the wig or the head? I told you, you will not smile by the time I finished, I have not been legalistic, I have
not said thou shall not wear wig. I'm only
talking to my daughters, my own children.

I read something in the book of revelation:7,1-3, some Angels were sent from heaven to deal with the inhabitants of the world, after the rapture, the bible says I heard , the Almighty God said ,before you begin to deal with people, let me mark them, let me seal them on their forehead, so that we know those that the bullet should not hit. What we wear matters. Why do you think the army wear uniforms? It is so that they will not accidentally shoot their own members. Can God recognize you at a glance, that is, as a child of God? Some people say it does not matter, and that what is inside is what is important, I agree with the last part, but what is inside will show outside, it will show on the outside, it will show, don’t let anybody deceived you.

When I became General Overseer, I brought a group of teachers to come and teach in the bible college, and they began to teach series of things I did not bargain for. They were teaching that God is not interested in the outside, He is interested in the inside, this man (the G. O.) is legalistic, he is too strict. So I went to Oyingbo market to buy two oranges, one ripe and the other green all over.

My bible students were beginning to turn to rebels, and God gave me wisdom, so I stood before the class and I said, which of this oranges will you take if I ask you to pick one? They all pointed at the yellow and ripe one, and I said why? they said because that one is going to be the sweeter one. How do you know? You have not seen the inside. They said what is inside is showing outside.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Amberon11: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2016
Undiluted truth.

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by orunto27: 9:52am On Apr 14, 2016
Life has improved and is shinning now. May God bless us all with proper understanding of His Words and make us truly live like Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Ochoiho: 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
Op please post the full message
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by ikorodureporta: 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pls help me ask him abt his opinion on mingling with the wrong set of people. I see him with some questionable m.o.g. Dnt u guyz think this would also lead his sheep astray, i.e. to also hang-out with those set of people?

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by winningwinner(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Pls help me ask him abt his opinion on mingling with the wrong set of people. I see him with some questionable m.o.g. Dnt u guyz think this would also lead his sheep astray, i.e. to also hang-out with those set of people?

Thanks, but even Jesus Christ was accused of mingling with sinners as well as eating with them. Those who are well have no need of a physician but those are sick... Think about this!
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by paxonel(m): 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
I don't think there are any scripture of the new testament (because Christianity begins at new testament ) where God recognises his people or creating distinction by their physical appearance talkless of whether they wear make up or not. so, if Pst adeboye is Looking at some physical appearance of objects, he should remember that God is a spirit and should not degrade him to physical.
Secondly, he also questioned the anointing of wigs on ladies heads.That means, he is not sure whether there is anointing there, and if there is any, is the anointing of God or of the devil?
Let's assume there is devil anointing on wigs, of what difference will it make to a Christian who carries a greater anointing provided by Jesus who died for the lady wearing the wig?
Is devil greater than Jesus?
Our own is not to know what the devil is doing, our own is to freely live our lives, taking everything to be good without fear of spirit or devil.
Our own is not to know the original owner of the hair or the anointing in it, provided the hair is hygienic it is good for you, if it makes you beautiful.
I think Pst adeboye is talking out of fear, that wigs has the potential of displacing Jesus anointing on a Christian and that is not true.
Let's face the truth, until we accept that christian ladies on trousers, wigs,earrings and even ashawos,are of the same powerful anointing of equal magnitude with all other people in Christianity, we will continue to run into problems and remain stagnant .
There is a greater anointing that is associated with anybody who has joined Christianity, the moment you join Christianity from whatever religion(giving your life to Christ ), that anointing has followed you like that, It does not require any special oil as it was practiced by people of old testament.
No wonder adeboye is still using anointing oil grin
Make up, if perfectly put on are good. They beautify the face and make ladies look attractive, there is no devil attach to it. So should not begin ask questions like what if devil..
Or when are we going to ask questions like what if Jesus...

5 Likes

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Ken4Christ: 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
Well, let's look at the two references used to condemn make up closely.

The first is 2nd Kings 9:30. If this verse is used to condemn make up, then hair do of any form should also be condemned for Jezebel also dressed her hair. We know it is absurd to reach such a conclusion. So, it will be wrong to condemn make up because it was mentioned in connection with Jezebel.

Immoral acts were mentioned in connection to people of questionable characters. Do we then condemn sex in its totality because of it?

The second reference is Jeremiah 4:29-30. If we condemn make up based on this verses, then putting on good dress and ornaments of gold should also be condemned for they were mentioned alongside with the make up.

If make up is sinful, then God himself should be the number one sinner for he was the first make up artist.

He decorated Lucifer with several precious ornaments before his fall - Eze 28:13.

He also ordered that the garment of the Priest should be made for glory and for beauty - Exodus 28:2,39,40.

When the Jews were about to leave Egypt, he told them to borrow enough Jewelry and put them on their sons and daughters. Exodus 3:22

The streets of heaven is decorated with gold. The walls of the new Jerusalem is laid with 12 foundations of precious stones.

What we should advice is for believers to be moderate in whatever they do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Ken4Christ: 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2016

The first is 2nd Kings 9:30. If this verse is used to condemn make up, then hair do of any form should also be condemned for Jezebel also dressed her hair. We know it is absurd to reach such a conclusion. So, it will be wrong to condemn make up because it was mentioned in connection with Jezebel.

Immoral acts were mentioned in connection to people of questionable characters. Do we then condemn sex in its totality because of it?

The second reference is Jeremiah 4:29-30. If we condemn make up based on this verses, then putting on good dress and ornaments of gold should also be condemned for they were mentioned alongside with the make up.

God himself is the number one make up artist.

He decorated Lucifer with several precious ornaments before his fall - Eze 28:13.

He also ordered that the garment of the Priest should be made for glory and for beauty - Exodus 28:2,39,40.

When the Jews were about to leave Egypt, he told them to borrow enough Jewelry and put them on their sons and daughters. Exodus 3:22

The streets of heaven is decorated with gold. The walls of the new Jerusalem is laid with 12 foundations of precious stones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by paxonel(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Ken4Christ:

God himself is the number one make up artist.

You are on point man

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by temmie013(f): 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2016
paxonel:

You are on point man
you are very intelligent i love ur analysis. U said it all @kenny4christ
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by God2man(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
So many people need to humble themselves and also encounter God before they can understand this message.

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by frubben(m): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
paxonel:
I don't think there are any scripture of the new testament (because Christianity begins at new testament ) where God recognises his people or creating distinction by their physical appearance talkless of whether they wear make up or not. so, if Pst adeboye is Looking at some physical appearance of objects, he should remember that God is a spirit and should not degrade him to physical.
Secondly, he also questioned the anointing of wigs on ladies heads.That means, he is not sure whether there is anointing there, and if there is any, is the anointing of God or of the devil?
Let's assume there is devil anointing on wigs, of what difference will it make to a Christian who carries a greater anointing provided by Jesus who died for the lady wearing the wig?
Our own is not to know what the devil is doing, our own is to freely live our lives, taking everything to be good without fear of spirit or devil.
Our own is not to know the original owner of the hair or the anointing in it, provided the hair is hygienic it is good for you, if it makes you beautiful.
I think Pst adeboye is talking out of fear, that wigs has the potential of displacing Jesus anointing on a Christian and that is not true.
Let's face the truth, until we accept that christian ladies on trousers, wigs,earrings and even ashawos,are of the same powerful anointing of equal magnitude with all other people in Christianity, we will continue to run into problems and remain stagnant .
There is a greater anointing that is associated with anybody who has joined Christianity, the moment you join Christianity from whatever religion(giving your life to Christ ), that anointing has followed you like that, It does not require any special oil as it was practiced by people of old testament.
Make up, if perfectly put on are good. They beautify the face and make ladies look attractive, there is no devil attach to it. So should not begin ask questions like what if devil..

Wise words, u hav spoken well

Somebody help me ask G O dat the private jet he is using does he knw the makers

Dis people are gay,illumati and men of occultic kingdom, dey are responsible for make does aircraft, but G O still fly in it. does he hav a clue wat dey do to the parts of the jet before dey are assemble.

God sent us a simple message go ye and preach d gospel, we started preaching our own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by promise101: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2016
paxonel:

1 TRILLION LIKES!

These are the kind of OLD TESTAMENT pastors causing problems with false doctrines in churches today.

You discovered how UNSURE and confused he was talking.

Making righteousness which is of faith, a work.

God help him, anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by promise101: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Amberon11:
Undiluted truth.
Right from the time I knew you, you are of works and never of faith, so I am not surprised.

The man was just preaching works and not faith.

Please, answer this; HOW DOES THE OP MAKE RELEVANCE OF CHRIST'S SACRIFICE?
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Peritus(m): 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Avoidhellfire:
THIS IS DECEITFUL TEACHING BY ADEBOYE. on one hand, adeboye implied that there is nothing wrong in dressing immodestly because as he claimed, no bible verse forbids make up. but on the other hand he quoted revelation and used the analogy of the oranges to imply that dressing immodestly is wrong. this is how false teachers operate, they try to deceive you discreetly. in regards to the immodesty and vanity of earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. please don't believe those false preachers that say that it is not in the bible for women not to wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. are we in primary one here, where we have to find something in the bible before we know it is wrong. and for your information it is in the bible. 1 John 2:15, Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. when you wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. you make yourself a lover of the world. also don't believe those false christian women who wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc and say they only wear it for fun and that they are not too attached to the earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. the truth is that you cannot claim to be a heaven seeker and yet have time for the vanity of earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. what of those women that don't wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc.? why do you think they don't dress immodestly? also don't be deceived when you see hundreds or thousands of women in the church wearing earnings, make up, hair attachments etc, don't join them, most of them are pagans that go to church, most of them are not Christians in the first place so don't join them. even if you see so called female preachers and pastors wives wearing earnings, make up, hair attachments etc don't join them, most of them are not Christians in the first place, they are end time infiltrators of the church. Remember, For many are called but few are chosen
Dont spend your life in criticism while others are busy growing in spirit. Loving the world does not mean you shouldn't look good. It's an error built upon extremism when people come out in rags, looking like pale corps simply because they don't want to love the world. You may equally say that buying fine shoes, cloths, using perfume, body cream etc are loving the world. To love the world is to give more attention to or dependence on the things of the world and not the issue of using or not using thing of the world.
You should rather be careful to avoid being judgmental, or worse still, hateful.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by paxonel(m): 6:46am On Apr 23, 2016
promise101:

1 TRILLION LIKES!

These are the kind of OLD TESTAMENT pastors causing problems with false doctrines in churches today.

You discovered how UNSURE and confused he was talking.

Making righteousness which is of faith, a work.

God help him, anyway!
That is it,
I think all the pastors we have are all old testament pastors. They deliberately ignore the fact the there is righteosness through faith which the resurrection of Jesus has offered.
Though they preach it, but when they want to pass judgement that people will go to hell for commiting sin, they ignore it
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Iceflox(f): 7:44am On Apr 23, 2016
Avoidhellfire:
THIS IS DECEITFUL TEACHING BY ADEBOYE. on one hand, adeboye implied that there is nothing wrong in dressing immodestly because as he claimed, no bible verse forbids make up. but on the other hand he quoted revelation and used the analogy of the oranges to imply that dressing immodestly is wrong. this is how false teachers operate, they try to deceive you discreetly. in regards to the immodesty and vanity of earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. please don't believe those false preachers that say that it is not in the bible for women not to wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. are we in primary one here, where we have to find something in the bible before we know it is wrong. and for your information it is in the bible. 1 John 2:15, Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. when you wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. you make yourself a lover of the world. also don't believe those false christian women who wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc and say they only wear it for fun and that they are not too attached to the earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. the truth is that you cannot claim to be a heaven seeker and yet have time for the vanity of earnings, make up, hair attachments etc. what of those women that don't wear earnings, make up, hair attachments etc.? why do you think they don't dress immodestly? also don't be deceived when you see hundreds or thousands of women in the church wearing earnings, make up, hair attachments etc, don't join them, most of them are pagans that go to church, most of them are not Christians in the first place so don't join them. even if you see so called female preachers and pastors wives wearing earnings, make up, hair attachments etc don't join them, most of them are not Christians in the first place, they are end time infiltrators of the church. Remember, For many are called but few are chosen
You truly a confused fellow.
You started by saying the GO is deceitful but proving your point, you committed a greater fallacy than that of the GO misquoting 1john 2:15 taking the world there to be ladies who wear earrings and make up.
Or did not read down to verse 16 to know the actual meaning of the world which is..
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Was make up and earrings mentioned there?
This is the extent to which you have brainwashed Africans by your religious ideology and configure their mindsets to people who put on rags
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
Daddy G.O said he was talking to his daughters. He was not proving theology. He was talking straight from the heart. He is a man that has walked with God. I long so dearly for his kind of walk with God. He has seen more in this Christian walk than all of us put together. The fact is the standard of the Kingdom of God is very high. Higher than what we are taking it to be. That is why most people will not make it because of the little vines. Is it not safer to do away from those little things that equate us with the world? Since we will spending much more years in heaven than on earth,is it not logical we do everything it will take to get there even if it doesn't make sense to our earthly companions? I really don't know why we love to do countless theological analysis on these things. It's either you take it or you don't. We won't go to heaven as a group. We will go as individuals. So if you don't want to take teachings,keep it to yourself. For me I won't want to get to heaven before knowing the truth. If I learnt its not safe here on earth,I will rather play safe and do away with it. If it turned out it didn't matter when i get to heaven, at least I will know I played safe. None of us has been to heaven before so lets rather keep ourselves worthy. After all who make up don epp sef
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by God2man(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
He has said it all.

The truth is make up is pure deception.

Attachment is demonic.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by seemples(f): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2016
I wonder why daddy G.O forgot Esther was made up..so much so she won a whole beauty pageant and was used by God to deliver Israel smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by lightheart(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
"The point I'm making is this, nobody ever add sugar to honey. Have you seen anybody adding sugar to honey? "
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: by IMASTEX: 12:14am On Aug 07, 2016
Okay, oh

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Forum Watchnight Service. / Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / Testimony Of The Spiritual Realm(2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.