Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,154 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? (21305 Views)

Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by goingape: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
mizlovette:
IHmmmmmm I wonder how people like u reason, she only asked for advice and instead of u to give urs if u had any u resorted to name calling, we're u brought up in d zoo? Na wah all these people that will just be using their cheap phones 2 attack people anyhow. Metcwwww
if I use cheap phone is it of any business to youundecided

If it pain you go hang yourself!
Who is this one self?
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Blade21: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
xtervaganza:
Madame oluwaburna, you need to speak sense into op's head. She speaks woth her ex on phone in her husband's house?

I'm guessing g her hubby is one of those weaklings masquerading as men

I'm sure if she changed her number she would still give her ex the number

Nonsense
y you de insult the man I know you angry but calm down some men love to give freedom to their partners that doesn't make them weak or immature so relax he has made his point so it's left for her to do ot not do thank you
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ayauche(f): 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
My dear u caused it nah, how can u call urself a married woman and still receive calls 4rm ur ex. Listen am also married so its not right at all cos if na ur hubby ex dey call am, u go don go mountain 4 prayers against it. So if u wanna save ur marriage, sharply run and get a new sim.

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by openmine(m): 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
ffrreeee:
You don't need to change your number if you don't wish to do so. BUT, you have to find a lasting solution to your ex's calls. You either tell him politely or block his line if he proves to be stubborn. Btw, what do you guys still talk about self?
wats the point blocking his line wen he can use another line to call her....
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Blade21: 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
ehisendowed:

Olodo...did he call his ex?
so you called a married woman with kids olodo becuase you were trying to make a point make una de fear God oo
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by plaetton: 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ishilove:

Why should I change my number? Am I relocating to another country?? So I should alienate people because I now Mrs so and so? Some of the people you're cutting off may end up being your saviours when shiit hits the fan

Oh please.

Considering that most of the people on a single lady's phone are either former strikers, current strikers or aspiring strikers, it is just common sense to change numbers and be new,like being BORN AGAIN, letting old things pass, and making a new covenant.
Abi? wink

4 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by instinct57vm(m): 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
women like you is the reason why some men nearly kills their wife with beatin... you really have guts! Damn u! ur ex stl calls you and u not ashamed to say that! married woman my foot!

your husband get mumu patience nobe small

dem neva born any woman try am with my relative let alone myself.

Y u no kuku go join ur types dey do runz gals. radarada!

what a nonsense generation person dey sef

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by OBAGADAFFI: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
rileest:
If you still have an ex that your husband is insecure about up to the point of him asking you to change your number, then he shouldn't have married you. Even If you change your number, It's obvious you and this ex still has feelings for each other and something will definitely happen along the line. That's why people really need to be sure before they get married

Women!!!

So the husband is now insecure because he noticed his wife communication with the ex.

Is that wife not smart enough to let go her Ex.

If the Ex is so important why not marry the Ex instead .

4 Likes

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by shehuolayinka(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
I wonder why some men get bother about whatever their wife dies, if you think she's cheating, oga abeg bone her and keep on doing your own parole things jare. Women are not worth the stress

On your own case, but madam, wetin your ex they call you for?

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by teedy4all: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
Very simple just copy all the contact u need from the sim then send them ur new number

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by VagileVictor(m): 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
Only the guilty conscience fears accusation.
Zero your mind about changing your phone number after marriage if you trust yourself.[color=#770077][/color][img][/img]
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by idu1(m): 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
skywife:
Dear Nairaland family.

Have been married for a couple of months now and my spouse have been disturbing and threatening me to dispose my sim cards that everything about me needs to change since am now a married woman.He complain alot about frequent calls by my ex,to be sincere I have nothing to do with anyone again since am married and have explain to him but he wouldn't listen.I told him I have other business partners that calls on this same number and one of this line is for business and am well known with it,am scared I might lose some vital businesses or contracts due to this.I told him but all proved aborted.This has been an issue and am fed up.Is it mandatory after I changed name I should also change number? PLZ ADVICE ME
So, you are still in touch wuth your ex?

O God of jesus... Ok
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Leke001: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
infidelity has now become so normal and casual;we now no longer have any sence of moral decency or respect for the marriage institution,neither the fear of God...na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by summerflame(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
This is the one of the reasons I hate getting married, can't deal with infidelity in between my woman and her exes. Marriage is just a scam to me

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by summerflame(m): 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
Were u trained at home to disobey your husband's wish?.. Pls, comment something sensible and stop being biased
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by DedeNkem: 12:16am On Apr 14, 2016
skywife:
Dear Nairaland family.

Have been married for a couple of months now and my spouse have been disturbing and threatening me to dispose my sim cards that everything about me needs to change since am now a married woman.He complain alot about frequent calls by my ex,to be sincere I have nothing to do with anyone again since am married and have explain to him but he wouldn't listen.I told him I have other business partners that calls on this same number and one of this line is for business and am well known with it,am scared I might lose some vital businesses or contracts due to this.I told him but all proved aborted.This has been an issue and am fed up.Is it mandatory after I changed name I should also change number? PLZ ADVICE ME

You said your ex calls, well, no man would tolerate that. It makes your husband uncomfortatable. You won't be comfortable if your husband's exes call too.

You can change your number and send it to all your business contacts and close friends. It's not a big deal.

Make sure you also force him to change his at same time you change yours..

Your marraige is more important than phone number. Phone number replacement is unlimited but marraige isn't.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by byvan03: 12:53am On Apr 14, 2016
ehisendowed:

Learn to reason logically so you wouldn't be addressed in such a manner .

Logic is far from the brain you typed that crap from. if cursing out is the only form of conversation you know, sorry I have no deal replying you anymore.

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by absilk(m): 1:10am On Apr 14, 2016
Why are some so called men so immature? I hope he dnt ask u to do a plastic surgery to change your face? Trust, complete one, is a major factor in a marriage that must last; and the issue of ex's should have been resolved before u two got married.
Just let him know he has nothing to worry about, that u are already his forever and nothing's gonna change that.

Meanwhile, stop calling ur ex, and put him where he belongs: behind u.

Cheers.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Lol.

You don't have to change your number but that your ex better stop calling you o. Cause those kain tinz odikwa risky, even when you're just dating. Not to talk of marriage.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by amtaken(f): 3:31am On Apr 14, 2016
That ex of yours hates you so much. He wants you to have marital problems that's why he calls you all the time.

Why is he an ex? He's an ex because he's EXPIRED and since he has expired you need to toss him away in the waste bin!

Your hubby is even a gentleman, I heard of a lady whose hubby broke her sim.

Your silly ex wants you to get used to him again so that he will be your confidant and he will know when there are issues in your marriage and he will take advantage of the situation and strike!

Buy a new sim, contact all your major clients and good friends, tell them you have a new line, then destroy the old sim.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by InvertedHammer: 4:10am On Apr 14, 2016
/
Change your line.

Give your new number to important business partners.

If your ex calls after that, it proves that you have ulterior motives.

The old line will lead to a crazy text coming in one time from old lifestyle that may break your marriage. Husband is scarce. Protect your territory or others will take over. The ones burning midnight candles are praying that you screw up so that they can take over.

I don't think you are ready for marriage. If you are, you will look into your family to decide how peace will reign. Soliciting advice from strangers on how to deal with minor issues in your marriage is a recipe for disaster. Everyone will have opinions based on their families which are different. Only you and your husband can design your family because every family is unique in its own way. No rights, wrongs or obligations fit one and all. Peace is very important in a marriage. Address your husband's concern(s).

Cave ne sedes.
\
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by drololaaof: 4:30am On Apr 14, 2016
It is not changing the line that matter but change of mind as a married you are supposed to keep off your ex's tell them to stop their calling but if one of them is your business partner then your past will now affect your present,the man need to be observed he might be the over jelous type who will always suspect their wives
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by henryhemon(m): 4:38am On Apr 14, 2016
skywife:
Dear Nairaland family.

He said everything about you needs to change....says alot why he wants you to change your line.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Izyyblaze(f): 6:03am On Apr 14, 2016
Oburoso to change number,why not go change your face as well,mtcheew. Your hubby had better go work on his insecurities. but wait o,op,did/do you live a wayward life?
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 14, 2016
amtaken:
That ex of yours hates you so much. He wants you to have marital problems that's why he calls you all the time.

Why is he an ex? He's an ex because he's EXPIRED and since he has expired you need to toss him away in the waste bin!

Your silly ex wants you to get used to him again so that he will be your confidant and he will know when there are issues in your marriage and he will take advantage of the situation and strike!

Buy a new sim, contact all your major clients and good friends friends, tell them you have a new line, then destroy the old sim.

It is well.

No one in a serious relationship or marriage should be in contact with an ex. It's wrong on all levels and disrespectful to your spouse.
Don't jeopardize your future with your past.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Izyyblaze(f): 6:15am On Apr 14, 2016
summerflame:
This is the one of the reasons I hate getting married, can't deal with infidelity in between my woman and her exes. Marriage is just a scam to me
bro,you need serious rebranding ASAP. change that mentality of your's,it's not good for your health.
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 6:41am On Apr 14, 2016
mysticwarrior:
You still being carried away by the attention you get frm guys at your age and its reflecting on your thinking, pray to get married before u are 29 cos the older you get the less prettier u become, and u won't enjoy the attention you have now, it easier to get a boyfriend but very difficult to have a husband, pls when u get more mature remember this comment.
O yes I definitely will. I am so...awed by the depth of deep deep words of knowledge.

*sob*

Joseph1832, come and marry me before I hit 25 angry
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by Ishilove: 6:49am On Apr 14, 2016
jnrbayano:

The husband thinks something is wrong with it. If an ex calls incessantly, I will have to think something is wrong with it too.
'incessantly'. That's the keyword there. Personally, I don't mind my husband's exes calling him, but when it becomes too much then there is a big problem. One thing people fail to remember is that their partners are adults. A person who wants to cheat will cheat and no amount of monitoring will change it. The decision not to cheat lies squarely on their shoulders, so even if I tell him 'change your sim', there are still thousands of ways for them to keep communicating.

When it becomes too much, then it is time for us to sit down and evaluate their relationship.

Let me give you an example. A lady came to us for counseling. She and her married ex are planning on cheating because they are yet to get over each other four years after breaking up. When her ex just newly got married, the man's wife who knew how tight they (the ex and her husband) had been before they broke up went to the man's facebook page to delete and block her, deleted her from BBM, blocked the lady from all the man's social media handles.

The man now sent the lady a message that his wife would try to contact her via whatsapp pretending to be him, and that she should play along. Of course she did. When Wifey contacted the lady on whatsapp, she cussed 'him' out and warned 'him' to stay with 'his wife' and leave her alone. grin

Satisfied, the man's wife blocked her on Whatsapp. So she has been blocked everywhere cheesy

But...

Whenever the man is not in town, he unblocks her, chat wetin dem wan chat, deletes it thereafter and blocks her again. On BBM the lady has no DP so the man has secretly readded her, and whenever they chat, they go private so the messages self-destruct after 5 minutes grin grin

She came for counseling because her conscience is beginning to prick her.

The wife thought she had taken care of the ex, not knowing that two years after her husband and the powerful ex are still at it.

It isn't about changing the sim, it's changing the mindset.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by captaino(m): 7:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Madam change the ur number. If your ex was a husband material why didn't he marry you?. This man went against all odds to say I do and you are here saying is it mandatory. If there is more to a mandatory then give it.
I m waiting for my madam to come back from POP today. I am gonna change hers cos some cocks..... still calls her and I am not comfortable.
One advice to married women obey your husband.
He don't need to change his number you know why?. Cos in marriage the husband is the man of the house. He needs to be obeyed
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by domopps(m): 7:15am On Apr 14, 2016
xtervaganza:
you mean you're married and still speak with your ex on phone?

You can only try it with the fool you call husband.

Dem never born woman wey go try am with me. I'll drive her straight to her father's house and dump her there

Haha we should pls apply some courtesy on this forum now! Someone is confused needed our Advice and you are here calling her husband names!

Hence if you can't take simply say you can't and stop calling someone husband's a fool!

Reason why I don't reply some PMs and Mentions cos NL full of kids

Note that the lady needs Advice and not insult or whatsoever please be guided!

Cheeeers
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by summerflame(m): 7:32am On Apr 14, 2016
we have different lives to live ma
Re: Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? by domopps(m): 7:35am On Apr 14, 2016
[quote author=amtaken post=44682589]That ex of yours hates you so much. He wants you to have marital problems that's why he calls you all the time.

Buy a new sim, contact all your major clients and good friends, tell them you have a new line, then destroy the old sim.

It is well.

Reason why I like you amtaken you are among few young pretty married young ladies that still doesn't support shit!

Seriously her husband is greatly justified and only if she's willing to sacrifice her marriage cos of her ex and Sim card!

But also can't wait to see you typing something very positive abt this present administration and Buhari! grin

Cheeeeeers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? / Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples / Three Children Burnt To Death As Fire Razes Parent's Home In Benue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.