Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International (2406 Views)

Buhari Hits Back At Transparency International / GEJ And PMB With Two US Secretaries Of State (Pictures) / Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by laptopsale(m): 7:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Transparency International has rated the
out gone government of President
Goodluck Jonathan as much better, in the
field of probity, as compared to the past
governments headed by President Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari and that of Chief
Oluegun Obasanjo. According to
Transparency International’s data from
1979 till date, shows that the tenures of
both General Muhammadu Buhari and
former President Olusegun Obasanjo were
more corrupt than the tenure of Jonathan.
The data also showed that under the
administration of President Jonathan,
Nigeria has recorded its best score in the
Corruption Perception Index (CPI) since
1979. This is in complete contrast to the
sordid picture of rampant corruption being
painted by the opposition, ardent critics of
the Jonathan administration and much of
the media in the last few years especially
in the build up to the general elections.
But the point that the figures from
Transparency International make so clearly is that, in comparative terms, Nigeria is actually much less corrupt today, and perceived globally to be much less corrupt today, than it has been in the last 35 years including under the regimes of General Buhari and President Obasanjo, both of who wear the toga and chant the mantra of anti-corruption. Shockingly, according to the TI data, President Obasanjo’s first tenure had the worst scale of corruption during the 35 years period between 1979 and 2015.
The TI Corruption Perception Index is a
rating of countries from 1 to 100 showing
their corruption scale. A rating of 1 is the
worst and rating of 100 means a country is
completely free of corruption. The pass
mark is 50 and any country scoring below
50 is considered a corrupt country.
In the year 2000, Nigeria was ranked the
most corrupt country in the world and
improved marginally in 2001 and 2003
when it was rated the second most corrupt
nation in the world in the TI’s Corruption
Perception Index. This was certainly not
under the watch of President Jonathan.
Since 2012, Nigeria has made steady
improvements in the CPI. Indeed, under
President Jonathan, for the first time in
decades, Nigeria is not in the list of 1-10
most corrupt countries in the world.
In the 2014 Transparency International’s
Corruption Perception Index, issued in
December, Nigeria was ranked 136 out of
175 countries surveyed in the report.
This ranking placed Nigeria, alongside five
other countries, as the 39th most corrupt
country in the world. This is Nigeria’s best
ranking in the last four years.
With this ranking, Nigeria leapfrogged
eight countries within a space of one year from the 31st most corrupt nation in 2013 to the 39th in 2014. This may be regarded by cynics as a small achievement: but it represents a big step in the right direction.
Indeed, the administration of President
Jonathan deserves some commendation for the positive steps it has taken, and the
modest achievements it has made so far, in the war against corruption rather than the vengeful knocks it is receiving from
various quarters.

www.jtownconnect.com/2016/04/jonathans-government-better-than.html?m=1

8 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by nnachukz(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2016
Those who can see clearly without any ethnic sentiment have spoken. Some zombies know that fact but won't accept it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2016
Zombies won't like this. Hahahaha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Fmartin(m): 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
I didnt even read dis trash. How wil u bring PMB in

Y compare him with does that completed their tenures

8yrs, 6yrs, and 1yr.

Rubbish thread.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2016
Comparing 8yrs and 6yrs with months sound incredible.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by MarshRiley(m): 7:57am On Apr 14, 2016
The only people blind to this fact are the zoombies
Me no blind,so me know the truth
GEJ allowed you know wassup that's why you are blaming him
OBJ and Bubu covered there own wella come dey form saint

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by funlord(m): 7:58am On Apr 14, 2016
grin

Award winning LIE!!!

6 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by MarshRiley(m): 8:01am On Apr 14, 2016
Fmartin:

8yrs, 6yrs, and 1yr.

Rubbish thread.
See what lack of proper education has done to you guys....read the thread again before commenting and read it without sentiments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by ernecy(m): 8:02am On Apr 14, 2016
The organisation belong to ipob.. grin cheesy grin and cannot be trusted.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 14, 2016
Transparency International my foot!

useless organization. didn't even bother to read that sh*t.

why should I believe an organization whose President is among those hiding money in tax shelters around the world?

yeye.

http://dailymail.com.ng/head-transparency-international-resigns-named-panama-papers/

3 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by tempest01(m): 8:10am On Apr 14, 2016
MarshRiley:

See what lack of proper education has done to you guys....read the thread again before commenting and read it without sentiments

Im telling you...they just hit the reply button without reading....calibrated zombies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by ojuolu(m): 8:23am On Apr 14, 2016
The problem with an average Nigerian is the that words like "International,Foreign, multinationals" means authentic and correct view of things. This report remind me of the pieces(thrashs) written recently by The Herald newspaper of UK on the present war on corruption and the Economist on naira devaluation. The disconnect with reality is far too obvious. Shagari Regime of 1979-1983 is one of the most corrupt government in the world and in the history of the nation. According to my Father who was a public servant as at then and a public analyst, There was free flow of money among the elites so much that a black economy was created alongside the main economy. Drug peddling and other illicit activities were being carried out by people in government until Idiagbon/Buhari Junta came on board to start a sanitization war which swept through the whole land and send ripple across the international community. Like now, Corruption fought back and in form of a sponsored coup by the aggrieved persons in both military and civilian communities. The government was successful sacked in 1985. And since then, what happened and still happening have been an ongoing war between corruption and the progress of the nation. I don't want to go into history but i hate when some idiots from some maggot nations with loop-sided and half- baked journalism come into our polity to distort history and create this type of fallacy written here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by dukie25: 8:28am On Apr 14, 2016
PMB corruption fight is a mirage to hoodwink the gullible.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by SleekMallam: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2016
With the odious farts from Buhari in 10 months, we don't need to wait till 2019 to tell us the global epidemic that's about to break out in Nigeria once buhari is allowed to deliver the weapons of mass destruction encoded in his change shit.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 14, 2016
Comparison between a 6yr tenure and a 2yr tenure.. I hail thee
Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Mrjo(m): 8:35am On Apr 14, 2016
I'm nt sure u read/understand that post. Tribalism destroy this nation.
ojuolu:
The problem with an average Nigerian is the that words like "International,Foreign, multinationals" means authentic and correct view of things. This report remind me of the pieces(thrashs) written recently by The Herald newspaper of UK on the present war on corruption and the Economist on naira devaluation. The disconnect with reality is far too obvious. Shagari Regime of 1979-1983 is one of the most corrupt government in the world and in the history of the nation. According to my Father who was a public servant as at then and a public analyst, There was free flow of money among the elites so much that a black economy was created alongside the main economy. Drug peddling and other illicit activities were being carried out by people in government until Idiagbon/Buhari Junta came on board to start a sanitization war which swept through the whole land and send ripple across the international community. Like now, Corruption fought back and in form of a sponsored coup by the aggrieved persons in both military and civilian communities. The government was successful sacked in 1986. And since then, what happened and still happening have been an ongoing war between corruption and the progress of the nation. I don't want to go into history but i hate when some idiots from some maggot nations with loop-sided and half- baked journalism come into our polity to distort history and create this type of fallacy written here.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Mrjo(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2016
Its yearly rating pls try more in ur understanding, thanks
snrman:
Comparison between a 6yr tenure and a 2yr tenure.. I hail thee

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by IVORY2009(m): 8:44am On Apr 14, 2016
I'm waiting for the owners of this handle to come forward here and write his usual defense, Passingshot, AKA Omenka, Dropshot...

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by ojuolu(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2016
Mrjo:
setting the record straight, I am not of the northern extract, neither a politician nor supporter of PMB. I did not attack Jonathan in my piece if you read it carefully. I read this and only stated my opinion on people believing in the piece and the distortion in history. TI can write, me and you are on ground and we face the reality of what has transpired and is still transpiring or will still transpire in the near future. Let us be objective in our reasonings. I am for the Nigerian masses. #GodBlessNigeria
Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by raker300: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2016
Some people will throw up in their mouth and swallow it back after reading this report.

Op, good luck on getting this topic to front page

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by raker300: 8:53am On Apr 14, 2016
Mrjo:
dont mind them. If they hear news like "international community gives Buhari an award" you'll see them jumping up and down here. Now we should ignore "international"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Koleman(m): 9:38am On Apr 14, 2016
I still d find d source sha... that source resemble iPod blog
Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Pavarottii(m): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2016
Help me tell them oooo...

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by agwu123(m): 10:24am On Apr 14, 2016
Rubbish statements. This assessment is far from being transparent
Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 14, 2016
Wow! Buhari more corrupt than Jonathan... Tell that to a fool....If there's anything i believe the President wil NEVER do, i have absolute trust he's NEVER going to steal....

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Basketofficial(m): 10:36am On Apr 14, 2016
Fmartin:

8yrs, 6yrs, and 1yr.
Rubbish thread.

Did your dullard of daura.......king of zombies allow shagari to complete his tenure..........hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Lessonteacher(f): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
obasanjo's regime is the most currupt in the recent time

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Fmartin(m): 1:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Basketofficial:

Did your dullard of daura.......king of zombies allow shagari to complete his tenure..........hypocrite
warris dis wailer saying
Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Goke7: 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
The west should leave Nigeria alone, it not compulsory we continue to trade with their damn dollars all the time.

They should Kindly leave us alone to decide our destiny as a nation
Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by NapoIeon: 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thunder fire Buhari Insha'Allah amin

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by Pidggin(f): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thunder set fire on all ethnic bigots in this country grin

You all will keep being put to shame! cheesy

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International by babdap: 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Keep your rating to yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget / Do You Know Africans Found America / Corruption: China MP Sentenced To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.