Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? (35180 Views)

Nigerians Go For Another Noodle More Economical,tasteful And Lasts Longer / The 10 Most Innovative Sources For Getting Good Business Ideas / Autonomous Sources Control Prices Of Dollars - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by donsteady(m): 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

See spacebookers
What do you mean?
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by segebobo: 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:
I am embarking on ICT training Business, everything is ready but I am stuck in making a good choice among these following Alternative Energy sources:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Note: My centre will have 10 PCs, projector, big photocopy machine, and a fridge.

Pls note money is not an issue here. Kindly state why you choose any of the above energy source over another.

Focus: Efficiency, Life Span, Economical, in in short, mid and long term.

Thanks.
I suppose solar power also comes with inverter
I will thus suggest solar with generator
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Jabioro: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
Go for solar and inverters,I think both are almost the same thing.the solar will be the source of energy during the day,at same time recharge those inventer battery for the night.and it is very economical.less services,noisy zero and fuel is out...but you have to get the right capacity to enjoy it.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by ade2008(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
Go for solar and inverter.with solar you can completely go off the grid. Initial cost may be higher but with time you will recurp back the cost. Solar will be cheaper in the long run. If you need at least 8hrs of uninterrupted power supply daily may cost you millions of naira but still the best in terms of long time investment
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by emmykingsok(m): 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:
I am embarking on ICT training Business, everything is ready but I am stuck in making a good choice among these following Alternative Energy sources:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Note: My centre will have 10 PCs, projector, big photocopy machine, and a fridge.

Pls note money is not an issue here. Kindly state why you choose any of the above energy source over another.

Thanks.

I'll advice you go for solar or inverter, it maybe expensive but it'll save you the wahala of buying fuels and you'll enjoy it at the long run. #Solar Affairs can help you design a full solar system and give you consultant services too. chat me on 08068762816 via Whatsap or call let's talk more about it. all the Best
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by dadaha: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
]
SincereBigot:
[s]first and foremost, you will have to start by blaming buhari first for this situation we are in.

secondly, I suggest that you go with the solar power and inverter.. I can't be typing or using the computer alongside the terrible noise that emanates from a generator set.

thirdly, I still suggest you blame buhari[/s]
1st blame this coconut head with myopic reasoning
2nd get inverter and generator, Solar is not all faithful
3rd if I'm quoted by this same patient of cerebral dysfunction , then use his cluelessness as a power source because it doesn't run dry

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by mikolo80: 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2016
shoyemiayodeji:
Generator.....you don't need to use fuel with your generator again as gas carburetor are now being used in generators ...i.e. You can now use gas to power yor 'Normal' generator.
yeah the gas is free of charge,grab it while its hot!!!
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Tmaritas76(m): 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2016
Since money is not an issue build power generating plant nah

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by admax(m): 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
Class captain

NigerianScholar:

See spacebookers

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
Bruh you should go for inverters. cos Generators needs lots of attention esp how often it is been used and can brake down any time so its not all that efficient while solars cant be durable cos of the nature of the job you can run off of power anytime when using it. So the best i can suggest is inverters just get a bigger capacity of it and have less troubles. I too run a business center im talking outta experience.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
gift01:
Budget for Solar system is on the high side but in the long run its far far cheaper. You don't have to stress yourself. I have a professional for you. He's Eng Tunde on 08059715479- the best I've seen that can do it for you. Doubt he'd be chanced. His 3 houses are fully on Solar. Our residence is also on Solar. Its very stress free and noiseless. Solar is the present and the future. Just close your eyes and do it once and for all. Life span is 5 years at least. Thanks. Hope am not banned. And I'm not Eng. Tunde
Please how much does it cost?
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by elume2020(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
First Mr. Op, inverter is not an energy source. Let me assume you meant solar PV + an inverter (no battery storage) not advisable. Solar PV + a bidirectional converter (convert account to DC charge battery, then the DC to ac to meet load). My suggestion will be a grid tied solar PV + bidirectional converter + battery + diesel generator. But before you jump the gun, what is the combine load of your system, that is the sum of their watts. Do any have a surge requirement. I know of the photocopy and fridge do have some surge( that is they pull more power when starting up. How long will each be operating. Once you know all of that. You should ask yourself, do you want everything to be on solar PV system, if yes, how much solar hours do you have in your area, is it in a built up area with tall building structure around you? Is the road around your area tarred, dust cover on solar PV panel will reduce efficiency except you are ready to do daily cleaning. Once you consider all those questions, then the true cost of what you want will start becoming a reality. I believe business is for profit. I will suggest first you get low energy demand computers, energy star rated refrigerator. You can power them on your solar system but for it to cover all business hours you will need back up, phcn and generator.
Renewable is cool, but many factors to consider before you take the leap. Depending on your location and the answers you have to some if my basic assessment questions, you will decide what to go for. Diesel generator have cheap capital investment cost but high operating cost, renewable is the reverse.
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
It will be more economical to go for solar (plus inverter). Solar panels, in the long run, is cheaper to maintain than generators.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by TeeHay001: 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
Run your generator on gas, all you need to get is a new carburetor designed to use gas that fits your generator. Running on Gas is far cheaper than fuel.

Check analysis
#3000 fuel(PMS)=20litres=12-15hours
#3000 gas(12.5kg of LPG) =40+hours

Purchase the device from us and let's install for you.
Call 08165267597

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by wasco24: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
Where can one get gas carburettor
shoyemiayodeji:
Generator.....you don't need to use fuel with your generator again as gas carburetor are now being used in generators ...i.e. You can now use gas to power yor 'Normal' generator.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Chukzyfcb(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
NLders re busy suggesting options that they re familiar with.
Someone should give a well detailed analysis.
1) Cost of generator , cost of fuelling it in a year for 8hrs & cost of maintenance =

Vs

2) Cost of getting an inverter with battery that can last same 8hrs, same with solar.
Eg. If it'll cost me 50,000 to buy a gen (2.8kva)
1,000 daily to fuel for 8hrs; 365,000 a year
Cost of maintenance a year = 30,000
Total = 445,000 a year spent on generator,

How much will it cost for a solar or inverter to supply the same 8 hrs in a year. That's the analysis we need here not beer parlour gist

10 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by gift01: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
DavidGodwin:

Please how much does it cost?
Budget between 100-200k. The one we have at home is 2 batteries, 2 solar panel on the roof, an inverter and some other little expenses. Ours cost 120k and it works with everything except Pressing Iron and Water Heater. Our gen is for charging the batteries when its low i.e less sunshine and no power supply for a long period (3 days). The solution is to get more solar panel and we working on it. Its what am currently using at home. No light since morning. Just came back from work and based on my projection. It will take us all thru the night till daybreak but I'd on the Gen from 9-11 to add more life to the batteries. Its always fun having light every time esp when the hood is dark

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
Go for the four

Fuel

Inverter

Solar $

PHNC Light...... the you would be fully covered.

When there is rain fall solar wouldn't work well. When no Light generator can go when no fuel solar can work so it's a merry go around thing.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by muller101(m): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
Dreaming of powering my farm with steam engines. Agriculture all the way.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by systemz(m): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
SincereBigot:
first and foremost, you will have to start by blaming buhari first for this situation we are in.

secondly, I suggest that you go with the solar power and inverter.. I can't be typing or using the computer alongside the terrible noise that emanates from a generator set.

thirdly, I still suggest you blame buhari
Lol. Does the moniker suggest anything? Thinking....
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by saxwizard(m): 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Thanks.

contact me for ur inveter and solar system. ...I hv sum1 u can verify my work from #dat akute so u can b double sure u are making the right decision
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by mrjojo: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
I pray for a day where all this finding solution to erratic power will be a thing of the past in this country.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by bettercreature(m): 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
There is nothing like generator,dont mind the people on here
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by donvicky2007: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
Combine solar with inverter then your business is good to go for years without power failure.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by dozymars(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
You should have all three.

You need the generator to charge the batteries through the inverter in the absence of phcn.

Solar panels will charge your batteries using the sun energy except for the day rain falls then you can use your generator to charge the batteries during this time.

You need all, although you will save cost in the long run because the gen will run occasionally.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by baaliyah(m): 8:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
Tell the house your budget for power supply. Trust me 'money is problem' when u are talking inverter and solar. You may need close to a million naira to power those things with solar and inverter set up.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by bishopkay: 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
shoyemiayodeji:

Bros where can one get that gas carburetor to buy and like how much would it cost
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by SincereBigot: 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
dadaha:
]
1st blame this coconut head with myopic reasoning
2nd get inverter and generator, Solar is not all faithful
3rd if I'm quoted by this same patient of cerebral dysfunction , then use his cluelessness as a power source because it doesn't run dry
who be this aboki na
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by Dallazday(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
inforesource:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Thanks.
oga buhari come and see o. Somebody is saying money is not an issue in this present economic situation, should i inform EFCC?

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by VaginaTerrorist(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
Man, if money is not issue, calculate toe total power in all you intend using. Then give future allowance of 50-60% take that to where invertr is sold, get an inverter, get a wind mill(for charging with air, let it corespond with the number of battries u hav remeber to give 60-70%over head) then get a solar panel of coresponding watt.--------the above is d most expensive but would pay you on the long run.

2. Buy a back up source, diesel generating set. Get a 3phase @least 18kva, let the 3phase be original 3phasealternator and not a converted 3phase. Most preferable Listerpeter engine housed in any sound proof. You can get tokumbo usually in the range of 350-800k depending.

See man, inverter would pay you very well. Go to monkey drill ranch in cross river, no nepa@all all wey dey there na Heavy duty inverter. Once you get a correct deep cycle battries. No just dey carry go, you can get the white man own or our naija own. Though i build locally made one (naija own) my self and also service any kind of diesel engine. Should incase....

I rest my case.

inforesource:

1. Generator
2. Solar
3. Inverter.

Thanks.
Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by alabiyemmy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
Get the three bro.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Alternative Power Sources is more economical? by ndisy: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
SincereBigot:
first and foremost, you will have to start by blaming buhari first for this situation we are in.

thirdly, I still suggest you blame buhari

This one don mad finish plus including his gbogbo generation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Recover My UBA Acc Number / Husband surprises wife with a brand new Mercedes-Benz after twin delivery (Vid) / Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.