Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Medical Negligence: How Do I Report To Heath Service Commission - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Negligence: How Do I Report To Heath Service Commission (518 Views)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Approves N8.5m Monthly For Free Maternal And Child Heath Programme / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Medical Negligence: How Do I Report To Heath Service Commission by Murphylink(m): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2016
My son, a 13 month old who was having tempreature was taking to a government hospital in lagos but was wrongly injected in his leg which has maked it difficlt for him to walk well since then. I went to the hospital with the mum to complain about this negligence by the nurse that injected him. The response we got was not professional at all. We were told that the stilf his body when they wanted to inject him.
How can we get to the appropriate authourity with our complain to prevent this from happening to other children in future
Re: Medical Negligence: How Do I Report To Heath Service Commission by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 14, 2016
First, I think every medical procedure has its possible complications and you need to understand that. This is one of such complications.

Secondly, we don't call this negligence, read up what negligence means. Besides, it's a government hospital and it's likely to be a trained nurse that administered the injection.

Furthermore, your boy is 13months old, he's probably still walking with little support.

Scanty info. You probably need to give more information than this, how long ago did it happen?

However, the health service commission is at GH Lagos and you can just go to the complaints section. I'm sure the hospital where this happened has a complaints section too.
Re: Medical Negligence: How Do I Report To Heath Service Commission by sprinkos: 11:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Murphylink:
My son, a 13 month old who was having tempreature was taking to a government hospital in lagos but was wrongly injected in his leg which has maked it difficlt for him to walk well since then. I went to the hospital with the mum to complain about this negligence by the nurse that injected him. The response we got was not professional at all. We were told that the stilf his body when they wanted to inject him.
How can we get to the appropriate authourity with our complain to prevent this from happening to other children in future

Maybe you seek the ministry of healthy's help. Sorry for that incident.

(1) (Reply)

Doctors Attention Needed / What Is/are The Effects Of Eating Before Taking A Blood Test At The Laboratory / Exactly Two Years For The Demise Of Hrh Abdullahi Ado Bayero (the Emir Of Kano)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.