Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 (20205 Views)

Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) / A Trillion-tons Iceberg, 4 Times The Size Of London Broke-off Antarctica(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Kangol99(m): 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
I can remember being so broke at a point in my life I never knew I would live to see the coming years.

It was a very rough time for me and not that I am okay presently as I desire but I never pray to ever be taken back to that time.

I had actually gone through a lot of brokenness, most especially as an undergraduate, but this one was on EasyBlaze, it was faster than me and I could not meet up with the basic things of life.

Being broke sometimes is actually part of being a student, but mine was different as sometimes I would have to eat Eba as breakfast and not with stew, but with beans I bought from the food vendor. To make it last, I would make the Eba so much so as to sustain me till the following day. Once the Eba was on ground, getting the beans wasn't much of an issue.

I could always get that on credit and promised the woman to pay the following day, but that would be the last time she would see me for that week.

I had seven vendors I worked with then, and I would always rotate my patronage from then on credit. When I buy from Iya Yodi on Monday, she would be of the opinion I had gone on Hajj as I would nowhere to be found for the rest of the week.

Same thing applies to Basic, Iya Rafia, Eat n Bellefool, Standard, Iya Sultan and Mama Agba.

They all knew me as a loyal, credit man. But you know what, they loved me because I was so young and cute they just took me as their kid. I was this kind of Independent student then. I never always wanted to bother my peepz at home.

Though my monthly allowance was always regular, kudos to Baba Sanya for that, but you know now. It would never be enough for you as a student. At a point, I began to go about with my special spoon anytime I wanna visit a friend.

They know me, I had this kind of soft knock. So when they suspected I was the one at the door.

They hid whatever meal they had. I remember visiting Wale at a time and he had hid his meal under his bed, totally forgotten about Kuku, the cat he had as pet.

It was so unfortunate for him that Kuku was right under the bed when he hid his meal. We gisted for some time and when I noticed he had nothing, I left. He later confessed to me in school how his pet had eaten the food he hid from me.

This never disturbed my Academic performance, I wondered how I was able to cope. But I just always passed without having a CO throughout my stay on campus and I left with a 2.1.

I got a turn around eventually when I began organizing tutorials for kids in Secondary and Primary schools.

And it was a very good decision I made then as the kids in the area made me their mentor and always looked up to me for both moral and financial assistance. They all called me Uncle SY, not even realizing I was just some few years older than majority of them.

School was fun and I will still be letting you guys know about I got tear gased in my first ALUTA EXPERIENCE on Campus, and My Soujourn to FUTA in search of true love. LOVE YOU ALL.

http://www.wenogetjob.com/2015/06/diary-jobless-Nigerian14.html?m=1

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by kennysteve77: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pls op, keep the story of how you got tear gased in FUTA and tell us more on how you got out from being broke. No time to read stories that don't even touch...

The Mopol below me nearly got me mad at S_eun and other mods who I settled to become FTC grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Mopolchi: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
the man above me how come u first me comment? The same 4:57 pm. In fact, you dey settle mods or Seun.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by ril19(m): 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
OP have you ever woken up one day and looked around your whole world with nothing to even put in your mouth to give you a taste whatsoever? you'll go searching for food in your room that you're sure is not there. (laughs in swahili)

OP your case was soft coz you even had a big bowl of EBA to declare. students dey see something sha.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by ElPadrino33: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congratulations
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ehyah....get well soon
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
hmm
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Guests: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congratulations.
It will make sense at the end
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by ireneony(f): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
grin
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by gurunlocker: 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lol... This guy just made my day
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Modenzy: 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by bufness(m): 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
lol, still a student sha, we always broke during exams period, iono why angry, drinking garri before u go for exams and after coming back angry,
e go better

6 Likes

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Frankenstein90(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mehn dat one still Happen to me self oo...na Eba nd Beans Win am
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Ojay105(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
BROKENESS IS A BITCH
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Temmi001: 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Whoever wrote this would make a good writer.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by kuntash: 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mopolchi:
the man above me how come u first me comment? The same 4:57 pm. In fact, you dey settle mods or Seun.

Because all those FTC guys always get a gallon of petrol abi ?

1 Like

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Ojay105(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
BROKENESS IS A B*TCH
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by alextwo: 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
kkkk
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
God go bless our hustle...

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by olahero(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
Brookness.
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by femijossy: 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
Throw back to when I was so broke in the Uni I used raw akamu to drink garri
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by engrMikemd(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Op wot ar u getting at?
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Oluwajuwonlo1(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pele
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by mrtantalizers(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
pls whats d moral of ds story?
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Mopolchi: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
kuntash:

Because all those FTC guys always get a gallon of petrol abi ?
Omo I no know ooo.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Kjking(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
hmmmm still an undergraduate.... so Far, I thank God....it's really not being easy.... trekking to and from school... that has become part of my school life....

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by mayorjosh(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
ok
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by Tonyreal49(m): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
men it's Like MTN everywhere you Go
My fellow students dry cry when dem dey hear my story
Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by tgmservice: 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
Am looking for the mod who ban me for no reason.
I will find you and kill you

1 Like

Re: My Worst Experience Being Broke As A Student - #14 by emmaee(m): 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
Exactly Wats happening to me now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Convocating At University Of Ibadan Today (pics) / Duration For Open University / Project Topics In Land Surveying And Geoinformatics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.