Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? (1784 Views)

Nigeria Need Prayer As Judgement Awaits All Nations Against Israel - Pics / Senator Ben Bruce Shared Photo To Show Why Nigeria Need To Be Restructured / USA Presidents Since 1980 And Zimbabwe Presidents Since 1980. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by yanshDoctor: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2016

Zimbabwe make the Chinese yuan legal tender in a deal.

The southern African nation abandoned its own dollar in 2009 after hyperinflation — which peaked at around 500 billion per cent — rendered it unusable.

Use of the yuan "will be a function of trade between China and Zimbabwe and acceptability with customers in Zimbabwe", the country's Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa said.

Zimbabwe's central bank chief John Mangudya was in negotiations with the People's Bank of China "to see whether we can enhance its usage here", the Minister said.

China is Zimbabwe's biggest trading partner following Zimbabwe's isolation by its former Western trading partners over Harare's human rights record.

In reaction veteran President Robert Mugabe adopted a "look East policy", forging new alliances with eastern Asian countries and buttressing existing ones.

Zimbabwe, which became a pariah in the West after President Robert Mugabe's government was accused of rigging votes and human rights abuses, has increasingly turned to China for investment to help an economy desperate for new infrastructure like roads, power and water.

Zimbabwe and China's Import and Export Bank is expected to loan Harare more than $1 billion to fund the 600 megawatt (MW) expansion of Hwange coal power station, officials said.

the aftermath of such a deal can be disastrous. we certainly have nothing, i said nothing to give to China. but China on the other hand have everything to give to us.

if we are to pay them bank in yuan I would have had confident on the deal. but if we are to pay them back in USD$ then the whole deal is a disaster and has everything wrong with it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by KINGwax007(m): 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
What happened to Zimbabwe after that?

That's how we could collate reasons and create logical argument

6 Likes

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by chriskosherbal(m): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
As a nation, we can take the positive out of this.
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by maupe: 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
If we are not careful, we will become the next Zimbabwe

4 Likes

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by KissCODE(m): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
I wouldnt want to compere china-zimbabwe agreement with that of nigeria because zimbabwe already have many enemies from the west.
Nigeria as at today does not have any official enemy even when we know the USA is working against nigeria.

I am in support of buhari in making yuan a legel tender in nigeria just like dollar. My reason is simple. Most of nigeria‘s import is from china cos of that, we can now know how much a good is being sold in china and have our transactions done with thinking that dollar might go up or come down.
I also believe it will help in reducing the important of dollar in nigeria which has become a big problem to nigeria lately. Because with yuan coming into the picture, the demand for dollar will naturaly reduce.
I am 100% in support of PMB in this.

3 Likes

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by dukie25: 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
Go and check what the Yuan caused in Zimbabwe.

1 Like

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by Luckylife(m): 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
The National Assembly ought to have check and scrutinise the conditions of this deals before the president signing anything.

2 Likes

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by CACAWA(m): 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
President Buhari's meeting with Chinese officials has brought so many benefits to Nigeria, and some of the agreements signed include:
1. 长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里, 长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里
2.,长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国长
3.,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问行国事访问长,水长长,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国
4.人民共和国进行国事访问部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他来到中国人民共和国进行国事访问长
And additionally,水利部苏莱曼阿达姆部长和国防部长丹阿里,
他Lagos来到中国人民Calabar共和国进行国事访问他
It's a positive development and I was personally impressed when I read through the points.

5 Likes

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by MrKong: 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
Zimbabwe was already grounded economically...Pls don't compare it to Nigeria...it's an insult on Nigerians pls

1 Like

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by yanshDoctor: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
the aftermath of such a deal can be disastrous. we certainly have nothing, i said nothing to give to China. but China on the other hand have everything to give to us.

if we are to pay them bank in yuan I would have had confident on the deal. but if we are to pay them back in USD$ then the whole deal is a disaster and has everything wrong with it.

3 Likes

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by yanshDoctor: 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
Zimbabwe don't have anything to give to China. in that case China will be the only one benefiting. this will only cause inflation and scarcity of the yuan as well.
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
KissCODE:
I wouldnt want to compere china-zimbabwe agreement with that of nigeria because zimbabwe already have many enemies from the west.
Nigeria as at today does not have any official enemy even when we know the USA is working against nigeria.

I am in support of buhari in making yuan a legel tender in nigeria just like dollar. My reason is simple. Most of nigeria‘s import is from china cos of that, we can now know how much a good is being sold in china and have our transactions done with thinking that dollar might go up or come down.
I also believe it will help in reducing the important of dollar in nigeria which has become a big problem to nigeria lately. Because with yuan coming into the picture, the demand for dollar will naturaly reduce.
In support him too. The demand for dollar is excessive and is causing inflation indirectly. Probably we should begin to add other currencies too
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by EasternActivist: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
KissCODE:

And you think when this is done your problem is solved?

Watch out for yaun scarcity season 2 when this your projections exists.
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by yanshDoctor: 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
asuustrike2009:

In support him too. The demand for dollar is excessive and is causing inflation indirectly. Probably we should begin to add other currencies too
there will be another scarcity for yuan as well... what do you have to give to China in return for Yuan?
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by egbaguy2: 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
to some people,buhari can never do anything good. suddenly they have turned professor of economics

1 Share

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
yanshDoctor:
there will be another scarcity for yuan as well... what do you have to give to China in return for Yuan?
That's the problem it's like jumping from frying pan to fire
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by yanshDoctor: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nigeria is in doom. oil will never go up again in next 20 years. by then renewable energy will be out which will punch out all oil producing nation.

by then it will be cheaper to use the naira in toilet than the toilet paper
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by yanshDoctor: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
asuustrike2009:

That's the problem it's like jumping from frying pan to fire
USD$ is better. its accepted internationally. the yuan is so useless internationally. go and ask sanusi
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by sanandreas(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
Crafty Chinese hian!
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
yanshDoctor:
USD$ is better. its accepted internationally. the yuan is so useless internationally. go and ask sanusi
The USA dollar is accepted but there's no liquidity at the moment. Don't you think we need temporary solution
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
yanshDoctor:
Technology
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by yanshDoctor: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Technology
hhahahahahahahaga hahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahaga hahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahaga hahahahahahaha is been a long time I had a good laugh.
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by Babalegba(m): 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
Opinions are like ar*seholes,everybody has one
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
yanshDoctor:
hhahahahahahahaga hahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahaga hahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahaga hahahahahahaha is been a long time I had a good laugh.
You are not serious but it's the reality. Loool
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by chiefcontroller: 12:04am On Apr 15, 2016
hope we dont get to this stage

2 Likes

Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by 2sexyus: 12:40am On Apr 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:
Nigeria is in doom. oil will never go up again in next 20 years. by then renewable energy will be out which will punch out all oil producing nation.

by then it will be cheaper to use the naira in toilet than the toilet paper
prophet of doom.
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by enlightenedmind: 1:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Luckylife:
The National Assemble ought to have check and scrutinise the conditions of this deals before the president signing anything.
Which National Assembly? That one or another one you hid somewhere? Mstweee. I am actually disappointed in you OP. That u believe that ur National Assemble has the intellectual capacity to access international trade deals and foreign exchange market...

THEIR TAUGHT HE COULD GO FREE IF HE CHANGES A LAW THAT WAS A CRIME WHEN HE COMMITTED HIS OFFENCE TO A NON-CRIMINAL LAW NOW [A FUTURE DATE]. BUT HE HAS ALREADY COMMITTED THE OFFENCE WHEN IT WAS A CRIME.

That is living proof of the daftness, stupidity, dullness, illiteracy and ... really lost of words..
Re: China And Zimbabwe Deal. Is There Anything Nigeria Need To Learn? by tdayof(m): 1:30am On Apr 15, 2016
chiefcontroller:
hope we dont get to this stage
that's old... Zimbabwe has been using US dollars and Rand for sometime now.

(1) (Reply)

– One Of The Founding Fathers Of Ebonyi State, Senator Dr. Ofia Nwali Dies At 7 / 10 Facts To Know About Nigeria's First Coup(with Pictures) / Checkout This Throwback Photo Of Ex-cross Rivers 1st Lady, Onari Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.