Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (731074 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dickson2000(m): 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
oyeludef:
yeah, its painful sometimes but one just av to keep pushing.. One day God will do it..
Amen
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by SenatorJChris: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
oyeludef:
merit was also considered.. Those invited were majorly those who studied related courses
My brother I don't know how merit or no merit was defined in this context. However, I think everyone that meets the minimum requirement as stated on the advert should be considered "merit". The truth still remains that not everyone who applied for a job will be invited, regardless of whatever qualifications he/she possesses. It's left for the recruiter to determine the best criteria for selecting candidates (maybe relevant experience or membership of professional organizations or recommendations from top).

I am not making a case in support of firs, as it is a common practice in Nigeria that getting job is based on connection, but we need to recognize fact that not everyone will be called and those that were called merit it.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sipisipi: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
SenatorJChris:

My brother I don't know how merit or no merit was defined in this context. However, I think everyone that meets the minimum requirement as stated on the advert should be considered "merit". The truth still remains that not everyone who applied for a job will be invited, regardless of whatever qualifications he/she possesses. It's left for the recruiter to determine the best criteria for selecting candidates (maybe relevant experience or membership of professional organizations or recommendations from top).

I am not making a case in support of firs, as it is a common practice in Nigeria that getting job is based on connection, but we need to recognize fact that not everyone will be called and those that were called merit it.
Anyway the did has been done,to be candid my brother,nobody is glorifying that fact that everyone should be called,what am saying is that once you have the educational qualification needed,professional qualification and a few years of experience,you should be giving an opportunity to sit for a test so as to choose the best from that test,not that they will start calling people in secrecy,so as not to be publicized, you know how federal government jobs are -open to everyone,As you said that its left for recruiter to determine the best criteria for selecting candidates, yes I subscribe to that but the recruiter has to be transparent and fair in the selection process, that is why you see most agencies published names of shortlisted candidates so as to show transparency in line with federal character from the start,
now in a recruitment like FIRS which is open to all,is it fair to be calling people in secrecy?

5 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sipisipi: 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
so the best way is to call people in secrecy?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sipisipi: 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2017
God help us in this country

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tunlex01(m): 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
oyeludef:
merit was also considered.. Those invited were majorly those who studied related courses
Really? Even as a Chartered Tax Practitioner and an Accounting graduate, I wasn't called for the interview. Please tell me how you arrived at this your conclusion?

7 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by BigDealz: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
Cry me a river for all I care... If the wailers also had an opportunity, they would gladly accept the offer... All those bragging on their qualifications here, did you hear of one of the candidates having SSCE or ND? I was at the venue and those I saw are not just those with paper qualifications but also years of experience... Anyone can be chartered whatever, if you know how to read... But that's never up to what someone with even 5 years experience have.

I'm not supporting godfatherism, but please let's stop making it seem asif those invited are nonentities... Nothing comes free in this part of the world. The lady making a case for her brother too should know her brother is not the most qualified and as such she also wanted to disenfranchise someone else too but "power pass power". And as for the angry HRs, they may kindly resign if they are not happy... How many of them even were employed on merit self... And sincerely, speak for your " contact" HR alone!

Lastly, make it in life, get in or have personal contact with those in power... It happens even in multinationals, foreign nations and everywhere... Even God said "I'll have mercy on whoever I chose to"... But I can assure u it is well... I live around there, not that I'm a candidate anyway...

14 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 3:07am On Oct 28, 2017
BigDealz:
Cry me a river for all I care... If the wailers also had an opportunity, they would gladly accept the offer... All those bragging on their qualifications here, did you hear of one of the candidates having SSCE or ND? I was at the venue and those I saw are not just those with paper qualifications but also years of experience... Anyone can be chartered whatever, if you know how to read... But that's never up to what someone with even 5 years experience have.

I'm not supporting godfatherism, but please let's stop making it seem asif those invited are nonentities... Nothing comes free in this part of the world. The lady making a case for her brother too should know her brother is not the most qualified and as such she also wanted to disenfranchise someone else too but "power pass power". And as for the angry HRs, they may kindly resign if they are not happy... How many of them even were employed on merit self... And sincerely, speak for your " contact" HR alone!

Lastly, make it in life, get in or have personal contact with those in power... It happens even in multinationals, foreign nations and everywhere... Even God said "I'll have mercy on whoever I chose to"... But I can assure u it is well... I live around there, not that I'm a candidate anyway...
don't be so mean.. Ppl av waited over a year for dis recruitment so u expect dem to react with the manner it took. Every Nigerian who went tru d rigors of studying and getting certified deserves dis job so there should have been a level playing ground for all.. By d way it was just an interview nd not an invitation for offer of employment...

9 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by chaffman: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2017
Wow! So much bars, Eminem n Trump Sh*t aint got nothing on this
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by clily: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2017
Hmmmm, this Firs job must be really juicy..how much do they offer for entry graduates btw

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by shobabey: 12:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Sad as it may seem. I feel the pain of those stating their views about the recruitment process and it's so real. Being my second application to FIRS as I once did a cbt test years back in Abuja maybe 2009 or so. I passed the test which was displayed immediately and those who didn't make it were asked to leave. They took our biodata and that's all till now. And this again. But I really wish all invited good success in every other stage left. And for those of us not called let's move on and pray for the best. If we were called we wouldn't raise a brow about the recruitment process would we Let's keep the hope alive and not cry over spilled milk. wink wink wink

5 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayosoccer(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Yaasir:

It is 100% true. The source of your information might not be authoritative enough. I said it earlier people might not get mail or text for obvious reason. You can ask your contact to reconfirm from head office. You might be working there but not having enough information.
Mr Yaasir, kindly update the house. Is this the end of the long wait since August 2016?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayosoccer(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
medulla01:
d interview about firs today is real.im tru with my interview today and i give thanks to God.d interview is in batch today first set start 8am and second set 12pm.if u receive test message for d interview pls go it is nt a scam because some people here give people negatively impression.there is still interview tommorrow for other batch.i wish other people get messge for interview.note if u have interview tommorrow go with national id,international passport or driver lience and u must know ur firs application id no and ur bank act no.
Dear medulla01, what is the latest? Have you received any further communication? Please, don't let us get sidetracked in this ongoing recruitment o, some of us don't know anyone except El Shaddai o.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayosoccer(m): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hafsat24:

I doubt you can gate crash..the securities check for your invite..the officials still check your invite,id before you are let into the hall..this is for kano though
Our delectable Hafsat24, please kindly update the house as soon as you get further info. God bless you richly.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayosoccer(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
chaffman:
Anyone has an idea of wen those that passed the interview will be called?
We wait on God o... I really hope we can scale through till the end.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Hobowobo(f): 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Amen.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dahaz(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
clily:
Hmmmm, this Firs job must be really juicy..how much do they offer for entry graduates btw
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Kitequincy: 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
The 160k is it for officer 11?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by frontlinePM(m): 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
Good Evening House, For those that had their interviews last week, I wish you luck at the end, for those that are not invited for the interview. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

Can anybody tell us What's the next thing after this interview?

Where are the FIRS mandated areas, I mean apart from States headquarters and FCT, which other places do FIRS staff works?

Which of the three cadres is highest, Tax officer 1, Tax Officer II, or Assistant Manager Tax?

Thanks. Yemi

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by actright1: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2017
@ all, i heard there will be 2nd batch of the FIRS recruitment, can someone also confirm from their various sources
and revert to the house.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by nusinusi: 11:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Second batch ko, third batch ni.MOVE ON AND REMOVE YOUR MIND FROM THIS PARTICULAR RECRUITMENT.if it comes,fine.if not,life goes on

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by chaffman: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
actright1:
@ all, i heard there will be 2nd batch of the FIRS recruitment, can someone also confirm from their various sources
and revert to the house.
Na JAMB supplementary list dey come out that year o
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Ibrochaka(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2017
actright1:
and revert to the house.
the second batch you are hoping for I think should be NIS (Nigerian Immigration service) . That is if you applied!!!!

For FIRS, it's over!!!!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by jonaboy: 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2017
frontlinePM:
Good Evening House, For those that had their interviews last week, I wish you luck at the end, for those that are not invited for the interview. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

Can anybody tell us What's the next thing after this interview?

Where are the FIRS mandated areas, I mean apart from States headquarters and FCT, which other places do FIRS staff works?

Which of the three cadres is highest, Tax officer 1, Tax Officer II, or Assistant Manager Tax?

Thanks. Yemi
I will try and answer your questions as best as I can.
FIRS has Offices in strategic economic towns of every state. For example, in Kaduna state, FIRS have Offices in Kaduna town, Kafanchan, and Zaria towns.
Asst. Manager Tax is the highest position, followed by tax Officer I, then Tax officer II.
I hope I answered your questions?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by frontlinePM(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
Perfectly... Thanks

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 3:35am On Oct 31, 2017
Why was Yaasir post hidden? Please boss post wateva it was u posted again. Ur information has been very helpful

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Expensive85: 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
jonaboy:

FIRS has Offices in strategic economic towns of every state. For example, in Kaduna state, FIRS have Offices in Kaduna town, Kafanchan, and Zaria towns.
Asst. Manager Tax is the highest position, followed by tax Officer I, then Tax officer II.

Many thanks for this timely intervention.
Please, is there any further updates after the interview?
Remain Blessed
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Johny316: 2:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
jonaboy:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Hobowobo(f): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2017
Happy new month
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bayosoccer(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Expensive85:

Many thanks for this timely intervention.
Please, is there any further updates after the interview?
Remain Blessed
Good hearted people on this thread should kindly give the available update(s). Everything/everyone just went silent after the interview. We'll appreciate any update o... either positive or negative. Thanks folks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.