Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Health System Injustice In Nigeria: A Cry From A Broken Heart - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health System Injustice In Nigeria: A Cry From A Broken Heart (11616 Views)

White Man Compares A Dog In US & Health System In Lagos / Have You Ever Lost Someone Due To The Inadequacies Of Our Health System? / Nigeria Ranks 187 Out Of 190 In Health System, Falls Behind African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Health System Injustice In Nigeria: A Cry From A Broken Heart by chuksbogus: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
I have been holding myself from commenting on this issue but, I saw that some people here are honestly ignorant on what is going on. please pay attention to these points

1: every nurse is an RN. both degree and none

2: you need to pass the council final (board exam) to be licenced to practice nursing. this exam is done in final year in school of nursing and in 3yr in uni but some schools choose to write it any time.if you don't pass this Council exam after 2or 3 chances u can go on and get your bsc nursing but can't practice and can be called a nurse.

3: having said above it become obvious that what makes u a nurse is the RN exam not the degree exam and these two groups of nurse RN/BSC take this exam to be licenced to practice.

any body here that is saying that the problem is NANNM is misinformed as the body is trying to put his house in order. no profession have two scheme for service the difference should be the entry point as the profession tries to phase out schools of nursing.

for UGONSA asking for internship just like that will be difficult. mind u internship has approved but it will be difficult to implement cos in the old scheme of service there is no provision for nurse intern hence no place to place them.NANNM is fighting for all nurses interest but this group is just for themselves.
I attached the propose scheme of service by NANNM and u will see that

1: nurse intern is place on Conhess 8 which is grade level 9
2. Post NYSC, BSC will be employed on Conhess 9 which is grade level 10.
3: This will take 6 to 8 yrs for a double qualified nurse from school of nursing and another 1yr and 6monts post basic (4.6yr)s of academic work to get to that level.

NANNM is not against any nurse but some nurses are feeling that they are better than others. these others are people that stood in the gap for most of them when they were going to school. some of these nurses did their shift for them to go and write their exams. some of these nurses were inconvenienced in the duty roaster to accommodate the schedule of these other nurses that are going to school. now they are out and felt those other nurses are substandard.
I am a BSC nurse doing my MSC but am not in support of what UGONSA is doing or better put the way they are going about it. NANNM propose scheme of service is very fair to both crop of nurses but UGONSA want it all.

If UGONSA have taken pain to go through this scheme of service they will see that their problem is solved cos once it is approved then their is a place for internship and that will start as it has been approved but they are blindly fighting that they are the nursing officers and others are nursing superintendent or what Eva. meaning that the graduate nurses should have their own scheme of service and the school of nursing graduates will have their own scheme of service not minding that it's the same exam that licences both of them.
I plead with UGONSA TO Allow peace rain and see things rightly

Re: Health System Injustice In Nigeria: A Cry From A Broken Heart by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
plendil:

Are you a nurse? If so then I must say this is the kind of attitude that's causing problems for the profession.

No actually it is ur type that cause problems to nursing. You uneducated lots who cannot see beyond their nose

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos LCDA Approves 100% Pay Rise For Doctors In Phcs / .... / Do You Still Bite Your Fingernails?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.