Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far (43468 Views)

Emma Ugolee: "Why Davido, Wizkid & Olamide Are The Biggest Acts In Nigeria" / Why Davido Sacked His Former Manager, Kamal Ajiboye Over Juju Threat [PICS] / 7 Controversial Celebrities Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2016
When i heard Sony music/Hkn artiste ,Davido has decided to sign two new artistes to his Davido Music Worldwide /Hkn gang, i was excited that finally hkn will have some real good artiste aside the video vixen and by fire by force rapper on the label.

Considering what Olamide is doing with ybnl and lil kesh,adekunle gold and chinko ekun likewise wizkid 's starboy with LAX and maleekberry , i felt davido took a step in the right direction to finally stop hkn from being a one succesful artiste label.

Haven disposed off deekay from the label and with only danagog trying to break in big, he announced signing a new guy named Mayourkun who he met on twitter after he did a cover of Davido's The money.

Fastforward, he also signed rapper dremo. I was really excited when i heard this mayourkun guy (who davido said if he did not win next rated at headies, he would turn the world upside down ) dropped his first single titled Eleko.

I quickly downloaded the song already excited from all the hype and all on social media, and after listening to the track, i fully agreed that this song was the worst song to come out of HKN and the worst song of 2016 after korede bello mungo park.

And i will state my reasons...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nixiepie(f): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2016
grin naija music I hail oo
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by mrpatozky(m): 10:59am On Apr 15, 2016
End time songs... Am not surprised lol

DANCE LOVERS CHECK OUT

Dance9ja..com

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 15, 2016
Review of Mayourkun Eleko..

BEAT

Right from the beginning of the song, i was wondering whether i actually downloaded mayourkun eleko or a yoruba movie soundtrack.. Any good music listener that hears that song would agree with me that the beat was wack. Right from the very beginning..

I mean who uses that kind of ancient beats and takum takum kum kum snares again... What happened to shizzi ? What happened to joshbeats ? Both producers signed to hkn

dont get me wrong,puffy T is a good producer (he produced yahooze,9ice Sugar) but this eleko beat looked like a 2001 beat he kept and davido just called like,

puffy.,abeg give the kid one beat make he sha just release something,

had it been the song had been used for a yoruba film titled iya eleko ,am sure it would have been a hit..

Considering the fact that his mum(mrs toyin adewale) is a yoruba actress, i believed this song was written for one of her upcoming movies.. Definitely, this cant be for the competitive nigerian market.

LYRICS

the lyrics for me is 20 percent.. The heavy yoruba accent and local slangs were a total turnoff.

This song is just a total dissapointment.

Lyrics like touch me you will see am soft like pap are not what we are praying..

Lyrics mo yabara,..Even the arrangement and verses are so poor..

No one liner Ender... No shock factor. No distinctiveness.the only saving Factor in this song is Mayourkun 's endearing voice which again was not well mixed and floated like palm oil on the puffy tee beat...

Conclusion

Mayourkun may be a good artiste (esp from his good voice) but this is sure not a way to begin a career at hkn.... I would advice mayourkun and davido to find a distinctive style for his brand, a genre suitable for him at the same time acceptable to the nigerian market,. Get a good and compatible producer and then, a good mixing and mastering engineers before shooting videos of wack songs for their artistes and downing them the CEO old clothes...

I pray to see Mayourkun at the top and not for him to become HKn dancer 2 which they wanted to turn deekay into before he left...

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 15, 2016
Iamsynord:
When i heard Sony music/Hkn artiste ,Davido has decided to sign two new artistes to his Davido Music Worldwide /Hkn gang, i was excited that finally hkn will have some real good artiste aside the video vixen and by fire by force rapper on the label.

Considering what Olamide is doing with ybnl and lil kesh,adekunle gold and chinko ekun likewise wizkid 's starboy with LAX and maleekberry , i felt davido took a step in the right direction to finally stop hkn from being a one succesful artiste label.

Haven disposed off deekay from the label and with only danagog trying to break in big, he announced signing a new guy named Mayourkun who he met on twitter after he did a cover of Davido's The money.

Fastforward, he also signed rapper dremo. I was really excited when i heard this mayourkun guy (who davido said if he did not win next rated at headies, he would turn the world upside down ) dropped his first single titled Eleko.

I quickly downloaded the song already excited from all the hype and all on social media, and after listening to the track, i fully agreed that this song was the worst song to come out of HKN and the worst song of 2016 after korede bello mungo park.

And i will state my reasons...
brother, them dea make dem money, you don baff?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
kilokanmi... I dnt even DOWNLOAD d song sef

hot gist:: Nollywood Actress Liz Da Silva Flaunts
Legs In New Photos http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/04/nollywood-actress-liz-da-silva-flaunts.html?m=0
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by WukedP(m): 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Front page abeg make we get more customers
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by michphenomena(m): 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Iamsynord:

BEAT

Right from the beginning of the song, i was wondering whether i actually downloaded mayourkun eleko or a yoruba movie soundtrack.. Any good music listener that hears that song would agree with me that the beat was wack. Right from the very beginning..

I mean who uses that kind of ancient beats and takum takum kum kum snares again... What happened to shizzi ? What happened to joshbeats ? Both producers signed to hkn

dont get me wrong,puffy T is a good producer (he produced yahooze,9ice Sugar) but this eleko beat looked like a 2001 beat he kept and davido just called like,

had it been the song had been used for a yoruba film titled iya eleko ,am sure it would have been a hit..

Considering the fact that his mum(mrs toyin adewale) is a yoruba actress, i believed this song was written for one of her upcoming movies.. Definitely, this cant be for the competitive nigerian market.

LYRICS

the lyrics for me is 20 percent.. The heavy yoruba accent and local slangs were a total turnoff.

Lyrics like touch me you will see am soft like pap are not what we are praying..

No one liner Ender... No shock factor. No distinctiveness.the only saving Factor in this song is Mayourkun 's endearing voice which again was not well mixed and floated like palm oil on the puffy tee beat...

Conclusion

Mayourkun may be a good artiste (esp from his good voice) but this is sure not a way to begin a career at hkn.... I would advice mayourkun and davido to find a distinctive style for his brand, a genre suitable for him at the same time acceptable to the nigerian market,. Get a good and compatible producer and then, a good mixing and mastering engineers before shooting videos of wack songs for their artistes and downing them the CEO old clothes...

I pray to see Mayourkun at the top and not for him to become HKn dancer 2 which they wanted to turn deekay into before he left...

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord
.... bro,i hail oooooo.....who ur analysis don epp?

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by ijebu2020: 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
@Op...u really sound like an enemy of progress. nobody needs your opinion abt HKN and Mayorkun........you go do your own thng and leave those guys kk can u do better.......pls stop the hate uhhmmm and we dnt need ur opinion at all

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by nuelzy: 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
op...if u will listen to me...always keep ur observations to ur self....cos even ppl dat knows u re saying the truth will be d first to label u a hater...

nigeria is a scam

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by IamOpemipo(m): 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Wts dis guy sayin?

Who English lyrics don help? 9ice spit 95perecent yoruba and got recognition and fame tru it..this sam shi forced oda musician to sing in their mother tongue..street/ibile ti take ova..

U can say the beat/lyrics is wack buh how many naija songs dey mak sense this days??..and in case u didn't notice, the playful use of words and ryhmin was d shi that makes d song a jam..

In less dan 8days, d song has ova 800k views on youtube..pls wen last did an upcomer/newface had dt kinda achievement in a short while..

Dnt jus write article for writing sake..chek youtube, tooxclusive, notjusok and gt pple's reactions..its been 90% positive on dis eleko song..
Nuff said

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by ClassCaptain(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Eleko is a totally wack song

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
ijebu2020:
@Op...u really sound like an enemy of progress. nobody needs your opinion abt HKN and Mayorkun........you go do your own thng and leave those guys kk can u do better.......pls stop the hate uhhmmm and we dnt need ur opinion at all

that fact that you dont agree with my opinion does not mean others wont,,

and please read what i stated in my last paragraph
.cheers..

9 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
nuelzy:
op...if u will listen to me...always keep ur observations to ur self....cos even ppl dat knows u re saying the truth will be d first to label u a hater...

nigeria is a scam

lol i swear. His second guy that hkn signed ,dremo also dropped a song titled Fela..why didnt i criticise it ?

Because it was dope.9/10...but this eleko ehn

truth is bitter tho...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by hatux: 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
@iamsynord_won lo e gbe ina so ri, biko put it down. For sure igi aruwe,owa lo yabara. Ori Iya mi eleko Awon to n LA mi gan ti ko fo yingan. .

Good analysis bro, though the song is danceable and don't forget that's what is selling in Nigeria...

I won't be surprise if Dremo switch into that kinda rubbish they sing in HKN, I know dremo is one talented guy I once mentioned him amongst acts to watch out for this year in one of my post even before Davidi signed him...

Nice post once again!

Lalasticlala abeg shift this to the permanent site na wink...

4 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by hazyfm1: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by kennysteve77: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2016
R
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by cherryice(f): 8:58am On Apr 18, 2016
Hiann see beef

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by NwaNimo1(m): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2016
ok
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by porrigeyam(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2016
-U never blow
-no record label don sign u
-but u have the time to write this about another artist about to blow

Ur case be like techno shading iPhone during phone commercial we all know who go still sell pass

U can't compare dat ur otunbate to eleko #fact

20 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Segadem(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Monimatic(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by kullozone(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2016
lol
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by NwaNimo1(m): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2016
They're all talent less.....
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by cutekimani(f): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2016
I totally agree

Iamsynord:

BEAT

LYRICS

Conclusion

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by CUM4WHAT(m): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2016
mrpatozky:
End time songs... Am not surprised lol
DANCE LOVERS CHECK OUT
Dance9ja..com
nice blog... gotta bookmark this
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by truthspeaks: 9:02am On Apr 18, 2016
OK. Nxt productive news pls...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sophia Momodu Hits The Club With Her Beautiful Looks (Photo+video) / Fancy Acholonu Gets Her Trailer On A TV Show / Anita Joseph Shares 2008 Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.