Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,121 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far (43491 Views)

Emma Ugolee: "Why Davido, Wizkid & Olamide Are The Biggest Acts In Nigeria" / Why Davido Sacked His Former Manager, Kamal Ajiboye Over Juju Threat [PICS] / 7 Controversial Celebrities Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Carlson001(m): 12:57am On Apr 21, 2016
This is one of the problems in the Nigerian Music Industry.
Most of the fans don't want to listen to the lyrics anymore & in this case, even the beat ain't cool. So, what exactly are they looking for in a track?
@iamsynord, a job well done.
Respect to all 'em Boogey, Ruby Gyang, M.I, Timi Dakolo, X.O Senavoe, et al.
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by joeyarticles: 9:22am On Apr 21, 2016
Davido Dissing his cousin brother because of this same guy you are calling wack.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
http://www.prestnaija.com/davido-not-happy-cousin-calls-twitter/
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by marcus101(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2016
Some guys go just wake up on the wrong side of their bed, enta nairaland, then post nonsense.
The Eleko song wey I hear no be the one wey OP don talk bout here! Either local lyrics or not, the song na hit ohohoh.
Even people wey study music no fit produce Eleko hit!
If u 8 Eleko, u beta go work at critics or metacritics!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Emik09(m): 7:52am On Apr 25, 2016
oloshi ni OP the song is number 1 on Itunes. Hater. The boy is very good, too bad you can never be successful like him
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Ricadob(m): 7:36am On May 13, 2016
OP I respect the time taken to write this indepth analysis.
I must say tho that it's very flawed and far from the truth.
Frankly I Was sure it wasn't the same mayorkun song eleko that you were talking about.
Baba it's a great song under all headings you highlighted.
Great beat, great production, great presentation and timing.. Not much of a TV person so I only saw half the video once...can't judge.

Overall this is a great song: Cool and yes-emotional.

The structure of your write up shows you know what you're doing but the content does not represent public opinion at all..
A review is different from your personal opinions on a matter
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Ricadob(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2016
cheesy grin grin baba you don March P
Emik09:
oloshi ni OP the song is number 1 on Itunes. Hater. The boy is very good, too bad you can never be successful like him
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by yungsamchukwu1(m): 12:48am On May 17, 2016
guy u b fool no go find food chop dey here dey yarn dust btw d worstest song is now now1 on d billboard 2weeks now back to back→ ori iya mi elerko(dancing)
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by OkunrinMeta: 3:59am On May 22, 2016
[size=18pt]. I don't know what this guy is saying. I absolutely love the song! I have heard it 50 times already. You need a a good headset to enjoy the beat and you need a healthy appreciation of the Yoruba language to appreciate the lyrics. For a new artist, this is dope. I don't know why some people that can't sing to save their own lives, can't recognise good music and are also quick with their loud mouth to criticise a rising artist.[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Sammieb(m): 10:06am On Jun 01, 2016
I believe the person that wrote this article listened to the song over a transistor radio's speaker or some cheap headphone.
The song is 100% on point coming from a new kid on the block. Give the Guy some credit abeg.
Olamide, Phyno and other notable 9ja artist spill out hits songs in local dialect...What's Your Stress...If U don't understand Yoruba...'Pack Well'...why you carry carry carry fire fire for your head O (In Mayorkun voice)?

The Lyrics is on point

And Your analysis on the Beat been old school is laughable...Jay z Big Pimpin beat of 1999 sampled that of 1957 hit Arabian song "Khosara Khosara"
If a Song doesn't flow well with You...take a Chill Pill...
If U want to be analytical bring out strong facts not irrational baseless points like use of Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo lyrics and Beats.
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Tblaze1st: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
@ Iamsynord:
First you need to be a lover of all kind of good Nigeria music to understand this song. Even the beat alone is dancable. Also not sure your kinda TV set or what you have been watching, but how on earth does this sound like something for/from a Nigeria movie.
The fact is after reading your write-up, i felt bad for you labeling a song well received bad and trying to end the writeup with a pat on the back of the artist and label.
Not sure if you or anyone will read this, but if they do, i dnt know this artist...but i heard this song and it melted my boredom and gave me a need to go out and hangout. so i totally do not agree with you Iamsynord and its sad that even your opinion count. kudos thou.
Now just in-case you really truly dont speak street(afterall thats what sells now in Nigeria since dagrin) or have the opportunity to ask any lagosian what those words mean, below is a site that translated the words in english:

http://www.update360ng.com/2016/05/english-translation-meaning-and-lyrics-mayorkun-eleko-music.html

@Mayokun and davido...you guys did a good job kudos[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Blesyneojb: 4:52am On Jun 12, 2016
Iamsynord:

lol i swear. His second guy that hkn signed ,dremo also dropped a song titled Fela..why didnt i criticise it ?

Because it was dope.9/10...but this eleko ehn

truth is bitter tho...

He is busy making money from the sack u idiotic son of a cunt
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Blesyneojb: 4:52am On Jun 12, 2016
Iamsynord:

lol i swear. His second guy that hkn signed ,dremo also dropped a song titled Fela..why didnt i criticise it ?

Because it was dope.9/10...but this eleko ehn

truth is bitter tho...

He is busy making money from the wack song.... u idiotic son of a cunt
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by kingadelela: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm not sure if it's the same Eleko I know that you are yammering about, I mean it doesn't sound like anything you described it as, you have probably been watching the back of your TV set that's the only explanation I can think of to justify what your post, if the song is one of the worst songs in 2016 like you said, I wonder why it even made it to any countdown, and I wonder why sensible people who appreciates good music still listen to it.the fact that you don't like it doesn't give you the right to label it as bad people have different music taste I get that,but this is way over board, ranging from u calling
the beat whack, to the other stuffs you posted that I don't even want to think of.just so you know Eleko is one of the best songs that has been produced this year, ranging from the beat, lyrics and every other thing that makes a good song. so I suggest you take a chill pill and stop talking about things you know nothing of.
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by kingadelela: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
no like seriously WTF are you yammering about I don't think it's the same Eleko I know I mean that song is dope as Bleep and by far one of the best songs of 2016 so dude I don't understand what you are even saying,ranging from calling the beat old and saying his voice isn't clear, your phone's mouthpiece is probably condemned cus that's the only explanation I can think of to justifying the rubbish u posted, the song has been number one on countdowns for as long as I can count,so for the fact that you that like it doesn't give you the right to talk shit about it,i suggest you stop being a bitter hater or better yet a fan in denial ND stop seeing yourself as an almighty critic ND quietly take a chill pill
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Jaggie: 9:45am On Jul 01, 2016
It was as if Mayokun knew what was gonna happen and said,
''won lo gbena sori ?''
C'mon guys, leave sum1s headache for him.
Evn dose of u who mean well for him, why u carry, carry fire, fire for your head o
Whether Davido lent him his underwear and car, itz nobody's biz.
Its called hustlin', so face ur world nd leave another's.
Damn, why I carry, carry fire, fire for my head eeh.

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by domopps(m): 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
Your write up made me download the song both video and audio.......and I must say

You sounded more bitter or rather wanted that platform from HKN and not Mayorkun this is the same way CDQ would be disturbing the whole estate with his singles bro abeg help me play am abeg help me send to your colleagues in your office like 3 years ago and see him today because he was not hating those on top or ahead of him....

Your write up is more of hatred on the small boy just coming up in d industry you even compare his song to a. Yoruba movie sound track because his mum is a leading Yoruba actress!

9ice Ajasa Da-grin of blessed memory Olamide seriki Illbliss Phyno even Mr Raw and co are all doing their things in native language yet they are all known

The song is danceable and okay for Nigerian music standard of today!

Meanwhile I also downloaded your Otubante am still trying to like it and Eleko is getting more likes home and abroad!

Cheeeeeers
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Kabir5643(m): 8:10am On Jul 30, 2016
Go and sing yours. lol enemies of progress
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
I heard the song for the first time today at a Sallah party and I just had to ask the DJ what the title of the song is and who sang it. The OP got this one totally wrong , very danceable , lyrically okay , good beats and there's nothing wrong with the Yoruba lyrics.

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by olufunzy: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
Eleko is one of the few naija songs i never get tired listening to....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sophia Momodu Hits The Club With Her Beautiful Looks (Photo+video) / Excited Chef Frames Texts Of Order Davido Placed In Her Restaurant (Pix, Video) / Oritsefemi Celebrates Daughter Patience's Birthday Party In Her Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.