Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far (43489 Views)

Emma Ugolee: "Why Davido, Wizkid & Olamide Are The Biggest Acts In Nigeria" / Why Davido Sacked His Former Manager, Kamal Ajiboye Over Juju Threat [PICS] / 7 Controversial Celebrities Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Mistermamus(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
1million views and u say its d worst song of 2016. Guy u just a hater abeg keep ya silly opinion

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by helphelp: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Lmao...
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by BrightEye(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Lol
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by billionman: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Ironically, the worst songs sell better in naija.

And as for the 1 million views on YouTube, because he is a new art, people would want to view his debut video to see what he is made of hence the high number of views.

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Realone92(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Huh haba over one million views in 10days ... Yet u guys are criticizing :jam of the year !!! Haters will always hate !!!

Abeg make una swerve go lagoon ...

5 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by ochoa(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 18, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Eleko is a totally wack song
the video has reached 1 million views just in 10 days.
Garri may be wack but it still sells faster than Noddles

3 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by SimpleBea(m): 9:05am On Apr 18, 2016
In awon werey's voice. Awon werey 100%

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2016
This is the worst article of 2016 so far.

3 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by BrightEye(m): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2016
Iamsynord:
Review of Mayourkun Eleko..

BEAT

Right from the beginning of the song, i was wondering whether i actually downloaded mayourkun eleko or a yoruba movie soundtrack.. Any good music listener that hears that song would agree with me that the beat was wack. Right from the very beginning..

I mean who uses that kind of ancient beats and takum takum kum kum snares again... What happened to shizzi ? What happened to joshbeats ? Both producers signed to hkn

dont get me wrong,puffy T is a good producer (he produced yahooze,9ice Sugar) but this eleko beat looked like a 2001 beat he kept and davido just called like,

puffy.,abeg give the kid one beat make he sha just release something,

had it been the song had been used for a yoruba film titled iya eleko ,am sure it would have been a hit..

Considering the fact that his mum(mrs toyin adewale) is a yoruba actress, i believed this song was written for one of her upcoming movies.. Definitely, this cant be for the competitive nigerian market.

LYRICS

the lyrics for me is 20 percent.. The heavy yoruba accent and local slangs were a total turnoff.

This song is just a total dissapointment.

Lyrics like touch me you will see am soft like pap are not what we are praying..

Lyrics mo yabara,..Even the arrangement and verses are so poor..

No one liner Ender... No shock factor. No distinctiveness.the only saving Factor in this song is Mayourkun 's endearing voice which again was not well mixed and floated like palm oil on the puffy tee beat...

Conclusion

Mayourkun may be a good artiste (esp from his good voice) but this is sure not a way to begin a career at hkn.... I would advice mayourkun and davido to find a distinctive style for his brand, a genre suitable for him at the same time acceptable to the nigerian market,. Get a good and compatible producer and then, a good mixing and mastering engineers before shooting videos of wack songs for their artistes and downing them the CEO old clothes...

I pray to see Mayourkun at the top and not for him to become HKn dancer 2 which they wanted to turn deekay into before he left...

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord

can you please share us link to download the song?

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by babyfaceafrica: 9:08am On Apr 18, 2016
OP..please get well soon

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by wethebest(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2016
kk
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by winkmart: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2016
Iamsynord:

BEAT

Right from the beginning of the song, i was wondering whether i actually downloaded mayourkun eleko or a yoruba movie soundtrack.. Any good music listener that hears that song would agree with me that the beat was wack. Right from the very beginning..

I mean who uses that kind of ancient beats and takum takum kum kum snares again... What happened to shizzi ? What happened to joshbeats ? Both producers signed to hkn

dont get me wrong,puffy T is a good producer (he produced yahooze,9ice Sugar) but this eleko beat looked like a 2001 beat he kept and davido just called like,

had it been the song had been used for a yoruba film titled iya eleko ,am sure it would have been a hit..

Considering the fact that his mum(mrs toyin adewale) is a yoruba actress, i believed this song was written for one of her upcoming movies.. Definitely, this cant be for the competitive nigerian market.

LYRICS

the lyrics for me is 20 percent.. The heavy yoruba accent and local slangs were a total turnoff.

Lyrics like touch me you will see am soft like pap are not what we are praying..

No one liner Ender... No shock factor. No distinctiveness.the only saving Factor in this song is Mayourkun 's endearing voice which again was not well mixed and floated like palm oil on the puffy tee beat...

Conclusion

Mayourkun may be a good artiste (esp from his good voice) but this is sure not a way to begin a career at hkn.... I would advice mayourkun and davido to find a distinctive style for his brand, a genre suitable for him at the same time acceptable to the nigerian market,. Get a good and compatible producer and then, a good mixing and mastering engineers before shooting videos of wack songs for their artistes and downing them the CEO old clothes...

I pray to see Mayourkun at the top and not for him to become HKn dancer 2 which they wanted to turn deekay into before he left...

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord

Myself and some other few Nairalanders and maybe your friends have ur OTUBANTE...its cool though...but far from what mayorkun offered.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by scachy(m): 9:12am On Apr 18, 2016
I agree with you. I rushed to download d song after Davido's hype on Twitter, but was disappointed when I listend to the song. Despite all d hype.I just pray that he brings something interesting next time. I never heard about Lil.Kesh for once, but his songs made me to do research about him, and that's what a talented artiste should be. Not overrated and hype artiste
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by sabdaz: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2016
In Nigeria, once all the FM stations start playing it regularly, you will be forced to learn it more than your national anthem. Davido himself isn't that fantastic a real musician. What do u expect? Beefs apart.... I love all kinds of music passionately, be it, Fuji, juju, hip hop, r n b, pop, country etc but, here, we only appreciate the stuffs that contains nonsense. Naked women, money starching etc

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Empress2014(f): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2016
WarRLaY:
brother, them dea make dem money, you don baff?
cheesy cheesy he no get soap

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2016
Iamsynord:

BEAT

LYRICS

Conclusion

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord
hater spotted, that song is a hit whether u like it or not, maybe bred paid u to do this §hit who knows

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by horlaryeenqar: 9:18am On Apr 18, 2016
Som ppl will just come to the social media platform and be spitting fiddle faddle. Ow could someone say that kinda song is wack? Bro that is Afro pop song for u tho. It's not err'body that will flow the way others do. That's is d guy's brand and with tym he's gon do better

4 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Chanchit: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Wolf06: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2016
most times listening to songs just once is boring, you have to hear it play a few more times before you really can know

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by donfineboi: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2016
I am not a fan of naija music but this song is well composed and vocally tight. With a lovely instrumentals. Its a great song whether you like it or not. Deal with it!!!!

Iamsynord:
When i heard Sony music/Hkn artiste ,Davido has decided to sign two new artistes to his Davido Music Worldwide /Hkn gang, i was excited that finally hkn will have some real good artiste aside the video vixen and by fire by force rapper on the label.

Considering what Olamide is doing with ybnl and lil kesh,adekunle gold and chinko ekun likewise wizkid 's starboy with LAX and maleekberry , i felt davido took a step in the right direction to finally stop hkn from being a one succesful artiste label.

Haven disposed off deekay from the label and with only danagog trying to break in big, he announced signing a new guy named Mayourkun who he met on twitter after he did a cover of Davido's The money.

Fastforward, he also signed rapper dremo. I was really excited when i heard this mayourkun guy (who davido said if he did not win next rated at headies, he would turn the world upside down ) dropped his first single titled Eleko.

I quickly downloaded the song already excited from all the hype and all on social media, and after listening to the track, i fully agreed that this song was the worst song to come out of HKN and the worst song of 2016 after korede bello mungo park.

And i will state my reasons...

6 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by fako1(m): 9:22am On Apr 18, 2016
Iamsynord:

BEAT

LYRICS

Conclusion

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord

I dont even have to read to the last. All i saw was just hates. All this YBNL boiz and LAX that u comparing wt d dude. wetin dem sef dey sing? If u want to be sincere, be objective.

Moreover, this just the first official single. This guy is up and coming na. Those wey drop hit, wey no fit drop anoda one nko? I disagree on this article man. Totally Disagree!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2016
I blame the mod who push this to frontpage. Not really surprised since the kitty-cat story about Linda was published as well. This Mayourkun of a guy is new in the game, so why are you trying to pull him down. Smh !!
Iamsynord:

BEAT

LYRICS

Conclusion

Rating 2/10

written by @Iamsynord

twitter @iamsynord

4 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by siegfried99(m): 9:26am On Apr 18, 2016
WarRLaY:
brother, them dea make dem money, you don baff?

You dey mind am grin

Op sing ya own..make we hear grin
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Urine: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2016
This Op is high on peak milk

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Carltonblaze(m): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2016
Your opinoin does not count bro, the download counts and the youtube views differ with your opinion so keep it to yourself
Iamsynord:
When i heard Sony music/Hkn artiste ,Davido has decided to sign two new artistes to his Davido Music Worldwide /Hkn gang, i was excited that finally hkn will have some real good artiste aside the video vixen and by fire by force rapper on the label.

Considering what Olamide is doing with ybnl and lil kesh,adekunle gold and chinko ekun likewise wizkid 's starboy with LAX and maleekberry , i felt davido took a step in the right direction to finally stop hkn from being a one succesful artiste label.

Haven disposed off deekay from the label and with only danagog trying to break in big, he announced signing a new guy named Mayourkun who he met on twitter after he did a cover of Davido's The money.

Fastforward, he also signed rapper dremo. I was really excited when i heard this mayourkun guy (who davido said if he did not win next rated at headies, he would turn the world upside down ) dropped his first single titled Eleko.

I quickly downloaded the song already excited from all the hype and all on social media, and after listening to the track, i fully agreed that this song was the worst song to come out of HKN and the worst song of 2016 after korede bello mungo park.

And i will state my reasons...

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Dyt(f): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2016
Was forced to watch it

All I can hear is maloyabara
Why you carry carry fire for your head
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Indifferent about the song sha

1 Like

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by tdayof(m): 9:32am On Apr 18, 2016
Op stay there and keep analyzing someone else success. Well this is life... your opinion of his video doesn't need to be his reality...

A lot of positive comments on the song YouTube page.. well you are noticed already...

Without people like you someone success can't be noticed...

I will never let anyone opinion of me be my reality.. your opinion, your business.

2 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by Section8(m): 9:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Dat song is Nonsense but naija like nonsense so....
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by kevoh(m): 9:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Nigerians and constructive critcism are like oil and water, they can never mix. They will just jump up,like pop corn in hot oil and start calling you hater. One even claimed not to have read the OP's post to the last but somehow he disagrees with the OP (Iamsynord) undecided and called him hater. Yet the OP's conclusion is almost the same thing he agrees to,when you didn't read it in the first place, how would you know?

3 Likes

Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by kowalsky: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
-U never blow
-no record label don sign u
-but u have the time to write this about another artist about to blow

Ur case be like techno shading iPhone during phone commercial we all know who go still sell pass

U can't compare dat ur otunbate to eleko #fact

everyone cannot be musicians bruv.
everybody cannot blow.
that doesn't mean there shouldn't be constructive criticism bout all d thrash this guys spew out as songs every now and again.

to someone saying his video had 800k views that's because pple expected more from him.
he keeps up with this kinda shit he ain't gonna last.

songs in Nigeria have turned into a wack breed of stupid lyrics and somewhat sound beats nd production.
artistes don't task themselves to write mind warping songs. instead we just here holabooboo shouts about sometin intertwined wit a nice beat..

ps. I've not listened to the song and I don't even know who mayorkun is. but I'm pretty sure as long as he gat something to do with davido Id know what's expected
Re: Why Davido Act.,Mayorkun Eleko is the worst Song of 2016 so far by dumodust(m): 9:49am On Apr 18, 2016
Because of this post i just watched the song on youtube... that song was very very good by Nigerian standards , the beat was very good to me i must confess so i dont understand what the poster felt was wrong with it. I didnt understand the lyrics because i dont hear yoruba but he seemed to be saying stuff that wasnt too repetitive and give me songs in our local languages anyday...this is a great artiste for a first song...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Excited Chef Frames Texts Of Order Davido Placed In Her Restaurant (Pix, Video) / Oritsefemi Celebrates Daughter Patience's Birthday Party In Her Secondary School / Sophia Momodu Hits The Club With Her Beautiful Looks (Photo+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.