Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You (47279 Views)

Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You / See magnified images of everyday items that will shock you / 60 Acronyms You Might Not Know Their Meaning !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by anochuko01(m): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2016
that ETC sounds funny but true... END OF THINKING CAPACITYgrin
back in the days during exams, I see ETC as a means of evading questions! after defining a term, I just put one example and then ETCgrin
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by justi4jesu(f): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2016
wroskian:
NYSC- Now Your Suffering Continues. cheesy

grin
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Sijo01(f): 11:18am On Apr 16, 2016
Wow, am really shocked.
NEPA - Never Expect Power Always
BMW - Be My Wife
APC - Another Promise Cancelled

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by PassingShot(m): 11:18am On Apr 16, 2016
wroskian:
Na You Sabi Chop
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2016
PDP - papa deceive pickin
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Aromas: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2016
RIP Remain In Power DPO Diverting Peoples Ownership

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by mohioma: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2016
UIA04:
NEPA

never expect power always

PHCN. .......PLEASE HOLD CANDLE NOW!

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by BossDanniee(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Visocrate(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2016
Objection killed
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Coldfeets: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2016
What's shocking?

Where's the shocking?

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by elitejosef: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2016
lordmayor2013:
Do we know actual full form of some words

•News paper =
North East West South past and present events report.

•Chess =
Chariot, Horse, Elephant, Soldiers.

•Cold =
Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease.

•Joke =
Joy of Kids Entertainment.

•Aim =
Ambition in Mind.

•Date =
Day and Time Evolution.

•Eat =
Energy and Taste.

•Tea =
Taste and Energy Admitted.

•Pen =
Power Enriched in Nib.

•Smile =
Sweet Memories in Lips Expression.

•SIM =
Subscriber Identity Module

•etc. =
End of Thinking Capacity

•OK =
Objection Killed

•Or =
Orl Korec (Greek Word)

•Bye =
Be with you Everytime.

share these meanings as majority of us don't know
Nice one

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by KOLZY(m): 11:23am On Apr 16, 2016
PMB - PRESIDENT MOHAMMED BUHARI PDP - APC -
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:23am On Apr 16, 2016
LastMumu:
Eat = Energy and taste?

Newspaper = North East West South Past and Present event Report?
What the _fuck is the meaning of this foolishness? Paper is just paper, it has no bloody acronym! angry

And the _fuck is 'Objection Killed' for Ok? Ok is the short way of writing 'Okay'.
Who ever compiled this _shit needs to be shot! angry
abi nah. So if i say News, i mean north east west south. nonsense
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by cybriz82(m): 11:25am On Apr 16, 2016
U av brain in dis world n u never thought abt it b4 cus u av thinkin thru ur anus oh what a pity #smh
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by IVORY2009(m): 11:25am On Apr 16, 2016
Sensational! shocked

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2016
Figment of op's imagination-

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by OlujobaSamuel: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2016
kudos. I know of NEWS before now.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by frozenSun(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2016
F. U. C. K
fornication
under
consent of
King
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 16, 2016
wroskian:

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by lonelydora: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2016
Yomieluv:
Is this real,or the op creative mind?

Whichever,Me like it.

I think Op creative mind. Me likey too.
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Johnny19: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2016
I don't buy d acronym NEWSPAPER
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2016
PHCN= Please Hold Candle Now

APC= Association of Past Criminals

BADOO= Babes Always Dress Outrageously Online

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by jstriker442(m): 11:35am On Apr 16, 2016
LastMumu:
Eat = Energy and taste?

What the _fuck is the meaning of this foolishness? Paper is just paper, it has no bloody acronym! angry

And the _fuck is 'Objection Killed' for Ok? Ok is the short way of writing 'Okay'.
thank you. Op jst dy yarn rubbish
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by naijapips02: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2016
LastMumu:
Eat = Energy and taste?

first post i'm sharing on Nairaland and it was worth it. cool
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by jstriker442(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2016
lordmayor2013:
Do we know actual full form of some words

•News paper =
North East West South past and present events report.

•Chess =
Chariot, Horse, Elephant, Soldiers.

•Cold =
Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease.

•Joke =
Joy of Kids Entertainment.

•Aim =
Ambition in Mind.

•Date =
Day and Time Evolution.

•Eat =
Energy and Taste.

•Tea =
Taste and Energy Admitted.

•Pen =
Power Enriched in Nib.

•Smile =
Sweet Memories in Lips Expression.

•SIM =
Subscriber Identity Module

•etc. =
End of Thinking Capacity

•OK =
Objection Killed

•Or =
Orl Korec (Greek Word)

•Bye =
Be with you Everytime.

share these meanings as majority of us don't know
so, toilet paper = ??
Filter paper = ??
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Hero10001: 11:39am On Apr 16, 2016
DD - Daura Durllardo.
DSS - Daura Secret Service
APC - All Progressive Criminal.
No light, no fuel, no job, no hope, no life, prices of goods and services soaring high.
Chai, may devil purnish Apc.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by bitrhyme(m): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2016
Ewatomi26:
I strongly believe, this is just the OP being creative.

Guess what Op, you are creative.

Lovely piece.

Ewatomi as in Ewa ati omi meaning beans and water in yoruba. Nice name
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by slyrone(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2016
GMG= Ghana Must Go
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by chokoman(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2016
wroskian:
bro..na. Only u go suffer o..cuz as for NYSC now my struggle continue...opari...
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by tegoguy(m): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2016
et cetera (in English; /ɛtˈsɛtərə/; Latin pronunciation: [ɛt ˈkeːtɛra]) (rare: etceteros) (abbreviation: etc. or &c.) is a Latinexpression that means "and other things", or "and so forth" or "yadi yada". It is taken directly from the Latin expression, which literally means "and the rest (of such things)" and is a calque of the Greek "καιὶτα τέρα" (kai ta tera: "and the other things"; the more usual Greek form is "και τα λοιπά" kai ta loipa: "and the remainder"wink. Et means "and"; cēterameans "the rest".

While entertaining, this is far from truth and amounts to rubbish. Have we forgotten about Latin and Greek which forms most of our English words?

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by eLcastro(m): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2016
I created ma fav myself....my name TONI>>Together,Obviously Notin'z Impossible cool cool
Re: Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You by Wolfbrother(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2016
Allow me to ADD one BS= Bullsh*t

Example : All your acronyms are BS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This UNILAG Babe, Oluwabunmi Ehuwa Is Missing / ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities / Who Are The Most Educated Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.