Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In (2355 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / Preacher Begs For A Car, Tired Of Trekking (Video) / "Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
[i][/i] Why does an all-loving, all-knowing, all-powerful God leave his children in this constant confusion of not knowing which is the correct interpretation of Scriptures which has led men into many different sects and at the same time wars and witch-hunts where tens of millions have been killed?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by psucc(m): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Much as you're confused so they also.

The truth is that we refuse to subject pur self to the leadership of the Holy Spirit for proper guidance.

More so, in a bid to get the intent of our heart, we give different interpretations to the scripture but thank God, nevertheless, the foundation stands sure.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Hawlahscho(m): 7:55am On Nov 07, 2016
All-loving, all-knowing , all-powerful

If you had remembered to add UNQUESTIONABLE to the names, you wouldn't have asked the question.

Anyway, I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION. wait for those who may know.

I guess nobody does cheesy
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Wilgrea7(m): 8:04am On Nov 07, 2016
HomoSapiien:
[i][/i] Why does an all-loving, all-knowing, all-powerful God leave his children in this constant confusion of not knowing which is the correct interpretation of Scriptures which has led men into many different sects and at the same time wars and witch-hunts where tens of millions have been killed?

because we major on the minor and minor on the major... we left the teachings of Christ and built a religion... that was where the problem started from
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 9:52am On Nov 07, 2016
Wilgrea7:

because we major on the minor and minor on the major... we left the teachings of Christ and built a religion... that was where the problem started from

what and what are the teachings of Christ and what makes it different from the Christianity being practiced today?
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2016
Hawlahscho:
All-loving, all-knowing , all-powerful
[b] If you had remembered to add UNQUESTIONABLE to the names, you wouldn't have asked the question. /b] cheesy

So in other words we are to remain dumb and believe blindly?

1 Like

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Hawlahscho(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2016
HomoSapiien:

So in other words we are to remain dumb and believe blindly?

Remain dumb and dont believe. Instead of believing opposite BLINDLY
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Remain dumb and dont believe. Instead of believing opposite BLINDLY

Poo!

Let me put it to you in a more friendly way. Christians claim their God is not an author of confusion, whereas the religion itself is a pool of confusion. Who's lying and how do we determine the truth?
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2016
HomoSapiien:

As much as the Bible is written in plain words and language, they carry deeper spiritual meanings, but the problem with humanity is that we depend too much on our human knowledge to interpret God's word.

The Bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy spirit, and until Christians and the world at large learn to yield to the Holy Spirit for him to interpret the scriptures from God's own perspective, this current confusion will continue.

The Bible as plain as it looks, is embedded with mysteries that only the One who inspired its writing can reveal.

God isn't the one responsible for this self-induced confusion, but the inability of man to develop a personal relationship with God: it is only and only through the instrumentality of a personal relationship with God, that can grant man the ability to interpret the scriptures, and avoid unnecessary confusion.

It is man's duty to read the word, but interpretation is for the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:13 ►

New International Version
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

New Living Translation
When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit's words to explain spiritual truths.

English Standard Version
And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

Berean Study Bible

And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

Berean Literal Bible
which also we speak, not in words taught of human wisdom, but in those taught of the Spirit, communicating spiritual things by spiritual means.

New American Standard Bible
which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

King James Bible
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Wilgrea7(m): 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
HomoSapiien:

what and what are the teachings of Christ and what makes it different from the Christianity being practiced today?

read the gospels of Matthew Mark luke and John and compare it with what u hear in churches today
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
HomoSapiien:

If you love the truth and wants the right interpretation, you can get it. If you aren't sincere, you will sweam in the ocean of confusion. Besides, some truths are kept hidden by God until a time He wish it be revealed. No matter how you wish to interpret those ones, you ll keep failing.

The problems in the world are the product of men who took a different route from their creator. God cannot be blamed. We have free will, what you sow, you reap. For the obedient ones, there future is bright

2 Likes

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by akintom(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
JMAN05:

If you love the truth and wants the right interpretation, you can get it. If you aren't sincere, you will sweam in the ocean of confusion. Besides, some truths are kept hidden by God until a time He wish it be revealed. No matter how you wish to interpret those ones, you ll keep failing.

The problems in the world are the product of men who took a different route from their creator. God cannot be blamed. We have free will, what you sow, you reap. For the obedient ones, there future is bright

Based on what this God has REVEALED so far, the revelations are either impossible, conflicting or contradicting.

1 Like

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by akintom(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

As much as the Bible is written in plain words and language, they carry deeper spiritual meanings, but the problem with humanity is that we depend too much on our human knowledge to interpret God's word.

The Bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy spirit, and until Christians and the world at large learn to yield to the Holy Spirit for him to interpret the scriptures from God's own perspective, this current confusion will continue.

The Bible as plain as it looks, is embedded with mysteries that only the One who inspired its writing can reveal.

God isn't the one responsible for this self-induced confusion, but the inability of man to develop a personal relationship with God: it is only and only through the instrumentality of a personal relationship with God, that can grant man the ability to interpret the scriptures, and avoid unnecessary confusion.

It is man's duty to read the word, but interpretation is for the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:13 ►

New International Version
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

New Living Translation
When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit's words to explain spiritual truths.

English Standard Version
And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

Berean Study Bible

And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

Berean Literal Bible
which also we speak, not in words taught of human wisdom, but in those taught of the Spirit, communicating spiritual things by spiritual means.

New American Standard Bible
which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

King James Bible
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Does this inspired books include Genesis to Deuteronomy?
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 08, 2016
akintom:

Based on what this God has REVEALED so far, the revelations are either impossible, conflicting or contradicting.

Meaning you just don't know what he has revealed so far, cos it isn't conflicting. Have it in mind that if you don't have love for the truth, God will allow a deluding influence to operate on you so that you go on believing the lie rather than the truth. (2Thes 2:10-12) You must have the right heart to glean the truth in Gods word.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by akintom(m): 6:48am On Nov 08, 2016
JMAN05:

Meaning you just don't know what he has revealed so far, cos it isn't conflicting. Have it in mind that if you don't have love for the truth, God will allow a deluding influence to operate on you so that you go on believing the lie rather than the truth. (2Thes 2:10-12) You must have the right heart to glean the truth in Gods word.

You guys assume too much, and rather irrationally.

Your revealed God says:

1. The soul that sin shall die....

2. He turned around and says, i will avenge sin of the father to 4th generations.... OF them that sin against him....

Is this not grand nonsense?
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by UyiIredi(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2016
JMAN05:

@ bold: In other words, you must throw your brain out the window to see the truth in God's word. Doubtless, there is truth in the Bible. But there are also outlandish lies and illogicalities.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Hawlahscho(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2016
HomoSapiien:

Poo!

Let me put it to you in a more friendly way. Christians claim their God is not an author of confusion, whereas the religion itself is a pool of confusion. Who's lying and how do we determine the truth?

Lol.

The same way a 2-year old boy sees mathematics problems as pool of confusion whereas it is not so if he understands. grin
I'm through with yougrin

1 Like

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
akintom:

You guys assume too much, and rather irrationally.

Your revealed God says:

1. The soul that sin shall die....

2. He turned around and says, i will avenge sin of the father to 4th generations.... OF them that sin against him....

Is this not grand nonsense?

Sincere people ask questions of what they don't understand, not concluding that what they misunderstood is nonsense. I for one decided not to waste my time with insincere ones. When you are ready, ask appropriate questions with the right words.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
UyiIredi:

@ bold: In other words, you must throw your brain out the window to see the truth in God's word. Doubtless, there is truth in the Bible. But there are also outlandish lies and illogicalities.

Nope. God encourage reasonable and thorough search into His word. Paul used logic to convince others. This would be meaningless if he were to lock his brain. (Acts 17:3).

However, morality is objective, and the Supreme One reserves the right to set standard of right and wrong. But He wants willing obedience to His standards. Not by force.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by akintom(m): 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
JMAN05:

Sincere people ask questions of what they don't understand, not concluding that what they misunderstood is nonsense. I for one decided not to waste my time with insincere ones. When you are ready, ask appropriate questions with the right words.

You will have to first explain, how my question on the conflicting character of your revealed God, is misunderstood, before going on to another one with you.

You simply can't delve into this. One of your brothers on NL attempted it, but fizzled out without apologizing for his ignorance.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
akintom:

You will have to first explain, how my question on the conflicting character of your revealed God, is misunderstood, before going on to another one with you.

You simply can't delve into this. One of your brothers on NL attempted it, but fizzled out without apologizing for his ignorance.

When you are ready ask questions and you ll be helped. If you have a default conclusion, that's isn't sincerity and I don't waste my time with such people.

My brother hasn't replied your question. That is, if you know my brothers!

2 Likes

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by kolaish(m): 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
HomoSapiien:
There is nothing confusing, it is we men that are confused. God created Adam and Eve and put them in a paradise (Garden of Eden). They disobeyed their creator, was driven out of the Garden and brought sin into the world. In order words, sin and death came through Adam but life and eternal life was restored through Jesus Christ who came and died to redeem man from sin and death. Yet men still did not believe him even when he was alive and even when he died and rose from the dead. Do not get me wrong, as long as we remain in this world, we are in an evil infested world.

So, those that kept to the teaching of Jesus Christ and do those things that are pleasing to the Almighty God shall, after death live eternally in paradise in the new life to come.

God is not an author of confusion. for example, a founder (God) established a school, his aim amongst other things is to ensure students (people) get well educated, but not all that comes to school will obey the school teachings, law and regulations, so some (rebellious people and unbelievers) will fail woefully, while others (believers) will excel excellently. So, is it the fault of the founder of the school that some students choose to fail?

Your question can be likened to someone blaming the founder of the school for establishing a school when he know that people will fail and saying that why didn't he just pack book and put inside all their head so that they can all be educated. Everyone's choice in life is voluntary just as the school is voluntary, if one likes, submit yourself and worship God and get the reward of living eternal life thereafter, if you like, be rebellious and suffer the persecution in the life to come.

1 Like

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by donttouch: 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
HomoSapiien:
I only see one who wants to start blaming God.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by shadeyinka(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
HomoSapiien:

Why do some students still fail an exam taught by the best teacher in the university?

But, sincebyou are not even a registered student, the question is above your head!

1 Like

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by shadeyinka(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
HomoSapiien:

Why do some students still fail an exam taught by the best teacher in the university?

But, since you are not even a registered student, the question is above your head!

1 Like

Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

is the best teacher also all power all knowing like your god? Or how are you sure about the ones that passed the supposed exam? using your foolish analogy, has any exam been done or passed by some to even know those that failed??

But, since you are not even a registered student, the question is above your head!

I don't know where you got this notion from, but you must be very stupid to make this claim.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by shadeyinka(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
HomoSapiien:

is the best teacher also all power all knowing like your god? Or how are you sure about the ones that passed the supposed exam? using your foolish analogy, has any exam been done or passed by some to even know those that failed??

I don't know where you got this notion from, but you must be very stupid to make this claim.

I can just imagine how deep the filth is where those words were spewed out from!.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

I can just imagine how deep the filth is where those words were spewed out from!.

shadeyinka:

It's okay to call someone you don't know an illiterate?

I can imagine your arrogance and egotism.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by shadeyinka(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
HomoSapiien:

It's okay to call someone you don't know an illiterate?

I can imagine your arrogance and egotism.

I never called you an illiterate. I only said in other words that "it takes being a registered student to comprehend the question".

The fact that you do not know things about the Schrodinger wave equation does not mean that you are stupid: it only means you didn't study advanced level Physics.
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

I never called you an illiterate. I only said in other words that "it takes being a registered student to comprehend the question".

So what are you calling me A literate?

You said I'm not a registered student, where did you get that from? Oh! I see, you went to check my recent comments to draw your conclusion? Sorry, you had a wrong conclusion bro, and i know it's as a result of your arrogance and ego. You tried to mock me because i said in my recent post that I've tried to gain admission but couldn't. Well done, you just showed the color of a true Christian...i get it bro, i get it.

"The fact that you do not know things about the Schrodinger wave equation does not mean that you are stupid: it only means you didn't study advanced level Physics.

oh well!
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by shadeyinka(m): 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
HomoSapiien:

So what are you calling me A literate?

You said I'm not a registered student, where did you get that from? Oh! I see, you went to check my recent comments to draw your conclusion? Sorry, you had a wrong conclusion bro, and i know it's as a result of your arrogance and ego. You tried to mock me because i said in my recent post that I've tried to gain admission but couldn't. Well done, you just showed the color of a true Christian...i get it bro, i get it.

oh well!

I am so sorry you got me completely wrong. God forbid, I would never ever mock a person for a state he didn't cause. I never even looked at your profile. I don't know your educational status.

I am sorry if I communicated a wrong information. I strongly believe that no one has anything except that which he is given from above. There isn't one reason I should boast about anything.

So sorry my friend. I use illustrations and analogies a lot, my use of physics and Schrödingers wave equations were coincidental if it was derogatory. I just wanted to show that intelligence isn't measured by PhDs.

The use of Registered student was from my earlier post
https://www.nairaland.com/3423081/real-fake-student-university-heaven
If you have the time, you may check it out.

Hope we can be friends?
Re: Christians, This Question Begs For An Answer. Please Come In by HomoSapiien: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
shadeyinka:

I am so sorry you got me completely wrong. God forbid, I would never ever mock a person for a state he didn't cause. I never even looked at your profile. I don't know your educational status.

I am sorry if I communicated a wrong information. I strongly believe that no one has anything except that which he is given from above. There isn't one reason I should boast about anything.

So sorry my friend. I use illustrations and analogies a lot, my use of physics and Schrödingers wave equations were coincidental if it was derogatory. I just wanted to show that intelligence isn't measured by PhDs.

The use of Registered student was from my earlier post
https://www.nairaland.com/3423081/real-fake-student-university-heaven
If you have the time, you may check it out.

Hope we can be friends?

Okay, i understand you clearly after reading the link. Thank you. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Proof Of God Existense Will Atheists Accept? Opinion / 5 Female Pastors Who Converted To Islam- What Are Their Reasons. / THE BLESSING OF THE HOUSE OF THE LORD By Pastor Paul Enenche (6/6/2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.