Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim (2280 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by yomilala(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
It amazed me when I see people patronising the pork seller.
The pork seller also displays the flesh of roasted pork in such a way that
you will be forced to buy even if you are not interested in buying it in the first place.
I do ask myself, are they ignorant of the enormous effect of eating pork?
The creator of the pig and the universe warned us against the eating of the pork.
This can be seen in the two (2) guards we follow (Bible & Qur’an) It was mentioned
3times in the Bible and 4times in Qur’an where Almighty God said eating pork is forbidden
for mankind.
Quran 16v115. He has only forbidden to u dead animals, blood, d flesh of swine, And that which has been dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced (by necessity), neither desiring (it) nor transgressing (its limit) then indeed, Allah is forgiving and merciful. And Qur’an 2v173, Q.5v3.
Similarly, Leviticus 11vs7-8 ‘And d swine, though he divide d hoof, & be clovenfooted,yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to u. Of their flesh shall u not eat, and their carcase shall u not touch; they are unclean to u.
Deutronomy 14vs5. And d swine, because it didvideth d hoof, yet cheweth not d cud, it is unclean unto u. U shall not eat d flesh, nor touch their dead carcase. And Isaiah65 2-5, Leviticus 11 7-8.
And Jesus said in Gospel of Mathew 5 17-20 Think not that I have come to destroy the law of the Prophet: I am not come to destroy but to fulfil. For verily i say unto u, till heaven and d earth pass,
Away, not iota, not a dot will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Whosoever therefore shall
break one of the least commandment and teaches men so, shall be called least in d kingdom of heaven but he who those them and teaches them shall be called d great in d kingdom of heaven.
Either u r xtain or Muslim, eating pork is forbidden as stated in d 2 guards.
For those that did nt believe in either of d religion, Let analyze what today’s reasoning, Logic or science says abt pork.
Today’s science tells us that if u eat just a flesh of pork, there are chances of having 70 types of disease like tapeworm and roundworm etc. No matter how long u cook it, d egg (tapeworm) will never die. Tapeworm is most dangerous among them. It stays in d intestine and it’s very long. It can move from the intestine to d organs of d body. It can enter d eye and cause blindness, enter d brain and cause brain damages. Enter d heart and cause heart attack. Today’s science tells us that regular consumer of pork can have hypertension. Today’s science tells us that by eating pork, there are chances of having dangerous disease.. Today’s ’science tells us that pig is d dirties animal on d surface of the earth. Wherever you find dirt there is pig. Today’s science tells us that if u eats pigs regularly then u behave like a pig. Pig is shameless animal on the earth. It is good for every one of us to obey our creator and be successful.

1 Like

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by bigtt76(f): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
OP

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by ibasky2619: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
FTC. IN CASE THIS HIT FP. grin grin

bro no be ur pork no be ur meat no be ur mouth and no be ur stomach. I no expect u to dy shit rubbish

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by parisbookaddict(f): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
yomilala:
you will be forced to buy even if you are not interested in buying it in the first place.
The creator of the pig and the universe warned us against the eating of the pork.
This can be seen in the two (2) guards we follow (Bible & Qur’an) It was mentioned
3times in the Bible and 4times in Qur’an where Almighty God said eating pork is forbidden
for mankind.
Quran 16v115. He has only forbidden to u dead animals, blood, d flesh of swine, And that which has been dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced (by necessity), neither desiring (it) nor transgressing (its limit) then indeed, Allah is forgiving and merciful. And Qur’an 2v173, Q.5v3.
Similarly, Leviticus 11vs7-8 ‘And d swine, though he divide d hoof, & be clovenfooted,yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to u. Of their flesh shall u not eat, and their carcase shall u not touch; they are unclean to u.
Deutronomy 14vs5. And d swine, because it didvideth d hoof, yet cheweth not d cud, it is unclean unto u. U shall not eat d flesh, nor touch their dead carcase. And Isaiah65 2-5, Leviticus 11 7-8.
And Jesus said in Gospel of Mathew 5 17-20 Think not that I have come to destroy the law of the Prophet: I am not come to destroy but to fulfil. For verily i say unto u, till heaven and d earth pass,
Away, not iota, not a dot will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Whosoever therefore shall
break one of the least commandment and teaches men so, shall be called least in d kingdom of heaven but he who those them and teaches them shall be called d great in d kingdom of heaven.
For those that did nt believe in either of d religion, Let analyze what today’s reasoning, Logic or science says abt pork.
Today’s science tells us that if u eat just a flesh of pork, there are chances of having 70 types of disease like tapeworm and roundworm etc. No matter how long u cook it, d egg (tapeworm) will never die. Tapeworm is most dangerous among them. It stays in d intestine and it’s very long. It can move from the intestine to d organs of d body. It can enter d eye and cause blindness, enter d brain and cause brain damages. Enter d heart and cause heart attack. Today’s science tells us that regular consumer of pork can have hypertension. Today’s science tells us that by eating pork, there are chances of having dangerous disease.. Today’s ’science tells us that pig is d dirties animal on d surface of the earth. Wherever you find dirt there is pig. Today’s science tells us that if u eats pigs regularly then u behave like a pig. Pig is shameless animal on the earth. It is good for every one of us to obey our creator and be successful.

Dude its Christian and not xtian.

Mohammed didnt receive any revelations about anything. Muslims just copied some of the old dietary laws of the jews.

Billions eat pork every day.. according to ur logic they should be dead or struck down by your imaginary deity invented by mohammed. Incase if you dont know all meat cause increase in cholesterol and bad fat, clogged arteries, etc in the human body especially red meat eg beef, ram etc which is just as bad when eaten often. Regular consumption of lamp, beef etc cause hypertension by increasing plague in the artery walls..even chicken. sad

U also claim that no matter how long u cook pig meat tapeworms and round worms eggs dont die?? So you are claiming these eggs are immortal. Don't you see how retarded that sounds. At 100°c virtually all bacteria and living organism dies... and that includes eggs of what ever creature. .

Dude if pigs are so bad why does allah allow them to exist. Why ban eating them for all eternity. . Why doesnt he make them extinct like the thousands of extinct creatures. .

Think man.. think.

8 Likes

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
parisbookaddict:

Mohammed didnt receive any revelations about anything. Muslims just copied some of the old dietary laws of the jews.

Billions eat pork every day.. according to ur logic they should be dead or struck down by your imaginary deity invented by mohammed. Incase if you dont know all meat cause increase in cholesterol and bad fat, clogged arteries, etc in the human body especially red meat eg beef, ram etc which is just as bad when eaten often. Regular consumption of lamp, beef etc cause hypertension by increasing plague in the artery walls..even chicken. sad

U also claim that no matter how long u cook pig meat tapeworms and round worms eggs dont die?? So you are claiming these eggs are immortal. Don't you see how retarded that sounds. At 100°c virtually all bacteria and living organism dies... and that includes eggs of what ever creature. .

Dude if pigs are so bad why does allah allow them to exist. Why ban eating them for all eternity. . Why doesnt he make them extinct like the thousands of extinct creatures. .

Think man.. think.

He will respond like a robot now and say , " ALLAH KNOWS BEST!

1 Like

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by parisbookaddict(f): 3:42am On Oct 08, 2016
4everGod:

Or insults. .
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Blackfire(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
parisbookaddict:

Or insults. .

or fatwa.
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by iluvkpetus: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
For ye are not defiled by what you eat or drink but by the words that proceed out of thy mouth
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by compton11(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2021
parisbookaddict:

and what is the difference?

parisbookaddict:

Mohammed didnt receive any revelations about anything.
that is your ancestors problem!

parisbookaddict:

Muslims just copied some of the old dietary laws of the jews.
like which Law?

I hope they copied songs of Solomon too?

parisbookaddict:

Billions eat pork every day..
the fact that bible condemed it.

parisbookaddict:

according to ur logic they should be dead or struck down by your imaginary deity invented by mohammed.

mumu

parisbookaddict:

Incase if you dont know all meat cause increase in cholesterol and bad fat, clogged arteries, etc in the human body especially red meat eg beef, ram etc which is just as bad when eaten often. Regular consumption of lamp, beef etc cause hypertension by increasing plague in the artery walls..even chicken. sad
I eat beef everyday and it ain't causing me shit.

parisbookaddict:

parisbookaddict:

Dude if pigs are so bad why does allah allow them to exist.
can u eat tsetse fly,lizard and worm?

Don't think like a stupid idiot,not all animals on earth are meant for eating.

For example donkey is for carry load not for eating.

parisbookaddict:

Why ban eating them for all eternity. . Why doesnt he make them extinct like the thousands of extinct creatures. .

Think man.. think.

Bible condemn pig or not?
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On May 07, 2021
yomilala:
for mankind.
The eating of pork is not forbidden for Christians. I don't know who you let tell you that lie but I know it means you may need to go back to the drawing board as far as your ideas on who Christians are. undecided
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On May 07, 2021
compton11:
and what is the difference?
that is your ancestors problem!
like which Law?
I hope they copied songs of Solomon too?
the fact that bible condemed it.
mumu
I eat beef everyday and it ain't causing me shit...
can u eat tsetse fly,lizard and worm?
Don't think like a stupid idiot,not all animals on earth are meant for eating.
For example donkey is for carry load not for eating.
Bible condemn pig or not?
1. Christian are not followers of the Bible but followers of Jesus Christ hence the word CHRISTian. undecided

If you didnt even realize that before this moment, what makes you believe any of what you think you know of them is true? undecided

2. Look up the Old Covenant dietary laws which can be found written of in Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy for yourself, if you are really interested in learning of those laws. Only those who are bound to that Law/agreement are expected by God to live according to the terms and conditions of that Law. Anyone who attempts to insert himself into that agreement does so against God Himself. undecided

3. Christians can eat anything they want. Pork and every other edible item(every plant and animal included) out there works fine for the Christian diet, mind you. So long as it is edible, it is fantastic and allowed. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by sonmvayina(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Christian are not followers of the Bible but followers of Jesus Christ hence the word CHRISTian. undecided

If you didnt even realize that before this moment, what makes you believe any of what you think you know of them is true? undecided

2. Look up the Old Covenant dietary laws which can be found written of in Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy for yourself, if you are really interested in learning of those laws. Only those who are bound to that Law/agreement are expected by God to live according to the terms and conditions of that Law. Anyone who attempts to insert himself into that agreement does so against God Himself. undecided

3. Christians can eat anything they want. Pork and every other edible item(every plant and animal included) out there works fine for the Christian diet, mind you. So long as it is edible, it is fantastic and allowed. undecided

Are you in anyway suggesting that Jesus has changed the nature of man in some way. So if God forbids man from eating pork 2500 years ago because of the intestinal worms and other diseases associated with eating it. Jesus coming as some how changed the nature of man and as such eating it will not lead to sickness. You must be a daft fellow. ..

I have told you that God's laws are universal and forever....Man must live by them if not there would be chaos..both spiritually and materially....

I don't know where you got the idea that God sent somebody to come and change his laws..if you follow such person you are indirectly becoming a rebel..
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 07, 2021
As long as pork is properly cooked it's good

The only reason it's so bad in religious text is because they didn't know about Pig parasites

1 Like

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On May 07, 2021
LordVoldermort:
As long as pork is properly cooked it's good

The only reason it's so bad in religious text is because they didn't know about Pig parasites
I disagree. Parasites are not simply found in pigs.
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by OkCornel(m): 10:14pm On May 07, 2021
Dear OP, read Genesis 9 and Acts 15.
The only thing Christians are to abstain from are meat with blood in it, and food sacrificed to idols.

Every other thing is fair game.
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38am On May 08, 2021
God forbids eating of some animals because it's not easy to lay them down for slaughter and God doesn't want us to eat the flesh along with it's blood {Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:11, 14} but after Christians have fully understood that eating the blood along with the flesh is unhealthy habit God asked Christians to eat all kinds of meat with their discretion! Act 10:9-15

However when i was still practicing Islam i noticed that Muslims do bled the animals before eating it which coincide with what the Bible teaches but what baffles me is that this same people will later pack the blood of animals in one big bowl allow it to solidify and later cook and eat!

Please why removing the blood in the first place?
Because according to the Bible the reason for not eating dead animals is because the blood was not separated from it's body! undecided
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Nobody: 7:19am On May 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I disagree. Parasites are not simply found in pigs.
Roundworm and tapeworms can be found in pork especially when it isn't cooked properly

1 Like

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Nobody: 7:32am On May 08, 2021

Or the worst case scenario, he straps himself in explosives and starts looking for the guy.
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by PoliteActivist: 8:32am On May 08, 2021
sonmvayina:

Are you in anyway suggesting that Jesus has changed the nature of man in some way. So if God forbids man from eating pork 2500 years ago because of the intestinal worms and other diseases associated with eating it. Jesus coming as some how changed the nature of man and as such eating it will not lead to sickness. You must be a daft fellow. ..

I have told you that God's laws are universal and forever....Man must live by them if not there would be chaos..both spiritually and materially....

I don't know where you got the idea that God sent somebody to come and change his laws..if you follow such person you are indirectly becoming a rebel..

You obviously haven't read the five books of Moses in the Bible. There are about 1000 laws. How many do you obey?
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Sheunma: 9:22am On May 08, 2021
Religious people will employ all manner of gimmicks including their half baked knowledge of science and medicine to further the cause of their favorite god.

LoL. Pigs don suffer in the hands of Muslims in particular. Pigs are dirty. Pigs carry diseases causing organisms aplenty. Pigs do this, pigs do that! Shut the f up! There are animals that carry worse disease causing organisms than pigs and humans have been eating them for centuries. There are fish tapeworms, dog tapeworms etc etc, why is your God fixated on pig tapeworms? Read una no go read. Pigs are dirtiest animal! What load of bollocks! Pigs are matter of factly, one of the cleanest animals around. Just read a book other than your favorite religious books and cure your ignorance.

How people still rely solely on men from thousands or hundreds of years in the past who thought the earth was the centre of the universe or that the sun sets in a pool of mud for scientific or medical information in these modern times is mind boggling. And you see their gullible faithfuls come to pontificate to us about their pedestal reasoning obviously rooted in stone age ignorance.

If you are talking religion, talk religion and don't try to draw parallel between religion and medicine or science. Just say your God or prophet says so and so and move on. The minute you try to justify your archaic believes with science or medicine or both, we are gonna have no choice than cut to pieces the teachings of your ignorant prophets.

1 Like

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by sonmvayina(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2021
PoliteActivist:

You obviously haven't read the five books of Moses in the Bible. There are about 1000 laws. How many do you obey?
The Jewish mitvot has 613 laws, one for each bone in the human body.
But the rest of mankind has only 7 laws called the laws of Noah, since we are all children of Noah.
There are only 7 for the rest of mankind..
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Kobojunkiee: 12:15pm On May 08, 2021
LordVoldermort:

Roundworm and tapeworms can be found in pork especially when it isn't cooked properly
Are parasites only found in pork meat?

http://www.fao.org/news/story/en/item/237323/icode/
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by Kobojunkiee: 12:16pm On May 08, 2021
PoliteActivist:

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by PoliteActivist: 2:29pm On May 08, 2021
sonmvayina:

The Jewish mitvot has 613 laws, one for each bone in the human body.
But the rest of mankind has only 7 laws called the laws of Noah, since we are all children of Noah.
There are only 7 for the rest of mankind..

And one of them is eating pork! What are the other 6?
We of course don't know where you got this and on what authority, and it would seem you just changed the same thing u said cannot be changed. You even tampered with the 10 commandments.
And BTW there are 206 bones in the human body.
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by mhmsadyq(m): 2:52pm On May 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God forbids eating of some animals because it's not easy to lay them down for slaughter and God doesn't want us to eat the flesh along with it's blood {Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:11, 14} but after Christians have fully understood that eating the blood along with the flesh is unhealthy habit God asked Christians to eat all kinds of meat with their discretion! Act 10:9-15

However when i was still practicing Islam i noticed that Muslims do bled the animals before eating it which coincide with what the Bible teaches but what baffles me is that this same people will later pack the blood of animals in one big bowl allow it to solidify and later cook and eat!

Please why removing the blood in the first place?
Because according to the Bible the reason for not eating dead animals is because the blood was not separated from it's body! undecided

Every practicing Muslim should know that eating blood in any form is haram. You should also have known that.
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by enilove(m): 9:25pm On May 08, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Every practicing Muslim should know that eating blood in any form is haram. You should also have known that.

Eating blood is Haram ?
That means Muhammad committed Haram :

Hadith
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا شَرِيكٌ، عَنِ الْعَبَّاسِ بْنِ ذَرِيحٍ، عَنِ الْبَهِيِّ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ عَثَرَ أُسَامَةُ بِعَتَبَةِ الْبَابِ فَشُجَّ فِي وَجْهِهِ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏‏ أَمِيطِي عَنْهُ الأَذَى ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَتَقَذَّرْتُهُ فَجَعَلَ يَمَصُّ عَنْهُ الدَّمَ وَيَمُجُّهُ عَنْ وَجْهِهِ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ لَوْ كَانَ أُسَامَةُ جَارِيَةً لَحَلَّيْتُهُ وَكَسَوْتُهُ حَتَّى أُنَفِّقَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏"

It was narrated that 'Aishah said:

"Usamah stumbled at the threshold of the door and cut his face. The Messenger of Allah said: 'Remove the harm (the blood) from him,' but I was repulsed by that. He started to suck the blood and remove it from his face, then he said: 'If Usamah were a girl, I would have adorned him and dressed him until I married him off."'

Da'if (Darussalam)

English : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1976
Arabic : Book 9, Hadith 2052
Sunan Ibn Majah
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:43pm On May 08, 2021
You want to joke, right? undecided

mhmsadyq:

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by mhmsadyq(m): 5:41pm On May 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You want to joke, right? undecided

OK. You shouldn't be joking with what you don't understand.

[5:3] Al-Māidah-الْمَآئِدَة
"حُرِّمَتۡ عَلَیۡکُمُ الۡمَیۡتَۃُ وَ الدَّمُ وَ لَحۡمُ الۡخِنۡزِیۡرِ وَ مَاۤ اُہِلَّ لِغَیۡرِ اللّٰہِ بِہٖ وَ الۡمُنۡخَنِقَۃُ وَ الۡمَوۡقُوۡذَۃُ وَ الۡمُتَرَدِّیَۃُ وَ النَّطِیۡحَۃُ وَ مَاۤ اَکَلَ السَّبُعُ اِلَّا مَا ذَکَّیۡتُمۡ ۟ وَ مَا ذُبِحَ عَلَی النُّصُبِ وَ اَنۡ تَسۡتَقۡسِمُوۡا بِالۡاَزۡلَامِ ؕ ذٰلِکُمۡ فِسۡقٌ ؕ اَلۡیَوۡمَ یَئِسَ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡا مِنۡ دِیۡنِکُمۡ فَلَا تَخۡشَوۡہُمۡ وَ اخۡشَوۡنِ ؕ اَلۡیَوۡمَ اَکۡمَلۡتُ لَکُمۡ دِیۡنَکُمۡ وَ اَتۡمَمۡتُ عَلَیۡکُمۡ نِعۡمَتِیۡ وَ رَضِیۡتُ لَکُمُ الۡاِسۡلَامَ دِیۡنًا ؕ فَمَنِ اضۡطُرَّ فِیۡ مَخۡمَصَۃٍ غَیۡرَ مُتَجَانِفٍ لِّاِثۡمٍ ۙ فَاِنَّ اللّٰہَ غَفُوۡرٌ رَّحِیۡمٌ ﴿۳﴾

Forbidden to you is carrion (the animal that dies and is not slaughtered according to Islamic law) and (the discharged) blood and pork and that (animal) on which the name of someone other than Allah has been invoked whilst slaughtering and (the animal) that dies by strangling or by a violent blow (not by any sharp instrument) or by falling from a height or the one that has been gored to death or which has been ripped apart and gnawed by a wild beast, save the one which you slaughter (before it dies), and (that animal too is forbidden) which has been slaughtered on idolatrous altars (dedicated to false gods). And this (is also unlawful) that you learn your fortune through divining (with arrows or divide shares by such means). All these works are sins. This day, the disbelievers have lost all hopes of (their heinous designs because) your Din ([Religion] has prevailed). So, (O believers,) fear them not and always fear Me alone. Today I have perfected your Din (Religion) for you, and have completed My Blessing upon you, and have chosen for you Islam (as) Din (a complete code of life). Then if someone gets into a survival situation (and is forced by) ravenous hunger (and intense thirst i.e., driven by dire necessity, provided) he is not prone to sinning (i.e., eats what is forbidden without being wilfully inclined to sin), then Allah is indeed Most Forgiving, Ever-Merciful.
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by enilove(m): 6:23pm On May 09, 2021
mhmsadyq:

"حُرِّمَتۡ عَلَیۡکُمُ الۡمَیۡتَۃُ وَ الدَّمُ وَ لَحۡمُ الۡخِنۡزِیۡرِ وَ مَاۤ اُہِلَّ لِغَیۡرِ اللّٰہِ بِہٖ وَ الۡمُنۡخَنِقَۃُ وَ الۡمَوۡقُوۡذَۃُ وَ الۡمُتَرَدِّیَۃُ وَ النَّطِیۡحَۃُ وَ مَاۤ اَکَلَ السَّبُعُ اِلَّا مَا ذَکَّیۡتُمۡ ۟ وَ مَا ذُبِحَ عَلَی النُّصُبِ وَ اَنۡ تَسۡتَقۡسِمُوۡا بِالۡاَزۡلَامِ ؕ ذٰلِکُمۡ فِسۡقٌ ؕ اَلۡیَوۡمَ یَئِسَ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡا مِنۡ دِیۡنِکُمۡ فَلَا تَخۡشَوۡہُمۡ وَ اخۡشَوۡنِ ؕ اَلۡیَوۡمَ اَکۡمَلۡتُ لَکُمۡ دِیۡنَکُمۡ وَ اَتۡمَمۡتُ عَلَیۡکُمۡ نِعۡمَتِیۡ وَ رَضِیۡتُ لَکُمُ الۡاِسۡلَامَ دِیۡنًا ؕ فَمَنِ اضۡطُرَّ فِیۡ مَخۡمَصَۃٍ غَیۡرَ مُتَجَانِفٍ لِّاِثۡمٍ ۙ فَاِنَّ اللّٰہَ غَفُوۡرٌ رَّحِیۡمٌ ﴿۳﴾

Forbidden to you is carrion (the animal that dies and is not slaughtered according to Islamic law) and (the discharged) blood and pork and that (animal) on which the name of someone other than Allah has been invoked whilst slaughtering and (the animal) that dies by strangling or by a violent blow (not by any sharp instrument) or by falling from a height or the one that has been gored to death or which has been ripped apart and gnawed by a wild beast, save the one which you slaughter (before it dies), and (that animal too is forbidden) which has been slaughtered on idolatrous altars (dedicated to false gods). And this (is also unlawful) that you learn your fortune through divining (with arrows or divide shares by such means). All these works are sins. This day, the disbelievers have lost all hopes of (their heinous designs because) your Din ([Religion] has prevailed). So, (O believers,) fear them not and always fear Me alone. Today I have perfected your Din (Religion) for you, and have completed My Blessing upon you, and have chosen for you Islam (as) Din (a complete code of life). Then if someone gets into a survival situation (and is forced by) ravenous hunger (and intense thirst i.e., driven by dire necessity, provided) he is not prone to sinning (i.e., eats what is forbidden without being wilfully inclined to sin), then Allah is indeed Most Forgiving, Ever-Merciful.

Why is pork haram and Lizard Halal ?

Hadith

Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported:

I and Khalid b. Walid went to the apartment of Maimuna along with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and there was presented to him a roasted lizard. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) stretched his hand towards It, whereupon some of the women who had been in the house of Maimuna said: Inform Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) what he intends to eat. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) lifted his hand. I said: Messenger of Allah, Is it forbidden? He said: No. It is not found in the land of my people, and I feel that I have no liking for it. Khalid said: I then chewed and ate it, while, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was looking (at me).

Sahih Muslim 1945 a
In-book : Book 34, Hadith 63
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 21, Hadith 4790  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim
Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44pm On May 09, 2021
Guy you're just joking because 99% of abattoir workers are Muslims and they do sell blood as meat for people who like eating it like soft liver, when we were little my own uncle (imam) often buys it so that we cook and eat back then! undecided

mhmsadyq:

Re: Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim by mhmsadyq(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Guy you're just joking because 99% of abattoir workers are Muslims and they do sell blood as meat for people who like eating it like soft liver, when we were little my own uncle (imam) often buys it so that we cook and eat back then! undecided

It is now clearer you are not joking but mischievious.

When did 99% of abbattoir workers who are Muslims and your Imam uncle became a source for Islamic law and jurisprudence?

I quoted the words of Allah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your marriage and your Ancestry. By Dr D.K . Olukoya. / Pastor And Pastor (mrs) Adeboye's 50th Wedding Anniversary In Pix / Top 10 Best Nigerian Worship Songs 2018(free Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.