Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II (2577 Views)

1.5L, 1.8L, 3.0L Engine? What Do They Mean In Cars? / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine / Mazda's Breakthrough Makes Sparkless Petrol Engine As Efficient As Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II by chukel(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
I always knew nurey was a woman. grin ak ko ak ni.
chai gazzuz, where u de buy all these lines of humor from. Lwkmd
Re: 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II by baaliyah(m): 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
In my view, the only reason that is cogent is the condition of your car.

1 Like

Re: 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II by salvo583: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
nurey:

This incidents occur at night to early hours of the morning let's say 8pm upto 6am. The roads are bad so you can't zoom when the thief attack because of difference in wheel and shocks the luxurious bus has more advantage than even trailers better ground clearance and badass acceleration. There is a way to know robbery is going on its by not seeing on coming traffic again or those who experience and escaped will warn.

The most annoying is the last one happened around 4am and there were 4 police check point around and non of them decided to intervene even after been told.
As we were passing we saw an hiace bus and a car beside the Bush, a trailer in front of us suddenly men jumped from the Bush they hid at first because of the headlamp light as they came out we heard oya stop there that's when I woke up and several gun shots, the driver swerved left and zoomed away I nearly rolled down the steps. But we warned other vehicles and they decided to find another route or wait for the thing to clear.

The thieves take advantage of the bad road to rob unsuspecting motorists and passengers who saw the police said they had no guns, that they lent it to the thieves to operate with and pay them later
That road isnt funny at all, its a town between Owo and Akure . Thank God for his mercies. Those boys disguised with some yeye road blocks and it was around the harmattan period,so there was fog. My mum was just sharp enough to scale through, i was telling her to slow down because of the road block by the police men. Later on we just reasoned it was the bad guys. My mum just overtook one ford hummer bus. The guys rammed our windscreen and started throwing water melon at us. We lost all the side mirrors,windscreen and front facia. It was only our sienna and the ford hummer that escaped( his car carried one thick wood that caused a damage to his radiator). Policemen were about 10km from the scene and started asking questions with about 50 people that escaped. The man that drove the ford started singing one ibo song. My family of 4 was the only yoruba the rest were northerners. My sister and mum were the only women there, they could speak hausa so they mingled in no time. I was just reading their lips as i could neither speak nor understand hausa.
Re: 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
MULLAH123:
Following
I no dey follow again. please delete this thread.
Re: 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II by MPVGoddess: 12:25am On Apr 26, 2016
nurey:

This incidents occur at night to early hours of the morning let's say 8pm upto 6am. The roads are bad so you can't zoom when the thief attack because of difference in wheel and shocks the luxurious bus has more advantage than even trailers better ground clearance and badass acceleration. There is a way to know robbery is going on its by not seeing on coming traffic again or those who experience and escaped will warn.

The most annoying is the last one happened around 4am and there were 4 police check point around and non of them decided to intervene even after been told.
As we were passing we saw an hiace bus and a car beside the Bush, a trailer in front of us suddenly men jumped from the Bush they hid at first because of the headlamp light as they came out we heard oya stop there that's when I woke up and several gun shots, the driver swerved left and zoomed away I nearly rolled down the steps. But we warned other vehicles and they decided to find another route or wait for the thing to clear.

The thieves take advantage of the bad road to rob unsuspecting motorists and passengers who saw the police said they had no guns, that they lent it to the thieves to operate with and pay them later

I spoke to a driver within the week who collaborates your story.

He says Lagos Abuja is deadly due to the bad spots you spoke of.

He hates that route because those bad spots make good business for kidnappers and thieves.

Lately it seems that there is an upsurge in such crimes.

I read somewhere on this board, I guess the thread on how long one can drive in hours, that driving interstate/long distance in Nigeria is a task that must be done and gotten over ASAP because of the dangers on the road.

In the light of the above, it would seem that the concept of enforcing speed limits on our highways is an extremely dangerous thing to do and may cause more harm than it will prevent, and should never see the light of day since Nigerian roads are not secure.
Re: 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II by nurey(m): 5:49am On Apr 26, 2016
MPVGoddess:

I spoke to a driver within the week who collaborates your story.

He says Lagos Abuja is deadly due to the bad spots you spoke of.

He hates that route because those bad spots make good business for kidnappers and thieves.

Lately it seems that there is an upsurge in such crimes.

I read somewhere on this board, I guess the thread on how long one can drive in hours, that driving interstate/long distance in Nigeria is a task that must be done and gotten over ASAP because of the dangers on the road.

In the light of the above, it would seem that the concept of enforcing speed limits on our highways is an extremely dangerous thing to do and may cause more harm than it will prevent, and should never see the light of day since Nigerian roads are not secure.

The northern parts are safe. It is easy to leave Lagos and move down north, even if you can't make the journey in a day, you can sleep by the road, it's always busy even till 2 to 3am in the early morning and secured. The northerners prefer to beg or toil for money than rob.

The reverse is the case down south we are just too smart and use every opportunity to oppress others. What you notice is all the rubbish uniform men try in the southwest they can't try it in the north. You hardly hear that thieves rob in the north within towns. If you don't meet thieves in the southwest, be ready for ritualists, area thugs, corrupt uniform men or just a tout looking for a way to rip you off.

But with all this God is the protector, I will still do the same journey when needed over and over again, because when God says it's time nobody can argue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Avalon Ship Or Spider / I'm Buying A 3 Year Old Used Lexus Rx 350 2011 For 4.1M, Is It Worth The Price / What Is Axle Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.