Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally (43273 Views)

Ten Equations That Changed The World / 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) / 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by pendusky(m): 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Please which one do I use to calculate if Economy will be better tomorrow and which can i use to calculate the if PMB will win 2019 election

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by lukman885(m): 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
Emexicoman:
Nice one op..... And wonder why they haven't commented? They hate mathematics.... Lol
.... no, they don't know mathematics.. that's why they are not commenting
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nayok(m): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mathematicians are stingy people as well as economists grin cheesy
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by bedspread: 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
SEE ME SEE WAHALA!! YOU WAN CARRY ME GO BACK TO THOSE STUFFS!! NOOOOOO
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mathematics Is Divine smiley
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by bauer00: 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
dotun4luv:
Mathematics is all around us, and it has shaped our understanding of the world in countless ways.

In 2013, mathematician and science author Ian Stewart published a book on 17 Equations That Changed The World. We recently came across this convenient table on Dr. Paul Coxon's twitter account by mathematics tutor and blogger Larry Phillips that summarizes the equations. (Our explanation of each is below):

Here is a little bit more about these wonderful equations that have shaped mathematics and human history:
http://www.mavenvibe.com/2016/04/13/17-equations-that-changed-the-world-totally/
Can some help translate those equations to English pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by ziego(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mathematics and statistics are like six and half a dozen.
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
[size=15pt]HOW IS THIS SOLVING NIGERIAN UNNUMBERED PROBLEMS?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Adex097: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mathematics and Statistics is synonymous to beans and bread. Gaussian normal distribution equation tho wink
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
dotun4luv:
Mathematics is all around us, and it has shaped our understanding of the world in countless ways.

In 2013, mathematician and science author Ian Stewart published a book on 17 Equations That Changed The World. We recently came across this convenient table on Dr. Paul Coxon's twitter account by mathematics tutor and blogger Larry Phillips that summarizes the equations. (Our explanation of each is below):

Here is a little bit more about these wonderful equations that have shaped mathematics and human history:
http://www.mavenvibe.com/2016/04/13/17-equations-that-changed-the-world-totally/
Newton, Schroedinger, Einstein, Boltzmann, Maxwell, Gauss are Physicists.
Unfortunately a Physicists or an engineer approaches zero without the language of science which is mathematics.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by eezor: 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
pendusky:
Please which one do I use to calculate if Economy will be better tomorrow and which can i use to calculate the if PMB will win 2019 election
Probability theorem

5 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by ayokunlei(m): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
vince001:
Cool. I'm familiar with seven.

Jmnn, scholar
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by donphilopus: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
Heromaniaa:
I deal with words. Numbers bore me.

I deal with numbers. Words bore me. I'm not used to all those 'What's toasting?' 'List the importance of wooing a girl' 'What's the function of a diick?' I don't like speaking English language in the examination hall. I prefer something like this. 'Find the curl of the vector so, so, so, so. .' Or 'Solve this using Fourier/Power series method.' I love Mathematics!

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by ayokunlei(m): 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
dotun4luv:
Read more detail about each equation http://www.mavenvibe.com/2016/04/13/17-equations-that-changed-the-world-totally/

Geofavor must hear this cool

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
What am I doing here *quickly runs out of thread*
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Wolfbrother(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by BossDanniee(m): 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
Great Pythagoras theorem
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by nigeriafilm(m): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
OP U TRY
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Harmored(m): 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
HOW undecided
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by donphilopus: 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
Thebachelor:
Economics was a sweet course until they introduced mathematics into it. Maths have a way of complicating things.

Economics Mathematics is not that hard na. .Na that one we (Mathematicians) being dey use chop money for school na!!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by usy309(m): 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
Solving mathematics is different from Understanding mathematics, many dudes knows how to solve, but ti apply it in real life is the problem.......

Do u know how our credit/Debit Card works
Do u know How MTN generate their recharge pin

If u can endure the stress of understanding mathematics, there is nothing u can not learn in this world....

Proudly mathematician (Encryption Analysis )

3 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by donphilopus: 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
prof800:
Oh, there is an equation for "Chaos Theory"?

And what of F=ma, V=IR and n°=a + (n-1)d.

Nth term of an AP sef join? Huh? cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
I love Mathematics. Am a mathematician/engineer to be. There many more equations that changed the world. Nice one OP
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Heromaniaa:
I deal with words. Numbers bore me.

I'm sure the numbers tied to your Bank account don't bore you.

grin
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Thebachelor:
Economics was a sweet course until they introduced mathematics into it. Maths have a way of complicating things.
o come on, economics won't be a truly scientific without maths. imagine the the difference that calculus, econometrics and statistics makes in turning a simple economic theory into a testable hypothesis.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by inaiduna(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
Conversant with some of the equations ... but Runge-Kuta 2nd order differential equation for computational mathematics, still duff my hat for the inventor!
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Alexandroo(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Great mathematician
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
pendusky:
Linear Programing and Probability theorem

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by zikray: 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
What have we benefited from all these equations in Africa...and why must equations of ancient days still rule us till today... why haven't we the present generation formulated ours...rather we are here applauding dead men's equations.lobish
Re: 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally by martineverest(m): 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Used all the equations in university

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Port-Harcourt Teacher Beats 11-Year-Old Special-Needs Student (Disturbing Photos / How Nigerians Are Getting Teaching Jobs In UAE / Things An Average Person Should Know Offhand...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.