Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (912399 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by riosworos(m): 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
ziggy3579:
U need to book an appointment, without appointment u will b bounced at d enterance http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/

No need booking an appointment in Abuja consulate... Just go in the morning to open a blocked account
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dronoms: 12:51am On Dec 08, 2016
Hey Guys, Anyone here in Kassel? I arrive on saturday and I am in need of a place to stay till I can get mine.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mille: 1:15am On Dec 08, 2016
Dronoms:
Hey Guys, Anyone here in Kassel? I arrive on saturday and I am in need of a place to stay till I can get mine.

Where were you when I was asking of anyone going to Kassel. Didn't you apply for accommodation? I already got one from the university.

I'll arrive Germany by mid February but sadly I'll be staying in Witzenhausen (30mins from Kassel) since most of my courses are at the faculty in Witzenhausen.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SurveyorD: 3:06am On Dec 08, 2016
Hi guys

Is anyone planning to send documents down to Germany from Nigeria, I want to get some documents down here, PM me we could share cost of transfer.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennison4luv: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
Armaniii:
Hello my people. Been ages since i last saw myself online here. This Forum used to be home. I have decided to take out some time to say a few things about my experience thus far.

First is that my expectations were not cut short. They have been duly matched in terms of Education and Living.

Over here the professors believe not just in knowing but in doing. You will be exposed to lots of practical sessions. I remember during my first year in school back in Nigeria, the lecturer who taught us C Language back then would walk up and down the class dictating the programs and then the equivalent output. We never for one day saw what the compiler looked like. The reverse is the case here as the professors are ready to help you succeed. When you come here, you have to 'Unlearn' to learn if you really want to go far.

Living here has been seamless. Life is easy in Germany in the sense that you have virtually all you need to make it here. If internet and constant light are your problem, you have it running 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You will find free wifi in some bus stations.

Student jobs are in Hamburg but this brings me to the best advice i will give anyone who wants to listen. I and Chinok have been lucky to find a very cool job we do only on Saturdays for a few hours but if you will listen, try by all means to learn the language. I have missed out on a handful of Jobs since i came here all because i have no good knowledge of German but na me n them next year. Another thing you will learn when you get here is that there is dignity in labour. No matter what you do to make a living, You are well respected.

I haven't looked the way of women but i know people who did and got in no time and some who are still on it. So i cant really talk much on that.

My city is very nice and welcoming as 60-70% or more of the people here speak English (but would refuse to speak most times). I had this experience when i was processing my resident permit. I spoke to the man in English but he responded in German. I told him that i dont speak German and he responded in a very clear and concise English saying 'I am sorry i cannot help you. Kindly go and get a translator'. I was shocked. Sounded like a programmed machine. Once again, try and learn the language.

Talking about resident permit, do well to print out your account statement before making withdrawals as you will be required to show you have living expenses for one year before your visa can be extended and Please try and extend the visa once you come in. I came here with 6 months visa but i had to go for extension because by the time it expires, i would have gone half way with the money in my blocked account. So after your Anmeldung, Resident permit should be the next thing on your mind. Just show them the statement of account you printed even though you must have made a few withdrawals because you have to pay accommodation and caution fees.

There are a lot of blacks in Hamburg. As a matter of fact, whenever i pass by HAUPTBAHNHOF i usually look out for Yellow buses(danfo) just to be sure i am not in Surulere. Occasionally when we pass ourselves, some will nod at me and i will reply with a nod of my own....and then we walk away wondering where the other party is from.

I have made some nigerian friends. Friends who came here about the same time with me.... Chinok(from home though), John, Surveyor, Othniel n so on and a lot of other senior colleagues. They were instrumental in helping me settle down.

You will most definitely not hear from me very often because of workload from school but when i can, i will definitely breeze in to intimate you guys on proceedings.

I remain ARMANIII of HAMBURG. I greet you all.

ARMANNIII i greet u bro,,, please i need ur assistance,,,, this is my email (kenojiaku@gmail.com) i want to confirm things from u,,,, please what does this admission mode mean,,,, selection by the HEI,,,,,,Please how is this universities and cities Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt • (University of Applied Sciences) • ,Rhein-Waal University of Applied Sciences • (University of Applied Sciences) • Kleve,,, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) • (University) • Karlsruhe,,,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dronoms: 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
Didn't see your post, I am traveling for germany tomorrow.
Mille:

Where were you when I was asking of anyone going to Kassel. Didn't you apply for accommodation? I already got one from the university.

I'll arrive Germany by mid February but sadly I'll be staying in Witzenhausen (30mins from Kassel) since most of my courses are at the faculty in Witzenhausen.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
jejet:
For all prospective applicant for 2017/2018; You may consider not choosing Universities from the state of Baden Würtenberg as the state is considering introducing tuition fees for non-eu citizens (1000-1500 Euros per semester).

bro please where did you get the information from and how strong is the source.thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ifeanyiernest05(m): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
Please how much in Naira do i need to fund my block account
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Harrisibor(m): 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
Please someone Help me out.

Please do i need to take all my certificates to the German embassy for Authentication before uploading it in the Uniasist online application portal?
I am just applying for the first time for a masters programme. Somebody pls help
I am quite new here and have read quite a lot.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ezekuse: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Harrisibor:
Please someone Help me out.

Please do i need to take all my certificates to the German embassy for Authentication before uploading it in the Uniasist online application portal?
I am just applying for the first time for a masters programme. Somebody pls help
I am quite new here and have read quite a lot.
You need to upload your documents without certification on uni-assist portal. However after you have certified your documents from the Germany embassy you will need to send the Hard copies to Uni_assist. Please note that Uniassist requires only a set of hard copies even if you are applying to several schools via uni-assist
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SirWahl1: 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
ezekuse:

You need to upload your documents without certification on uni-assist portal. However after you have certified your documents from the Germany embassy you will need to send the Hard copies to Uni_assist. Please note that Uniassist requires only a set of hard copies even if you are applying to several schools via uni-assist
Thanks boss you be the best.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbadmus: 6:17am On Dec 09, 2016
Morning house,please what is the earliest acceptable duration in terms of date of last transaction or month for a statement of account meant for DB account opening?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbadmus: 6:20am On Dec 09, 2016
ifeanyiernest05:
Please how much in Naira do i need to fund my block account

Someone once mentioned 4M here.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennison4luv: 8:45am On Dec 09, 2016
good morning house please what is the meaning of (Admission Mode
selection by the HEI)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2016
Morning guys, my school gives two types of transcript, local and international. I was able to get a photocopy of the local. Can I legalise it, and use it to process my admission to German universities?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2016
Raemond:
Morning guys, my school gives two types of transcript, local and international. I was able to get a photocopy of the local. Can I legalise it, and use it to process my admission to German universities?
Of course
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
chrisley024:
Of course
thanks boss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EzenyiJude(m): 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
Please guys, I'm sooo sorry if this inconveniences you in any way. But I truly need your help here. I assure you that I've been going through the threads here about studying in Germany but I really need to know if I HAVE to go to the embassy with the application form from the schools I want to apply to before my documents can be certified there. This part keeps confusing me. Or can I just go with the other documents without that one? Also, does the certification cost money? Please help. Please. Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
jejet:
For all prospective applicant for 2017/2018; You may consider not choosing Universities from the state of Baden Würtenberg as the state is considering introducing tuition fees for non-eu citizens (1000-1500 Euros per semester).

True....avoid schools in that state if finance is an issue for you.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
Raemond:

Yes.Your grade is the core point is your grade.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
jbadmus:

Someone once mentioned 4M here.

With current aboki rate, budget 4.5m (Naira)

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbadmus: 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
jbadmus:
Morning house,please what is the earliest acceptable duration in terms of date of last transaction or month for a statement of account meant for DB account opening?

Someone should please me do justice to this.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dayzzy(m): 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman2: 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
EzenyiJude:
Please guys, I'm sooo sorry if this inconveniences you in any way. But I truly need your help here. I assure you that I've been going through the threads here about studying in Germany but I really need to know if I HAVE to go to the embassy with the application form from the schools I want to apply to before my documents can be certified there. This part keeps confusing me. Or can I just go with the other documents without that one? Also, does the certification cost money? Please help. Please. Thank you.

Oga, check the course website, get all required documents, get Dia application form and fill too, photocopy each of the said documents and go to the embassy on the appointed time. Make sure u go with both original and photocopy, cos dey have to check the original to certify that it's same with the photocopy.

Place ur original and photocopy side by side. I.e, school cert original, school cert photocopy in page one.
Waec original, waec photocopy in page 2 a so forth to make it easy for u.

Make sure u sign u application form, motivation letter and any other u typed urself.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diggy4real: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
I am yet to get info on getting a resdential permit after schooling?....How is it done....must one settle with an oyibo?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by doubletroublmum(f): 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
diggy4real:
I am yet to get info on getting a resdential permit after schooling?....How is it done....must one settle with an oyibo?

Hi, if you study hard enough, you will find a good job later and get a stay.
It's not a MUST to stay with oyibo.... Staying with somebody should never be a MUST. Besides oyibo are human too

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
please who has euro for sale? please help your brother. this is the same dprinz99 since 2014 and I'm still here in naija. deadline is January and I never still fund my account. not to mention ,I Don already defer 2 times so I no fit defer agn. EPP your brother.fired no dey bank and honestly I can't afford aboki rate. please
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
dprinz99:
please who has euro for sale?
please help your brother.
this is the same dprinz99 since 2014 and I'm still here in naija.
deadline is January and I never still fund my account.
not to mention ,I Don already defer 2 times so I no fit defer agn.
EPP your brother.fired no dey bank and honestly I can't afford aboki rate.
please
pm
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman2: 5:12am On Dec 11, 2016
biglord:
Hi everyone, just wanted to say to every dreamer out here, do not give up. the whole stress is worth it. I guarantee you that. cheers.

Bro, if I get a sponsorship letter, what appointment am i going to be booking for? Is it visa interview or visa application?

And I am getting a police clearance report? Seems I saw it on d checklist.

The courier evelop, is it sold in the embassy their or I am going along with it?

And how much shoild I budget to have in my pocket when going?

Thanks Bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diggy4real: 8:22am On Dec 11, 2016
doubletroublmum:

Hi, if you study hard enough, you will find a good job later and get a stay.
It's not a MUST to stay with oyibo.... Staying with somebody should never be a MUST. Besides oyibo are human too

OK.....thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.