Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Saudi Threatens To Pull $750bn Investment From US If Indicted For 9/11 Attacks - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Threatens To Pull $750bn Investment From US If Indicted For 9/11 Attacks (709 Views)

New UAE Documentary Claims Qatar Complicit In Sept. 11 Attacks / Hillary Clinton Collapses At 9/11 Ceremony, Rushed Out In Ambulance / 9/11 Attacks: Bin Laden Inspired By Egyptian Pilot Who Crashed Into Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Threatens To Pull $750bn Investment From US If Indicted For 9/11 Attacks by RevDesm0ndJuju: 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
Saudi Arabia has gone full retardo of late by threatening the almighty U.S.A.

This is coming on the heels of the impending passage of a bill by the US Congress that seeks to extradite any Saudi official found responsible for 9/11 attacks and also freeze assets belonging to same people or groups.

The daft goat farkers of the evil house of saud are already jittery as there is more than enough incriminating evidence that the Saudi govt was involved in the 9/11 attacks.

How in God's name will the Saudi govt be able to offload $750bn assets in the US without taking a massive loss?

And how in God's name does the Saudi govt think they can play ball with the almighty USA?

The US doesnt bulk under sanctions; they are the ones that sanction you goat farkers!

Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The Obama administration has lobbied Congress to block the bill’s passage, according to administration officials and congressional aides from both parties, and the Saudi threats have been the subject of intense discussions in recent weeks between lawmakers and officials from the State Department and the Pentagon. The officials have warned senators of diplomatic and economic fallout from the legislation.

Adel al Jubeir, the Saudi foreign minister, delivered the kingdom’s message personally last month during a trip to Washington, telling lawmakers that Saudi Arabia would be forced to sell up to $750 billion in treasury securities and other assets in the United States before they could be in danger of being frozen by American courts.

Several outside economists are skeptical that the Saudis will follow through, saying that say such a sell-off would be difficult to execute and would end up crippling the kingdom’s economy. But the threat is another sign of the escalating tensions between Saudi Arabia and the United States.

The administration, which argues that the legislation would put Americans at legal risk overseas, has been lobbying so intently against the bill that some lawmakers and families of Sept. 11 victims are infuriated. In their view, the Obama administration has consistently sided with the kingdom and has thwarted their efforts to learn what they believe to be the truth about the role some Saudi officials played in the terror plot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/16/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-warns-ofeconomic-fallout-if-congress-passes-9-11-bill.html?_r=1&mtrref=undefined&gwh=D592ACB858A165B05B3404625EB4E380&gwt=pay
Re: Saudi Threatens To Pull $750bn Investment From US If Indicted For 9/11 Attacks by dabbyz(f): 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hmmm! I pitch my tent
Re: Saudi Threatens To Pull $750bn Investment From US If Indicted For 9/11 Attacks by ebamma(m): 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
When i look at America, all i see is a country run by the moneyed class,
The didn't waste time in taking Iran to court, and giving a verdict of $10.5billion fine, for their role in a 9/11 the weren't involved in,

But since the Saudis have invested so much in the banks and major corporations that have many congressmen in their pockets, the are almost untouchable,

I won't be suprised, if the bill isn't passed.
Re: Saudi Threatens To Pull $750bn Investment From US If Indicted For 9/11 Attacks by Underground: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
ebamma:
When i look at America, all i see is a country run by the moneyed class,
The didn't waste time in taking Iran to court, and giving a verdict of $10.5billion fine, for their role in a 9/11 the weren't involved in,

But since the Saudis have invested so much in the banks and major corporations that have many congressmen in their pockets, the are almost untouchable,

I won't be suprised, if the bill isn't passed.

The wish of patriotic Americans to get to the bottom of 9/11 has been trumped by the demands of a repressive, tyrannical country in the make of Saudi Arabia. The US government will lie that these classified information which I have no doubt will implicate several high ranking members of the Saudi government and spark a trail all the way to the uppper echelons of the US government, can't be released in the interest of "National security"

19 of the 21/22 hijackers were Saudis yet Amerika went on a bombing adventure in Afghanistan and Iraq and further destroying those countries.

The government of the people, by the people and for the people no longer holds true as its now obvious that the agendas and interests of the mega-corporations and special interest groups is all that matters now. The nature and talking points of the ongoing presidential campaign further reinforces this reality.

The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave is no more

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Orlando Gunman's Current Wife Drove Him To Pulse Nightclub To "Scope It Out" And / It’s Time For Mugabe To Go — Botswana President / Meet The Zimbabwe Woman Who Gave Birth To A Frog After She Was Bewitched (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.