Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? (6002 Views)

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by GEW: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2009
Catch your daughter in prostitution?
By GIDEON OPARINDE[tomgidops@yahoo.com]
Sunday, August 2, 2009

Most university campuses are replete with stories of daddy’s girls in the Aristo business. Gbemi, 26, is a good example. She was caught ‘red-handed’ by her own father who had come to pay her a visit while she was returning from a weekend ‘trip’.
We asked respondents how they would react if they catch their daughters in the shameless business of Aristos. Their responses:

SUNDAY VIVIAN
I will neither chase her away nor disown her. But I will advice and talk to her, making her realize that she should take her education as priority in life; that she should face the future and put aside every distraction that could ruin her future.

MRS. CHINYERE
If she’s caught, I will not react at the scene. In other words, I will pretend I did not know what is going on.
I will wake her in the middle of the night and start counseling her, telling her the implication of what she did. I will pray that God renews her because she does not need to be spoken or shouted on harshly, it could make her become worse. As a wise and good mother, I would talk to her politely while counseling her.

MRS. LEWA
Definitely I would feel sad. But as the saying goes, there is no smoke without a fire. I will sit her down, ask her few questions like: what went wrong? Why the conduct? Theses I will do in love and understanding. After these, I will take to the final solution, which is prayer. Only prayer can make impossible things possible.

MRS. LYDIA AGBEBI
Being harsh on her could further lead to her untimely destruction and add to her frustrated soul. The best thing is to immediately call her to know if there is anything she is being deprived of. If we are not guilty of this, it means she was influenced by friends in school or due to covetousness.
The solution is to arrange for prayer and fasting for her whenever she is back from school. Make sure she doesn’t go out for those periods of personal encounter with God, let her humble herself under the mighty hand of God. At this period, she would have been completely sober and will see those things she did as irritating.

Most ladies had good and decent parental backgrounds, but when they get to higher institution of learning, they get swept away by peer pressure. Some of these girls, we believe are in school but they hardly stay in school, but sleep around with lecturers for money, pleasure, live couple lives and so on. Some are rarely known in their departments, while some pass their exams by the whiskers. These children when they get back home are the greatest pretenders ever, they dress most decently at home like saints but on campus they are devils, are into cultism and deadlier acts. Parents are enjoined to periodically check on their wards in school, to ensure they are still in right tune.

UWATA THERSESA
I definitely will be sad because that is not the kind of life I want for her. I’ll tell her the implications of being a prostitute. Some ladies engage themselves in such acts due to lack of adequate parental care. Their parents are not there for them when they were needed, so the vacuum is therefore created and the repercussion becomes the parents’. Children need care, love and trust. When they are denied these, they take to the advice of their peer groups and once they are addicted to whatever they do, it is difficult to get them back.

MRS. ATUNWA
It means she is no longer responsible; she has gone wild and needs serious prayers. It takes patience and endurance to cure madness; she needs rehabilitation and with time, I believe she will be normal again.

VIVIAN EYABEVWE
It is really bad and that’s how I would feel because as a mother, it will be the worst thing that could happen to me. I won’t because of that throw he. out of the house. I will simply call her and talk sense to her. I will try as much as possible to satisfy her needs, so that she won’t go back to her vomit. Then I’ll keep watching her from time to time.
I will start monitoring her, and, if her school’s far from home, I wouldn’t for such reason withdraw her but commit her to God’s hand for total guidance and pray for the spirit of self control.

LOLA OYETUNJI
The fact that I know I give her whatever she needed should not, in any instance, take her into prostitution. So what would her excuse or complaint be? But peradventure she takes to prostitution; I will easily know it is the devil at work and would quickly liberate her through prayer.

MRS. OLUCHI
I will be angry. I will wake her in the middle of the night and talk to her, warn her not to tarnish my image or the family’s. I believe she would have been in the trade longer than my calculation; counseling might not change her, but prayer because it is an evil spirit.
We shouldn’t be surprised that secondary school girls, some as young as 12, 13 practice prostitution in hotels; reasons not adduced to poverty, but a destructive spirit of the end time, which works in the lives of the disobedient children. http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/wiveslive/2009/aug/02/wiveslive-02-08-2009-001.htm
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Epiphany(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2009
Lol. All lies.
Half of them will disown their children. All that, 'i will sit her down and talk to her, ' is a pack of rubbish
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by manuel(m): 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2009
I catch ma daughter prostituting angry

I go kill am nah grin
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2009
Devil always get blamed for everything, even for the things we intentionally and consciously provoked.
Nigerians should keep praying against the devil while prostitution and other crimes are on the rise.

How can nigerians still be playing blind to the fact that corruption, poverty, bad parenting, greed, peer pressure and in a few isolated cases; choice are responsible for prostitution in nigeria?
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by bootycall(f): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Topic,i wud be ashamed of myself,i wud feel i was not a good parent.I wud try to help her,take her home and see what went wrong.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by sexy212(f): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
what will u do?nothing!! only get angry at her bt u ll still forgive her cox she is ur blood.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by akigbemaru: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2009
manuel:

I catch ma daughter prostituting angry

I go kill am nah grin

You have got to know, it's a law of karma, it will surely get back to hit you. While you turn yourself to predator, chasing little girls (sweet sixteen) all around and the nemesis hits you back; when your daughter turn to prostitute. Now, you want to kill? Nothing do you, you got to be alright! grin grin grin grin grin undecided
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Ben13: 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
my daughter wouldn't dare. . .
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by yrunvus: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
Some of the responses said they would wake up at the middle of the night, lol

what does that have to do with anything?
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Deshola: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2009
God forbid!
I'll counsel her and pray hardddddddddd.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2009
bootycall:

@Topic,i wud be ashamed of myself,i wud feel i was not a good parent.I wud try to help her,take her home and see what went wrong.

There's nothing to be ashamed of. We Nigerians live in a world of denial.
The only difference between Aristo girls and regular Nigerian university girls is that Aristo girls charge directly for sex.
If you remove the immediate payment of money involved, 97% of University girls are prostitutes.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by utotomi10(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
I will simply ask her for the money!
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by otukpo(f): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
GOD FORBID!
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by utotomi10(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
I will simply ask her for the money!
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by remoranger(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
i will disown the b
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
That is a tough one oh.
I ave no idea what i would do.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by jaquan(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
i would hail her and ask her if i can be her manager. that way i get 30% of the payments. cool
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Fhemmmy: 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2009
jaquan:

i would hail her and ask her if i can be her manager. that way i get 30% of the payments. cool
i blv that will make u the best Dad of the year. cry
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Pittbaby(f): 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2009
The only difference between Aristo girls and regular Nigerian university girls is that Aristo girls charge directly for sex.
If you remove the immediate payment of money involved, 97% of University girls are prostitutes.

There is always one joker willing to act like he was not born of a woman

Some kids turn bad despite a parents best efforts , all you can do is provide and impart all that you can and hope that your child is smart enough to realize that their future lies in their hands. I will not be the one that gets pregnant or catches an STD .

a university aged girl is an adult if you have not impacted good morals at this stage , your chances of changing her behaviour are slim.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by newdeal(m): 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
Reminds me of a real life story way back: a high profile politician went to a university to look for fun. He parked at a safe distance and sent his foot soldiers into the fields and guess who they came back with? His kid sister who he was sponsoring. Trust politicians, he turned the story around to make it look like he acted on tip-off based on stories he had heard about the girl! poor girl got a good dressing down in the full glare of school mates!
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by sirt1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ All,

Nigerians with pretence!!! Does it means that everybody interviewed were born again who believes so much in the power of prayer? They were liars from the pit of hell.

Back to the point, I pray my daughters will never indulge in such shameful act. But if the other way round, I will treat her Bleep-up immediately. You all know what anger can cause, but I will not allow my anger to override my sense of reasoning, but definitely, she will suffer for her action.

I'm not saying I will kill her or disown her, but she must pay for it. Even if I couldn't meet all her need, that will not be enough justification for rubbish.

A-town:

@ A-town
Truth to some extent. Just that ladies will not say the truth. We are graduates/undergraduates and we know the stuff in the campuses. However, there are some good ones who will not compromise for any reason------keep it up and don't be discouraged.

Epiphany:

Lol. All lies.
Half of them will disown their children. All that, 'i will sit her down and talk to her, ' is a pack of rubbish

@ Epiphany

Don't mind them. They are nothing, but  useless liars, no wonder their daughters will take to Aristos

jaquan:

i would hail her and ask her if i can be her manager. that way i get 30% of the payments.  cool

@ Jaquan
like father,like daughter.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Witi(m): 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
cry cry cry
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
newdeal:

Reminds me of a real life story way back: a high profile politician went to a university to look for fun. He parked at a safe distance and sent his foot soldiers into the fields and guess who they came back with? His kid sister who he was sponsoring. Trust politicians, he turned the story around to make it look like he acted on tip-off based on stories he had heard about the girl! poor girl got a good dressing down in the full glare of school mates!

serves such man right.
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by jpphilips(m): 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2009
[b]i will choose any from the following;

1 withdraw all my privileges as a parent including paying her school fees since she wasn't prostituting @ home

2 i will take her to a clinic to check if she is still medically fit to live in my house, the result will determine her next pick up address

3 i will pay more attention to my wife to see if we can get a replacement ASAP,if she has passed menopause, i will order for testube babies catalog or hire a surrogate recommended by my wife for Artificial replacement,if i cant afford it, i will just assume i lost a daughter then i will summon every bit of fortitude that i would expend if she had died in a car crash

4 if my wife becomes unsupportive, i will blame it on her and sanction them both

but if i was poor, in other words, she was just surviving,

1 i will encourage her to work harder since she has more mouth to feed and enlighten her on the use of condoms since she has a prettier younger sister that can take over her customers if she becomes careless.

i will definitely resign to fate and accept my position as a failed parent and Ask God for a second chance grin grin

[/b]
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by jaquan(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2009
i always try to make the best out of a bad situation and hence this is no exception. i have bills to pay!
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by newdeal(m): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ otukpo
A bole?
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by eniolape: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2009
God Forbid,
I will bring myself than to her age and talk to her about it in a cool voice.
Disadvantage of what she doing
What can be the result
Dem i will pray to God to guide her
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2009
Well, no one prays to see/catch his/er daughter in such. angry
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by MrWaters: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2009
we've matters to discuss!!!!
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
brein:

Well, no one prays to see/catch his/er daughter in such. angry

but $hit happens
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by Nezan(m): 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2009
brein:

[size=18pt]Well, no one prays to see/catch his/er daughter in such. angry[/size]
Re: Catch Your Daughter In Prostitution? by PurestBoy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2009
Some people are saying they will wake their daughter in the middle of the night to advise her, what if she has gone for her prostitution b4 the middle of the night??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Billionaire Buries Mother In Hummer SUV Instead Of Casket (photos) / If Your Mama Never Do This To You,then Ur Childhood Wasn't Complete / Help. My Mother Is A Witch.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.