Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Dad,are You Scared? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad,are You Scared? (543 Views)

Man Discovers Old Naira Notes Left Behind By His Grand Dad For Them / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad,are You Scared? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
As a father,If your 5 year old daughter ask you ..."Dad,were you scared?" What should be your response?

Scenario
Let's assume you were with your daughter earlier in the day and something fearful happened e.g a close shave with an accident. You maneuver and nothing happened.Latter in the night,while trying to tuck her to bed,she asked you the question...What should be the response?
Re: Dad,are You Scared? by GodnGold: 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dads get scared sometimes.
But you should never be scared. My response
Re: Dad,are You Scared? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2016
My main question or issue here is this...should we, as dads or man of the house, allow our children or wives,know we are afraid? Considering our role as a protector for them?
Re: Dad,are You Scared? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
I would tell her the truth. So if I was scared at the time, I would tell her so. Let her know it's okay to be scared sometimes, even daddy too. Self-preservation and fear often go together.

Being scared can actually save your life, being over confident and cocky in the face of grave danger could kill you. Children need to learn that it is good to be scared in certain situations, they are not robots.

6 Likes

Re: Dad,are You Scared? by Kookny(m): 3:16am On Apr 17, 2016
It depends on the reason(s) for being scared.
Re: Dad,are You Scared? by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 17, 2016
Siena:
I would tell her the truth. So if I was scared at the time, I would tell her so. Let her know it's okay to be scared sometimes, even daddy too. Self-preservation and fear often go together.

Being scared can actually save your life, being over confident and cocky in the face of grave danger could kill you. Children need to learn that it is good to be scared in certain situations, they are not robots.
This is fantastic!
Re: Dad,are You Scared? by Nobody: 4:52am On Apr 17, 2016
Why not. If I was scared I would tell her I was. The earlier she knows I'm human (with human limits) and not a God, the better father I'll be. Instead of forming superhero for her till d day I will fumble and she'll disown me for unreal things

(1) (Reply)

Special Treat! Caution: Might Be Bitter! / Who's To Blame? / How Do You Get Kids To Tell The Truth After Commiting An Offense ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.