Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,428 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It! (3519 Views)

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It! by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 17, 2016
I came across this article with few Bible verses about paying Bride-Prices before getting married is an act of man's own tradition, and I got confused. So, I want you all to prove if it is True or False. Read Exodus 22: 16-17; and Deut. 22: 28-29.
Re: Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It! by owelle22(m): 3:24am On Apr 17, 2016
Incase
Re: Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It! by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 17, 2016
By biblical, do you mean sanctioned by God and necessary for faith or do you mean people in the bible practised it?

I consider it cultural. In India, it's the brides who pay the hefty bride price to the grooms family.

Jacob paid bride price with service
Rebecca's father and brother received gold, etc
Re: Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It! by mebikade: 12:21am On Feb 28, 2019
Its is not of God it has nothing to do with faith it's absolutely cultural

(1) (Reply)

How My Religious Mum Encouraged Me In The Path Of Atheism / I Want The Theist/atheists Argument To End. See How I Intend To Do That. / Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.