Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204782 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 12:13am On Mar 02, 2017
bellong:

I can imagine how sad it is missing out by three points..

Work on the area you were deficient during the test and try again.

Worst case scenario, wait till after for months to claim 5 points from work experience.

Did VETASSES explain why your experience was cut down?

Yes, they did.

"the tasks undertaken are not closely related to the ANZSCO tasks for the nominated occupation
(Employment 1)
the employment was used to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the nominated
or closely related ANZSCO occupation (Employment 2)"

Out of 5 years, they said the first 1 and half years isn't closely related. Then a part of the remaining years was used to calculate the qualifying period.

I currently have 45 points so I need 20 points more.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yuddy2(m): 5:51am On Mar 02, 2017
ookunlola:

It's already posted by Bnmiz on page 177 of this thread.
please I am yet to open any of the documents(sample CDRs) on google Drive. I have tried with my phone and laptop to no avail. Pls is there another link to CDR samples?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NGOZIGLORI(f): 6:46am On Mar 02, 2017
@bellong and all the other gurus in the house.
Good morning house, pls I need advice from our honourable gurus. Pls I want to apply for skill assessment with TRA as a dressmaker/tailor. This skill is on the csol list and its been sponsored by south Australia.
Although I have a Bsc Biochemistry from ABU but no work experience except for the one year service So this doesn't meet up to the VATASSES requirement the asseement body for biochemistry.
As a dressmaker/ tailor, I have my fashion house which I open in 2009 and have been managing it since then. Am Yet to rewrite Ielts/pte ,the Ielts I wrote last for student visa process will not fetch any point for me. but I have 25 points for age. So targeting 20 for English.
From ANZSCO site the job description for dressmaker/tailor Tallys with my job description.

Skill Level 3 : Occupations at Skill Level 3 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:

- AQF Certificate IV or
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training.

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

I just registered my business name with CAC. Am hoping to get reference letter from a company that I have been making outfits for over 5years. Am at the moment rounding up a short course programme in fashion and design am doing in a polytechnic institute. At the end of the programme I will be awarded a certificate iii which I want to include for the assessment.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 8:50am On Mar 02, 2017
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can see you have done a very good job by doing one or two findings.

The problem here is that you are trying to apply as "SELF EMPLOYED" which is not easy I must confess because it requires a lot of paper works.

You can only use Recognition of Prior Learning had it been you are a dressmaker / tailor working with a registered / well established Fashion Designer outlet (not just 'abele' tailor o) and this will still require you to show offer letter, pay slips, and so on. Three years of your work experience here can suffice for the AQF Certificate III or IV irrespective of your formal qualification.

I don't think getting a reference letter to back your CAC registration will fly. If you check TRA MSA guideline booklet it goes beyond reference letter.

Your Certificate III you are yet to finish still requires you to have 2 years work experiences and how are you sure they will assess the programme to equal AQF Certificate III. I am being candid here because I know of someone who had tried it but just couldn't put together all the required documents.

To claim SELF EMPLOYED with TRA no be moi moi ooo.

I will advise you to download the TRA MSA guideline booklet and read about the requirements for claiming SELF EMPLOYED.

Best of luck Sis.....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Desgin: 9:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Yeeshas:
I just got my PTE scores...so pained.

Listening - 82
Reading - 81
Writing - 85
Speaking - 76

Just maybe if I had prepared more. I need 20 points. Really really pained.

Baba God answer me for this PTE speaking na Abeg

Speaking=67
Reading=88
Writing=90
Listening=90
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2017
A louder Amen to this prayer

mamajaz:
Prayer time..

Knock, knock, knock....is anybody home??
I wish all of us a happy new month. May we all march into the realm of supernatural where no: English tests will defeat us, case officer will make us sad, vetasses and other assessing authorities will dampen our spirits, and aspirations.
I pray God will make this month a month of innumerable GRANTS, record breaking successes in English tests, and more than enough positive assessments.
Overall, I pray that dollar will fall! and fall!! and falllll!!!!!!!! by faayaaaaaaaaaaa....., such that people in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe etc will be so happy with this prayers and release so much hard currencies to mamajazzy's dorm account. ..
Can I hear an amen? A louder amen

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 10:14am On Mar 02, 2017
Mamajaz et al, sebi unna sabi say what goes around comes around. You guys are landing Aussie soon too, may be by then it will be #1===1AUD.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 10:58am On Mar 02, 2017
jamson:

So true!! I said same thing to Mamajaz earlier today. PTE just get as e be. I no know say u don mark their register twice already. Good luck with the IELTS (I hope say na General sha). I'd be happy to help with the preparation. PM me pls

emergency911 (Ozymigrant):

Thanks boss.

Na so I think too about PTE o , the thing show me pepper! I did it twice,the highest I had in speaking was 44. I had to run back to IELTS before dem turn me their magga.

I had 6.5/6.5/6.5/7W in my first IELTS, i just thought to try it once more with better preparation perhaps I might get lucky.

My take on PTE having given it twice is, once you don't get the strategies to outsmart the computer in place, you will continue to dash dem money ni.

AlhamduliLlah!!!

I claimed my 10 points for english today via IELTS on second attempt; L8R8S8W7.5

@Jamson, I cant thank you enough (all those hours of phone calls paid off biggly).........I wish to be like you someday in terms of helping others to reach their dreams.

@Mamajaz, you might want to take a cue from my experience............give PTE a break.

189 EOI loading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2017
OzyMigrant:

AlhamduliLlah!!!

I claimed my 10 points for english today via IELTS on second attempt; L8R8S8W7.5

@Jamson, I cant thank you enough (all those hours of phone calls paid off biggly).........I wish to be like you someday in terms of helping others to reach their dreams.

@Mamajaz, you might want to take a cue from my experience............give PTE a break.

congrats brother. ....Thanks for the advice, surely your case is different.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Mamajaz et al, sebi unna sabi say what goes around comes around. You guys are landing Aussie soon too, may be by then it will be #1===1AUD.
Nooooo wahala, as far as I dey comfortable.... Ai go give am out at subsidized rate.
buh wait ohhhh....
does it mean people are not happy with that dollar- fall prayer ni Nkechima, BimpsyN, bolaobby etal where art thou...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2017
mamajaz:
does it mean people are not happy with that dollar- fall prayer ni Nkechima, BimpsyN, bolaobby etal where art thou...
The people in UK, Canada, USA, Australia and Europe are not happy. Every currency is crashing except the Naira and Aud... But we no fit vex for long... Naija we hail thee. grin still a naija boy regardless of location...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:58am On Mar 02, 2017
OzyMigrant:

AlhamduliLlah!!!

Congrats bro!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
iceberg54:

Congrats bro!

Thanks boss
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 12:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Congratulations my brother!!! Now I know how Bellong feels each time there is a good news in the house.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello House,

Been a while....

Finally Got my transcript Today after 58 days grin

ACS Assessment Here Loading

PTE retake Loading

>>>>>>>>>>>>..back on track in full gear

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
OzyMigrant:

AlhamduliLlah!!!

Congrats....are you for mechanical engineering?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
FYI FROM BORDER.GOV.AU

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/global-visa-and-citizenship-processing-times.aspx

Visa and citizenship processing times available online

New global visa and citizenship processing times​

Global visa and citizenship processing times will be available online for the first time from 13 March.

As part of the Department’s ongoing efforts to improve client information, the publishing of current visa and citizenship processing times will give you more meaningful data about the visa or citizenship product of your choice.
The latest processing times will replace the previously published service standards to give you a better idea of how long it is taking to process a particular visa subclass, stream, or citizenship application.

Processing times will be updated monthly to reflect current caseloads and processing pressures, and will be available for most visa subclasses and citizenship application types. We do not publish processing times for some subclasses, as they are closed to new entrants, or capped and queued.
To ensure that your application falls within the published processing times, you must lodge a complete application. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances, including:
whether you have lodged a complete application and included all necessary supporting documents
how promptly you respond to requests for additional information
how long it takes to perform required checks
how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
the number of places available in the migration programme
surges in demand and peak periods.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Congrats Ozymigrant
What is your occupation and how did you go about the issue with PCC sudan?
Edit: Seen its telecoms.. congrats. Expect your ITA on the 14th.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
diggy4real:

Congrats....are you for mechanical engineering?

Thanks. It's is Telecoms.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
mctowel01:
Congrats Ozymigrant
What is your occupation and how did you go about the issue with PCC sudan?
Edit: Seen its telecoms.. congrats. Expect your ITA on the 14th.

PCC Sudan is still there o, hoping to find a way out before it becomes urgent. The country is not listed for PCC......we might eventually need to go the Australian embassy route.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 3:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
OzyMigrant:

AlhamduliLlah!!!

I claimed my 10 points for English today via IELTS on second attempt; L8R8S8W7.5 (first attempt, L6.5R6.5S6.5W7)

EOI submitted;

Telecommunications Network Engineer
65 points

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Thanks. It's is Telecoms.

Great I will send u a pm to make some enquiries.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
sunvick:
Please folks, has anyone gotten nomination recently from NSW? Kindly share the date you applied and how long it took to get invite for nomination please.

Cheers

@ mamajaz==> President General Australian Immigration Commission, Nigerian Branch.

You no go kill person with your humour!!!

I submitted EOI for NSW sometime in January and got an ITA less than two weeks later. Had to bust it though to wait for my 189 ITA
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
Vinsmuft:

I submitted EOI for NSW sometime in January and got an ITA less than two weeks later. Had to bust it though to wait for my 189 ITA

With what point pls?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
diggy4real:

With what point pls?

With 65 points (adding 5 points from the prospective state nomination making it 70 points in total)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
Vinsmuft:

With 65 points (adding 5 points from the prospective state nomination making it 70 points in total)

OK thanks....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
bellong:

I can imagine how sad it is missing out by three points..

Work on the area you were deficient during the test and try again.

Worst case scenario, wait till after for months to claim 5 points from work experience.

Did VETASSES explain why your experience was cut down?

@Oga belong...I have sent you a PM....pls, Kindly reply.....thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
diggy4real:

@Oga belong...I have sent you a PM....pls, Kindly reply.....thanks.

What is your enquiry about?

@Yeeshas,

Which state are you planning to move to?

@Ozymigrant,

Congratulations... I personally believe IELTS and TOEFL are easier than PTE. Though I have not done PTE before but I prefer to interact with human than a coded robot.. cheesy

@Ngoziglory,

SUJYDEE has responded to your query.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by martinoonline(m): 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
iceberg54:

Mine took about 2.5 months. Status didn't change until I got the grant. And I wasn't contacted by any CO.

Hi bro, I applied for visa class 476 since December 31st 2016 and I've not yet got a CO. I'm not really bothered as it's just 2 months since my submission and most of you got yours between 2-3 months. But I'm worried that I may not have uploaded all the necessary documents cos there are some I've seen on the documents list that I do not have, like 'Evidence of health insurance' , 'Evidence of relationship', 'Evidence of spouse/de facto partner', 'Form 80-personal particulars for character assessment', 'Form 956-advice by a migration agent', 'Form 956A-appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient'. Please are all these documents necessary? Will my application be delayed for not having and uploading them?

PS: I have been able to upload my UK police certificate, my UK engr certificate, birth certificate, vaccination card, passport, ielts certificate, and I've done medicals as well which has been acknowledged on their portal.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
Since the last time I posted, a lot of water has passed under the Bridge.
Thank you all for answering my plenty questions.

Anyways, we did PTE, by we, I mean oga.
ACS accessed 10.3 yrs experience as 4.3 because 'course of study isn't closed related to nominated occupation.
He studied comp. Info system from Babcock.
Babcock bsc was assessed to be Associate degree.
So 6 yrs was removed from experience.

Huge blow.
We on 60pts. We did submit EOI like that even tho I know the ceiling is almost full and it's on pro-rata.

We won't have 65 until October when experience will become 5yrs.

So I'm considering getting assessed myself for partner point. I have experience in teaching but my bsc isn't in Education. What are my chances? Has anyone been assessed by AITSL here?

This PR thing is like the narrow way that is said to lead to heaven. Jesu saanu..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
mamajaz:

Nooooo wahala, as far as I dey comfortable.... Ai go give am out at subsidized rate.
buh wait ohhhh....
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dey gbadun U joo.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
trastar:
Since the last time I posted, a lot of water has passed under the Bridge.
Thank you all for answering my plenty questions.

What is the age?
How did you come about 60 points?
3 years experience give 5 points and 5 years give 10 points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.